IGNORED

Matt Gaetz

SPHASH

Oooh, I hope this means the hammer is coming down on Matt:  "Gaetz's ex-girlfriend enters Florida courthouse where grand jury investigating the congressman meets"

An ex-girlfriend of Rep. Matt Gaetz, who is seen as a key witness in the investigation into alleged sex trafficking by the Florida Republican, entered an Orlando federal courthouse with her lawyer on Wednesday, where she was expected to testify before a grand jury, according to a CNN reporter on the scene.

The development is the latest signal that the long-running investigation into Gaetz remains active. A source familiar with the case had previously told CNN the ex-girlfriend would appear before the grand jury.

The woman, a former Capitol Hill staffer, has been linked to Gaetz as far back as the summer of 2017. Investigators are interested in that period of time because that is when the congressman is accused of having sexual contact with another woman, who was 17 years old at the time.

The ex-girlfriend also could be integral for authorities investigating potential obstruction of justice as the probe into Gaetz's conduct heated up. CNN has reported that investigators are aware of a discussion that Gaetz and an associate had about talking to her in October 2020.

Multiple people familiar with the matter have told CNN that a grand jury -- a group of laymen who hears evidence presented by prosecutors behind closed doors about a potential crime -- has been meeting at the George C. Young Federal Annex Courthouse regarding the Gaetz investigation.

The lawyer for the ex-girlfriend, Timothy Jansen, declined to comment. A Justice Department spokesman declined to comment.

Gaetz has denied any wrongdoing and has not been charged with a crime. His attorney and spokesman have not responded to requests from CNN for comment.

I saw this reaction:

image.png.da5b416feed0e9f241d549f407846bbd.png

• Haha 9
  • Thank You 2

• 2 weeks later...

The net is closing around Matt Gaetz!

• Upvote 13

3 hours ago, fraurosena said:

The net is closing around Matt Gaetz!

Whoever chose that picture needs a significant pay raise. 

• Haha 8

As far as I can tell, it's coming down to this: 

Matt Gaetz: "I've never paid for sex or had sex with a minor." 

Gaetz' sleazy guy friends: "He's paid for sex with a minor."

• Upvote 8

3 hours ago, Howl said:

As far as I can tell, it's coming down to this: 

Matt Gaetz: "I've never paid for sex or had sex with a minor." 

Gaetz' sleazy guy friends: "He's paid for sex with a minor."

Aren't there venmo receipts too?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

• 4 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

An ugly suit for a nasty person:

image.png.fe902c472ed80c903ad3b1999f98f259.png

I've said it before and I shall say it again.  Gaetz has the most backpfeifengesicht in all of Congress.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

6 hours ago, 47of74 said:

I've said it before and I shall say it again.  Gaetz has the most backpfeifengesicht in all of Congress.

Maybe it's just me but he and Madison Cawthorn are starting to look like ventriloquist's dummies.

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

3 hours ago, Xan said:

Maybe it's just me but he and Madison Cawthorn are starting to look like ventriloquist's dummies.

All I can ever see is

815DB5DD-A17A-40B5-839D-0DBC18EA7364.jpeg.78c6acbd2091175dec186e6e43ed1d45.jpeg9A7ACA89-D5B8-4842-AA01-D65B61A3E006.jpeg.8110453bfc0c51ed597c5967c8649580.jpeg

and

E9B4D415-8974-4C95-A692-3B3A60BB35A1.jpeg.5977f29dcdcb5823798d9d009657c539.jpeg1B37D7D6-13A0-4A29-9A52-EDDE08A31DC1.jpeg.7809bd1327a177f20a75e6e38f6adeaa.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 16
  • I Agree 2

Wow, Gaetz and Cawthorne are starting to look more like Beavis and Butt-Head than even Trump Jr. and his brother whats-his-name. (Eric? It's Eric, isn't it? I just think of him as the dumber but less drugged up Trump boy.)

Somebody needs to explain to Gaetz that if you have a five-head instead of a forehead (he's got like a 7-head, at this point) then adding more height with your hair is not the best look. He's starting to look like those conehead aliens from France, trying to hide their difference with a toupee.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

• 3 weeks later...
16 hours ago, smittykins said:

*choose

It's easy to remember, Matty m'boy.  Just channel your inner Ralph Wiggum.

image.png.878be12ada4cf32ecfa6a2b86a8ea8b5.png

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6

Gaetz is sucking up to Trump again.

• Disgust 4
  • Eyeroll 5

10 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Gaetz is sucking up to Trump again.

Has anybody told Matt that Trump's daughters are over 18?  Or is he setting himself up for a shot at one of the granddaughters once they hit puberty?  

• Upvote 2

35 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

Irony has been shot multiple times; stabbed right through the heart; drowned;  pushed off a very high cliff onto extremely sharp rocks; electrocuted; run over by a train; beheaded; put back together; brought back to life; and then gone through it all over again.

Edited by AlmostSavedAtTacoBell
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

"Hunter Biden's laptop!!!" is the GQP's new "Benghazi!"

The idiocy of it all is that there is no Hunter Biden's laptop at all. Because that was an obscure and constantly changing made up story. There might be a physical laptop (emphasis on might), but it is not Hunter Biden's. 

• Upvote 9

6 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

F*cking idiot.

F*cking asshat makes me so angry. At the time of his diagnosis, if my reed thin six year old son (at the time, he’s in his 30s now) had lost any more weight than he already had because of his diabetes, he would have been dead. He weighed a mere 18kg, the weight of a two year old…

There are two main types of diabetes. Type 1, where the body’s auto-immune system has attacked its own islets of Langerhans, effectively disabling the body’s capability to produce insuline. Insulin is necessary for cells in the body to receive glucose, which serves as the body’s fuel. Without glucose, cells don’t work. And when cells don’t work, the body dies. If you have type 1 diabetes, you are automatically insulin dependent in order to live. Most (not all) people with Type 1 are children when they are diagnosed— and one of the signs, apart from excessive drinking and urinating, is rapid and drastic weight loss.

There is also type 2 diabetes, which most commonly occurs in adulthood (although there are cases of children with type 2). With this type, the cell walls in the body have lost some of their capability for receiving glucose; glucose has difficulty passing the cell wall. Depending on the severity, more or less glucose can permeate into the cells. People with type two usually take pills that enable glucose to enter cells. If the case is quite severe, a patient may need to supplement with insulin. Type 2 diabetes has a couple of sub-types (I believe four, but I’m not sure of the exact number). All of them, except one, is chronic. The single type that is not, is caused by obesity. Those people, if they lose enough weight, may recover. But that number of people, compared to the rest of patients with chronic diabetes, be it Type 1 or 2, is quite small.

Sometimes I wish that idiots like Matt could live with the disease for one day. Just one. Let them have to inject insulin, and count carbohydrates before putting food in their mouth. Maybe even let them experience what a (slight) hypoglycemia or hyperglycemia feels like— not sever or life threatening, but just enough for them to feel how horrible it is. Just a single day.

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 14

Add to that the GQP‘s politics of letting the virus rip through the population leads to more people getting diabetes. A cynic could say good for the companies that manufacture Insulin - the bigger the demand the higher the prices. Who cares about the people? Survival of the fittest!

• Upvote 7

Insulin was created in 1921.

There is no reason for it to cost so much. The drug companies beat down the generics-allowed-after-20-years in the US by getting their current insulins classified as "biologics". (Yes, I know there are differences; today's insulin is not extracted from pork or beef. Still.)

Mr. apple is diabetic. I'm still employed and subscribe to the highest plan I can through my employer so we are good currently on insulin. My hospital employer realizes that keeping control costs less than treating complications. Unfortunately many/even most plans are not like that. Makes me incredibly angry, even disbelieving that 92 (I think 92) politicians voted against a bill that should have had zero nay votes.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 1