IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 9: Biden Wins Again And Continues Building An Administration

GreyhoundFan

Got this today. 
39416D66-BE01-4506-8AF7-E9F950073042.thumb.jpeg.6c9d6a8c40a95b9bc8df77f7140352fb.jpeg
Were there 13 more Presidents between yesterday and today?  

• Upvote 6

Two term presidents have had two inaugural committees, one for each term. I'm guessing there were no formal committees early on.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 6

26 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Two term presidents have had two inaugural committees, one for each term. I'm guessing there were no formal committees early on.

Ok good point. Thank you!  I was thinking typo or that Fuckmuppet and a bunch of other people quit. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

18 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

drunk thousands of gallons of the orange koolaid, spiked heavily with bleach. "Once friends, Biden calls Lindsey Graham ‘a personal disappointment’ for

I still believe Mafia Don has something on a lot of these guys (old white men like himself) to keep them in line. I hope it comes out and they all go down in flames. Let me hold on to my dream because I had a shitty week (broke my wrist and need surgery). It would make my cold bitter heart dance with joy to see them make a hard, hard fall into prison. I wonder if Santa can arrange this? Along with a special place in purgatory for McTurtle and an extra special place for Mafia Don and his family & enablers (that I may have missed) with a super extra place for Jared and Coke son (jr).

Biden has a lot if work to do but he has a smart VP and cabinet. I am going to clap my hands like they do in Elf because I believe in them.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 7

1 hour ago, WiseGirl said:

I still believe Mafia Don has something on a lot of these guys (old white men like himself) to keep them in line. I hope it comes out and they all go down in flames. Let me hold on to my dream because I had a shitty week (broke my wrist and need surgery). It would make my cold bitter heart dance with joy to see them make a hard, hard fall into prison. I wonder if Santa can arrange this? Along with a special place in purgatory for McTurtle and an extra special place for Mafia Don and his family & enablers (that I may have missed) with a super extra place for Jared and Coke son (jr).

I think you're right.  My feeling is that Putin has been spying for quite some time and had info that he's fed to Donald.  That meeting that Trump had with Lindsay Graham got Graham to start being an excellent lap dog.  He's bound to have dirt on Mitch as well.  The only thing is that Mitch is smarter and has played this game longer.  If Trump tries to blackmail him, Mitch probably has something even worse that's he's holding onto about Trump.  I doubt this works with McConnell.

I have read a couple of articles about concern about voting machines from our side.  They wonder why the ES&S machines used in SC and KY weren't looked at more closely.  After all, the polls had both Lindsay and Mitch trailing.   Also, the down ballot items were more often Democratic winners with, oddly enough, a vote at the top for a Republican senator.   Now, it's possible that the polls are again very wrong but it got me thinking.  Why would Trump immediately decide to blame voting systems?  Could it be that they also used them (or planned to use them) to cheat and can't believe that he lost anyway?  Of course, it that was the case, Mitch couldn't afford to get behind Donald on investigating voting because that would open up investigations in KY.  Purely speculation. 

But I strongly feel that Trump has blackmail material on a lot of people.

Edited by Xan
  • Upvote 12
  • Love 5

3 hours ago, Xan said:

If Trump tries to blackmail him, Mitch probably has something even worse that's he's holding onto about Trump.  I doubt this works with McConnell.

I'm not so sure if it's not working with McConnell. They are odd bedfellows with different wants and needs. McConnell was very much against Trump's candidacy -- until he wasn't. I don't believe it's out of expediency or some sort of co-dependency either. In fact, I tend to believe they are both being blackmailed. Instead of blackmailing each other, I think it's a third party (or parties) doing the blackmailing. Remember that the Russians didn't only get into the DNC in 2016, they hacked the RNC too. They must have gotten hold of a veritable hoard of information with which to blackmail a lot of the Republicans, McConnell and Graham included. And that's why they suddenly all got behind Trump's candidacy.

3 hours ago, Xan said:

I have read a couple of articles about concern about voting machines from our side.  They wonder why the ES&S machines used in SC and KY weren't looked at more closely.  After all, the polls had both Lindsay and Mitch trailing.   Also, the down ballot items were more often Democratic winners with, oddly enough, a vote at the top for a Republican senator.   Now, it's possible that the polls are again very wrong but it got me thinking.  Why would Trump immediately decide to blame voting systems?  Could it be that they also used them (or planned to use them) to cheat and can't believe that he lost anyway?  Of course, it that was the case, Mitch couldn't afford to get behind Donald on investigating voting because that would open up investigations in KY.  Purely speculation. 

I disagree with the bolded statement. Yes, it's speculation. But it's not purely so. There is good reason to believe you might have a point here (in fact, I've been thinking along these lines myself). Because it's a well established fact that Trump always accuses others of what he is doing himself. So if there was any hacking and voter fraud going on, it was for him and for the GOP, not against them. I think one of the reasons he is so incredibly upset at losing is the fact that he believed the fix was in for him. And then the turnout was so exceptionally high that a blue wave happened and his fix didn't work. 

Rather wild speculation on my part: that high number of Trump voters is possibly not accurate, and part of the fix for Trump.

3 hours ago, Xan said:

But I strongly feel that Trump has blackmail material on a lot of people.

I could not agree with you more. He has (or has access to) a lot of blackmail material. It's why he won't say anything bad about the Russians in general and Putin in particular. He's being blackmailed himself, but he's also getting the goods on others. That meeting with Graham that you mentioned is a good example. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

20 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

I could not agree with you more. He has (or has access to) a lot of blackmail material. It's why he won't say anything bad about the Russians in general and Putin in particular. He's being blackmailed himself, but he's also getting the goods on others. That meeting with Graham that you mentioned is a good example. 

I have a little daydream occasionally that Putin gets fed up and spills the beans about everybody.  There's mass chaos and major fingerpointing in DC but then the MAGA morons might finally slink away.  I think we'd all be surprised at the amount of theft and the number of crimes committed by people at the top.  We might at least get a bit of the swamp emptied that way.  Yeah -- it's a sad little daydream.

• Upvote 12
  • Love 2

Refucklicans eating their own once again 

On Thursday, Donald Trump and QAnon supporting attorney Lin Wood posted a series of tweets attacking Chief Justice John Roberts in the wake of the Supreme Court's decision to throw out yet another bid to overturn the election results.

Among some of the tweets posted by Wood, who has an abbreviation of the QAnon slogan "where he go one we go all" in his Twitter bio, included an unsubstantiated claim that Roberts had a phonecall last year with Justice Stephen Breyer suggesting that he would "make sure" Trump lost the election.

While there is indeed a "John Roberts" listed on page 562 of the Epstein documents which show his flight logs, there is no other indication that it is the Supreme Court judge except for fact they share what is a very common name.

• WTF 3
  • Thank You 8

Don't forget about Mitch McConnel's wife, Sec. of Transportation Elaine Chao, who is part of an immensely wealthy Chinese family that owns and operates a shipping company.  I don't think investigators will have to dig very deep to find some corruption and favorable treatment related to that. 

• Upvote 14
  • Love 1

6 hours ago, Xan said:

I think we'd all be surprised at the amount of theft and the number of crimes committed by people at the top.

To be honest, I'm not sure how big it would have to be to surprise me. I've seen a lot of corruption, just by paying attention in various jobs I've had in the hospitality industry and non-profit world. I also worked with people in education and politics and it just doesn't seem like many people care at all about ethics in any sector. 

Furthermore, with some of the stuff that's been released, like the Panama Papers and some of the stuff on Epstein, it's just bizarre to me. If that is the stuff that's coming out, what else is out there? 

I don't know if this story has been linked yet, but it explains some of the discrepancies in Kentucky. https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/why-the-numbers-behind-mitch-mcconnells-re-election-dont-add-up/

• WTF 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 4

12 hours ago, WiseGirl said:

I still believe Mafia Don has something on a lot of these guys (old white men like himself) to keep them in line. I hope it comes out and they all go down in flames.

I think Putin definitely has some dirt on Trump (even if it's just holding all of his debt), but I think the McConnells/Grahams/et als. might not be the victims of blackmail.

I think they just know if they break with Trump, they split the Republican party, and basically ensure liberal victories for the next four or five election cycles as conservatives try to rebuild a cohesive party. They also would lose re-election since both come from fairly pro-MAGA areas. 

• Upvote 10

On 12/19/2020 at 8:41 AM, 47of74 said:

Got this today. 
39416D66-BE01-4506-8AF7-E9F950073042.thumb.jpeg.6c9d6a8c40a95b9bc8df77f7140352fb.jpeg
Were there 13 more Presidents between yesterday and today?  

How many times has Biden won again now?

5 hours ago, Maggie Mae said:

To be honest, I'm not sure how big it would have to be to surprise me. I've seen a lot of corruption, just by paying attention in various jobs I've had in the hospitality industry and non-profit world. I also worked with people in education and politics and it just doesn't seem like many people care at all about ethics in any sector. 

Furthermore, with some of the stuff that's been released, like the Panama Papers and some of the stuff on Epstein, it's just bizarre to me. If that is the stuff that's coming out, what else is out there? 

I don't know if this story has been linked yet, but it explains some of the discrepancies in Kentucky. https://www.rawstory.com/2020/12/why-the-numbers-behind-mitch-mcconnells-re-election-dont-add-up/

Seriously, this both is both appalling and astounding to me. It should be being investigated, and very thoroughly - and if it turns out that there has been fraud the people involved need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of law possible. 

It astounds me mostly because Every. Single. Time. Trump accuses his perceived enemies of doing something... it turns out to be a really good place to look for dirt on him and his allies.

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 9

@Ozlsn — two term presidents have two inaugurations, each with an official committee, so there are more inaugural committees than presidents. 

Edited by GreyhoundFan
Edited for riffles
  • Upvote 4

18 hours ago, Xan said:

then the MAGA morons might finally slink away

They may slink away but their hatred will still be there bubbling under the surface ready to rise to the top again when the next 45 like asshole comes around. Maybe we are better off splitting into Jesusland  and US of Canada. I believe Jesusland would have trouble financially. 

18 hours ago, Xan said:

have a little daydream occasionally that Putin gets fed up and spills the beans about everybody. 

Me too.  Then maybe the nightmare will be over.

• Upvote 9

7 hours ago, Ozlsn said:

Seriously, this both is both appalling and astounding to me. It should be being investigated, and very thoroughly - and if it turns out that there has been fraud the people involved need to be prosecuted to the fullest extent of law possible.

Sorry to beat this dead horse once again but I think voter suppression and electoral fraud should be put in to the Constitution as the very worst crimes one can commit and named as capital crimes.

• Upvote 2
  • Move Along 1
  • I Agree 2

17 minutes ago, 47of74 said:

Sorry to beat this dead horse once again but I think voter suppression and electoral fraud should be put in to the Constitution as the very worst crimes one can commit and named as capital crimes.

Although I am vehemently against capital punishment, I do agree voter suppression and electoral fraud should be criminal offenses with high sentences and zero chances of bail outs.

I do wonder though, doesn’t the Constitution already state something about free and fair elections? Wouldn’t that already be basis enough to litigate? After all, voter suppression is anything but fair. And I’m sure there are laws against fraud, electoral or otherwise, already in place as well.

As to gerrymandering (which you don’t specifically mention but I’m sure is implied) arguments can be made to prove its unfairness as well.

So, maybe the tools Americans need are already in the toolbox, somebody just has to start using them.

• Upvote 11
  • Love 1

For anyone who doesn't follow Red State Rustler on FB, he just posted what's been on my mind for a while now, but couldn't put into words.

No, Biden’s rallies weren’t bigger. No, you didn’t see many Biden flags on houses or Biden bumper stickers on cars. No, you don’t know a single person on your street or at your church who supports Biden. But guess what? We’re here.

Biden’s rallies were small because people who live in reality don’t want to expose themselves to the virus you continue to downplay or deny. We don’t fly Biden flags because we don’t want our houses burned down. We don’t put Biden bumper stickers on our cars because we want to avoid becoming targets for road rage. We don’t trust you. We’ve decided to minimize our interactions with people who cannot be reasoned with. This is for our own safety.

In private groups - where you’re not invited - we share our bewilderment of your descent into madness. We all have stories about how we’ve cut ties with you, our family and former friends, because we don’t want your hatred poisoning our social media streams. We can’t stand to listen to you vomiting the lies of your cult, day after day. You used to be different. We liked you. But now that we know what was inside your heart all along, we’ve decided you don’t deserve to know about our lives.

We’ll skip family reunions, even after we get the vaccine. We’ll make up some excuse just to be polite. But in reality, we just don’t feel like sitting around eating potato salad and making small talk with people who have such monstrous beliefs.

To all the brothers and aunts and cousins and dads and neighbors out there who just can’t wrap their heads around what this means going forward, know that these scars aren’t going away anytime soon. We won’t be reaching out, and we won’t be mending fences. It’s not up to us to apologize for the wounds you have gleefully inflicted upon us and our friends. You poured the gasoline, you lit the match. You burned this to the ground.

So if we seem different from now on, I guess we are, in a way. We’ve seen your truth laid bare, and we’re horrified.

I hope Trump was worth it.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 24

16 hours ago, nausicaa said:

I think Putin definitely has some dirt on Trump (even if it's just holding all of his debt), but I think the McConnells/Grahams/et als. might not be the victims of blackmail.

The essential bankrupt NRA gave a huge amount of money to their election campaigns. Where did that money come from if not as a pass-through from Russian oligarchs?

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/764879242/nra-was-foreign-asset-to-russia-ahead-of-2016-new-senate-report-reveals

Edited by Black Aliss
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

54 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

The essential bankrupt NRA gave a huge amount of money to their election campaigns. Where did that money come from if not as a pass-through from Russian oligarchs?

https://www.npr.org/2019/09/27/764879242/nra-was-foreign-asset-to-russia-ahead-of-2016-new-senate-report-reveals

It could be a pass through of Russian funds, but couldn't it also be a pass through of donations from gun manufacturers? (Who have always been the primary funders of the NRA's political arm.) Gun sales have risen steadily since 2015, so most manufacturers should be fairly flush. Also bribery doesn't necessarily mean blackmail.

I don't know a lot about the specifics of all of this; I'm mostly spitballing here. I'm not going to the mat saying there's no way Graham is being blackmailed. It's definitely possible. But it's also possible he and McConnell are shamelessly addicted to political power. They wouldn't be the first. 

Edited by nausicaa
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

8 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

@Ozlsn — two term presidents have two inaugurations, each with an official committee, so there are more inaugural committees than presidents. 

Yeah I saw that above... But given how many times Biden has been declared the winner in just this election he must surely be the 46-59th Presidents by now! 

Edited by Ozlsn
  • Haha 16

4 hours ago, fraurosena said:

As to gerrymandering (which you don’t specifically mention but I’m sure is implied) arguments can be made to prove its unfairness as well.

I got interested in this a couple of years ago, and from memory (I would look it up, but I'm supposed to be working...) the Supreme Court will only intervene if the boundaries of the electorate obviously contain hugely unequal numbers, or of the boundaries aren't contiguous - you can corral all your [insert preferred kind] voters into one stupidly laid out electorate as long as those conditions are met. Personally I think the electorates should be drawn up at a federal rather than state level by an independent government body (yes, this is because I'm Australian and this is how we do it - also I personally think some states cannot be trusted, both here and there.)

One of the interesting things I remember reading was that trust by Canadians in Canadian elections increased significantly once borders that were perceived as being drawn up by a neutral body (the then newly established Canadian electoral body) were implemented - the results were more accepted because the boundaries weren't regarded as being set to serve partisan interests.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 1

• Destiny locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic