IGNORED

2020 Election Results Part 9: Biden Wins Again And Continues Building An Administration

GreyhoundFan

Poor, sad, dejected Quackadoodles.

9 minutes ago, Cartmann99 said:

The walls are closing in for the Trumpers.

image.thumb.png.df8ffbd67b189398d9abd77eabff2e20.png

• Upvote 6

8 hours ago, Howl said:

PUTIN?  This is too delicious.  

Putin's doing a little sucking up because... *ominous music* Sanctions. Are. Coming. 

The Syrian civil war turns ten next year. If there's one foreign policy objective I hope Biden takes on it is working with the EU to pressure Russia and Syria to a permanent peace settlement. If that involves sanctions, great.

1 hour ago, Smee said:

This is satisfying in a way I honestly didn't expect. I thought the electoral college vote was just another step in the process of formalising things and getting all the adults ready for the transition, while the tangerine toddler and his sycophants would continue to ignore reality and throw their tantrums. I don't really understand why this is the line that makes them admit they truly were beaten, but I'll take it.

Also, I'm currently doing a PhD in creative writing. I cannot wait for the whiny douches who think only STEM subjects matter to have a tantrum while I go around calling myself Dr. I have no doubt that Dr Biden has encountered this kind of misogynistic anti-academic bull since the day she was awarded her degree, so I hope by now she's found a way to feed off their tears with great relish while continuing to use the title she earned.

Agreed, although the same douches tend to discount STEM PhDs if women hold them. Seen too many labs where male RAs and students are treated more respectfully than female postdocs. To misquote TMBG - the author is not a real doctor, but he is a real worm.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 9

3 hours ago, Smee said:

This is satisfying in a way I honestly didn't expect. I thought the electoral college vote was just another step in the process of formalising things and getting all the adults ready for the transition, while the tangerine toddler and his sycophants would continue to ignore reality and throw their tantrums. I don't really understand why this is the line that makes them admit they truly were beaten, but I'll take it.

I think I know why. The politicians all took an oath to uphold the constitution. At the very least, they would be violating their oath of office; given that, it's possible that the Speaker of the House would refuse to seat the 126 members of the House on January 6. The process to appeal that ruling is arduous and could easily take up their entire term of office. It's also possible they could be charged with sedition.

You notice how carefully they say "the electoral college has declared Biden the winner. . ."  and "Under the Constitution, Biden is now president-elect". They are still not letting go of their fantasy that the election was somehow rigged.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 5
  • Thank You 2

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Mitch’s wife will be heading for the unemployment line 

Sadly, no. Trump gave her a seat on the Kennedy Center Board of Trustees. Because she and Mitch are such connoisseurs of the arts, doncha' know. Look for the next Kennedy Center honors to be awarded to Ted Nugent, Dennis Quaid, and Kid Rock.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 5

59 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

Sadly, no. Trump gave her a seat on the Kennedy Center Board of Trustees. Because she and Mitch are such connoisseurs of the arts, doncha' know. Look for the next Kennedy Center honors to be awarded to Ted Nugent, Dennis Quaid, and Kid Rock.

Can’t she be replaced?

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

Look for the next Kennedy Center honors to be awarded to Ted Nugent, Dennis Quaid, and Kid Rock.

Diamond & Silk and the Deplorable Choir are gonna be pissed about this.

• Upvote 8

29 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

Can’t she be replaced?

I don't believe so. The president has pretty much all the say on the the 30+ board members that he appoints. I didn't see any mechanism to remove members before the end of their term. Chao is not even the worst, a couple of years ago, he installed Mike Huckabee. Every time I go to the Kennedy Center and see his name in the Playbill, I want to vomit. Betsy and Pompeo are also on the board, but will be off soon since their membership is because of their cabinet positions.

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 4

12 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

I don't believe so. The president has pretty much all the say on the the 30+ board members that he appoints. I didn't see any mechanism to remove members before the end of their term. Chao is not even the worst, a couple of years ago, he installed Mike Huckabee. Every time I go to the Kennedy Center and see his name in the Playbill, I want to vomit. Betsy and Pompeo are also on the board, but will be off soon since their membership is because of their cabinet positions.

We then how did Trump come about appointing these Penneywise clowns in the first place? We’re all the previous members at the end of their term at the same time?

• Upvote 4

31 minutes ago, onekidanddone said:

We then how did Trump come about appointing these Penneywise clowns in the first place? We’re all the previous members at the end of their term at the same time?

No, the presidential appointees are staggered, so some expire each year. The ones who are on the board due to their positions stay on the board as long as they hold their positions.

Basic info from Wikipedia:

The Kennedy Center Board of Trustees, formally known as the Trustees of the John F. Kennedy Center for the Performing Arts, maintains and administers the Center and its site. David M. Rubenstein is the chairman of the board.

The honorary chair members of the board are the First Lady and her living predecessors. Members of the board are specified by 20 USC 76h and include ex officio members such as the Secretary of Health and Human Services, the Librarian of Congress, the Secretary of State (substituting for the Director of the United States Information Agency after that agency was abolished), the Chairman of the Commission of Fine Arts, the Mayor of the District of Columbia, the Superintendent of Schools of the District of Columbia, the Director of the National Park Service, the Secretary of Education and the Secretary of the Smithsonian Institution, as well as 36 general trustees appointed by the President of the United States for six-year terms

• Thank You 7

20 minutes ago, GreyhoundFan said:

No, the presidential appointees are staggered, so some expire each year. The ones who are on the board due to their positions stay on the board as long as they hold their positions.

Basic info from Wikipedia:

Well at least Biden will be able to replace some 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, onekidanddone said:

It's a large board. Here's a list of Dear Leader's previous appointees and the recent ones.

https://deadline.com/2020/12/donald-trump-kennedy-center-board-of-trustees-1234652321/

• Thank You 4

10 hours ago, 47of74 said:

Fox News host Tucker Carlson took aim at incoming first lady Jill Biden on Monday evening, downplaying her doctoral degree in education amid the escalating controversy over whether she should use the prefix "Dr."

"Jill Biden is not a doctor, no," Carlson said on his nightly program. "Maybe in the same sense Dr. Pepper is." 

He added Biden has the "same degree as Dr. Bill Cosby." 

Biden, a community college teacher, earned a doctorate of education from the University of Delaware in 2007. 

Tucker do the world a favor and go self fornicate yourself. 

No, dumbass (Carlson, not you). Cosby's degree was an honorary one from Temple U. It was awarded in 2009 and rescinded in2018.  Jill Biden's is earned and no one can take it away. The name-calling is definitely ramping up. I've seen a few references to "Senile Joe and his ho" (because alliteration, I guess) most recently from a commenter on GHaw's FB page. Definitely red-lines the irony meter.

• Upvote 13
  • Disgust 3

1 hour ago, Black Aliss said:

I've seen a few references to "Senile Joe and his ho" (because alliteration, I guess) most recently from a commenter on GHaw's FB page

How did I miss that?

Speaking of Bro Gary, and people not respecting the Bidens and their new roles, here is what North Dakota Senator Kevin Cramer said when asked if Biden had won. It is very Gary-esque.

image.png.c7c38daf49796d9c1033db7c68e0cede.png

That's a screen shot from The Late Show, and it is funnier when Colbert reads it, then goes on to imagine Cramer answering another question.

Edited by thoughtful
  • Upvote 8
  • Haha 7

"Did you see what I saw? I saw a bottle of off-brand glass cleaner, when I know they were supposed to use Windex, so I know there was cheating, OK? I signed an affidavit, in blood, on a screen, and then had to clean it off. Did you?"

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 12
  • Love 5

40 minutes ago, AmazonGrace said:

Dr. Biden's husband is slowly getting more name recognition. kuva.thumb.png.ffa1834b436d0ea7d4da4f2b0eb161c1.png

I love this!  President Chepe.

• Upvote 7

12 hours ago, Cartmann99 said:

Given the above facts can the media please stop referring to her as an IT worker.

Sincerely, 

Every IT person everywhere

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
  • Upvote 13
  • I Agree 9

25 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Given the above facts can the media please stop referring to her as an IT worker.

Well, in this case, it stands for idiotic towel-wielder.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 17

I can't remember where or when this happened, if it was on the trail during the primaries or the election, but I'm nearly positive that Joe Biden introduced himself as Jill's husband, and I thought that was the cutest thing ever.

I THINK maybe it was during the DNC when she was speaking from the classroom?

ETA FOUND IT I'M SO PROUD OF MYSELF FOR BEING ABLE TO FIND AND EMBED THIS!!!11!1!11!!11!!!11! 

Edited by front hugs > duggs
I tried to have the video start where he enters, but failed at that :( around the 9:05 minute mark! He's so proud of her. This is what respecting a woman looks like.
  • Upvote 13
  • Love 3

6 hours ago, AmazonGrace said:

Dr. Biden's husband is slowly getting more name recognition.

I really want this to be the name of a thread for our new president. :handgestures-fingerscrossed:

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 10

• Destiny locked this topic
  • GreyhoundFan unpinned this topic