IGNORED

Maxwell 48: The Maxwellhood of the Traveling Vest

Coconut Flan

13 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

*A Currency Of Karens. Similar to “a murder of crows.”  I made the Karen one up. Like it? 

I love it and I'm stealing it. Best I'd been able to come up with was an HOA of Karens.

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Haha 14

1 hour ago, Palimpsest said:

Yes!  Many thanks.  Anna's birthday post is such a classic, and not in a good way.

"Dad asked the waitress how we could pray for her, and she was surprised by such a request and paused. She asked us to pray for “strength,” and upon inquiring what that exactly meant, she said she was a single mom and needed “strength.” We definitely prayed for that and for her salvation! "

I think the waitress said. "God give me strength!" when confronted with the Maxwell family.

Yes, all single moms must need salvation, in the gospel according to the Maxwells.  They did at least get one critical comment that must have burned Steve enough to respond. .

Yup, my first thought upon reading that back in the day was "Strength not to bop you over the head with a menu right now".

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 10

That birthday post "with a twist" (anyone catch the twist? What happened?) should be laminated as a way to tell anyone who asks WTF is wrong with the Maxwells? 

Here's what I get from that. 100% incapable of a narrative that actually tells a story. They spend far too much time on irrelevant random shit and never actually get to a story of any kind. They stunted the thoughts and lives of their children (note how all the children still at home went to bible time with daddy Steve) even though all but one is over the age of 18 at the time. Their idea of busy is literal crap. Absurd. They are filling the time of their female children with empty ways to watch the minutes tick by. 

I declare that birthday post the epitome of Steve Maxwell and the cult he sired since he couldn't find anymore depressed humans to just follow him. 

• Upvote 11

4 hours ago, anachronistic said:

Um, yeah, I believe that doing this might fall under ‘touching the poop’ and it just sounds like a really creepy, stalkerish thing to do. We know Steve reads here and comments like this probably make them more secretive, not less. It’s one thing to go to public conferences, public church services, or to legitimately randomly happen upon a family in the course of your own daily activities, but secretly observing a family group at a restaurant when they are just doing their own thing seems wrong to me.

You may have been joking here, in which case, I apologize. I just don’t want to give these families, who already think the Big Bad Blue Biden is spying on them, reason to hate their critics / liberals in general even more.

Thank you for doing this so I did not have to do it. Appreciate you!

2 hours ago, Palimpsest said:

This might be one of those FJ speculations about the Maxwells that mysteriously turned into "fact" over the years.  Memory fails as to whether the Maxwells have actually stiffed servers by leaving a tract instead of a tip, but they certainly leave plenty of tracts for servers. 

But, of course, they really like to go above and beyond by asking how they can pray for the server too.  That one is indelibly engraved on my memory, as is Steve's very unusual self-justifying response to a reader's negative comment.

Here you go:  https://blog.titus2.com/2010/11/30/to-care-or-not-to-care/

The comments are worth reading too.

The link Steve gives there to the original post is broken.  Perhaps they wiped it along with the wedding that didn't happen posts as too embarrassing.  It was quite exceptionally bad even by Maxwell standards.  Someone clever with the Wayback machine may be able to unearth it, however.

You are back! I miss you and I love you!

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

I love it and I'm stealing it. Best I'd been able to come up with was an HOA of Karens.

I ❤️ that too! 

• Upvote 4

That birthday post was written in 2010 and at that time they were training Anna to take over Sarah's duties as they hoped the Lord would bring Sarah the right guy.

Here we are 11 years later and nothing has changed for the sisters. 

ETA: I know I'm stating the obvious, but it just hits you like a ton of bricks when you see an old post like that.

Edited by kpmom
Adding
  • Upvote 18
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

With regard to how the Maxwells view waitstaff and if they truly understand how hard the job is....I have mixed feelings on it, largely because they never actually sent any Max kids out to work. They will argue that the children were encouraged to start their own business at a young age and had a lengthy list of chores - but they never actually sent them out to earn their own salary.

My first job was a paper route at 13 - I think this was a couple of hours 4 days a week in the morning. My first real job was at the grocery store from 16. 10 hour shifts, stacking shelves, cleaning and operating the cash register. Dull as hell at times, hard work. The daughters have never done a ten hour shift. Those “busy life” posts demonstrate about 3 hours of paid work a day. And for Mary those 3 hours included time on a drawing course she was doing. The rest was babysitting, chores, bible, baking, family time. 

So no, I don’t actually think they appreciate those kind of jobs to be honest, certainly not the “kids”. They have no idea. Mowing the lawn for neighbours or other jobs that I think the boys did were not carried out in 10 plus hour shifts with minimal breaks and ultimately were done around the Maxwells own timetable. A kid at the grocery store or a server can’t just say to their boss “the family and I are going on the road for a few weeks, plus we have some conferences to sing at, I need a few weeks off. My job will still be open when I return right?”. That’s where the Maxwell offspring have no clue.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

The Maxwell daughters know nothing about the outside world. Steve has made them fear anything that isn’t what he approves. They can’t even get jobs because of their fear of the world. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Since Steve believes in cost sharing, I just wanted to say that John Oliver did a piece last night on cost sharing ministries. He mentioned Scameritan more than once. He pointed out all the problems that we’ve pointed out on FJ for years. I’m glad that he is going to make people more aware of all the religious scammers in the medical cost sharing scheme.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 4

On 6/26/2021 at 10:36 PM, Lgirlrocks said:

I wonder if anyone ordered a Pepsi. 

I am happy to inform you that it looks like Olive Garden is a Coke-products chain, so the ladies were free from temptation:

image.thumb.png.f2475b21d794740fcf335056f374e07f.png

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3
  • Love 2

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Since Steve believes in cost sharing, I just wanted to say that John Oliver did a piece last night on cost sharing ministries. He mentioned Scameritan more than once. He pointed out all the problems that we’ve pointed out on FJ for years. I’m glad that he is going to make people more aware of all the religious scammers in the medical cost sharing scheme.

So if I recall Scameritan doesn't cover costs for people who are overweight, smoke, and other things as this is them choosing to negatively impact their health. Do you think they should also not cover those who choose not to get a Covid Vaccine? That would make sense to me...

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

9 minutes ago, ElizaB said:

So if I recall Scameritan doesn't cover costs for people who are overweight, smoke, and other things as this is them choosing to negatively impact their health. Do you think they should also not cover those who choose not to get a Covid Vaccine? That would make sense to me...

I mean, I wish we had universal health care so I wish cost sharing ministries didn’t exist at all. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 7

John Oliver also set up his own Cost Sharing Ministry with Rachel Dratch playing his big haired southern Belle preachers wife. Her hair isn’t even as big as Gwen Shamblin’s though. 

F95A3AB1-72AD-40D1-83B0-40F922E5E164.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 12

Ugh, really Anna Marie? What kind of fucked-up god do you worship who decides on a whim, "Hey, I'm kinda bored today so I'm gonna give a deadly disease to this young mom who loves me with all her heart and let's see what happens. Pass me a beer."

I can't imagine what it's like to be brought up in a culture to believe you come out of the womb as an imperfect sinner and no matter what you do, you'll never be good enough for that "loving" god of yours. 

Edited by sparkles
  • Upvote 9
  • Sad 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

48 minutes ago, sparkles said:

Ugh, really Anna Marie? What kind of fucked-up god do you worship who decides on a whim, "Hey, I'm kinda bored today so I'm gonna give a deadly disease to this young mom who loves me with all her heart and let's see what happens. Pass me a beer."

I can't imagine what it's like to be brought up in a culture to believe you come out of the womb as an imperfect sinner and no matter what you do, you'll never be good enough for that "loving" god of yours. 

I will never understand it. God decided to give her cancer and then decided to cure her. But he didn’t want to cure the children who die from cancer each day. It makes no sense. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7
  • Thank You 1

As glad as I am that NR-Anna’s health status seems to be good, I can’t help wondering whether her “natural” therapy (consisting largely of megadoses of Vitamin C) is a truly effective one or just some “woo” geared toward folks who don’t trust normal Western medicine.

Edited by nelliebelle1197
Fixed quote box
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Yeah, Anna just plummeted back to the bottom of the heap. 

Her god is her great doctor, although she acknowledges that doctors helped or some absurd mental gymnastics to limit their success & give it all to her god. Great. 

I, however, am really f*cking pissed that her god chose to heal HER and not the infant daughter of Ashley Cain. What did that baby ever do to anyone, ever, to be less important than Anna Maxwell? Why did some god save Anna Maxwell and not an innocent baby? 

I never head of Ashley Cain until his daughter's decline started hitting mainstream news. But, not knowing who he is doesn't in any way negate the fact that some god is a giant douche for curing a Maxwell and letting a baby die. 

Why doesn't her god allow innocent children to enjoy the same health as good kristshun breeders like Anna Maxwell? And does she sincerely believe that children - infants - who die have done so because her god chose not to allow them good health? For his/her own needs? 

Sick people. Sick, mother effing people. I hope her "natural" oncologist has the same "in" with her god that she seems to think she has. Otherwise, she's screwed. Aint no god gonna' save you from cancer honey, not if your "natural" oncologist isn't on the same special plane you're on. 

I know nothing - never heard of vitamin c drips before. But, isn't that putting a shit ton of stress on your kidneys? You know, the organs tasked with the actual detoxing of your system? Seems like woo to me. And unnecessary woo. 

Edited by fundiefan
  • Upvote 11
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I will never understand it. God decided to give her cancer and then decided to cure her. But he didn’t want to cure the children who die from cancer each day. It makes no sense. 

He might have cured them too, if they'd had enough people praying on their behalf. Cures go only to the highest bidders.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 2

I am not bothered by NR Anna’s post. These people attribute everything that happens to god’s will so of course this wouldn’t be different. I have, at different times in my life, wished that I was religious so I could think that all was always happening for the good. The more accurate truth, in my non religious mind, is that good and bad things happen to good and bad people every day, for no discernible reason. I actually find some comfort in the madness of it. 

My MIL got cancer and when they gave her the plan for surgery and chemo, she saw this diet containing food she’d never had in her life so that the chemo would work correctly and she just didn’t want to do it. She had surgery, and has gone to Germany several times for treatment that uses fever pushes, diet, all sorts of stuff. I don’t always understand all of it and it’s completely her decision. I think that, knowing what we know of Anna, it’s not surprising that she has selected a mixture of standard and naturopath treatment. 

• Upvote 14

Vitamin C Drip?  Sorry but reading that gave me flashbacks to when my mom was alive, in memory care due to Dementia and an extended family member (of the anti-vaxxer spectrum of not jobs) told me to be sure that she was getting Vitamin C IVs.  (and that may have been at the end when my mother had gotten pneumonia)

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1

Someone asked her about the special diet. I imagine it's plant based or organic or something of the sort?

I'm sure Teri will reply with "We'll do a blog post about that".

• Upvote 9

4 hours ago, sparkles said:

See, that a belief system like that would be REALLY easy for me to ignore. I mean if you’re screwed no matter what you do or how hard you try, why bother? 

• Upvote 4

I think they’re also of the type who think that being saved on your death bed is better than dying unsaved. So technically, you could live a “normal” (aka non-Maxwellian) life, but if you’re dying and decide to accept Jesus as your saviour then you’re still going to Heaven. Which is always a little odd to me. Why bother with the Maxwellian lifestyle of being tied to a schedule and avoiding all fun, if you can just be saved on your deathbed?

• Upvote 8

18 minutes ago, mango_fandango said:

I think they’re also of the type who think that being saved on your death bed is better than dying unsaved. So technically, you could live a “normal” (aka non-Maxwellian) life, but if you’re dying and decide to accept Jesus as your saviour then you’re still going to Heaven. Which is always a little odd to me. Why bother with the Maxwellian lifestyle of being tied to a schedule and avoiding all fun, if you can just be saved on your deathbed?

Like a Catholic living a heathen life but getting last rites and saying an act of contrition on the deathbed allows them to be saved.

• Upvote 4

• Coconut Flan locked this topic