IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

nelliebelle1197

3 hours ago, ksuheather said:

The Maxwells don't mask in public. I ran into Steve and Terri at the grocery store this week and neither had masks on. 😕

I'm not surprised.  I think Terry and Steve are likely vaccinated, but I would guess that their adherence to covid prevention stopped there.   (So much for loving your neighbor).

And unlike others, I harbor no belief that the majority of siblings and spouses are vaccinated.   I just really have to hope that Anna Marie and her husband are vaccinated, and that John and Chelsy have been convinced as well.  I genuinely want Anna Marie and Maddy to be okay. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

I'm not surprised.  I think Terry and Steve are likely vaccinated, but I would guess that their adherence to covid prevention stopped there.   (So much for loving your neighbor).

And unlike others, I harbor no belief that the majority of siblings and spouses are vaccinated.   I just really have to hope that Anna Marie and her husband are vaccinated, and that John and Chelsy have been convinced as well.  I genuinely want Anna Marie and Maddy to be okay. 

I hope Gigi is vaccinated 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

• 2 months later...

Chelsy has posted an "update." I say update in quotes as nothing really was said. Basically they are home, they are fine, they are busy. Here are some pics. Now Madeline is really cute and she doesn't owe us any info...but I was kind of hoping for me. THe Maxwells aren't giving us anything these days. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 3

Chelsy even said in her update that she won’t be posting much because she’s too busy with the kids. She also mentions taking the baby to the fucking chiropractor. I can’t roll my eyes enough. Modern medicine saved her baby’s life yet she’s still going with the woo I’m sure. I bet she has ignored some of the doctor’s advice too now that MadMax is home. We know she lets all her unvaccinated relatives kiss all over her premie. I bet she will give that baby raw cow milk too. She gives it to the other kids so I bet she will give it to her. I wonder what Steve thinks of Chelsy’s woo bullshit. 

• Upvote 19

19 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy even said in her update that she won’t be posting much because she’s too busy with the kids. She also mentions taking the baby to the fucking chiropractor. I can’t roll my eyes enough. Modern medicine saved her baby’s life yet she’s still going with the woo I’m sure. I bet she has ignored some of the doctor’s advice too now that MadMax is home. We know she lets all her unvaccinated relatives kiss all over her premie. I bet she will give that baby raw cow milk too. She gives it to the other kids so I bet she will give it to her. I wonder what Steve thinks of Chelsy’s woo bullshit. 

Don’t knock the chiropractor until you’ve tried it. I thought seeing a chiropractor for a baby was nuts, until 2 of my children were born with severe tongue ties. The chiropractor in combination with our pediatric dentist was literally a lifesaver in helping our kiddos eat and grow properly….in contrast, “modern medicine” kept telling me not to worry - my kids would grow out of it….while my daughter withered away in front of us. 

Edited by Dee-Dee
  • Upvote 3
  • Downvote 7
  • Confused 1
  • Bless Your Heart 3
  • Eyeroll 6

I've seen two chiropractors and they were both woo practitioners.  One just wanted to sell me expensive supplements.  Modern medicine fixed my grandson's tongue tie in less than a minute with a laser surgical procedure.  No long drawn out process required.  We each find our own path, but generally I'll join the side-eyeing taking an infant to a chiropractor.  

• Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6

5 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

We each find our own path,

For me it was with my youngest child who is now nearly 30.  For the first six weeks of her life she cried uncontrollably in her mandated and approved car seat. After the first infant chiropractor visit she was calm and happy all the way home - a 40 minute drive. She had one or two more treatments and was generally a much happier baby.

Whatever works ... 

• Upvote 6

In Chelsy’s photo dump of Maddie, I counted 7 different head bows. And she showed off the nail polish. What’s funny is that once she gets to number 7 or 8, she won’t be painting baby nails or caring about a new head bow every day.

• Upvote 12

Based on my own personal experience, I think it's ridiculous to take an infant to a Chiropractor. 

Chelsy did a post about "I'm posting now to tell you don't bug me for posts in the future because I am too busy". 

Alrighty then. Glad your premature infant is, so far, developing (I assume, since you said so little) well. Keep making those babies girlie. 

• Upvote 5

15 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

I've seen two chiropractors and they were both woo practitioners.  One just wanted to sell me expensive supplements.  Modern medicine fixed my grandson's tongue tie in less than a minute with a laser surgical procedure.  No long drawn out process required.  We each find our own path, but generally I'll join the side-eyeing taking an infant to a chiropractor.  

I don't have any personal experience with chiropractors. I have a friend who swore by one when she had back issues from a car accident. The only problem I saw was that she had to go there very frequently for adjustments.  Nothing really lasted.  She was a nurse practitioner so I'm assuming she had seen traditional MDs about her condition as well. She passed away 11 years ago from cancer, and for that relied on traditional medicine.

My SIL's sister is a chiropractor who is married to another chiropractor.  Together they have a practice.  They're very nice but very natural in all ways.  They have not received the Covid vaccine, so there's that.  My SIL is not happy about that.  I never had any reason to take my baby to a chiropractor, but I'm also way, way older than Chelsey.  Maybe it's a thing with young mothers these days?  I've had the impression from other things I've read on FJ that in some Fundie families chiropractors take the place of regular docs?  

I prefer to avoid all medical professionals (I don't avoid them, but would like to.) and if I could have any wish in life it would be to never have to visit a doctor for any reason whatsoever.  I'm very uncomfortable with strangers in a medical setting, and the idea of a chiropractor gives me the creeps.  My sister wanted to give me the gift of a massage once, and I said NOOOOOO!   I'm also lucky and have enjoyed good health for most of my life.  That's what bothers me most about aging - Some medical issue is going to come along eventually.

• Upvote 5

I'm not surprised that Chelsea's post was basically "I'm not going to post much" and "just because I'm not posting doesn't mean anything's wrong".

She's got a baby and two toddlers, and the baby has special medical needs. I don't doubt she's tired.

I also wonder if the circumstances of Maddie's birth have irked a bit of Chelsea's smugness, which makes blogging far less fun than it was before.  (And I think she's genuinely a likable person.)  When she ran the Bont blog, there was a bit smugness on how hard they worked, and how accomplished they were.  And with her own family, the smugness of how she knew just a little bit more than doctors, with her amber baby bracelets and raw milk.  Then doctors and modern medicine saved her life and her baby's life- for the second time. And some of those doctors probably weren't even Christian!  She can take Maddie for as many adjustments as she wants, and wrap her in amber beads, but it was cold, hard, science that saved Maddie. The same science that says to get vaccinated.  The same science that proves that the Earth isn't 6,000 years old. 

I actually would not be surprised if she shuts down her blog in the next few months. I think three kids under 4 is an incredible amount of daily work, and I don't think that blogging is going to be the escape it probably was. Also, though we don't know how often the Maxwell sisters used to help, we know they aren't available at all now.  

Edited by MomJeans
typo
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 5

10 minutes ago, MomJeans said:

I'm not surprised that Chelsea's post was basically "I'm not going to post much" and "just because I'm not posting doesn't mean anything's wrong".

She's got a baby and two toddlers, and the baby has special medical needs. I don't doubt she's tired.

I also wonder if the circumstances of Maddie's birth have irked a bit of Chelsea's smugness, which makes blogging far less fun than it was before.  (And I think she's genuinely a likable person.)  When she ran the Bont blog, there was a bit smugness on how hard they worked, and how accomplished they were.  And with her own family, the smugness of how she knew just a little bit more than doctors, with her amber baby bracelets and raw milk.  Then doctors and modern medicine saved her life and her baby's life- for the second time. And some of those doctors probably weren't even Christian!  She can take Maddie for as many adjustments as she wants, and wrap her in amber beads, but it was cold, hard, science that saved Maddie. The same science that says to get vaccinated.  The same science that proves that the Earth isn't 6,000 years old. 

I actually would not be surprised if she shuts down her blog in the next few months. I think three kids under 4 is an incredible amount of daily work, and I don't think that blogging is going to be the escape it probably was. Also, though we don't know how often the Maxwell sisters used to help, we know they aren't available at all now.  

Her blogging went way down the minute she got engaged. Then it went down even more once she had kids. The only reason the posts increased after Maddie was born was because she was stuck in one place holding Maddie for hours with nothing else to do. Now that she’s home, she probably has no free time like that. I think Chelsy probably compartmentalizes a lot. Just like many fundies. I doubt she connects modern science that saved Maddie and evolution. She will keep believing vaccines are bad, woo is good, and hospitals will be there for her for emergency situations only. 

• Upvote 20

I would say there's a decent amount of information in that post, actually. Madeline is doing well, but still has doctor's appointments and medical needs; not surprising for a preemie. The boys are doing well. Chelsy is not trying to pretend life is easy with three under two. She might eventually post a birth story.

I did roll my eyes when she said that they don't know why Madeline came early. Perhaps, just perhaps, because Chelsy's had three babies back-to-back-to-back? It's not something that can be diagnosed for certain, but it can contribute to early births. I speculate that they're getting some pointed medical advice about spacing out her pregnancies more, and they are finding that specific advice hard to swallow.

(Duggar Data has Chelsy and John up there with Courtney Rogers as the fastest reproducers in DD's selection of quiverful fundies.)

• Upvote 11
  • Bless Your Heart 1

3 hours ago, MomJeans said:

I hope she doesn't because I want her to inadvertently blab stuff about Mary and Anna's madcap college life. : ) 

Notice that she said they got "Professional baby pictures!"-- no mention of them being taken by a family member.

• Upvote 8

28 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

I hope she doesn't because I want her to inadvertently blab stuff about Mary and Anna's madcap college life. : ) 

Notice that she said they got "Professional baby pictures!"-- no mention of them being taken by a family member.

I feel like we are getting more info from the college than any Chelsy ever spilled.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 2

I think Maddie got lucky that she didn’t have to endure newborn pictures taken by Sarah. Whenever Sarah did newborn pictures the babies were wrapped up in cheesecloth and looked like really big, bandaged toes.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 2

3 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I think Maddie got lucky that she didn’t have to endure newborn pictures taken by Sarah. Whenever Sarah did newborn pictures the babies were wrapped up in cheesecloth and looked like really big, bandaged toes.

That’s a very common practice these days. I wouldn’t be surprised if their outside photographer did this too. 

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1

On 11/14/2021 at 5:01 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

I did roll my eyes when she said that they don't know why Madeline came early.

Covid is known to increase risk of preterm birth. The Bontragers are Trumpers and almost certainly buy into covid conspiracy theories and likely don't wear masks or vaccinate. I would not be surprised to learn that Chelsy had Covid and had a pre term birth as a consequence. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3

• 2 weeks later...

Looks like Chelsy and family went to a show in Branson. I like that Chelsy told about how great the show was without any mention of "it's so God-honoring" or anything like that. Just seems almost normal, haha!

• Upvote 5

I don't like that Chelsy took her whole family including her baby who isn't a year old on a vacation. This would be bad, because germs in general. During a pandemic, it's really stupid. None of those kids are old enough to be vaccinated. Stay home!

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

It was interesting to see Sarah in the photos in comfy jeans and a sweater. She looked more relaxed than she ever did in Maxwell shots. I think it's irresponsible to take kids to shows but they think God will protect them. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't like that Chelsy took her whole family including her baby who isn't a year old on a vacation. This would be bad, because germs in general. During a pandemic, it's really stupid. None of those kids are old enough to be vaccinated. Stay home!

Yeah she’s a covidiot. It’s like she’s trying to get her premature NICU baby sick. It’s cold and flu season, covid, and RSV is terrible good premies. If that baby ends up in the ER this winter with a communicable illness, I won’t be the least bit surprised. 

• Upvote 3
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 5

On 11/14/2021 at 5:01 PM, Jigsaw3 said:

I did roll my eyes when she said that they don't know why Madeline came early. Perhaps, just perhaps, because Chelsy's had three babies back-to-back-to-back? It's not something that can be diagnosed for certain, but it can contribute to early births. I speculate that they're getting some pointed medical advice about spacing out her pregnancies more, and they are finding that specific advice hard to swallow.

It can contribute true, but it's hardly the only reason. If that was true, then way more babies would end up premature and in the NICU.  Someone I know in real life had kids with the same spacing as Chelsy's kids, except the second and third were one month closer together. She didn't have any premature births.

We know a lot of fundies who have kids just closely spaced if not closer. It doesn't cause the same results. There are more factors in what happened than just close spacing. 

• Upvote 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic