IGNORED

Unmarried Fundies 10: Before Happily Ever After

Bethella

6 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

I hope she had a discussion with him regarding his older adoptive brother and his parents. I hope they discussed how it would be handled if anything were to happen to their children and how it would be dealt with. How will Wally parent future daughters? What does he believe regarding abhorrent human behavior and punishment here on earth? Does he believe people should pay the price for the crimes they commit or leave to some god in the afterlife to deal with?

I am not being snarky at all. There are some really, really twisted beliefs in the Smith family and I would think very real and specific conversations would be needed in order to determine a future marriage to someone within that environment. 

The kids are not responsible for their parent's sins, but does Wally view the world as his parents - particularly his father - do? He was raised by these people, how do his view differ from his parents and how are they similar?

Things I would absolutely have long, deep, in depth conversations before dating, much less marrying.

I really, really hope that girl asked questions and received answers she can live with.

I would love to know what Wally believes too. His fiancé looks like she grew up apostolic Pentecostal. Which is different from the way Wally grew up. I don’t know if she is still AP. Let’s hope they find their own way without the captain and Jackie.

• Upvote 5

11 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Wally Smith is now engaged. I’m really wondering about this wedding. Will he invite his older sisters? I know Kress and Rachel won’t go since they live in Paraguay and rarely ever come to the US. But will Bethany Lane go? I kind of hope she avoids seeing the Smith parents and their eventual guilt trip. Because they lay it on thick on social media. So you know it’s even worse in person. 

I noticed that Madara has been interacting some with Kress on instagram lately. It's hard to know what to make of that. Madara and her brothers were adopted a full year after Kress and Mike married, and the Smith family lived 3 hours away from the Morton compound. It's difficult to imagine that Kressant and Madara were ever close. Their contact was probably limited to large family social engagements during the years Kress and Mike still lived stateside, and Kress was already having annual babies at that point. I haven't seen much interaction between any of the younger Smith kids and Kressant until recently.

I'm inclined to think that the elder Smiths have put their remaining children up to it in an effort to keep tabs on the estranged members of the family.

• Sad 6

8 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I noticed that Madara has been interacting some with Kress on instagram lately. It's hard to know what to make of that. Madara and her brothers were adopted a full year after Kress and Mike married, and the Smith family lived 3 hours away from the Morton compound. It's difficult to imagine that Kressant and Madara were ever close. Their contact was probably limited to large family social engagements during the years Kress and Mike still lived stateside, and Kress was already having annual babies at that point. I haven't seen much interaction between any of the younger Smith kids and Kressant until recently.

I'm inclined to think that the elder Smiths have put their remaining children up to it in an effort to keep tabs on the estranged members of the family.

Ugh I was wondering if it’s possible that the captain put them up to it. Arman was pictured with one of Bethany’s little ones recently. I was hoping that since the three oldest had moved out, maybe they were making a relationship with Bethany. It believe Masada and Bethany were close because she was still at home when they were adopted. 

• Upvote 4

I've been looking for wedding photos of all the recently married fundies for what feels like weeks now, and nothing! I may not agree with all this patriarchal, fundie crap, but I'm still a sucker for looking at and commenting on wedding dresses.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Looks like Nathanael Wissmann is dating someone named Katrina per his newest ig post

Hide contents

571AC50F-A525-4149-8333-E3C374C976C6.thumb.jpeg.907e2af82c0020664574b1641d9e98a5.jpeg

Isn’t it funny how Nate will post a picture with this girl and Stephen won’t post a picture with Jana? That’s all Jim Bob. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

1 minute ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Isn’t it funny how Nate will post a picture with this girl and Stephen won’t post a picture with Jana? That’s all Jim Bob. 

If Jana and Stephen are actually courting, I think they’ll wait until they’re engaged or married to announce anything. I don’t think JB will want to show a failed courtship to the public, especially since Josh’s arrest. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

On 6/4/2021 at 9:45 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Could be Jana's wish too... 

I can't get over Alaythia Wissman misspelling the word "fourth". School of the dining room table for the win!

• Upvote 14
  • Haha 2

14 minutes ago, usedbicycle said:

I doubt Jana even knows what her wish is...

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Edwin Morton has been publicly making IG stories of himself and his special friend Francessca Tuggle. She started doing it right before he did. I'm betting on a wedding before the end of the year.

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 5

54 minutes ago, JMO said:

Edwin Morton has been publicly making IG stories of himself and his special friend Francessca Tuggle. She started doing it right before he did. I'm betting on a wedding before the end of the year.

Oh yes. Once a dating couple goes public on IG or FB, an engagement is on the horizon. 

Fundies, especially the young Morton boys, are predictable. 

Wedding in the fall, baby by this time next year. Flower business for the girl out the window. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

The Mortons are very predictable, aren't they? So many of them married around 20 years old. After the first few, it was all of them except Cleve and Addie.

• Upvote 4

On 6/2/2021 at 12:12 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I would love to know what Wally believes too. His fiancé looks like she grew up apostolic Pentecostal. Which is different from the way Wally grew up. I don’t know if she is still AP. Let’s hope they find their own way without the captain and Jackie.

The Smiths and the Mortons have always been a part of Charismatic  churches. They're not Apostolic or Holiness but they likely have common church practices if they can past the Doctrinal differences. Considering the gap between even the Smiths and Mortons was an interesting one, I'd imagine they can do it.  

• Upvote 10

I know every family is different but I'm wondering if the restrictions of holding hands and kissing before marriage are starting to become more relaxed.  It seems like most of the Bates kids are admitting to kissing before marriage.  The most recent sighting of Jeremiah Duggar and Hannah Wissmann (if it's actually true) stated that they were holding hands with no chaperone and he had his hand around her waist.  This seems like such a departure from a few years ago.  Or at least what both families were portraying on TV.  A few years ago it seemed like they almost always had a chaperone and it was very important not to kiss before marriage.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

10 minutes ago, fundiefriday said:

I know every family is different but I'm wondering if the restrictions of holding hands and kissing before marriage are starting to become more relaxed.  It seems like most of the Bates kids are admitting to kissing before marriage.  The most recent sighting of Jeremiah Duggar and Hannah Wissmann (if it's actually true) stated that they were holding hands with no chaperone and he had his hand around her waist.  This seems like such a departure from a few years ago.  Or at least what both families were portraying on TV.  A few years ago it seemed like they almost always had a chaperone and it was very important not to kiss before marriage.

I think it is relaxing and for a number of reasons. 

1) the guy who wrote the book promoting it is now an atheist who doesn’t believe in the stuff he pushed when he was 21. 
2) many of the parents have seen proof that “no touch courtships” do not guarantee a perfect fundie marriage.

3) a lot of these families are so huge that they can’t keep tabs on every single adult child.

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

I think in the Duggar courtship model, it’s the woman’s father who sets the boundaries, and I don’t think the Wissmanns require chaperones on dates.  I don’t know how they feel about holding hands and kissing before engagement or marriage.

• Upvote 8

I think there is another upcoming Hale wedding of Buckinghale fame.

Emily (Bethlehem) Hale just posted on her Insta that her best friend Karissa Johnson was becoming her official little sister in 9 days. 

She said: "I can't wait to make you my official little sister" - sounds like Emily is marrying Karissa's brother? don't know who he is.

No, it's Jonathan Hale marrying Karissa. Wedding on 19 June 2021.

• Thank You 6

19 hours ago, fundiefriday said:

The rules are absolutely changing. I just rewatched an old Bates episode - Kelly and Gil expected their kids to save kissing for marriage. Zach and Whitney appeared devastated that they broke the rule and even asked for forgiveness (WTF). The other courting couples at the time (Michaela and Erin) played by the rule.

In the meantime, Alyssa posts a vlog bragging about how much they kissed before marriage, and Lawson is basically kissing Tiffany in front of his family (rubbing noses should count as kissing). I think the rules/dating culture started changing around Nathan's failed courtship.

In the Duggar fam, I think John David set his foot down to date Abby on his terms. It set a precedent for his brothers I think.

• Upvote 16

On 6/5/2021 at 9:51 PM, usedbicycle said:

I can't get over Alaythia Wissman misspelling the word "fourth". School of the dining room table for the win!

I'm chuckling over his #shesfast hashtag, which I presumes means his motorcycle, not his girl.

#JesusLovesTheMall

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 13

35 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Susannah Richardson is engaged.

I'm glad to see some women taking their own paths in life and living as they choose. I know very little about the Richardsons; I think I read their blog for about a year or so back when they were all living at home. I only see glimpses of them now, when here on FJ. And, as I said, after them even being on FJ's radar - thus, fundie - it's nice to see them grow into adults of their own choosing rather than being brainwashed into thinking they have only one purpose in life and have to get to said point in a linear way by following all the rules mom & dad laid out. 

I don't know squat about their parents, but I'm betting most fundie parents could take a lesson from them - trust in the job you did raising your kids and trust them to make their own decisions.

• Upvote 5

1 minute ago, fundiefan said:

I'm glad to see some women taking their own paths in life and living as they choose. I know very little about the Richardsons; I think I read their blog for about a year or so back when they were all living at home. I only see glimpses of them now, when here on FJ. And, as I said, after them even being on FJ's radar - thus, fundie - it's nice to see them grow into adults of their own choosing rather than being brainwashed into thinking they have only one purpose in life and have to get to said point in a linear way by following all the rules mom & dad laid out. 

I don't know squat about their parents, but I'm betting most fundie parents could take a lesson from them - trust in the job you did raising your kids and trust them to make their own decisions.

Yes, their parents are still fundie. There are 7 girls in a row and then 2 boys who are teens. Out of the 7 girls, #1, #2, and #6 still dress in skirts and head coverings. The other 4 dress mainstream. #1 is a commercial pilot so wears a pilot uniform to work and dresses and head coverings outside of work. She has a boyfriend. #5 is the only married sister. #3 is the one who just got engaged. #6 recently got engaged too. Some live away from home. They seem to have much more autonomy than a lot of fundie daughters. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

Benjamin Burnett is in a relationship with Bethany Meckle. If it works out, the Burnetts could have all their 8 kids married off very soon. 

Spoiler

BF5D662E-997C-4851-AF14-E4EDB41D06BF.thumb.jpeg.26662678dd53e1cdf7e1367dee47f489.jpeg

Also, per his Instagram, Valiant Thomas is in a relationship with Jaryn Neufeld

Spoiler

C89AC482-75BB-435E-9439-8376E502B70D.thumb.jpeg.e0b269c8ce72e76590d91a42d877289b.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, VBOY9977 said:

Benjamin Burnett is in a relationship with Bethany Meckle. If it works out, the Burnetts could have all their 8 kids married off very soon. 

Reveal hidden contents

BF5D662E-997C-4851-AF14-E4EDB41D06BF.thumb.jpeg.26662678dd53e1cdf7e1367dee47f489.jpeg

Also, per his Instagram, Valiant Thomas is in a relationship with Jaryn Neufeld

Hide contents

C89AC482-75BB-435E-9439-8376E502B70D.thumb.jpeg.e0b269c8ce72e76590d91a42d877289b.jpeg

Oh yes, Valiant is seeking a godly wife, but his daddy is on FB grifting for a car for the kid because his died and his job at Lowes & his part time ministry just don't pay enough. But, sure, find a wife & get married & make babies. Who cares if you can't afford them. 

• Upvote 9

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic