IGNORED

Jed and Katey 2: The Hidden Engagement?

Coconut Flan

7 hours ago, ihaveanexamintwodays said:

So Katey's paternal grandfather was Koryo, her father is Kory, her middle name is Koryn, her mother is Kim, her stepmother is Kerry. Poor Lauren Nakatsu is the only one who doesn't get to be matchy-matchy! xD

I forsee J'Katey naming their firstborn son Robert Kory Duggar. 

Actually Koryo was Katey's great-grandfather; her father's paternal grandfather. 

3 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Maybe Lauren Nakatsu (whose nickname apparently is “Pickle”) will marry one of the Duggar boys, and there will be another Lauren Duggar after all.

There are more then one Duggarboy availible and Lauren C’s engagement seems to be off. There could be three!!! ?

• Haha 18

So what the hell happened to make Katey's dad jump on the crazy train? I may have missed that and did they split custody of the kids and the poor girls got the fundie end of the stick? Why move to Arkansas? Why do some of the in-laws do this?  I don't understand. And another well paid job holding person turned to a life if the grift? Ugh.

• Upvote 15

Maybe the divorce affected him greatly and decided he must go fundie to ensure his daughters never divorce. Of course we all know that won’t prevent divorce since plenty of fundies divorce. 

• Upvote 23

16 hours ago, raayx01 said:

Why are they getting married to quickly February 14 to April 3rd. Most Duggar engagements are 3 months

I'm convinced this is all to make him a better political candidate.

Do any of you watch Veep? If you dont, you should. It reminds me when in a later season Jonah, now a Congressman, is told he has to have a wife to seem more viable, so they identify a few eligible maidens and he goes on dates immediately to get on the marriage fast track. Not sure which one is more of a goober, Jonah or Jed.

• Upvote 11

It’s not very usual for, especially female, young children to live with their dad after a divorce, and I say that as a young woman who lived with her dad after a divorce. I am curious about the situation with her mom, who seems secular, and the two daughters staying with their dad. 

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

Kory and Kerry married Aug 1st 2009. Katey apparently went to public school until age 13, so that would be that they started homeschooling a couple of years after the marriage, 2011 I think, since she was born 29 July 1998. So was it the case that Kerry brought the crazy, or was Kory already fundie, but couldn’t homeschool sooner as he was a working single dad? 

edit: it’s just occurred to me that Kory and Kim were married in 1997, and Katey was born in 1998. So the older brothers may have been from a prior relationship of Kim’s, and Kory could have been their stepfather. That may explain why the three kids weren’t all together as a unit when Kory and Kim split. 

Edited by bal maiden
  • Upvote 16
  • Thank You 10

I’ve been reading their blog from 2004 to present, and it’s so sad to see the shift from ‘normal’ kids life of school, and family trips, and normal clothes and swimwear, to being neck-deep in the ATI kool aid. I listened to some testimonies from girls who were on the same JTTH as Katey, which Kory posted on the blog, and they’re heartbreaking. That poor girl is going to be firmly locked in to this lifestyle with this upcoming marriage to Jedidiah. Free Katey! 

• Upvote 10
  • Sad 12
  • I Agree 4

Here are some pages from their website before the divorce; seems Kory and Kim in the early 2000s had Jamie (eldest daughter), Reed (only son), Katelyn and then Lauren hadn't been added yet:

Spoiler

1565704416_Screenshot2021-03-21at17_29_08.thumb.png.3ee1f8da4bd9d8bae0be88acea090a07.png

Spoiler

857697032_Screenshot2021-03-21at17_31_57.thumb.png.16de564af6ee21e18493be2d5a5abff0.png

Spoiler

251072175_Screenshot2021-03-21at17_32_18.thumb.png.cdf7759c3fe078573be0c10a3ea5e0c1.png

Spoiler

1621968619_Screenshot2021-03-21at17_32_25.thumb.png.2466aa6ea16662fc99f276706202c505.png

Spoiler

129559973_Screenshot2021-03-21at17_38_45.thumb.png.8ebceac6e5a067f8c783c52b0a63bb4c.png

Spoiler

1124712615_Screenshot2021-03-21at17_38_58.thumb.png.732da6ce383475fc8ca29f09a0b30243.png

Spoiler

247153262_Screenshot2021-03-21at18_08_46.thumb.png.fe27b1d7712276dc43ecbbed52660a20.png

Edited by Laura2730
  • Upvote 7
  • Thank You 9

When JD and Abbie got together, the Burnetts deleted their blog. When it was leaked that Jana is likely in a courtship with Stephen Wissmann, their blog quickly went private. Now that the cats out of the bag about Katey and Jed, the Nakatsus still haven’t deleted their blog or made it private. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 7

Someone connected to Katey, Dm;d WACB, Apparently the split was over religion The first wife was LDS and Katey's dad got upset when she joined an LDS church. It sounds like he was already involved with IBLP. Katey also does still has a relationship with her biological mom but I guess WACB source didn't mention what the extent of what it was. Or if she's involved with Katey and Jed's arrangement. And apparently, Jed and Katey is a total arranged relationship and very different from the other courtships that have gone on in the family and may be for financial reasons.

I can't say I am surprised that if the way these relationships are established has totally changed since what happen with Derek and Jill. That JB has only gotten stricter.

Edited by dawn9476
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 7

4 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

...Jed and Katey is a total arranged relationship and very different from the other courtships that have gone on in the family and may be for financial reasons.

I can't say I am surprised that if the way these relationships are established has totally changed since what happen with Derek and Jill. That JB has only gotten stricter.

If this is true it is very sad for both Katey and Jed. I cannot understand why Jed would want to enter such an arrangement especially when he has siblings who have married for love eg Joe and Kendra. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

56 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

Someone connected to Katey, Dm;d WACB, Apparently the split was over religion The first wife was LDS and Katey's dad got upset when she joined an LDS church. It sounds like he was already involved with IBLP. Katey also does still has a relationship with her biological mom but I guess WACB source didn't mention what the extent of what it was. Or if she's involved with Katey and Jed's arrangement. And apparently, Jed and Katey is a total arranged relationship and very different from the other courtships that have gone on in the family and may be for financial reasons.

Thanks crystal. 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

I wonder how the father got custody of the kids over their mom. It would be interesting to see see those documents but they are probably sealed.

• I Agree 4

16 minutes ago, dawn9476 said:

I wonder how the father got custody of the kids over their mom. It would be interesting to see see those documents but they are probably sealed.

If it was a religious issue, perhaps the older kids were LDS so stayed with mom, but the younger girls were IFB or whatever they were at that point, so stayed with dad? 

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

And apparently, Jed and Katey is a total arranged relationship and very different from the other courtships that have gone on in the family and may be for financial reasons.

What financial reasons? Jim Bob is worth 3.5 million, Katey's dad sold his house for 800 thousand. Who is marrying for money? Also this relatiinshio has been hinted at for a while. FJ sleuths did their job. Also WACB is not always correct or truthful. Parts of this may be true but other parts?....

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 8

2 minutes ago, bal maiden said:

If it was a religious issue, perhaps the older kids were LDS so stayed with mom, but the younger girls were IFB or whatever they were at that point, so stayed with dad? 

I think kory was stepdad and not bio dad to the older 2, so it makes sense they would stay with mom. No idea how he got primary custody of the other 2. Do we know for sure that he had custody? Could it have been joint custody and their mom just keeps a lower profile?

• Upvote 8

4 minutes ago, Johannah said:

I think kory was stepdad and not bio dad to the older 2, so it makes sense they would stay with mom. No idea how he got primary custody of the other 2. Do we know for sure that he had custody? Could it have been joint custody and their mom just keeps a lower profile?

Based on previous poster saying they had a relationship and the difference in religion, it may also be that the custody agreement was favorable to the dad if the mother had converted or returned to the LDS faith. Courts have strict rules on custody and religion - my father is Jewish and my mother had converted. She was required to provide a religious education even though he wasnt involved and she wasn't religious. 

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 1

8 hours ago, freethemall said:

I'm convinced this is all to make him a better political candidate.

Do any of you watch Veep? If you dont, you should. It reminds me when in a later season Jonah, now a Congressman, is told he has to have a wife to seem more viable, so they identify a few eligible maidens and he goes on dates immediately to get on the marriage fast track. Not sure which one is more of a goober, Jonah or Jed.

I could completely see that if they just went with the gorgeous engagement video — without the creepy voice over. I get that being seen as a religious, conservatives, happily married young family man is good for his image. But that is SO extra, that it seems like it would be off putting to any but the most extreme. So if it’s brand enhancement - maybe someone should tell him to dial it back to Joe/Kendra level. 

Also that was a hilarious part of VEEP

30 minutes ago, Johannah said:

That’s what I was thinking. The girls being on the blog, could just mean they are on the blog. It might not have been mom’s thing. So totally could have been shared custody. And if they aligned more with Dad’s religious views, maybe spending more time with him 

Edited by Mama Mia
  • Upvote 6

3 hours ago, dawn9476 said:

Apparently the split was over religion The first wife was LDS and Katey's dad got upset when she joined an LDS church.

That makes a lot of sense. Especially given that they live in Mesa (the most Mormon place in the Phoenix metro area- there's a temple there.)

This entire situation keeps getting stranger and stranger. Can't wait to see how they're going to spin the past three month's events on Counting On.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I suffered through that WOACB video. She said basically the same thing that @Marionettedid about the Caldwells and the Duggars splitting their church and being in a fight. According to her, Kendra and Joe were barely speaking to JB and Michelle for a while.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 9

I don't get the problem of the different religions of the parents regarding the custody agreement, I mean why should that be a problem? If mom is part of a church and dad of another until they both agreed on the custody what this has to do with the agreement? Can someone explain? 

Is it a problem even when the parents aren't divorced? Maybe it's just me but I know several people in my acquaintance in rich one of the parents is religious and the other not or not so much and there isn't any problem about the kids, in the meaning that the kids decided if they align more with one or the other and act consequently going to church or not with one or the other 

• Upvote 6

13 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I suffered through that WOACB video. She said basically the same thing that @Marionettedid about the Caldwells and the Duggars splitting their church and being in a fight. According to her, Kendra and Joe were barely speaking to JB and Michelle for a while.

With 19 offspring there’s bound to be lots of rifts. When JB is part of the equation, I can see that number continually rising.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 12

Oh someone please write an insider account of all this one day. It would be really interesting, and not just in a sensational, snarky way.

Aren't these people supposed to keep sweet and forgive and be charitable to one another—or at least pretend to do all that? It stuns me how petty and 'worldly' all the goings-on are, and I wonder how they explain that to themselves and others. The cognitive dissonance must be mind-bending.

Though I guess if the explanation for your beliefs and actions is always 'God' and he works in mysterious ways, then it's a blanket affirmation of whatever the hell you want to do.

Also—what is the view on Gothard's sex abuse scandal from within the ranks? Did it give anyone pause about the whole purity/patriarchy ideology they teach? I get that people within would defend it, but that outsiders like the Nakatsus know about it all and still choose IBLP/ATI as a way to ensure their family's happiness and holiness is confusing to me.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5

18 minutes ago, indianabones said:

I know WOACB is to be taken with a grain of salt, but I don’t know about the latter—it just seems like it would be hard to do since they both live in JB & M’s literal front yard. I mean, they were trying to move out, but Kendra’s parents took over their new house... According to the person who gave me most of this information about the church split & falling-out, the Caldwell parents still frequented the Duggars’ house and other families’ parties/gatherings despite being “on the outs” with JB. I was told it was awkward, and no one knew why they were coming around. 

ETA: I should clarify—the church split was only partially influenced by JB & Paul’s “fight,” but there is more to the story on the split. Apparently there were two charter member families that had disagreements with the Caldwells and were “disciplined” in front of the church and asked to leave. With this and JB asking Paul to close the church due to Covid, several families left. So really, the Caldwells were (if not still) on the outs with.... almost everyone.

Edited by Marionette
  • Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 22

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic