• 47of74

• Howl

• GreyhoundFan

• Cartmann99

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

How true

Disgusting details from a GOP insider of Matt Gaetz's Florida sex game   

Something tells me that when you’re 38 YO and showing sexually graphic photos to your co-workers, you’re a couple of bricks shy of a complete and healthy adult load. 

Posted Images

SassyPants

Something tells me that when you’re 38 YO and showing sexually graphic photos to your co-workers, you’re a couple of bricks shy of a complete and healthy adult load. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 12
Howl
1 hour ago, zeebaneighba said:

I'm curious why you think being unmarried at 38 is a red flag.  Not everyone gets married.  Not everyone WANTS to get married. I'm not defending Gaetz, I'd love to see him expelled from Congress and convicted, but I'm baffled by why you think that is a red flag, even with all the other info that is coming to light.

The red flag sense I'm getting is that he was up to too much bad stuff (all the other information coming to light) to make a marriage viable. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 10
TuringMachine

Why not just all the republicans while we're at it? Well maybe keep a couple of the least evil ones to keep things interesting.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 1
Xan

Apparently, they've got Matty on video looking through fake ID's with Greenberg.  Stick a fork in him.  He's done.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 3
FiveAcres
19 minutes ago, Xan said:

Apparently, they've got Matty on video looking through fake ID's with Greenberg.  Stick a fork in him.  He's done.

Oh, my. And now I am wondering the age of the subjects of the nude photos he was flashing around. 

Florida is not sending us their best.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
onekidanddone
49 minutes ago, Xan said:

From your keyboard to Rufus’s adorable ears. And to Beansie too for safe measure

• Upvote 9
  • Rufus Bless 1
onekidanddone
1 hour ago, Xan said:

I want tapes and transcripts of Matt’s visit with Greenberg at the WH. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4
Howl

Holy Dang Schmoley!  This is nuts. 

Here's the unroll of the twitter thread.  Thread: The story of how @mattgaetz became a target of the Trump justice department is even crazier and weirder than you can imagine.

It pulls all the pieces together. Remember that Joel Greenberg is already IN PRISON, so many parts of the story were evidence in an investigation. I don't know if Greenberg took a plea or went to trial. 

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9
GreyhoundFan

And the fun continues: "Gaetz showed nude photos of women he said he'd slept with to lawmakers, sources tell CNN"

(CNN)Rep. Matt Gaetz, the Florida Republican being investigated by the Justice Department over sex trafficking allegations, made a name for himself when he arrived on Capitol Hill as a conservative firebrand on TV and staunch defender of then-President Donald Trump. Behind the scenes, Gaetz gained a reputation in Congress over his relationships with women and bragging about his sexual escapades to his colleagues, multiple sources told CNN.

Gaetz allegedly showed off to other lawmakers photos and videos of nude women he said he had slept with, the sources told CNN, including while on the House floor. The sources, including two people directly shown the material, said Gaetz displayed the images of women on his phone and talked about having sex with them. One of the videos showed a naked woman with a hula hoop, according to one source.

"It was a point of pride," one of the sources said of Gaetz.

There's no indication these pictures are connected to the DOJ investigation.

Gaetz, 38, who was elected to Congress in 2016, has been at the center of a number of controversies in his four-plus years in Congress. But he's now embroiled in easily his biggest scandal yet, after the Justice Department began investigating him in the final months of the Trump administration under then-Attorney General William Barr as part of a larger investigation into another Florida politician. Federal investigators are examining whether Gaetz engaged in a relationship with a woman that began when she was 17 years old and whether his involvement with other young women broke federal sex trafficking and prostitution laws, two people briefed on the matter said.

Gaetz has denied the allegations, saying "no part of the allegations against me are true," and he claimed Tuesday that he was the victim of an extortion plot, which the FBI is separately investigating.

"Over the past several weeks my family and I have been victims of an organized criminal extortion involving a former DOJ official seeking $25 million while threatening to smear my name. We have been cooperating with federal authorities in this matter and my father has even been wearing a wire at the FBI's direction to catch these criminals," Gaetz said in a statement.

Gaetz and a spokesperson for Gaetz did not respond to requests for comment on the images and videos he allegedly showed to lawmakers.

After the DOJ investigation into Gaetz surfaced this week, there were a handful of Republicans in Congress who defended him, speaking out on his behalf, including both Rep. Jim Jordan, the top Republican on the House Judiciary Committee, and Rep. Marjorie Taylor Greene of Georgia. But many House Republicans stayed quiet.

House GOP Leader Kevin McCarthy said Wednesday there were "serious implications" involving the DOJ allegations, adding that he would remove Gaetz from the Judiciary Committee if they were proven true.

"I haven't heard anything from the DOJ or others, but I will deal with it if anything comes to be true" McCarthy said in response to a question from CNN at a town hall event in Iowa.

Gaetz made a name for himself on conservative television soon upon his arrival to Congress in 2017, where he's often been a thorn in the side of House Republican leadership while aligning himself closely with the Freedom Caucus and Trump during his presidency. Gaetz has been a constant presence on both Newsmax and Fox News -- much more than any typical rank-and-file House member -- and he turned to Fox soon after the allegations surfaced Tuesday.

At one point during Gaetz's first term, staff for then-House Speaker Paul Ryan held a short meeting with Gaetz in the Capitol, where they had a discussion with Gaetz about acting professionally while in Congress, according to two sources with knowledge of the meeting. One source said the conversation wasn't tied to a specific incident. Ryan didn't directly have a conversation with Gaetz.

Gaetz's spokesperson denied that he was ever reprimanded by Ryan or his staff. "That did not happen, no meeting with the speaker or his staff," the spokesperson said.

Hours before the news broke Tuesday of the investigation involving Gaetz, Axios reported he was considering leaving Congress for a job at the conservative television station Newsmax.

On Capitol Hill, Gaetz has a number of headline-grabbing incidents to his credit, both at the Capitol and on Twitter.

Gaetz was one of the most vocal backers of Trump's lie after the 2020 election that the election was stolen from him. After 10 Republicans voted to impeach Trump in January, Gaetz personally took up the task of trying to oust the House's GOP conference chair Liz Cheney, the highest-ranking Republican to support impeachment, traveling to Wyoming to hold a rally against Cheney in her home state.

In March 2020, when the scale of the Covid-19 pandemic was not yet clear, Gaetz wore a gas mask on the floor of the House during the first vote on an emergency funding bill for the coronavirus response.

Gaetz was admonished last year by the House Ethics Committee for a tweet threatening Trump's former personal lawyer Michael Cohen ahead of his 2019 testimony before the House Oversight Committee. The committee found the tweet "did not violate witness tampering and obstruction of Congress laws" but did not "reflect creditably" upon the House. The Florida bar also investigated the case and cleared Gaetz. He apologized for the tweet.

Later that year, Gaetz led a band of House Republicans who barged into a closed-door House impeachment inquiry interview, occupying the House Intelligence Committee spaces for several hours in a publicity stunt to protest the investigation that would lead to Trump's first impeachment.

Gaetz has also found himself in hot water over his spending practices. Politico reported last year that Gaetz improperly sent $28,000 to pay an LLC affiliated with a speech-writing consultant. Gaetz's office returned the funds to the House and said it was a "glorified clerical error."

One of Gaetz's official actions as a member of Congress is also gaining fresh scrutiny in the wake of the DOJ investigation. In 2017, Gaetz was the one member of Congress to vote against a bill designed to create a coordinator in the Department of Transportation responsible for helping states develop policies to prevent human trafficking.

At the time, Gaetz did a Facebook Live broadcast defending his vote. He said he voted no because he felt the existing Transportation Department staffing should've been able to handle the task, and he was sent to Washington to stop the expansion of the federal government.

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 10
47of74
3 hours ago, Howl said:

The red flag sense I'm getting is that he was up to too much bad stuff (all the other information coming to light) to make a marriage viable. 

Normally I myself would not consider someone who never got married a red flag. But in this case there’s a whole container ship load of red flags here.  And he probably sets off the creep detectors of a lot of people over 21 - women and men - who want nothing to do with him then. 

• Upvote 12
Dandruff
6 hours ago, Xan said:

I wonder whether this is at a sufficient point of "doneness" that being done can't be evaded.  I know how it looks but I'm thinking about some of the things that people discussed in these political threads have managed to get away with, or essentially get away with, over the years.

• Upvote 10
fraurosena

Guys, it's going to take too long to name them all. Just get rid of the GOP, and be done. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6
Xan
6 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I wonder whether this is at a sufficient point of "doneness" that being done can't be evaded.  I know how it looks but I'm thinking about some of the things that people discussed in these political threads have managed to get away with, or essentially get away with, over the years.

I think it's going to be hard for Gaetz to weasel out of this.  They've got receipts for money paid to women for sex.  They have surveillance tapes from Greenberg's office.  (These were provided to the investigation by other people in Greenberg's office who suspected that he was crooked.  Apparently, Greenberg brought Gaetz in to "show him around" after hours and they were caught going though the ID materials.)  They've got testimony from the then-17-year-old woman.  Plus, a lot of the other Republicans don't like him.  He might have powerful friends who keep him out of prison but his political career is over.

Mainly, I'm sure Greenberg is talking now and trying to offload some guilt so he can cut down on prison time.  He's throwing Matt under the bus.

• Upvote 15
GreyhoundFan

How true

image.png.5eaaef7188ee104bdbbd296ae5febabd.png

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 5
front hugs > duggs

I'm mostly shocked that he thought going on Fox News was going to help him in any capacity.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2
Dandruff
3 hours ago, Xan said:

Plus, a lot of the other Republicans don't like him.  He might have powerful friends who keep him out of prison but his political career is over.

There's a big difference between being de-jobbed and going to prison.  It shouldn't depend on cronyism (assuming the job is lost at all) but I think we've learned well what an impact group loyalty can make in government.

This is interesting, though:  https://thehill.com/homenews/house/546170-gaetz-communications-director-resigns

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
AmazonGrace

His communication director quit. (Matt Gaetz had a communication director?!?)

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 9
fraurosena

Looks like there could be even more shit hitting the fan.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 8
fraurosena

What happens if Gaetz is actually arrested? Does he get to keep his seat in the House? Knowing the GQP they would let him stay on, but what do the rules say, if anything? For example, could he be temporarily suspended pending trial and potential sentencing?

• Upvote 10
Dandruff
7 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

What happens if Gaetz is actually arrested? Does he get to keep his seat in the House? Knowing the GQP they would let him stay on, but what do the rules say, if anything? For example, could he be temporarily suspended pending trial and potential sentencing?

Maybe some paid time off, publicized proclamations of innocence, plus crowdfunding $$s?

I really don't know.

• Upvote 7
fraurosena

Disgusting details from a GOP insider of Matt Gaetz's Florida sex game 

Sleeping with married legislators. Spending the night at a college sorority house. 

These were specific ways now-US Rep. Matt Gaetz and other Florida lawmakers could earn "extra points" in a sex competition in which Gaetz is accused of participating when he served in the state's House of Representatives, a female GOP insider who worked with Gaetz in the 2010s told Insider in an interview.

The sex competition even involved the "Harry Potter" book series, the GOP source told Insider. 

Anyone who had sex with a certain conservative woman "won the whole game regardless of points," she said. That woman was known as the "snitch," a nod to the "Harry Potter" game of Quidditch. The GOP source said she "heard specific references of Gaetz being involved and scoring points." She declined to name the woman to protect her privacy.

Her accusations about Gaetz's participation in this sex competition build upon others. Chris Latvala, a Republican state representative who overlapped with Gaetz in the Florida House, accused Gaetz in a 2020 tweet of creating a "game where members of the FL House got 'points' for sleeping with aides, interns, lobbyists, and married legislators." Another way to obtain points was to have sex with "virgins," ABC reported this week, citing a source. 

The existence of the "game" among male lawmakers was the "worst kept secret in Tallahassee," the GOP insider said. Lawmakers who participated publicly bragged about it, even among their female colleagues; some male legislators who didn't participate jokingly lamented the fact that they abstained, the Republican said.

The culture in the Florida Capitol is getting renewed scrutiny after The New York Times reported Gaetz was the subject of a Justice Department investigation into whether he broke sex-trafficking laws with a 17-year-old girl in 2019. 

Gaetz has denied the allegations and said he's the victim of a criminal extortion scheme against his family. Gaetz has also denied any knowledge of the sex competition in Tallahassee, Florida. 

The congressman's office did not respond to Insider's request for comment about the allegations about Gaetz's conduct. 

'Such a skeeze' 

Just about everyone in Gaetz's orbit — former staffers in Florida, ex-Trump officials, and Capitol Hill aides — have been gossiping about the congressman's legal and public-relations woes this week.

At least one former staffer said she saw her work for Gaetz in a new light after news of the investigation broke.

After Insider informed her of the sex-trafficking allegations during an interview, his former 2016 campaign staffer Karli Andrews said, "Oh, my god, no way. Oh, my god."

"Knowing that, now I feel just — ew — I cannot even believe I talked this guy up and helped him become elected, for him to be such a skeeze," Andrews, who has since left politics, said. 

Republican insiders and former Gaetz staffers were active in text chains that "started blowing up this week" as reports emerged about the Justice Department investigation, according to one former aide. 

Trump White House officials who disliked Gaetz were texting gleefully Tuesday night about his legal peril, Insider previously reported. And a former Gaetz staffer was checking in with the congressman's current aides to find out whether they were doing OK. 

Gaetz staff were pulled into a meeting on Tuesday and basically told not to worry about the reports, but some of them were nervous, a former Gaetz staffer told Insider.  

The congressman's spokesman Luke Ball resigned suddenly from the congressman's office out of principle, NBC reported on Friday, citing a person familiar with the situation.

"The Office of Congressman Matt Gaetz and Luke Ball have agreed that it would be best to part ways. We thank him for his time in our office, and we wish him the best moving forward," Gaetz's chief of staff, Jillian Lane Wyant, said in an email. 

'I'm not a monk' 

During Gaetz's Tallahassee days, about two dozen male lawmakers participated in the sex competition, the GOP insider said. A handful of male lobbyists participated, too, she added. 

That person said she hoped publicly discussing the culture in Tallahassee might help other women to avoid harassment and sexual misconduct that has long been pervasive. 

Gaetz was also known for hanging out with a group of men in the back of a Tallahassee restaurant called the 101 Restaurant & Lounge, which has since closed. 

"They would just set up court, and people would just cycle through there," she said. "There were always young, pretty girls around." 

In one bizarre incident during 2013, Gaetz's dog bit a law-school student at the restaurant. 

Gaetz, 38, also has a reputation on Capitol Hill for dating young women, according to two current congressional aides. It was widely known that Gaetz was dating a college student over the age of consent in 2018, The Daily Beast reported. 

CNN reported this week that Gaetz showed other lawmakers photos and videos of naked women he said he had slept with. And during Gaetz's first term in Congress, staff for then-House Speaker Paul Ryan had a discussion with Gaetz in the Capitol about acting professionally while in Congress, CNN said. 

Gaetz got engaged to Ginger Luckey, a 26-year-old Harvard Business School student, in December. 

But Gaetz hasn't always been so public about his love life.

Gaetz called a Mother Jones reporter in 2019, asking her not to identify the women he'd dated because it would put them at risk. He said he got death threats "from the same demographic of people who shot up the Republican baseball game" just outside Washington, DC, in 2017. 

He told the magazine, "I'm not a monk. I'm just a congressman." 

• Upvote 3
  • Disgust 3
  • WTF 2
  • Thank You 13
47of74

The douchiest face in Congress does not plan to resign. (At least for now). 

Rep. Matt Gaetz (R., Fla.) on Friday said he wouldn’t resign in the face of rising pressure over reports that the FBI has been investigating him since last summer, in part over whether he broke federal sex-trafficking laws.

“Of course not,” Mr. Gaetz said in a text message Friday, addressing whether he would leave office. He declined to say more, citing Good Friday. His lawyer also said Mr. Gaetz wouldn’t step down.

With the House in recess, members have been largely silent about Mr. Gaetz since Minority Leader Kevin McCarthy (R., Calif.) earlier in the week referred to “serious implications” in connection with the Federal Bureau of Investigation inquiry. But in the state capital of Tallahassee, Republicans were already discussing who would replace Mr. Gaetz, people familiar with the conversations said.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 14