IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

26 minutes ago, JMO said:

She's absolutely vile.  If you are not going to use a highly effective form of BC "because Jesus" then you need to be able to love children and 'Let go and Let God' about when you have them and how many, and what sex they are.  Through the miracle of modern medicine I was able to have 2 kids.  But before #1 and between the 2 we purposefully used very effective BC because financially and honestly, psychologically we weren't ready to work on getting pregnant/having a kid.  She very clearly should have a small brood.  She hates toddlers and finds babies cute but a lot of work.  She needs to cut herself off.  

Spoiled rotten and catered to immediately come to mind. Mommy dearest in her level of detachment. For the sake of all involved stop reproducing!

If the kids aren’t currently useful to her (babysitting, cooking or cleaning for the oldest kids) or garnering her attention (cute babies, especially twins), she has no interest in them ( cue Theo, Honor and Shiloh). She is pathological-

Edited by SassyPants
  • Upvote 15

1 hour ago, JMO said:

She's absolutely vile.  If you are not going to use a highly effective form of BC "because Jesus" then you need to be able to love children and 'Let go and Let God' about when you have them and how many, and what sex they are.  Through the miracle of modern medicine I was able to have 2 kids.  But before #1 and between the 2 we purposefully used very effective BC because financially and honestly, psychologically we weren't ready to work on getting pregnant/having a kid.  She very clearly should have a small brood.  She hates toddlers and finds babies cute but a lot of work.  She needs to cut herself off.  

To be fair, even effective birth control can fail. Even "highly effective" IUDS can dislodge or otherwise fail. But yeah, if you're not willing to even contemplate another, you need to get something that is unlikely to fail.

• Upvote 4

37 minutes ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

To be fair, even effective birth control can fail. Even "highly effective" IUDS can dislodge or otherwise fail. But yeah, if you're not willing to even contemplate another, you need to get something that is unlikely to fail.

Shaun needs a snip. Pretty reliable. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 8
  • Thank You 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She always references how much she and Shaun dig each other, and alludes to the fact that’s why they have all those kids. It’s as if she can’t comprehend that people have sex for reasons other than procreation. Maybe someone should tell her that Jesus doesn’t care. Jesus only really cares that you treat your children kindly. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

4 hours ago, SassyPants said:

She always references how much she and Shaun dig each other, and alludes to the fact that’s why they have all those kids. 

Abbie might say that her and Shaun get along but recently made an entire post all about how they're barely beginning to work together. She talked about different ways they've been unkind and selfish and how it's been an ongoing struggle. They may be compatible in bed and Shaun may not care how many kids they have, but I don't believe for a minute that his continuous business trips aren't because he's trying to get away from Abbie's madhouse. She brings a level of high strung anxiety to virtually everything. Her constant diatribes about pressing forward and finding motherhood sanctifying come across as barely contained anger and unhappiness. I mean, anyone who's actually happy with life doesn't spend hours online trying to convince others of it. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 12

My husband always jokes about the contrived storylines on the families with multiples shows on tlc: “today we *have* to take the sextuplets to the snow globe museum”

Abbie could have built a home that is baby and toddler friendly and could have structured their life so that sick kiddos do not get drug on vacations. 

She wants her cake and to eat it too. Orrrr she wants her front door photo filled with cute kids for the gram and her anthro rugs on slippery floors. 

• Upvote 17
  • Love 2

10 hours ago, theotherelise said:

My husband always jokes about the contrived storylines on the families with multiples shows on tlc: “today we *have* to take the sextuplets to the snow globe museum”

Abbie could have built a home that is baby and toddler friendly and could have structured their life so that sick kiddos do not get drug on vacations. 

She wants her cake and to eat it too. Orrrr she wants her front door photo filled with cute kids for the gram and her anthro rugs on slippery floors. 

When I had two little kids, I made my life as simple as possible. All my breakable Knick knacks were put away. All my extra decorative pillows that my toddler loved to throw around were put away. The toy bin with tiny pieces that my toddler kept tipping over was put up high so he had to ask for it. I rearranged furniture for maximum safety. I bought leather furniture because that’s way easier to clean spills.

My house is now different because I don’t have toddlers anymore. I can now have breakable things out since they are old enough not to mess with them. I arranged the furniture the way I like. Not the way is best for toddlers. Since Braggie always has a toddler, she just needs to arrange her house in a toddler friendly way. It would make her life easier. But then what would she be a martyr about? 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

When I had two little kids, I made my life as simple as possible. All my breakable Knick knacks were put away. All my extra decorative pillows that my toddler loved to throw around were put away. The toy bin with tiny pieces that my toddler kept tipping over was put up high so he had to ask for it. I rearranged furniture for maximum safety. I bought leather furniture because that’s way easier to clean spills.

My house is now different because I don’t have toddlers anymore. I can now have breakable things out since they are old enough not to mess with them. I arranged the furniture the way I like. Not the way is best for toddlers. Since Braggie always has a toddler, she just needs to arrange her house in a toddler friendly way. It would make her life easier. But then what would she be a martyr about? 

That she had to arrange her house and life to be compatible with toddlers obviously. ?

I totally agree with you. I have a toddler and have things arranged differently than I would when she gets older. Abbie is an idiot.

• Upvote 4

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Oh, I'm not arguing that they shouldn't stop the baby train permanently. Parentified kids, not maintaining basic hygiene, unable to keep up with her toddler on a regular basis: they are not in a good situation! Add in that non-childproofed funhouse and it's scary. 

Mostly just devil's advocate, since even stuff like vasectomies/tubal ligation can possibly fail. Less likely to, but can.

• Upvote 4

I can't remember who said it, but someone mentioned that when she talks her face doesn't move. I looked at her Instagram stories today and that's all I could notice! It was very creepy.

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 4
  • Thank You 1

2 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

I can't remember who said it, but someone mentioned that when she talks her face doesn't move. I looked at her Instagram stories today and that's all I could notice! It was very creepy.

Do you think it’s Botox? I’m not good at spotting Botox so I wouldn’t know if I looked. I’ve thought about getting Botox but I’m afraid of not being able to move a lot of my face. 

4 minutes ago, Cat Damon said:

Do you think it’s Botox? I’m not good at spotting Botox so I wouldn’t know if I looked. I’ve thought about getting Botox but I’m afraid of not being able to move a lot of my face. 

• Upvote 3

4 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Honestly, I'm not sure? I'm not great at spotting it either (I usually can spot when someone has had their lips done but not anything else) so I went back and looked without the volume and it's just so creepy. I don't know if it's Botox or she just literally has no emotions about anything and has completely checked out. Even when she smiles it never ever reaches her eyes.

• Upvote 6

She has Charles Manson crazy eyes. I always thought she had a flat affect too, which can accompany lack of facial movement.

• Upvote 5

I’m going to display today’s BEC moment, but please read until the end of my comment. 1) I am silently judgmental of wealthy or worldly parents who do not  seem to treat  the orthodontic or dermatological needs of their kids. The H’s would fit in this category. They have the money to buy fancy wall and appliance paper as well as a billion Anthro items, they certainly could meet their kids medical and dental needs. Second, I use to feel badly for Della as she appeared to be A’s clone, but after that Q and A, I’ve changed my opinion. She seems like a really sweet and grounded young girl. I think I let her appearance affect my opinion. Abbie is just sharp and harsh, both in appearance, presentation and tongue.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 2

11 hours ago, NotQuiteMotY said:

Oh, I'm not arguing that they shouldn't stop the baby train permanently. Parentified kids, not maintaining basic hygiene, unable to keep up with her toddler on a regular basis: they are not in a good situation! Add in that non-childproofed funhouse and it's scary. 

Mostly just devil's advocate, since even stuff like vasectomies/tubal ligation can possibly fail. Less likely to, but can.

And yet her followers totally ignore this situation and praise her as a great mother. It's just beyond me.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

19 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

That was me.  I can't watch her talk any more, it totally creeps me out.  She's robotic but in a very unsettling way, like there is extreme rage bubbling under the surface and she's holding it in.  I also know she luuuvvvs using filters, so that could be part of it also.

• Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1

21 hours ago, Cat Damon said:

I sometimes wonder if she is one of those people who just try to keep their faces very still and limit their facial expressions out of fear of wrinkles. I doubt she would do Botox; it's not exactly in line with the whole essential oils thing. She uses a non-toxic cleaner even on her fridge. I think she generally cares about what she puts into her body (when she's not sidelined by croissants). In some of the stories you can see the lines on her face when the light hits her differently, so maybe it's also just clever lighting or a filter. But yeah they are very creepy to look at!

• Upvote 4

2 hours ago, The butcher's wife said:

I think she generally cares about what she puts into her body (when she's not sidelined by croissants).

And Chick-fil-a, and giant Dr. Pepper Icees.  I think she WANTS people to think she cares about what she puts in her body, but she eats an average amount of junk.

• Upvote 7

1 minute ago, danvillebelle said:

And Chick-fil-a, and giant Dr. Pepper Icees.  I think she WANTS people to think she cares about what she puts in her body, but she eats an average amount of junk.

I think she cares about her looks more than her health. I imagine she works out and tries to eat right because she has an intense fear of being fat. And not that worried about her overall health. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

13 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I think she cares about her looks more than her health. I imagine she works out and tries to eat right because she has an intense fear of being fat. And not that worried about her overall health. 

Like most people exiting their 30’s, she and her body have aged. I think the constant pregnancies have accelerated the process. You can’t exercise away an unhealthy diet or the aging process. If you look at pictures from her past, you can really see the difference. Plus she does not come from naturally thin genes. She’s average, like most people. That fact would likely piss her off more than anything else.

• Upvote 3

7 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Like most people exiting their 30’s, she and her body have aged. I think the constant pregnancies have accelerated the process. You can’t exercise away an unhealthy diet or the aging process. If you look at pictures from her past, you can really see the difference. Plus she does not come from naturally thin genes. She’s average, like most people. That fact would likely piss her off more than anything else.

I’m very similar in age to Braggie. I have aged so much in the last few years. I blame it on my youngest (not to him of course) but it’s probably also just the natural aging process taking place. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

BEC because I'm in a bitchy mood: this past Sunday pic is one of the most unflattering of Braggie I've ever seen.  That dress is NOT doing her any favors; her boobs look smashed and the huge print doesn't suit her.  And she's wearing the hairstyle (if you can call it that) that makes her head look 10 miles long.  And the company she bought (or was probably gifted for IG exposure) the dresses from is run by Mormons.  Tsk tsk Braggie, your hypocrisy is showing again. :naughty:

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

On 6/15/2021 at 11:49 PM, ophelia said:

And yet her followers totally ignore this situation and praise her as a great mother. It's just beyond me.

Probably the same types who praise Trump for being a good president.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

5 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Probably the same types who praise Trump for being a good president.

I know, I know - but the mental gymnastics behind a mindset like that are just imcomprehensible for me.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

On 6/15/2021 at 7:23 PM, Cat Damon said:

Botox?

On 6/16/2021 at 8:20 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I’m very similar in age to Braggie. I have aged so much in the last few years. I blame it on my youngest (not to him of course) but it’s probably also just the natural aging process taking place. 

For me, changes started softly at 40 and are becoming more noticeable at 44. Gym,diet, good beauty products, etc help, BUT age is age. Stress is another aging factor and, frankly, if I lived with 10 kids I would look twenty years older!

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic