IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, justmy2cents said:

TLC had a birth special for Evy Jo. 
It’s strange that they’re not advertising a new season. I could see them showing the birth and then going back to where they left off last year. 

I'm pretty sure they've done that previously.  I think for some of them, they've done a 30 minute birth special separate from the timeline of the series and then worked it into the regular season as well, with some additional footage. 

• Upvote 4

TLC haven’t mentioned Justin’s wedding although they covered his courtship announcement- very odd. I just find it odd that supposedly devout Christians are prepared to ham up and pretend it’s Easter months in advance so they can have something interesting for TV. I wonder if dressing it up as a faux religious occasion means they hope people won’t notice a multi household gathering. 
As for the livestream wedding, we all know the Duggars have been roaming the country maskless attending weddings so why the pretence?
Has Jed given up his car business to go into property management?

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

The early Easter episode doesn’t bother me. It seems the more kids they marry off, with some living out of the area, the more sense it makes to do the big all family celebration a couple weeks to one side of the other of the actual day. For them it’s about filming too, of course, but even if that weren’t the issue - they’d be more likely to get most of that huge brood in one spot if there weren’t competing time demands. And for getting people to watch- showing a big holiday event - right before the event- probably gets the most viewers. It’s fun to watch an Easter egg hunt and little kids dressed up in Easter clothes the week before Easter- not so much in October. 

• Upvote 5

Considering how far behind TLC is - are we sure that is talking about this easter - or was it last easter?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 24
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

If that was the engagement venue  I can't imagine what the reception will be like. It won't be melting ice cream in the parking lot, that's for sure.  And did I see the engagement ring coming out of a Tiffany blue box?

• Upvote 8

5 minutes ago, HereticHick said:

If that was the engagement venue  I can't imagine what the reception will be like. It won't be melting ice cream in the parking lot, that's for sure.  And did I see the engagement ring coming out of a Tiffany blue box?

Eh, Jessa's and Jinger's engagement sites were also super pretty, so we'll see lol. I could see this wedding being relatively simple, the Nakatsus don't seem to be nearly as extravagant as some of the mega-families. And, Abbie's ring also came out of a Tiffany-blue box but was probably not Tiffany. The Duggars are expects at thrifting, grifting, and knock-offs xD 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, clueliss said:

Considering how far behind TLC is - are we sure that is talking about this easter - or was it last easter?

It says the family will be meeting the 20th grandchild and Kendra’s 2nd daughter, so they definitely mean this year.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

15 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

It says the family will be meeting the 20th grandchild and Kendra’s 2nd daughter, so they definitely mean this year.

Yeah, the timeline's reality is firmly borked and entirely made up, but I don't think even they could get away with claiming it's about last Easter, 10 months before Brooklyn was born.

• Upvote 5

Pretty sure you are right - they are talking about last Easter. I never thought otherwise.

Just because the Kendra birth and Easter are in this episode doesn’t mean they happened at the same time.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I'm interested in finding out the details of Jed's wedding but all I really want to know is if Jana is finally in an official courtship.  I kind of started thinking that is was never going to happen but now it seems like it could be a real possibility with Stephen Wissman.  He seems to check all the boxes.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, clueliss said:

That did cross my mind lol 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

I looked at the Reddit thread shared by @Bluebirdbluebell (thank you!) and someone has commented saying that Katey’s half brother Reed now lives in LA, is gay, supports the Free Britney Movement and has posted in support of BLM on Instagram. I wonder how much he and Katey have to do with each other and what he thinks of her marrying into the Duggar family...

• Upvote 15
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Thank You 8

6 minutes ago, Alysabeth said:

I looked at the Reddit thread shared by @Bluebirdbluebell (thank you!) and someone has commented saying that Katey’s half brother Reed now lives in LA, is gay, supports the Free Britney Movement and has posted in support of BLM on Instagram. I wonder how much he and Katey have to do with each other and what he thinks of her marrying into the Duggar family...

He has a public IG account, but i dont know if it would be ok to share it or not. He seems to still be in contact with his mom, wrote a happy mothers day post to her. She (Kim) also has an IG but it is private.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 9

2 hours ago, llucie said:

He has a public IG account, but i dont know if it would be ok to share it or not. He seems to still be in contact with his mom, wrote a happy mothers day post to her. She (Kim) also has an IG but it is private.

It’s fine to post it as long as it is public. 

• Upvote 5

It may be within the rules to post it, but seems a bit shitty to be sharing the details of his life when he’s clearly not fundie nor actively blogging or whatever. I for one would be really perturbed to be being discussed on a public forum based on an ex-stepdad’s religion. Edit: although I suppose discussing a tv appearance as a teen is fair game ?

Edited by bal maiden
  • Upvote 10
  • I Agree 8
  • Love 1

It looks like the engagement post on the Nakatsu blog has been removed. The link takes you to an error page. Is it working for anyone else?

• Upvote 4

27 minutes ago, sparrow said:

It looks like the engagement post on the Nakatsu blog has been removed. The link takes you to an error page. Is it working for anyone else?

I just tried to gi to their blood and search and for me is still up and working 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 2

All that the World’s Strictest Parents clip tells me is that Kim is well off and her son used to be a teenager.

• Upvote 13
  • Haha 7

3 hours ago, sparrow said:

Ohhhhh I was ready to get out my popcorn and jump aboard the speculation train....

• Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, bal maiden said:

It may be within the rules to post it, but seems a bit shitty to be sharing the details of his life when he’s clearly not fundie nor actively blogging or whatever. I for one would be really perturbed to be being discussed on a public forum based on an ex-stepdad’s religion. Edit: although I suppose discussing a tv appearance as a teen is fair game ?

I agree, thats why i will not be sharing it. I also think that while it is true that he appeared on an episode of a reality show it was a really long time ago and he was a minor, so it is posible it was not really his decision either. In any case it seems he got over his teen revelious fase and is doing much better now. I will admit that i am hoping that he is invited to the wedding and he scandalizes the Duggars.

• Upvote 10
  • Thank You 4

On 3/24/2021 at 3:55 PM, llucie said:

I agree, thats why i will not be sharing it. I will admit that i am hoping that he is invited to the wedding and he scandalizes the Duggars.

This definitely needs to happen, although we're going to need a lot of popcorn for that.

Edited by ADoyle90815
  • Upvote 4

6 hours ago, JmW said:

Does anyone on this site have the link or the password to watch the livestream next week?

Yes please me too. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic