IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

nelliebelle1197

They have had full clear (and properly fitting) masks in children and baby wards here for the last year (the ones invented for lip reading but also found useful so babies and children can see smiles). 

I can understand Chelsy wanting nice photos with her baby, especially given that life can be very fleeting in the nicu, but I'm surprised the staff dont clamp down firmly on mask use in a shared intensive care space.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

On 7/15/2021 at 9:22 PM, anniebgood said:

Chelsy said in her blog post that the baby has a pneumothorax and that she had at least 1 chest tube and possibly another insertion this evening to help remove the air outside the lungs. If so she's still intubated and fragile right now. 

I agree with @Caroline that their families beliefs are abhorrent to most of us, but I don't think many of us would refrain from sending good healing energy to that tiny child. It has to be excruciating for John and Chelsy at this moment. 

And it is weird because a lot of us have watched John grow up on that blog. I think out of all the Maxwells, he was the favorite of many because he was the difficult and hard to break one. And notice he is the only one with his own thread, partially because of Chelsy but because I think many of us hoped he would break the cycle. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 6

So you can judge me if I am crazy/sentimental but I was thinking of the whole Madeline situation. We are a group of people who generally are against most everything this family stands for. Heck we are on a website designed to snark on them. Yet, here they are facing a medical crisis for their newest addition and we are all on here very concerned for this baby. She is being prayed for in different ways by those who believe in things very different than them and in the thoughts of many who don't believe in God at all. I think this just shows that despite very different beliefs when it comes down to it we can be united with those who we don't see eye to eye with on so many things. 

• Upvote 23
  • Love 12

On 7/17/2021 at 2:54 AM, Green bean satan said:

I thought they said the second tube worked? I didn’t see anything about praying for a miracle. Not to be awful, but she’s not doing THAT bad….

Geeeeeeeeeeez!  Oh my.  That's a defenseless little baby.  Have some compassion.  Preemies can take a turn for the worst in the blink of an eye.  

1 hour ago, ElizaB said:

So you can judge me if I am crazy/sentimental but I was thinking of the whole Madeline situation. We are a group of people who generally are against most everything this family stands for. Heck we are on a website designed to snark on them. Yet, here they are facing a medical crisis for their newest addition and we are all on here very concerned for this baby. She is being prayed for in different ways by those who believe in things very different than them and in the thoughts of many who don't believe in God at all. I think this just shows that despite very different beliefs when it comes down to it we can be united with those who we don't see eye to eye with on so many things. 

I was thinking of that, but you know what?  They wouldn't be praying for us if something happened.  They would chalk it up to "Oh well, that's God's wrath on them."  

• Upvote 10
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

Geeeeeeeeeeez!  Oh my.  That's a defenseless little baby.  Have some compassion.  Preemies can take a turn for the worst in the blink of an eye.  

I was thinking of that, but you know what?  They wouldn't be praying for us if something happened.  They would chalk it up to "Oh well, that's God's wrath on them."  

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez (see what I did there?????) sweetheart, there’s a difference between hoping she does well and praying for a miracle. Praying for a miracle is when all medical possibilities are exhausted. When I posted my comment, I had - gasp - actually checked and baby was doing well. So. Erm. It was no longer a “praying for a miracle” situation, WHICH IS WHY (good news hath such consequences) I said that it was no longer necessary to pray for a miracle. 

• Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 2
  • Downvote 10

1 hour ago, theologygeek said:

And another thing. If you had actually read the latest update, you see how dumb bitch Chelsy can’t be bothered to wear her facemask correctly in front of that defenseless baby. So that’s why the whole praying for a miracle is just fucking bullshit.

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 10
  • Eyeroll 1

6 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

Geeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeez (see what I did there?????) sweetheart, there’s a difference between hoping she does well and praying for a miracle. Praying for a miracle is when all medical possibilities are exhausted. When I posted my comment, I had - gasp - actually checked and baby was doing well. So. Erm. It was no longer a “praying for a miracle” situation, WHICH IS WHY (good news hath such consequences) I said that it was no longer necessary to pray for a miracle. 

The part I bolded...  No.  "miracle-an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs"  When Jesus turned water into wine, no "possibilities were exhausted."  None were even attempted.  No one was even sent out to get more wine.  Not only were the possibilities not even attempted, but they surely weren't exhausted.  In today's language-Mother-They ran out of wine.  Son-What do you want me to do?  Mother-Ask your father if you could make more.  Son-Okay mom...  I asked, he said yes.  The meaning of a miracle has gone over your head.  You put your own definition on it.  

• Upvote 9
  • Downvote 1

9 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Exactly this. The good and perfect godly kristshuns wouldn't spare a thought for someone else unless it was to pray for their conversion to their god. 

I am, and most here are, also more fully pro-life than the godly kristshuns as well.

When your morality comes from a set of rules tied to your religion, you don't have any natural reactions to anything. When your morality comes from within, you react to most everything. 

I am sad for what Madeline's life will be as a girl in an evangelical family with two sets of off their freaking rockers, insane grandparents and parents who will hold her hands down so she is too scared to touch anything, including a cake. But, and we've all said it, despite that I hope she pulls out of this and lives a healthy life. 

The hate, indifference, judgment & conditions of fundies has no affect on who I am as a human being. Grown adults making their own messes? Compassion is low, whether they're fundie or not. Pre-term babies who are struggling, and their parents - all the compassion I can muster, fundie or not. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

And another thing. If you had actually read the latest update, you see how dumb bitch Chelsy can’t be bothered to wear her facemask correctly in front of that defenseless baby. So that’s why the whole praying for a miracle is just fucking bullshit.

You should really quit while you're ahead, although you're not ahead at the moment.  Not sure if you're trolling or just made of stone, but this shouldn't have to even be explained.  A dumb move by the mother has nothing to do with praying for the baby to be okay.  

• Upvote 14
  • Downvote 1
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

The part I bolded...  No.  "miracle-an extraordinary event manifesting divine intervention in human affairs"  When Jesus turned water into wine, no "possibilities were exhausted."  None were even attempted.  No one was even sent out to get more wine.  Not only were the possibilities not even attempted, but they surely weren't exhausted.  In today's language-Mother-They ran out of wine.  Son-What do you want me to do?  Mother-Ask your father if you could make more.  Son-Okay mom...  I asked, he said yes.  The meaning of a miracle has gone over your head.  You put your own definition on it.  

That’s a little too much “this is what  happened so this is what you have to think” attitude, like the Nazi’s had. My interpretation of the word miracle is really not that far off the bat. 

6 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

You should really quit while you're ahead, although you're not ahead at the moment.  Not sure if you're trolling or just made of stone, but this shouldn't have to even be explained.  A dumb move by the mother has nothing to do with praying for the baby to be okay.  

Well, if you had looked at my post history, you would not be saying that. You on the other hand……

• Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 14

9 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Exactly this. The good and perfect godly kristshuns wouldn't spare a thought for someone else unless it was to pray for their conversion to their god. 

I am, and most here are, also more fully pro-life than the godly kristshuns as well.

When your morality comes from a set of rules tied to your religion, you don't have any natural reactions to anything. When your morality comes from within, you react to most everything. 

I am sad for what Madeline's life will be as a girl in an evangelical family with two sets of off their freaking rockers, insane grandparents and parents who will hold her hands down so she is too scared to touch anything, including a cake. But, and we've all said it, despite that I hope she pulls out of this and lives a healthy life. 

The hate, indifference, judgment & conditions of fundies has no affect on who I am as a human being. Grown adults making their own messes? Compassion is low, whether they're fundie or not. Pre-term babies who are struggling, and their parents - all the compassion I can muster, fundie or not. 

I agree with you.  Side note:  It's sad that they hold the kid's hands down.  Babies eating with their hands helps brain development.  And dropping food teaches cause and effect.  For people who claim to know about God's design, they missed the boat on this one.  Babies are supposed to do these things because it's making them smarter and helping their brain develop.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 5

17 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

You're being ignorant.

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

3 minutes ago, theologygeek said:

I agree with you.  Side note:  It's sad that they hold the kid's hands down.  Babies eating with their hands helps brain development.  And dropping food teaches cause and effect.  For people who claim to know about God's design, they missed the boat on this one.  Babies are supposed to do these things because it's making them smarter and helping their brain develop.  

This. Yes. Babies learn with their hands. Through touch. It's part of their communication. It's the very basic function of hands - fine motor skills. Hand eye coordination. It's how they explore & engage their world, which is how they learn.

But, a Bontrager baby isn't allowed to be a developing human being. And of all the things both the Bonts & Maxwells make me insane about, this is about the top of the mountain. 

2 minutes ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

You're being ignorant.

Excuse me? I am far from ignorant. I base my opinion on experience. Not the same as everyone else's but mine none the less. 

Ignorance is lacking in knowledge, not the holding of an opinion others don't share. Thanks. 

• Upvote 7

I'll clarify what I mean by ignorant.  You're mocking a massive group that makes up approximately 30% of the world's believers ("kristshuns") with whom you have "experience".  Would it be acceptable if we started making up rude names for all the world's faith groups?

You could, and should, have reduced your bitterness and sweeping generalizations to a reasonable level, i.e. "the good and perfect godly Maxwells wouldn't spare a thought for someone else unless it was to pray for their conversion to their god".      

• Upvote 4

3 hours ago, LilMissMetaphor said:

I'll clarify what I mean by ignorant.  You're mocking a massive group that makes up approximately 30% of the world's believers ("kristshuns") with whom you have "experience".  Would it be acceptable if we started making up rude names for all the world's faith groups?

You could, and should, have reduced your bitterness and sweeping generalizations to a reasonable level, i.e. "the good and perfect godly Maxwells wouldn't spare a thought for someone else unless it was to pray for their conversion to their god".      

She didn't mean all Christians.  Read her post again.  She put "the good and perfect" before it to differentiate them from the rest of the Christians.  Fake word for fake Christians.  I knew what she meant.  

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

:sign_trolls:

We're close to expending the carpet cleaning budget for the month.

:chores-vacuum::chores-vacuum::chores-vacuum:

• Upvote 5
  • Fuck You 1
  • Haha 21
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, theologygeek said:

Exactly! My cousin’s little grandson was born with a severe cleft palate and other health challenges. Post-surgery, his arms had to be splinted to protect his face and mouth. His mom, a certified special ed teacher, realized that this would result in certain developmental delays and worked with professional aides to make sure he would be able to catch up when he was recovered enough to have full mobility again.

• Upvote 4
  • Love 7

Saw that Madeline is doing well. While I am really happy she is I hope that John and Chelsy take a break from child bearing. The only child Chelsy has been able to safely deliver, so far, is Elliot. Axton she had to be rushed to the hospital and almost, according to Sarah in Axton's announcement, had to have a C-section. Now, she had Madeline at 30 weeks. I really do hope that John and Chelsy put off trying for baby number four until late 2022/early 2023 so her body can heal from having three kids in rapid succession and they, possibly, consult some medical professionals, as I assume, they are going to want to continue on having kids. However, I am concerned that if John and Chelsy continue on like they are Chelsy will, unintentionally, endanger her life and her unborn child. Honestly, I just really hope that John and Chelsy take a breather and focus on being thankful for the three children they have now. None of this is worth Chelsy's life and, possible, future medical issues both she and their future children could face.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 8

I just went over to the Maxwell's blog, it looks like John and Chelsy are renting an apartment near the hospital. It does make sense they would want to be close by as Madeline is expected to be there up until or past her due date. Plus, they may want to be near the hospital in case Madeline has some medical problems that require an overnight stay. I don't think they are going to be leaving that area until shortly after 2022 begins. From the way it sounds they live a good amount of time away from the hospital where Madeline would need care for a, possible, health condition until they learn how to help her and have some form of training to assist her until help arrives other than sit there and pray until the ambulance arrives. 

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Saw that Madeline is doing well. While I am really happy she is I hope that John and Chelsy take a break from child bearing. The only child Chelsy has been able to safely deliver, so far, is Elliot. Axton she had to be rushed to the hospital and almost, according to Sarah in Axton's announcement, had to have a C-section. Now, she had Madeline at 30 weeks. I really do hope that John and Chelsy put off trying for baby number four until late 2022/early 2023 so her body can heal from having three kids in rapid succession and they, possibly, consult some medical professionals, as I assume, they are going to want to continue on having kids. However, I am concerned that if John and Chelsy continue on like they are Chelsy will, unintentionally, endanger her life and her unborn child. Honestly, I just really hope that John and Chelsy take a breather and focus on being thankful for the three children they have now. None of this is worth Chelsy's life and, possible, future medical issues both she and their future children could face.

They’re leaving it up to Jesus. You know how horrified Chelsy was at the thought of John and his reversal siblings not being born through evil intervention, she actually wrote that. So  I’m absolutely sure we’ll get a pregnancy announcement this year. This is the woman who hasn’t taken the vaccine yet goes practically maskless to visit a preemie with lung issues. Really, do you really expect her to learn from this, bc then I’ll have whatever you’re smoking.

Baby is breathing on her own which - bc I’m suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a troll ? - is a hugely positive sign. Of course, I’ll go now and be all sad about the good news?

• Downvote 10

2 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

They’re leaving it up to Jesus. You know how horrified Chelsy was at the thought of John and his reversal siblings not being born through evil intervention, she actually wrote that. So  I’m absolutely sure we’ll get a pregnancy announcement this year. This is the woman who hasn’t taken the vaccine yet goes practically maskless to visit a preemie with lung issues. Really, do you really expect her to learn from this, bc then I’ll have whatever you’re smoking.

Baby is breathing on her own which - bc I’m suuuuuuuuuuuuuch a troll ? - is a hugely positive sign. Of course, I’ll go now and be all sad about the good news?

Wait?  We know that Chelsy isn't vaccinated?  And she has a high risk premie with respiratory issues.  <shudder>

I'm finding this thread difficult, yet I keep checking the Maxwell page hoping for good news.  I am thrilled that Madeline is doing well. I have prayed for this little girl I do not know, knowing full well that the Maxwells would judge and condemn much of my faith and life choices (not that I care).

Like (some?) here I had a NICU experience that did not have a particularly happy ending.  My child was diagnosed with profound disabilities and died 21 years later.  I am a person of faith. I would have liked a "miracle" and it didn't happen.  Nathan and Melanie would have liked a "miracle".  I would be curious to know the theological gymnastics that the Maxwells engage to sustain their faith the face of such a capricious God?

Edited by daisyjane1234
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 45

What are you referring to?

@daisyjane1234, I am so very sorry for your loss.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic