IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

nelliebelle1197

5 minutes ago, BigSandy said:

Just FYI, Chelsy posted a tribute to her grandma on her blog. I thought it was really sweet but one thing that was sad was that Chelsy said she was really an introvert, but basically as a Bontrager she has to be a people person.

Was she referring to herself or Grandma as an introvert?

But yes, I agree, it’s sad to make a person behave like an extrovert if they’re not (or vice versa). 
But, that seems to be such a thing with fundie families. You have to get up and sing with the family, you have to give your testimony, you have to try evangelize complete strangers. 

I’m a senior citizen and I’ve just in the last few years become more comfortable making small talk, and coming out of myself a little. I still hate speaking to a group. I wouldn’t last a day in a fundie family. 
Some of them actually consider shyness a sin. 🤮 Can you imagine being told you’re sinful because of a simple personality trait?

• Upvote 7
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

Ah Sorry I wasn't very clear in how I worded that! Chelsy was referring to herself. 

And no, I would not last in a fundie family either! I'm an introvert and that whole fundie-bus-touring lifestyle would be torture!!

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 6

I just realized, regarding the fundie and introvert/extrovert thing, I’ll bet that’s why Sarah became the official photographer and keeper of the blog. 
She’s probably an introvert and this was the only way she could get out of performing at those dog and pony shows. 

I think she mentioned she preferred being behind the scenes. 

• Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic