IGNORED

John and Chelsy 9: Title Update: Baby Madeline Is Here 10 Weeks Early

nelliebelle1197

15 hours ago, usmcmom said:

From Chelsy’s blog post on July 15: We need a miracle and we are asking you to join us in praying and believing for one! God is the Great Physician and we know that He can heal our baby! 

I can’t remember specific wording from the social media of the family members but they all, on that day, seemed very concerned. It seemed to me that Madeline was in deeper respiratory distress than she had been and they knew her condition had worsened.  Having suffered respiratory distress last winter, I can’t imagine the toll it is taking on Madeline’s tiny body. 

Yes and a day later, July 16, there was an update on the blog that she was doing well, so that’s why I said that it was no longer so bad that they had to pray for a miracle. Jeessh.

• Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 6
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 6
  • WTF 1

On 7/16/2021 at 3:56 PM, FrumperedCat said:

Teri's also posted a brief update on the blog about the situation with a prayer request. She didn't sound emotional about it it all, just very factual about what's happened. Her post also has a recent photo. Looks like Madeline is also maybe receiving some light treatment? Or is that standard?

I can’t believe I am going to do this but I am going to defend Teri here. When I have had to deal with family emergencies or crisis, I have gotten very factual about what is going on. I relay the information in an unemotional, factual manner. It is a coping mechanism and it’s how I stopped myself from falling apart. Probably not the healthiest method but it is what comes naturally to me. The emotions are dealt with/felt after. I am guessing Teri does the same thing.

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 10

4 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

Yes and a day later, July 16, there was an update on the blog that she was doing well, so that’s why I said that it was no longer so bad that they had to pray for a miracle. Jeessh.

Honestly, it’s still insensitive. I’ve been fortunate enough to not have babies in the NICU, but from watching friends, it is a roller coaster. Babies will do better for a few days and then often regress. It’s a very hard journey for the babies and the parents. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 4

7 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

I wasn't aware compassion has a limit. Have it for a minute, then things are different, and poof, it's gone. Because a preemie in NICU is not a big deal unless they are having a 2nd tube placed and once that tube is in and working, well baby is out of the woods and what are you all making a fuss about? 

They didn't say it was no longer "so bad". They said the tube seemed to be working. And Chelsea included the caveat that the first tube seemed to work at first as well so they were being cautious. But sure, no big deal; not so bad. Get over it. 

Thank Zeus there is no one like you in my family to discount my fears because whatever I'm fearing is no big deal and not that bad. 

• Upvote 16
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

I’m not in the habit of getting into fights with internet strangers, but you’re extra special.

Either you’re a troll, based on your posts here and in the 21 kids by 23 threads, or you’re a special kind of clueless. Or you could be totally lacking in empathy, or all of the above. I’m blocking you and recommend the other FJers to do the same.

• Upvote 16
  • Fuck You 1
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 3

I really hope that Chelsy and her family know that no matter what happens, it is *not* because they didn’t pray hard or long enough.

I have pretty bad fibromyalgia/chronic pain. There is a school of thought, embraced by many medical professionals, that you just need to ‘decide’ to not be in pain, take charge of your pain, tell it to eff off, and then you will be able to conquer anything. This is of course total BS. A positive attitude has nothing to do with whether you are in pain or not. Pain just IS, sometimes. Disability just IS. Madeline being born 10 weeks early just happened, it just IS, and if praying makes the Maxwells feel better themselves they should do it of course but I really don’t think it will be prayer that determines her outcome, it will be sheer chance and wonderful science.

It does strike me as a bit ironic, though, that probably the majority of nurses who tend Madeline day to day will be women, and many of the doctors, therapists, etc, who help her to grow and thrive will be women also. Yet Steve will still see nothing wrong with having trapped his own daughters at home all their lives, denying them the chance to even dream of a medical career, or any career at all, much less pursue one. Maybe they would of been doctors, but they could have been something. They could have been mothers, at least.

• Upvote 29
  • Love 12

25 minutes ago, AuntCloud said:

I’m not in the habit of getting into fights with internet strangers, but you’re extra special.

Either you’re a troll, based on your posts here and in the 21 kids by 23 threads, or you’re a special kind of clueless. Or you could be totally lacking in empathy, or all of the above. I’m blocking you and recommend the other FJers to do the same.

Based on the past posting history, my vote is troll. Your advice is good.

• Upvote 15
  • Fuck You 1
  • I Agree 3

11 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

Yeah, I would just ignore the trolling behavior. They just want attention. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Green bean satan said:

In your post, to which I was replying, you wrote that you did not see anything about praying for a miracle. I was pointing out that they had actually used that term. 

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 3

1 hour ago, AuntCloud said:

As soon as I made my last reply I put him/her/it on mute. I didn't notice the newness, thus troll likelihood, at first. As soon as I did, I was out. I'm not opposed to arguing with someone who behaves abhorrently online. But, I am opposed to engaging people who do so merely for the sake of attention. 

• Upvote 12

1 hour ago, anachronistic said:

I have pretty bad fibromyalgia/chronic pain. There is a school of thought, embraced by many medical professionals, that you just need to ‘decide’ to not be in pain, take charge of your pain, tell it to eff off, and then you will be able to conquer anything. This is of course total BS. A positive attitude has nothing to do with whether you are in pain or not. Pain just IS, sometimes. Disability just IS.

I got told by a doctor that the only reason I said I was in pain is because then I could get attention. Ok, why don't you come here and watch me cry from the pain when I empty the cats' litter box. Or getting clothes out of the washer. Or unloading the dishwasher. Or making my bed. Try living thru the "silent migraines"...not much pain but LOTS of double vision, nausea, dizziness and mental confusion. Those are because the nerves in my neck are fkd up. 

I hate doctors...

• Upvote 6
  • Love 16

I have lupus, sjogrens and other mixed connective tissue disorders. When I went to change rheumatologists, one practice wanted me to fill out extensive paperwork and then stated they would NOT take fibro patients. I mean, WTF?  Like their pain doesn’t hurt as much as mine?  I passed by them pretty quickly. 

• Confused 1
  • Sad 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Love 1

Baby Madeline update. I didn't read the whole thing yet - just saw the pictures; mom & baby are doing kangaroo care. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 13

18 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Baby Madeline update. I didn't read the whole thing yet - just saw the pictures; mom & baby are doing kangaroo care. 

I want to add that it's on Chelsy's blog. The Maxwells will probably repost the updates soon. Sometimes I get confused because both the Maxwells and Chelsy are posting updates.

• Upvote 4

30 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

I have lupus, sjogrens and other mixed connective tissue disorders. When I went to change rheumatologists, one practice wanted me to fill out extensive paperwork and then stated they would NOT take fibro patients. I mean, WTF?  Like their pain doesn’t hurt as much as mine?  I passed by them pretty quickly. 

We're part of the same tea party.  The eyeroll was for the medical practice.  They must have been of the fibro isn't a real disease/disorder sort.  My cardiologist isn't sure it's real, but he's good in why I see him and it's only ever come up once so I can ignore that.  

• Upvote 11

Seems like they've been able to pull a lot of the tubes and lines so the baby must be doing well.

Incidental note: here is one thing that never ceases to amaze me about "kangaroo care": how the body of the person holding the baby responds eg if the child is cold the person holding them will raise their body temp in response..  There is an evolutionary benefit to this physiologic response so it makes sense,  but science geek me still finds it very cool.

• Upvote 28
  • I Agree 4

According to the post they took both chest tubes out and she is doing better. The baby is described as a fighter and she keeps messing with her cords. Chelsy thinks she will have her hands full. I can’t help but think about Axton not being allowed to play with his food so he didn’t get messy with his 1st birthday smash cake. I really hope Chelsy and John have a change of heart with how strict they are with their children but j kind of doubt it. She was raised by a very strict mother who won’t even let a 2 year old feel shy and it’s all she seems to know. 

• Upvote 24
  • Sad 3
  • I Agree 4

I hope the crisis is indeed past and she continues to improve with no more major issues.  May they respect her personality and enjoy it.  I'm not holding my breath.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 8

15 hours ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

A different opinion emerges in the hive….let’s ignore the actual words she posts, and declare trollish…..

16 hours ago, AuntCloud said:

Huh, I said the baby was a good weight and hoped she would make it, but yeah, total troll….

• Fuck You 3
  • Downvote 10

When my second daughter was born early it really freaked me out, even though we only spent 5 days in the hospital, no NICU and other than being really small, red and skinny she was perfectly fine. Because everyone I knew who had premature babies...they just kept getting earlier. I’d always wanted 4, but that plus a husband who was unreliable I decided to pull the plug on anymore kids. 

I finally left the husband and had a pregnancy scare as I’m a dumbass who literally just sort of forgot that’s a thing (husband had a snip). And though I’m 47 and it’s exceptionally unlikely it super freaked me out as the health issues would only be way worse now at my age. 

Im so glad Madeline is recovering, and wish her the very best. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

I can already tell that I’m going to LOVE posting updates like the one I have today!! There will most likely be many ups and downs ahead of us, but we are choosing to rejoice in the victories and “wins” of the moment, and this wkend has held a lot of those! ❤️

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

am glad to read that Chelsey at least is aware and expects that there will be ups and down.  They believe in the power of prayer AND medical science.  Fingers crossed Madeline will not have that many more medical crises to battle.

Someone mentioned above about the unemotional tone Teri has in her post...When has Teri been overly emotional? @Eclipse I am the same way you explained.  I am often a news sharer as I can keep calm and unaffected during moments of crises and focus on the situation...I am sure some must think I am cold but most just know this is my personality and defer to me.. even if I would not want to do it..

Recently I found myself in the ER with one of my oldest friends..her older brother and parents ( and another mutual friend).. She had called me when her son was nearly killed in a car accident.  I met them at the ER.. It was BAD.. multiple times Nurses and Dr said if he was much older he would not have made it.. youth on his side, health on his side... While medical professionals sat with us and gave the run down of injuries.. from the head down... They all cried and tried to absorb it.. I sat there and took the notes.. I asked the questions, I asked for info that they had not asked about before I arrived, clarified other things..I think the Dr was a mix of impressed and annoyed at my inquiries (LOL )but in the end the benefit was not bothering the staff for reminders of info we already had.  Who can remember such stuff in a moment of crisis?  

• Upvote 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 5

34 minutes ago, NoseyNellie said:

Who can remember such stuff in a moment of crisis?  

No one.

You did a really good thing to come and take notes, ask questions your friend might have been too distraught to ask etc.  I worked at one breast cancer diagnostic clinic where the premise was - come in and expect to spend the entire day but by the end you'd get a diagnosis. We'd advise  patients that if at all possible, to bring in someone who could do just as you did because no thinks clearly in these awful moments. It's a huge benefit to have a friend who can take a step back and get the big picture.

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 9

God answered their prayers. Chelsy lowered her mask in the NICU to thank him. ? 

image.thumb.png.fca73e0f7eb57a8e18aa701b6ccabc3a.png

Edited by ClareDeLune
  • Upvote 17

Outside of Chelsy’s nose being on full view, that’s a sweet picture. So good to see Madeline’s eyes open and fewer tubes. I may disagree with them on, well, everything, but I wish only the best for her.

Chelsy’s update described Madeline as “spunky.” One can only hope that adjective continues to apply, and that they don’t beat the spunk out of her early on. 

• Upvote 20

Chelsy you idiot!  Exposing Madeline to COVID germs like that when she's had trouble breathing.

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan locked this topic