IGNORED

Matt Gaetz

SPHASH

8 hours ago, Howl said:

However, it's a testament to the influence of the Trump era that Gaetz has't been forced to resign by his own party.  

I am a bit surprised given his level of unpopularity that they haven't - Trump's influence is waning, and this would seem to be an opportunity both to help that and to make a public show that they are the Party of Morals. And of course to get rid of him.

8 hours ago, Howl said:

Greenberg was embezzling from the tax office using cryptocurrency.  transactions.  I'm starting to wonder if Greenberg targeted running for the tax office position with cryptocurrency embezzling in mind. 

Oh is that where the blockchain came in... I'm still laughing that he set the office on fire installing it. And yeah, probably - certainly seems like the kind of scam that would occur to scum like him.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, Ozlsn said:

certainly seems like the kind of scam that would occur to scum like him.

Greenberg self funded his campaign and upset (primaried) someone who had held that office for many years. 

He started epic crime-ing right away.  I just keep thinking that he realized that a tax office is where the money is floating around and would be an embezzlers paradise. 

Also, there is apparently no oversight in that particular tax office and probably still is no oversight. 

But back to Gaetz: He's probably right now addressing Republican women at Trump's Doral Resort.  What The Actual Fluck. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

Yeah Fuck Knob had to be talked out of running to the defense of CongressBro Backpfeifengesicht.

Former President Donald Trump had to be talked out of defending Florida Rep. Matt Gaetz after reports surfaced that the Justice Department was investigating whether Gaetz had a sexual relationship with a minor and broke federal sex-trafficking laws.

That's according to The New York Times' Maggie Haberman, who on Thursday told CNN's "New Day" that Trump had really wanted to defend the GOP lawmaker, but that he was told to stand down because the allegations against Gaetz were so serious.

"His first impulse was that he wanted to defend Gaetz, you know, 'He's one of our people,'" Haberman said. "Several of his advisors had told him that's a very bad idea, that the nature of what Gaetz is being investigated for is so serious that this is not something that former President Trump should be out there on a limb" for. Indeed, the silence from Trumpworld was deafening in the days following The Times' revelation about the Gaetz sex probe. Some within the former president's orbit even celebrated the controversy, with one former White House staffer telling Insider last month, "He's the meanest person in politics."

Another Trump confidant echoed that assessment, telling Politico, "The reason you haven't seen people in MAGA world defending Gaetz is less about him being unpopular, which he is in a lot of circles, and more about the fact that he hasn't done a single thing to make people comfortable to defend him."

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 3

Fight back against the "fake news" by giving Gaetz all your money!  :pb_rollseyes:

• Upvote 5
  • Disgust 2
  • Eyeroll 7

4 hours ago, Howl said:

Greenberg self funded his campaign and upset (primaried) someone who had held that office for many years. 

Bet they're glad they voted for him!

How did he self-fund I wonder? I still find it bizarre how many positions are elected, and that this had little to no oversight.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

The forgotten men and women that Gaetz has spent his entire career fighting for...who he has suddenly remembered might be a source of money to pay his legal fees.

I have to wonder if there will be performative church attendance. 

• Upvote 8

Like CongressBro Backpfeifengesicht listens to CDC guidelines. 

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 17

My eyes are starting to hurt from rolling them so much.

image.png.0d29d057faa11b81ab58e1ff3cfa7a7e.png

• Upvote 1
  • Eyeroll 14
  • Haha 2

19 hours ago, Howl said:

I have to wonder if there will be performative church attendance. 

I look forward to seeing if he spontaneously combusts crossing the threshold.

• Haha 11

Oh my yes: 

On 4/10/2021 at 1:57 AM, Cartmann99 said:

Oh, Ginger...

About that "Rollin' with my #RideOrDie @LuckeyGinger" tweet: 

Ride or Die refers to a person, almost always a woman, who will put her life in danger or mindlessly sacrifice (money, reputation, safety, legal status, kids, everything) for her man. 

Kinda wondering if a time line will pop up that shows he hasn't been the most honorable or faithful boyfriend/fiancé.  Alternately, she could be as much of a scumbag as he is and it's a perfect match. 

I'm thinking about Nestor.  Remember Nestor?  When someone finally noticed Nestor, Gaetz defended him as family, someone he loved and cared for like a son, yada yada.  Is Gaetz actually capable of love or is he only able to use people?  It's a legit question at this point. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 9

Seth calls out Matt fir the Tweet @Cartmann99 previously posted.

But why would Matt own if if his hero never owns a thing he does (and seems to get away with it)?

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 6

There seems to be a possibility that the Gaetz "affair" will start to unravel or at least shine a light on the insane matryoshka of corruption, crime & politics in Florida.   The same linked names start showing up and none of them in a good way. 

Here's a starter from Daniel Uhlfelder.  You may recall him as the Florida guy who dressed up as the Grim Reaper and stalked around on packed Florida  beaches, where people seemed to have nary a care abt Covid.  He's also a Florida lawyer who calls out corruption. 

Here's a link to the unroll of a Uhlfelder tweet thread: One marijuana company keeps coming up in the recent Florida matters with Gaetz. It's called Trulieve.

Kim Rivers is the CEO of Trulieve (Florida's first medical marijuana dispensary).  Her current (and brand new!) husband,  JT Burnette is a criminal (bribery, extortion) under Federal indictment and amazingly, her former husband WAS ALSO A MAJOR CROOK who also faced Federal charges.  Kim and JT (apparently long-time romantic partners) married just before JT's indictment came down.  Cynical me guesses it's to keep Kim from having to testify against JT in court,  it could be that the heart wants what the heart wants ? -- or third, pragmatic romance! 

If you want to go rabbit holing, just google these folks. 

I did a google search on Trulieve and encountered something called the Grizzly Report which is, let's just say, "bearish" on Trulieve.  Trulieve Cannabis Corp: Why we believe the company is a fraud.

Keep in mind that cannabis companies are CASH ONLY businesses; they can't use banks because cannabis is not considered legal by the Federal gov. Cash only businesses are also a great way to LAUNDER MONEY! 

Who has a lot of dirty money that always needs to be laundered? Well, regular ol' crooks, but also Russians!  They are starting to pop up here and there as more states legalize various types of cannabis use. 

• Thank You 10

This is interesting too...what was the timing of the plea for a blanket pardon? Why a surprise engagement?

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 5

I am on a pre-planned vacation with my fiancée. I was welcomed at Trump Doral days ago. No such meeting was denied nor sought.

This is Gaetz on his back foot, with a very lawyer-y denial, especially "No such meeting was denied nor sought".  

Just came across this article WE WERE NEVER PARTNERS on the lawyersgunsmoneyblog.com about Gaetz's denial that Trump would not meet with him.  Buried in the comments is this gem: 

Spoiler

Damon: Who knows the mechanics of how the Gaetz investigation got leaked to the NYT but would anyone be surprised if Gaetz GOING TO WYOMING TO SHIT ON A CHENEY had something to do with it? What a fuckin idiot.

Sarah: Never mess w a guy who shoots people in the face

Damon: Or runs his own spy ring because the NSA isn’t paranoid enough

Warren: Or reveals the identity of the person recruiting and handling the CIA's spies because they don't tell the right lies.

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • Thank You 10

Goodbye Matt

Joel Greenberg, a former Florida tax collector indicted in the Justice Department's probe into possible sex crimes that also includes Rep. Matt Gaetz (R-Fla.), is reportedly cooperating with federal authorities. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 5

but to come down the steps like this is a choice

You can be certain the Gaetz folks have a reputation management team - the pros hired to do damage control, orchestrating and choreographing every action, word, statement, tweet. They'll control tone and timing. 

Will Gaetz be the contrite supplicant, admitting to a mistake and promising to do better? Oh, hell no!

With a hot new fiance by his side, he'll defy the dark forces of the Deep State trying to bring him down! 

• I Agree 7

?ed to royally ?ed. 

Since the news broke that the Justice Department is investigating Rep. Matt Gaetz for allegedly paying women for sex and, separately, sleeping with a minor and transporting her across state lines, things have gotten exponentially worse for the congressman on a near-biweekly basis. For instance, last Friday we noted that the Republican lawmaker was “well and truly f--ked,” in light of Venmo transactions showing Gaetz had paid $900 to his accused sex-trafficker friend, Joel Greenberg, which Greenberg proceeded to send to three young women. On Tuesday, though, new reporting indicated that he has been upgraded to exceptionally, royally f--ked.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 4

An outspoken young fellow named Matt

May soon be realizing that

Life can be a bitch

With few friends and a snitch

Who agreed to meet feds for a chat

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 8

On 4/12/2021 at 11:51 PM, Howl said:

This is Gaetz on his back foot, with a very lawyer-y denial, especially "No such meeting was denied nor sought".  

I still find the wording of this very odd. Wouldn't it be "sought nor denied"? It feels a lot like the "don't even bother trying" word came before anything was done. I wonder why.

• Upvote 8