IGNORED

William & Kate

viii

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Also I suspect she has a lot she wants to tell William about Kingship, how to be a parent and and monarch at once, tricks to dealing with politicians, Etc.    

Kingship? Is that a word?

By all accounts, she was a poor parent. She left her small children for months at a time--there was even some question about whether they'd recognize her.

She could have brought them along--she was the Queen--but chose not to. Every royal expert or servant I have read states she was a distant, uninvolved mom.

Some speculate she might have done a bit better with the younger boys, but I don't agree.  They are weak, spoiled men, and one is a rapist. Even now, she is still spoiling him. When your son has raped someone, you don't bail him out. You allow justice to take its course, so that hopefully he'll learn something (or at least bear the consequences of his actions). 

Honestly, William seems to be doing better on his own. I hope he doesn't take Granny's advice.

I'm not sure what tricks she uses with politicians. Her role is largely ceremonial. Why would she need to trick them?

1 hour ago, Coconut Flan said:

I know quite a few people in their nineties.  There isn't a one of them that doesn't appreciate a regular phone call or visit from family and friends.

Are they Queens?

Yes, elderly commoners have a completely different situation. That was my point. In general, elderly commoners need more attention and visits. The Queen does not.

Elderly commoners often need help (leaking roof, can't read bills, etc). The Queen does not.

Elderly commoners may be in a nursing home, receiving indifferent care, covered with bedsores. The Queen is not.

Elderly commoners may be short on funds. The Queen (lol) is not.

• Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 2

Anyway.  By every reputable source she enjoys having her family around and dotes on her younger grandchildren in a way she could not with  the older ones when she was more active. 

If William is wise he will heed his grandmothers advice in learning how to manage family time when he becomes King. It was  not  easy for her being pushed into being Queen  so unexpectedly while still trying to be a wife and young mother but I maintain she did the best she could bearing in mind her Class and time period.  It’s well documented that She made time where and when she could, they had many many family vacations, she was very playful and patient, all most to a fault.  

According to Her Biographies Her major problem is that she was passive and is no disciplinarian. She didn’t believe in raising her voice and tried to reason with stubborn small children which is pointless. But who is a perfect parent?  

Edited by tabitha2
  • Upvote 5

35 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Kingship? Is that a word?

You can google as well as the rest of us you know.  Asking such a question does not enhance your image. BTW yes it's a real word.

A good word about William  Noted, thank you.  

35 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

Are they Queens?

In my opinion that's completely irrelevant.  We're talking about family visits or at least I am so more of your typical red herrings.  What I've found with elderly nineties people is that they enjoy and want the family connection no matter how many other people are around them or visit them.  It has zero to do with being a Queen or a commoner or rich or poor.  After all at base level the Queen is another human being.  Some things in her life are easier and some are harder, but she's still just a person at the bottom line.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 4

I think this is one of the oddest conversations I’ve witnessed on FJ.

I’m just clutching my pearls at the idea of a grandmother and grandson spending time together! /s

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 10

But but… I thought Williams children were scared and unhappy  looking and being raised by apparently multiple Nannie’s with Kate only taking them out as a publicity ploy?? 

But she blatantly contradicts her own words to Bash someone else. 

What an perverse idiot this this troll is. 

• Upvote 3

I have seen too many pictures of her with the little ones, her face lights up when she sees them.  And there was the picture of her with them all clustered around her; Mia Tindall was acting typical for her age, and QE said "Mia, hold the bag, now.  Just like that".  Mia held the bag and a perfect picture was taken.  Do any of us get handbooks when we become mothers?  I didn't, I just stumbled along the best I could and my kids survived; we have a very close family.  Elizabeth did what she thought she had to do, and I would bet there have been some tears of regret behind closed doors.  I see no sign that she is a distant grandmother/ great-grandmother.  And I don't know where somebody would get the idea that Edward is weak and spoiled; he and Sophie work harder than a lot of people do.

• Upvote 9

Based on many recent conversations, one could say Jackie's parents didn't do a marvelous job either.  Being perverse for the sake of being perverse and disruptive isn't a character trait I would want to instill in anyone.  

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

Yes Virginia, people do keep an eye on elderly relatives. Even those relatives who are wealthy and well taken care of by paid staff. In all my years at FJ this might be the most bizarre argument ever. Who gets upset that a grandson moves closer to his grandmother to help keep an eye on her during her final years? 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, tabitha2 said:

But but… I thought Williams children were scared and unhappy  looking and being raised by apparently multiple Nannie’s with Kate only taking them out as a publicity ploy?? 

Yes, when they are out in public they do look scared and overwhelmed. Not surprising. Think of the cameras and the noise and the grownups shouting your name.  That would be overwhelming for any small child. 

I'm sure they are happier in familiar surroundings, with just family around (and security, bodyguards, nannies, and housekeepers).

I am sure they have multiple nannies, as all royals have had. One nanny can't work 24/7. The Yorks had four for Elizabeth and Margaret, IIRC.  A nanny to feed/dress/put them to bed, two young sisters who helped out that nanny, and  Crawfie to educate them, 

Although the 24/7 scenario did happen once, with bad results. I think it was George V who had a nanny who had no day off for three years. She had a breakdown. Is that what you want for the Cambridges' nanny?

Don't you think the Cambridge's nanny should have days off, vacations, bank holidays? I do.

So of course there's more than one nanny. That's far better than one exhausted, resentful nanny. When their parents are away, the kids probably go from one nanny to the next. Say, a weekday nanny to a weekend nanny. Or a day nanny to a night nanny.  High powered professionals do the same.

9 hours ago, formergothardite said:

Yes Virginia, people do keep an eye on elderly relatives.

Are they Queens? 

The Queen has plenty of people watching out for her, without William making a daily visit. If he really wants to do some good, he'd visit some of his 96-year old subjects who have no one. The Queen has no shortage of visitors.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 2
  • Fuck You 1
  • Downvote 1
  • Eyeroll 1

The times are,thankfully, drastically changed from the beginning of the XX century when the kids were raised only by the nannies and the parents basically didn't spend any time with them. 

The Cambridges are actively involved in raising their kids, spend time with them and educate them and so on, of course Nanny Maria helps but it's Not like she's alone with the kids 24/7 365 days a year, the parents are also there. 

It's been 9 Years since George's birth, if the Cambridges have another stable nanny it would have been known by now, especially with the attention given to the finances of the family. Of course they maybe have a Nanny that comes in from time to time when they are busy and Nanny Maria is unavailable but I doubt they have another stable Nanny. 

• Upvote 10

Kate's mother has also shown up regularly to stay with the children when the parents had evening or weekend commitments.  With all the children having been in school at least part-time recently.  The requirements on the nanny have eased.

• Upvote 8

Spoiler

The Queen has plenty of people watching out for her, without William making a daily visit. If he really wants to do some good, he'd visit some of his 96-year old subjects who have no one.

So would he actually perform some service or do we think that merely talking to a pointless royal grifter would do them some good?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

On 9/1/2022 at 10:11 PM, Jackie3 said:

https://www.cangrade.com/blog/talent-acquisition/why-is-my-application-asking-my-race-gender/ << They have to report the demographic info to the E.E.O.C. They aren’t allowed to use it for hiring decisions legally, but they have to report info on who they hire. 

Edited by Destiny
  • Upvote 6

5 hours ago, Chiari said:

The times are,thankfully, drastically changed from the beginning of the XX century when the kids were raised only by the nannies and the parents basically didn't spend any time with them. 

The Cambridges are actively involved in raising their kids, spend time with them and educate them and so on, of course Nanny Maria helps but it's Not like she's alone with the kids 24/7 365 days a year, the parents are also there. 

It's been 9 Years since George's birth, if the Cambridges have another stable nanny it would have been known by now, especially with the attention given to the finances of the family. Of course they maybe have a Nanny that comes in from time to time when they are busy and Nanny Maria is unavailable but I doubt they have another stable Nanny. 

This family can't function without at least two nannies.

• Wills and Kate are abroad. It's Maria's day off. Who cares for the kids?
  • Maria's on vacation for two weeks. How do Wills and Kate go to functions? How do they travel?
  • Maria has a family emergency and needs unplanned time off. Who watches the kids so the adults can do their engagements?
  • Maria gets off at 6. How do W&K go to evening engagements?
  • Maria gets Covid and has to recover and then quarantine. Who cares for the kids? 

Do you think Maria works seven days a week?  Of course not. Is she denied vacation time? I doubt it.

I don't think you've thought this through. The royals travel constantly. At least two nannies are needed.

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 1

If they are out of the country then perhaps a second nanny is brought along but if they had a regular second nanny we would know about it. 

Also, to answer all of your questions - Kate’s parents. They’re also very hands on with the kids. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

Bloody hell, guys! - I saw the activity and thought something new/exciting had dropped about Andrew!!! I keep waiting for SOMETHING to happen in the matter (I know I'm probably doomed to disappointment but I live in hope...) and for four blissful seconds while I clicked in I thought this was it!

On the subject of raising children, here is my input:

*clears throat*

Children need their primary needs met - food, shelter, clothes etc. And they need to know in their bedrock that they're loved. When both those factors are in place, gentle guidance in how to be a decent human being should be the next priority.

Every family does it differently and I don't care if it's nannies, grannies or randomers in the street that help parents to achieve the above, just so long as it happens.

*clears throat again, steps back from podium*

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 5

13 hours ago, viii said:

If they are out of the country then perhaps a second nanny is brought along but if they had a regular second nanny we would know about it. 

Also, to answer all of your questions - Kate’s parents. They’re also very hands on with the kids. 

They'd want someone the kids know and trust. They wouldn't want a stranger brought in.

Why would they announce they have a second nanny? That's the last thing they want the public to know. What is wrong with having a second nanny anyway? 

There is no way Wills and Kate  go abroad and leave the royal children in the sole care of one woman, without any backup whatsoever. 

Besides, Maria is not Mary Poppins. Her workday ends at some point. If Wills and Kate are busy, who watches the children then? 

It's very unlikely they "bring in" a strange nanny that they dont' know or trust. There'd be a revolving door of strange nannies every time Maria is sick, goes off duty, takes a vacation, or has an emergency. That would be terrible for the kids, and a greater security risk as well. Do you want the future king cared for by some random person the agency provides?

13 hours ago, viii said:

So when Maria gets off at 6 every day, Kate's parents drive in?

If Maria gets sick suddenly, the Middletons are expected to be free at the last minute?

That's a lot to expect from people running a supposedly multi-million dollar business. What happens when they want to travel, go out with friends, get sick?

This doesn't seem realistic or workable. You think a vastly wealthy family would have their in-laws--who have full-time jobs--also be on call for childcare?  That doesn't jibe with these families' histories of long vacations, luxurious lives and many servants.

I suspect the Middletons see the kids when they want to. They are probably loving grandparents, but they also have lives to lead, buying trips to go on, business meetings, friends to see, vacations, etc.

Edited by Jackie3

5 minutes ago, Jackie3 said:

They'd want someone the kids know and trust. They wouldn't want a stranger brought in.

Why would they announce they have a second nanny? That's the last thing they want the public to know. What is wrong with having a second nanny anyway? 

There is no way Wills and Kate  go abroad and leave the royal children in the sole care of one woman, without any backup whatsoever. 

Besides, Maria is not Mary Poppins. Her workday ends at some point. If Wills and Kate are busy, who watches the children then? 

I agree that they wouldn't announce a second nanny, because William and Kate are really striving for that 'we're just like you!' angle, but if the same woman appeared at functions, then the public would know about her. So either they have a second nanny that is solely homebound with the children, or they don't have a second nanny at all. 

As for the rest... what part of grandparents do you not understand???? If the parents are working and Nanny Maria's day is done, then Kate's parents step in. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, unless you completely loathe Kate, apparently. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, viii said:

As for the rest... what part of grandparents do you not understand???? If the parents are working and Nanny Maria's day is done, then Kate's parents step in. It's not a difficult concept to grasp, unless you completely loathe Kate, apparently. 

Except these grandparents have full-time jobs. It's a bit ageist to assume that being a "grandparent" means you have nothing to do but provide on-call childcare. It's possible they'd like to do other things, besides babysit?

If I had hundreds of millions of dollars, I wouldn't expect my inlaws to be constantly on call.  I'd say, "See the kids when it's convenient for you."

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1
  • Downvote 1

If Kate and William have a  paid nanny to take care of the children during events they are terrible people for taking advantage of a paid nanny.

If Kate and William have an unpaid granny to take care of the children during events they are terrible people for taking advantage of an unpaid granny.

Oh well.

Back to the topic of this thread, at least it's not Andrew who babysits for them (I hope).

• Upvote 10

So stupid. Get over it. People like the Cambridges can’t hide another nanny for almost ten years!  Obviously they make it work through Kate’s parents or Some other non Mystery Nanny means even when She is indisposed. Also If the lady herself was not satisfied with working conditions a person of her skills and training would be snapped up in an instant by another rich family. 

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, Jackie3 said:

Except these grandparents have full-time jobs. It's a bit ageist to assume that being a "grandparent" means you have nothing to do but provide on-call childcare. It's possible they'd like to do other things, besides babysit?

If I had hundreds of millions of dollars, I wouldn't expect my inlaws to be constantly on call.  I'd say, "See the kids when it's convenient for you."

"

’Twas brillig, and the slithy toves

Did gyre and gimble in the wabe:

All mimsy were the borogoves,

And the mome raths outgrabe."

• Upvote 2
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

If Kate and William have a  paid nanny to take care of the children during events they are terrible people for taking advantage of a paid nanny.

If Kate and William have an unpaid granny to take care of the children during events they are terrible people for taking advantage of an unpaid granny.

Oh well.

Back to the topic of this thread, at least it's not Andrew who babysits for them (I hope).

If Maria gets off at 6--who watches the Cambridge children after that, when their parents go out?

It's an hour and 15 minutes from Bucklebury to Kensington Palace--you really think they've been doing that every single time they needed a nighttime babysitter?

Once the Cambridges move, it'll be a 45 minute drive. I doubt the Middletons want to do this every evening that Kate and Wills go out, and whenever Maria calls in sick or goes on vacation. 

Edited by Jackie3
  • Move Along 1

• Coconut Flan locked this topic