IGNORED

I'm a Reformed Person in VF/ATI circles. Ask Me Anything.

KnightInShiningAmore

• Replies 1.7k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Eclipse: Joyous Steadfast

Emmiedahl: Eager Abundance

MamaJunebug: Living Beauty

Patsy: Celestial Prudence

Wow, LilMiss, your generator is awesome! :D

Honor Zwingli. I have a distant maternal relative named Honor - she is Australian and pronounced it "Ah-na" -- so I shall be

Honor (ah-na) Zwingli, Lady of Chardonnay Spritzers.

Just had to say I love your name EmmieDahl!! Emily Elizabeth is the little girl with Clifford the Big Red Dog, which was always my favorite when I was little and now is one of my son's favorites

slh12280: Savonarola's Light

Funky Chicken: Corinthia Salvation

Emmyfair: Melanchthon Integrity

Marian the Librarian: er, Martin the Lutheran? (gives generator another kick)

Does Melanchthon fit? Since the 70's, the Presbys and Reformed Baptists have had a growing disdain for Lutheranism (which I don't exactly understand) which apparently was fostered at Westminster Theological Seminary in Philadelphia. Many aren't too hip on Lutherans.

Oooh! A bit of transgender naming - something to make our fundie lurkers sit up and take notice! :lol:

Does Melanchthon fit?

Oh, don't be difficult. :P But that reminds me...

Effie: Verity Westminster

Snarkyjan (by PM request) Justice Dabney

Guest Anonymous

Oh, don't be difficult. :P But that reminds me...

Effie: Verity Westminster

Snarkyjan (by PM request) Justice Dabney

Many thanks!

After a week of reading here and there for whatever length of time my brain could take it, I have finally reached the end of this thread. Holy crap, it has gone all over the place, hasn't it? Last week, when I started reading, I thought I had something to say. Yesterday, I thought I had something different to say. Now, I've forgotten it all and will just say this: I've learned a lot and changed my mind about nothing.

I'm still deathly allergic to cats so won't be getting a cat stroller. I don't like long fingernails and keep mine short so I don't have any color preferences for painting them since I don't pain them. Patriarchy, in any form, sucks and is damaging to all involved (the men as well as the women, as far as I'm concerned because no man deserves to be raised with an over inflated sense of himself or his worth, on this planet or in any marriage or other relationship he becomes a part of). I'm glad to hear that someone in the know thinks Peter Bradrick is as big of a jackass as I think he is; appearances are not always deceiving and I like that confirmation. Dougie is still Dougie and his motives for playing dress up and modifying history are the same as I've always understood them to be and wrapping them with a bow doesn't change that. I've never been a stay at home mom - I've never been a mom, period. Part of the progress made with feminism (which is rarely understood by those who cry out about its 'evils' and blah, blah, blah). I didn't have to have a baby when I got married. I got to choose whether to become the life source of another human being or not. It was not forced on me, by society or my ex husband or anyone else. I have a college degree that has done nothing for my career and I remain $40K in debt for it, but I wouldn't trade it for anything. I will have that debt until I die, paying it each month like I pay my rent. It's as normal a part of life as my electric bill. I got more out of that education than academics.

And finally, Knight has balls. He came into the fray knowing what he was doing. However it ended, he engaged and attempted to do it without throwing stones. Of course, his core values and beliefs are offensive to most here - most are here because of his core values. He gossiped about his friends, which makes him more human than most fundies who pretend they would never do such a thing, all the while doing exactly that as they vilify anyone who dares to question or contradict them (Lina, for instance, the poor thing). He played along the best he probably knew how to do. He answered a lot of questions - and they were coming fast in the early hours and days of this thread. I, for one, like the process of engaging with people who think and believe differently than I do. I think conversation opens doors. The obsession with keeping all opposing ideas and viewpoints out of life that so many fundies have is honestly one of my biggest peeves with them. He at least engaged with those he knows are absolutely, unquestionably different from him. I don't need to change anyone's mind but I do consider engaging in discussion to be a positive thing. It wasn't the kind of discussion where ideas are shared - there was a lot of defending and explaining, but at least that was happening instead of the dead silence or cries of persecution from most everyone else who thinks they'll say something in ten different ways and change everyone's mind and 'save' everyone here. No hit and run evangelizing, followed by 'you're all evil feminists and you're going to hell'. Anyway. I still disagree with everything Knight stands for and values as far as religion and life and his friend Dougie. But, I'm glad he came and engaged anyway.

With that, I promise (myself) that I will never open a thread I haven't read yet that has more than ten pages. Ever. A week to get through 79 pages is a form of crazy I don't wish to repeat.

Oh, and your usernames are fine, though you might not get a very personalized one. :P

Username: NurseNell

Elizabeth Madeline

Can't wait to see what names I get.

edited to add middle name instead of last name

:laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling::laughing-rolling:

Thank you!

I know I'm new, but I want an awesome VF/crazy person name!

Meghan Elizabeth Rose

Just wanted to say that I love your pic! Is that from the episode where they're like "he's so real looking (or life-like or whatever they said)"?

Other than that, I have nothing to add to the conversation except: I want a cat stroller (and a cat to put in it, but that is beside the point).

Just wanted to say that I love your pic! Is that from the episode where they're like "he's so real looking (or life-like or whatever they said)"?

Other than that, I have nothing to add to the conversation except: I want a cat stroller (and a cat to put in it, but that is beside the point).

Boogalou-- It is! I love MGG. Reid is my Fantasy TV Boyfriend. We're very happy together. :D

last_one_picked: Motivating Earthly Reform

And you really are the last one picked; I must stop procrastinating and get back to my novel. It's the new Grey's.

Here are a few freebies the generator would like to donate before dying, if anyone wants to co-opt them.

Repentance Heidelberg

Humility Cranmer

Lovely names for twin girls, I say. And how about Total Depravity for a little boy? Hahahahhahahahhahah okay sorry, I'm done.

last_one_picked: Motivating Earthly Reform

And you really are the last one picked; I must stop procrastinating and get back to my novel. It's the new Grey's.

Here are a few freebies the generator would like to donate before dying, if anyone wants to co-opt them.

Repentance Heidelberg

Humility Cranmer

Lovely names for twin girls, I say. And how about Total Depravity for a little boy? Hahahahhahahahhahah okay sorry, I'm done.

A valiant effort, Metaphor!

Hey, that's another good one, free to be had by another FJer in search of an epistemologically self-conscious name:

Valiant Effort

Archived