IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

nelliebelle1197

Chelsy barely had time to recover from Elliot and she is expecting another one!

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Thank You 3

• Coconut Flan changed the title to John and Chelsy 9: Baby Makes Four

Doesn't the baby make 5? Or is Elliot the baby that made 4.

It is hard to keep up with her pace so far. She's the first of the Bontragers to announce #3, correct?

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

10 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

Doesn't the baby make 5? Or is Elliot the baby that made 4.

It is hard to keep up with her pace so far. She's the first of the Bontragers to announce #3, correct?

I think she is. But baby could make four if John is included as one of the kids ?

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 1

They have two kids and one on the way. The new baby hasn't been born yet, so the title is misleading. 

7 hours ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I think she is. But baby could make four if John is included as one of the kids ?

John is not one of her kids! He seems like a responsible husband and father to me. 

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

On 5/31/2021 at 4:35 PM, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They have two kids and one on the way. The new baby hasn't been born yet, so the title is misleading. 

John is not one of her kids! He seems like a responsible husband and father to me. 

That is not the title I had- I had baby makes three as in three kids. I have no idea why it was changed but I am changing it back.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to John and Chelsy 9: Baby Makes Three (kids in four years!)
  • 3 weeks later...

I am 99.9 percent sure chelsy will home school but I wonder if they will do co op with their kids. Chelsy seems like she would thrive as a home school co op mom. Plus I think John is just enough of a rebel to allow it. Any thoughts?

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Lgirlrocks said:

I am 99.9 percent sure chelsy will home school but I wonder if they will do co op with their kids. Chelsy seems like she would thrive as a home school co op mom. Plus I think John is just enough of a rebel to allow it. Any thoughts?

Chelsy enjoys the company of others so that could be an incentive to join a co-op.  However that the other mothers may not be fundie enough. 

• Upvote 7

• 3 weeks later...

Chelsy had the baby 10 weeks early - Madeline Sue Maxwell. Not sure how preemies work but hoping all is well - baby looks decently big in the photo she posted? (by big I mean less fragile than most preemies I'm familiar with but I know they come in all shapes and sizes and health issues are not to be discounted)

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 8

They said the doctors don’t know why she decided to come early. Can back to back to back pregnancies be a reason? I’m genuinely asking because I know nothing if this topic.

• Upvote 12

The baby looks very good! I’m not a premmie mum but have spent a lot of time in the nicu with a family member and their premmie. Plus lots of middle of the night anxiety googling. Madeline is a good size for her gestational age, and she is a really good colour as well. Chelsy is already doing kangaroo care, which is an excellent sign. She will likely be in the nicu until around her due date. 

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

I can’t imagine giving birth to 3 singletons in a span of 2.5 years. 

So I looked it up and getting pregnant within 6 months after giving birth can raise your chances for premature birth. The general recommendation is waiting 18 months after giving birth. But quiverful fundies would never follow that advice. 

• Upvote 24
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

55 minutes ago, fundieundies said:

Chelsy had the baby 10 weeks early - Madeline Sue Maxwell. Not sure how preemies work but hoping all is well - baby looks decently big in the photo she posted? (by big I mean less fragile than most preemies I'm familiar with but I know they come in all shapes and sizes and health issues are not to be discounted)

I hope all the best for Madeline. Things can turn on a dime in the NICU and I do want her to be okay.

I also hope two other things:

• I hope John and Chelsy take an honest look at their baby-making plans. It's pretty clear she wanted to follow in her mom's footsteps and birth a dozen or more, but her stats as of right now are not good - Axton's birth was complicated and required a hospital transfer, and now Madeline is on the scene ten weeks early. Not saying they should close up the baby shop but maybe some more spacing between would be helpful. (There was only supposed to be 15 months between Elliot and #3 - that's not enough for some people's bodies to recover.)
  • I hope absolutely no shade is thrown on them by the fathership, insinuating that this happened because God is judging them for Chelsy wearing pants or wearing makeup or traveling without John to see her family or whatever. 
  • Upvote 25
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

I hope that everything goes well for the baby.  

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2

2 hours ago, fundieundies said:

My daughter was born at 26 weeks and was 1 pound 8 ounces. She is 10 and totally fine! But we are lucky. 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 20

• nelliebelle1197 changed the title to John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

I changed the snarky title since we are dealing with a medical issue now for the little girl. I hope Melanie is not having awful flashbacks this week.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

4 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I hope Melanie is not having awful flashbacks this week.

I was wondering if John is having a harder time with this, too, for the same reason. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

The baby appears to be on CPAP ventilation, which would not be uncommon for a 30 week gestation neonate. Wishing them healthy thoughts and a smooth Nicu ride.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

I see that @SassyPants has answered the question about ventilation support.  Size is usually a good thing and being a girl is even better as little girls are healthier.  

@Lgirlrocks, John and Chelsy would have no choice about the masks and gowns as that would have been hospital protocol.  I don't think we were required to mask up when we visited Katherine back in '87 but we did have to gown up and wash our hands.  I recall telling a preacher that he still needed to wash his hands even though he'd just come from church on Sunday afternoon when I went to see Katherine.  

• Upvote 14

1 minute ago, PennySycamore said:

I see that @SassyPants has answered the question about ventilation support.  Size is usually a good thing and being a girl is even better as little girls are healthier.  

@Lgirlrocks, John and Chelsy would have no choice about the masks and gowns as that would have been hospital protocol.  I don't think we were required to mask up when we visited Katherine back in '87 but we did have to gown up and wash our hands.  I recall telling a preacher that he still needed to wash his hands even though he'd just come from church on Sunday afternoon when I went to see Katherine.  

Zach and Whitney bateses didn’t wear masks when Jayden was in the nicu. 

• Upvote 7
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 1
  • Eyeroll 2
  • WTF 2

3 minutes ago, Lgirlrocks said:

Zach and Whitney bateses didn’t wear masks when Jayden was in the nicu. 

Because they are idiots. Maxwells at least believe in medical science. 

• Upvote 20
  • Love 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic