IGNORED

M is for Mama 10: Another Narcissist Another Day

Coconut Flan

I was reading some articles about Anthro a few weeks ago and laughing out loud at some places where their marketers were describing their Anthro customer.  Braggie and her ilk are exactly who they are targeting, and they nail them, hook, line and sinker.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

Braggie has the vapors over the (ADORABLE AND LIFE-AFFIRMING) Blues Clues Pride Parade show.  Be vigilant, mamas, or the crazy libs will try to turn your kids into gayz!  

With 10 kids, the chances that one or more of them are LGBTQ+ are pretty damn high.  If any are, here's hoping they can hang on with some semblance of themselves till they can escape. 

II've seen the Blue Clues Pride Parade. Getting upset over that is some next level snowflake-ness. It literally just lists out a bunch of gender identities and sexual orientations (including many that rarely or never get representation) with a cartoon animals wearing their respective pride flags. That's it. There's no kissing. No explicit descriptions. It's just saying hey, these people exist. But of course to conservatives even acknowledging the existence of people who aren't cishet is political.

210497436_ScreenShot2021-06-09at8_44_36AM.png.300df69b1d7fff858ccd95f7eabf620c.png

Does anyone know what the other things she's talking about are? I'm afraid to google.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1

The masturbation instructions thing happened at the Dalton School in NY, which is a tony 50K a year school.  So Braggie couldn't afford it anyway.  It was an approved part of their sex ed course, and some parents flipped out.  

Y'all - I just found the title to her upcoming book.  "M is for Mama: A Rebellion Against Mediocre Motherhood"

SHE CANNOT BE SERIOUS WITH THAT BULLSHIT.  She is the most mediocre mother on the internet!  I can't stop laughing. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 14
  • I Agree 1

BTW, Wal Mart has plenty of pride merch also.  Singing to the tune of the Bay City Rollers... H Y P O C R I T -E!

• Upvote 4

Sorry but kids masturbate. They often figure it out on their own. It’s not a big deal at all. You basically just tell them it’s ok but it’s private. Like going to the bathroom or getting dressed. You can do it in private and it’s fine. 

• Upvote 17
  • I Agree 3

9 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Sorry but kids masturbate. They often figure it out on their own. It’s not a big deal at all. You basically just tell them it’s ok but it’s private. Like going to the bathroom or getting dressed. You can do it in private and it’s fine. 

I have since looked up what the video says and that's basically it. It tells kids the proper names of their body parts and that it's ok to touch yourself but it's private. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 8

Well with the teen boys gone, she shipped the middle 4 kids to her ILs and she, the 3 littlest and Mama Della are shopping in Dallas. Poor Della-

• Upvote 4

not gonna lie, I wouldn't want my child being taught about masturbation in first grade. certainly exploration at that age is natural and I'm all for using appropriate names and helping children understand they have autonomy over their body. I looked at the comic from dalton and I wouldn't want that taught to a six year old. but it's absolutely not being taught in public schools and it's one single school that just got moral panic headlines. and it has nothing to do with pride or blues clues! 

no idea what she's talking about with the supposed video where an adult tries to tell a kid that they're trans. that sounds fake. fundies are in such a panic that millions of little girls are being convinced they're trans and just getting HRT on a whim. that's not happening.

• Upvote 7

2 hours ago, theotherelise said:

not gonna lie, I wouldn't want my child being taught about masturbation in first grade. certainly exploration at that age is natural and I'm all for using appropriate names and helping children understand they have autonomy over their body. I looked at the comic from dalton and I wouldn't want that taught to a six year old. but it's absolutely not being taught in public schools and it's one single school that just got moral panic headlines. and it has nothing to do with pride or blues clues! 

no idea what she's talking about with the supposed video where an adult tries to tell a kid that they're trans. that sounds fake. fundies are in such a panic that millions of little girls are being convinced they're trans and just getting HRT on a whim. that's not happening.

Of all the things to fixate about… How about all these religious, vocally to the point of being beyond obnoxious, pro lifers start thinking/worrying about the rampant gun violence in our country. I hate the copper penny approach. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

She included Della in her WWKW this week. Della seems like a lovely and bright young girl, unlike Abbie's voice I really like hers. Lots of erms during her answers but she's only 10 and I know plenty of adults who still do this. Some of her answers were obviously a bit generic; her favourite thing to do with her parents and siblings (I think the person asking the question probably wanted to know what she loves doing with those groups respectively, not all of them together) is being at home and playing games like Taboo and Pictionary. Her hobbies are writing (poems and books) and drawing. What she likes best about having 9 siblings is always having someone to play with and she thinks she would feel less loved in a smaller family (that one made me feel kind of sad; less people don't equal less love but how would she know?). What she likes about Abbie is that she spends time with her kids individually and knows what they like, giving the example of taking her on this trip. When she grows up, she wants to be a photographer and have a farm because she loves animals. 

• Upvote 5
  • Eyeroll 1
  • Thank You 2

6 hours ago, The butcher's wife said:

She included Della in her WWKW this week. Della seems like a lovely and bright young girl, unlike Abbie's voice I really like hers. Lots of erms during her answers but she's only 10 and I know plenty of adults who still do this. Some of her answers were obviously a bit generic; her favourite thing to do with her parents and siblings (I think the person asking the question probably wanted to know what she loves doing with those groups respectively, not all of them together) is being at home and playing games like Taboo and Pictionary. Her hobbies are writing (poems and books) and drawing. What she likes best about having 9 siblings is always having someone to play with and she thinks she would feel less loved in a smaller family (that one made me feel kind of sad; less people don't equal less love but how would she know?). What she likes about Abbie is that she spends time with her kids individually and knows what they like, giving the example of taking her on this trip. When she grows up, she wants to be a photographer and have a farm because she loves animals. 

I agree. Della present as articulate and likable.

• Upvote 4

On 6/10/2021 at 4:14 AM, The butcher's wife said:

This seems to be very common among larger families, especially among religious people. Was her mother less loved, because Abbie grew up in smaller family? Probably, according to Abbie. 

• Upvote 5

18 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

This seems to be very common among larger families, especially among religious people. Was her mother less loved, because Abbie grew up in smaller family? Probably, according to Abbie. 

Braggie grew up completely differently because she was one of two. She got almost all of her mom’s attention. She got a decent education. She got alone time. She didn’t have to raise siblings. And that all means she was able to graduate at 16 and head to college. None of that would have been possible if she was the oldest of 100. But she would never admit that. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

On 6/9/2021 at 6:51 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Braggie let’s her kids watch tv but I believe she uses vidangel. Which sanitizes tv shows and movies. But when she talks about watching tv, it’s always sounds like shows SHE wants to watch. Which is unsurprising since she’s a self centered princess. So the kids watch Monk and the great British baking show. Because she likes those shows.

That's really funny to me because there are gay candidates in all seasons of the Great British Baking Show. Obviously that's not the subject of the show, but there's always some background on the home lives of the bakers and they definitely mention and show the partners, and sometimes you even see them kiss (gasp). Apparently that's not an issue for Abbie because...? Oh yeah, because she wants to keep watching the show and she's a hypocrite. What else is new.

• Upvote 13

32 minutes ago, JillyO said:

That's really funny to me because there are gay candidates in all seasons of the Great British Baking Show. Obviously that's not the subject of the show, but there's always some background on the home lives of the bakers and they definitely mention and show the partners, and sometimes you even see them kiss (gasp). Apparently that's not an issue for Abbie because...? Oh yeah, because she wants to keep watching the show and she's a hypocrite. What else is new.

I agree. She wants to watch it so she won’t boycott it. She only boycotts the really easy stuff that doesn’t affect her. Like Target. 

I am going back to what I said earlier about her graduating at 16. She got lots of attention and help from her mother so she could graduate early. I have a feeling Braggie will push Ezra extremely hard to graduate early because she will see it as HER accomplishment, not his. She will want to brag so hard and loud about his graduating early. But he will be doing all the work. She won’t help him at all. She will be way too busy wallpapering and taking selfies.

• Upvote 7

Does anybody know about this hoof and mouth disease Shiloh was supposed to have?
She says recently it was a serious case and it was a miracle none of the other children got it.
I don't understand why you'd take so sick a child on vacation for any reason, including you can't cancel your tickets/reservations. It seems like she has it in for Shiloh, who is begging for attention, poor little thing. She was nursing the twins when he looked her in the eye, stripped off his diaper and pooped on the LR rug. He's always having negative attention meltdowns and as mentioned, she's amazingly mean to him. What's going on?

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

24 minutes ago, purejuice said:

Does anybody know about this hoof and mouth disease Shiloh was supposed to have?

Here's some info from the Mayo Clinic about hand, foot, and mouth disease.

https://www.mayoclinic.org/diseases-conditions/hand-foot-and-mouth-disease/symptoms-causes/syc-20353035?utm_source=Google&utm_medium=abstract&utm_content=Hand-foot-and-mouth-disease&utm_campaign=Knowledge-panel

Different from foot-and-mouth disease

Hand-foot-and-mouth disease isn't related to foot-and-mouth disease (sometimes called hoof-and-mouth disease), which is an infectious viral disease found in farm animals. You can't contract hand-foot-and-mouth disease from pets or other animals, and you can't transmit it to them.

Also important:

Isolate contagious people.

Because hand-foot-and-mouth disease is highly contagious, people with the illness should limit their exposure to others while they have active signs and symptoms. Keep children with hand-foot-and-mouth disease out of child care or school until fever is gone and mouth sores have healed. If you have the illness, stay home from work.

Yet another Abbie parenting fail.

• Upvote 14

Yeah—my family had never heard of hand-foot-and-mouth disease until my sister caught it from her elementary school students, and it was horrible.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2

She really is a horrible parent. And yet she will probably have another baby in a year or two. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2

7 hours ago, purejuice said:

It seems like she has it in for Shiloh, who is begging for attention, poor little thing. She was nursing the twins when he looked her in the eye, stripped off his diaper and pooped on the LR rug. He's always having negative attention meltdowns and as mentioned, she's amazingly mean to him. What's going on?

What's going on is that he's a typical energetic, curious toddler, and Braggie simply doesn't have time for that.  She mentioned yet again in the last couple of days that he "gets into everything" and it obviously irks her to no end.  Well yes, Einstein, when you live in a giant house full of colorful decor, a 2-year old IS going to generally go after it all, particularly when you aren't paying any attention to him 99% of the time. Then there's completely forgotten Theo, who after a brief mention a few months ago has disappeared again.  Of all her kids, she mentions him and photographs him the absolute least.  

Adding...I think that in general, she's not terribly fond of little boys and is pissed she had 5 in a row.  

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 2

19 minutes ago, danvillebelle said:

What's going on is that he's a typical energetic, curious toddler, and Braggie simply doesn't have time for that.  She mentioned yet again in the last couple of days that he "gets into everything" and it obviously irks her to no end.  Well yes, Einstein, when you live in a giant house full of colorful decor, a 2-year old IS going to generally go after it all, particularly when you aren't paying any attention to him 99% of the time. Then there's completely forgotten Theo, who after a brief mention a few months ago has disappeared again.  Of all her kids, she mentions him and photographs him the absolute least.  

Adding...I think that in general, she's not terribly fond of little boys and is pissed she had 5 in a row.  

Just imagine how pissy she will be when the twins are toddlers. She will hate them even more than Shiloh.

• Upvote 15
  • Sad 4

Just now, JermajestyDuggar said:

Just imagine how pissy she will be when the twins are toddlers. She will hate them even more than Shiloh.

But there will be a shiny new baby by then, with the accompanying martyrdom pregnancy leading up to it. 

• Upvote 4
  • Sad 4
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

I mean she basically admitted to that in Titus and Toby's pregnancy announcement 

In less than a week, we had the results. And it was…ANOTHER BOY!!

I would love to tell you that I immediately surrendered to the Lord’s will with joy and thanksgiving. But that’s just not true. I cried.

I type this knowing full well that someone (maybe many someones) will judge me for my response. “Why do you care about gender? Every baby is a blessing! How can you think like this??”

The answer: I don’t usually. Totally agree. And I can think like this because I haven’t been perfected yet, and sometimes, I let my emotions get the better of me.

Because that’s really what was happening: conscious or not, my emotional reasoning went a little something like, “Lord, if I have to be pregnant when I don’t find it convenient to be, you at least owe me a little girl.”

Truth be told, Shaun and I were both a little sad. Briefly. But then, we got over it. And life went on.

It's a good thing she typed this all up and put it on the internet. That way when the boys are older they can read about how much of a disappointment they already were to their mother before they were even born. That is of course assuming she doesn't say this to their faces, which I could also see happening.

Edited by TuringMachine
  • Upvote 6
  • Sad 7
  • WTF 1

Such a hypocrite. She spent 2 full days biotching about people who complain about teens, yet she bitches about toddlers, allthedamntime. I can’t help but hope those girls are the bitchiest teens ever. 

4 hours ago, danvillebelle said:

But there will be a shiny new baby by then, with the accompanying martyrdom pregnancy leading up to it. 

That makes her even more bitchy about the toddler behavior.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

She's absolutely vile.  If you are not going to use a highly effective form of BC "because Jesus" then you need to be able to love children and 'Let go and Let God' about when you have them and how many, and what sex they are.  Through the miracle of modern medicine I was able to have 2 kids.  But before #1 and between the 2 we purposefully used very effective BC because financially and honestly, psychologically we weren't ready to work on getting pregnant/having a kid.  She very clearly should have a small brood.  She hates toddlers and finds babies cute but a lot of work.  She needs to cut herself off.  

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic