Jump to content
  • Sky
  • Blueberry
  • Slate
  • Blackcurrant
  • Watermelon
  • Strawberry
  • Orange
  • Banana
  • Apple
  • Emerald
  • Chocolate
  • Charcoal
samurai_sarah

Bro Gary Hawkins 16: In BetWeen

Recommended Posts

EyesOpen

Eternity is going to be long for these folks listening to newsmax and gathering to sing and eat in church with no masks! 
 

just in our little snark corner, JRod’s mom’s church has had an outbreak and the Shrader church has had an outbreak. The ERs are full ya’ll. Stay. Home.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
On 11/22/2020 at 1:23 PM, thoughtful said:

But what about Messiah, Gary? Handel set your beloved KJV to music.

I'm hoping we are back to in-person church by next Christmas, just so we might do Messiah. Our current music minister isn't as big on that stuff as our previous one, so who knows, but it'd be really nice to sing Messiah in our nice new sanctuary once it's finished. (So close... it's been like 4 years since the fire and it's ALMOST finished - they're livestreaming from there now, and there's a new stained glass window in, but the pipe organ is yet to arrive.)

We sang Faure's Requiem once, and that was by far my favorite.

I don't generally sing in the choir, but I'd join back up for Requiem or Messiah.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Jasmar

Boogie-woogie and honky tonks? What is this, the Waltons?

Edited by Jasmar
Damned autocorrect

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer
22 minutes ago, Jasmar said:

Boogie-woogie and honky tonks? What is this, the Waltons?

So wild, those Waltons. With their boogie-woogie and honky tonks, and ouija boards!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful

For our country our forefathers fought for our Country. And lots more - Gary can sure pack a lot of errors, rage-induing irony, and offense into a short post.

image.png.a75d5bb879b80f4b038f43418c96658a.png

Becky posted:

Spoiler

image.png.81b001fae399a6815925d737b8eeaeb9.png

 

She got lots of comments from people praying. Hope that's what she really wanted.

 

  • Upvote 7
  • Haha 3
  • Thank You 4

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xan

Recently Becky posted this:

529051615_Screenshot(2096).png.b6ff08c7f46bb9ddefbc4604ecdb6714.png

I suggested that she was hoping for money.  She got a bunch of prayers and then this:

923429224_Screenshot(2097).png.cf37b12072f6c878ea4f8445cb771277.png

Of course she answered that one pretty quickly.  Exactly what could be going on with Becky that she'd need a monitor that cost $700 with the pricey test strips?  It can't be blood glucose levels because those monitors aren't very expensive.  

And shame on her for trolling her fans for money.  I imagine that the insurance covers it if she is monitored by her doctor at the office.  I guess she just wants to make sure she can still travel with Bro Gary.

Stay in NC and let Gary travel on his own, Becky.

.......................

Gary posted this gem:

1599536209_Screenshot(2099).png.660f9c2554aedefc4c0737be48df14f6.png

In these last, dire days, Gary is still going door to door handing out leaflets.  It's how he shows his "back bone".  In the great war against religion that exists in Gary's imagination, he's a soldier with a pocket full of pamphlets.  I'd hate to be a deity that required Gary as a foot soldier.

 

  • Upvote 6
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 6

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Alisamer

Gary seems to think an apostrophe means "Oh no! Here comes an S!"

Also - Gary, you don't work. The "KJB" therefore says YOU shouldn't eat. (An aside, everytime he posts "KJB" I think "KGB" instead. Anyone else?)

Oh, wait. Apparently yelling at people for an hour a couple times a week counts as "work". 

Becky, you need a HOME to have a HOME monitor, right? Also I wonder what insurance she has. 

Guh these people are so STUPID. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FiveAcres
1 hour ago, Alisamer said:

Gary seems to think an apostrophe means "Oh no! Here comes an S!"

Also - Gary, you don't work. The "KJB" therefore says YOU shouldn't eat. (An aside, everytime he posts "KJB" I think "KGB" instead. Anyone else?)

Oh, wait. Apparently yelling at people for an hour a couple times a week counts as "work". 

Becky, you need a HOME to have a HOME monitor, right? Also I wonder what insurance she has. 

Guh these people are so STUPID. 

Medicaid? I can't believe these grifters grift enough for anything else. 

Edited by FiveAcres
grammar

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Four is Enough
On 11/24/2020 at 12:52 PM, Jasmar said:

Boogie-woogie and honky tonks? What is this, the Waltons?

I love me some boogie-woogie.... but I've never been to a honky tonk.

On 11/24/2020 at 1:15 PM, Alisamer said:

So wild, those Waltons. With their boogie-woogie and honky tonks, and ouija boards!

They had a seance once too.. as I recall. And Jason played the piano at a bawdy house. And Grandpa took the younger two boys to see the show!

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful

image.png.a20d772087f1606739c1dd3376f61231.png

I think a fabric that combines oversized houndstooth check with what looks like fantasy undersea creatures would get anyone's attention, but not necessarily for good reasons.

I bet Sidney Powell has this dress.

Someone named David Sproul Jr. commented. Wonder if he's any relation to Spanky.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful

Look, Gary! You are not alone!

Spoiler

image.png.d5e7d38f37462d4d973680fc1ba50440.png

Some people, standing in the Gap. Oh and one walking toward it.

For Gary's NC peeps, about the mask. If the democratic win we have lost everything.

image.png.e424bc0cbc0beb647701027e77c2a3a1.png

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
On 11/23/2020 at 8:18 PM, thoughtful said:

"Ah ain't talking about the boogie-woogie mess, and ah'm not talkin' about the honkey tonk junk, ah'm talkin' about spiritual singin' amen?"

He hasn't heard the news about heaven being a honky-tonk?

Spoiler

 

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
9 hours ago, Xan said:

Of course she answered that one pretty quickly.  Exactly what could be going on with Becky that she'd need a monitor that cost $700 with the pricey test strips?  It can't be blood glucose levels because those monitors aren't very expensive.

No  it's for prothrombin time--blood clotting--when you're on coumadin.Medicare and Medicaid both pay for the monitor, which is more like $500, not $700, but whatever. However there are certain conditions you have to meet: You have to have been on anti-clotting therapy and monitoring for at least three months, you have to have undergone a face-to-face educational program on anticoagulation management, and you can't test yourself more than once a week (so no eating whatever the hell you feel like and then testing to titrate your meds every day. I expect private insurance, if that's what they have would have the same restrictions. Gary just can't be bothered to take Becky to the coag clinic once a week, is my guess.

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Thank You 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Ozlsn
3 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Look, Gary! You are not alone!

  Hide contents

image.png.d5e7d38f37462d4d973680fc1ba50440.png

Some people, standing in the Gap. Oh and one walking toward it.

For Gary's NC peeps, about the mask. If the democratic win we have lost everything.

image.png.e424bc0cbc0beb647701027e77c2a3a1.png

Gary would lose his tiny mind here. Masks, lock downs, people telling him he's an idiot...

4 hours ago, thoughtful said:

image.png.a20d772087f1606739c1dd3376f61231.png

I think a fabric that combines oversized houndstooth check with what looks like fantasy undersea creatures would get anyone's attention, but not necessarily for good reasons.

I bet Sidney Powell has this dress.

Someone named David Sproul Jr. commented. Wonder if he's any relation to Spanky.

So is it that it's a dress, that it has sleeves, that it has a high front..? She's still immodestly showing her hair (harlot!), wearing make up (lady of the night!), showing from mid-calf to her ankles (horror!), and wearing patterns to draw the eye (*swoons in aghastness at the utter shamelessness*). Modesty is a cultural construct, and Gary and Becky know damn well that jeans and top are equally as modest in their cultural setting. Get over it, both of you. 

10 hours ago, Xan said:

In the great war against religion that exists in Gary's imagination, he's a soldier with a pocket full of pamphlets.  I'd hate to be a deity that required Gary as a foot soldier.

And Lucifer's minions no doubt have a match...

Edited by Ozlsn

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful
3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

it's for prothrombin time--blood clotting--when you're on coumadin.Medicare and Medicaid both pay for the monitor

Yes - I found where she says so, further down the thread:

image.png.225965e142850116bcd09dc22f2a850d.png

They seem to vary in price - I don't know if there is a specific one she needs.

https://www.google.com/search?q=PT/INR+monitor+for+coumadin+level&source=lmns&tbm=shop&bih=600&biw=1252&client=firefox-b-1-d&hl=en-US&sa=X&ved=2ahUKEwiewIz-qZ_tAhUKBd8KHfk2BhUQ_AUoAXoECAEQAQ

3 hours ago, Black Aliss said:

Gary just can't be bothered to take Becky to the coag clinic once a week, is my guess.

I think you're right. And being monitored weekly is something Becky may have needed before this surgery - I think she's had blood clots before, so I am guessing that she has been on coumadin for a long time. It's entirely possible she should have been monitoring weekly long before this, but just shrugged it off because Gary wanted to travel. Maybe the inability to get her levels straightened out post-surgically has made even "I'm fine, dear" Becky worried.

ETA - thinking that Becky has been on blood thinners makes me even more pissed off about the fall she had, that Gary turned into a story, only hours later, for a message on unexpected events, while still expecting her to play the piano, sing, sit through church, and probably wait on him hand and foot as usual.

Falling while on a blood thinner is no small thing. Falling in the wee hours of the morning, hard enough to break the bathtub spigot and feel unable to get back into bed unassisted is even scarier. I bet her modest clothing was hiding a lot of bruising after that.

If Becky is an idiot/martyr/doormat about not taking care of herself, she is at least partly to blame. But it does help if someone like that is married to a spouse who isn't a selfish shit, and insists they go to the ER or see a doctor.

Too bad, Becky -  you are married to Gary, which means you are on your own trying to stay alive.

Edited by thoughtful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Flossie
On 11/25/2020 at 7:17 AM, Xan said:

Recently Becky posted this:

529051615_Screenshot(2096).png.b6ff08c7f46bb9ddefbc4604ecdb6714.png

I suggested that she was hoping for money.  She got a bunch of prayers and then this:

923429224_Screenshot(2097).png.cf37b12072f6c878ea4f8445cb771277.png

Of course she answered that one pretty quickly.  Exactly what could be going on with Becky that she'd need a monitor that cost $700 with the pricey test strips?  It can't be blood glucose levels because those monitors aren't very expensive.  

And shame on her for trolling her fans for money.  I imagine that the insurance covers it if she is monitored by her doctor at the office.  I guess she just wants to make sure she can still travel with Bro Gary.

Stay in NC and let Gary travel on his own, Becky.

.......................

Gary posted this gem:

1599536209_Screenshot(2099).png.660f9c2554aedefc4c0737be48df14f6.png

In these last, dire days, Gary is still going door to door handing out leaflets.  It's how he shows his "back bone".  In the great war against religion that exists in Gary's imagination, he's a soldier with a pocket full of pamphlets.  I'd hate to be a deity that required Gary as a foot soldier.

 

There's no way Gary wrote that on his own.  Either Becky told him what to say and he typed it out as best he could, or Becky wrote it and left some errors to make it look like Gary was the one doing the typing.

Either way, I was hoping that Becky would eventually realize that she was attached to a loser and disengage herself, but she seems all in on this.

On paper, she seems smarter than to have fallen in with an ignorant buffoon.  What happened to her?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
MayMay1123

My son had some issues back in August, which led to pulmonary blood clots. He was given  50/50 chance of survival. Thank God, he pulled through, but he is facing, possibly, a life time of problems. After a 3 week hospitalization, he had a visiting nurse to check his clotting levels for 6 weeks because of Coumadin. Now he's on zeralto (sp.?) and it is much better leveled. Becky should not be traipsing all over if she's been dealing with blood clots, she needs care. BroHawk is going to be the death of his wife.

  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 11

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
FiveAcres
1 hour ago, MayMay1123 said:

My son had some issues back in August, which led to pulmonary blood clots. He was given  50/50 chance of survival. Thank God, he pulled through, but he is facing, possibly, a life time of problems. After a 3 week hospitalization, he had a visiting nurse to check his clotting levels for 6 weeks because of Coumadin. Now he's on zeralto (sp.?) and it is much better leveled. Becky should not be traipsing all over if she's been dealing with blood clots, she needs care. BroHawk is going to be the death of his wife.

My mother was on Coumadin for clotting issues. At one point, her doctor found a clot in her leg which was confirmed by imaging. My mother ended up staying with me for a while so I could give her Heparin injections. (Her doctor thought she should be able to give them to herself despite having a bad tremor by that point.) Not one of my favorite memories. 

  • Upvote 2
  • Sad 2
  • Love 10

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
3 hours ago, Flossie said:

There's no way Gary wrote that on his own.  Either Becky told him what to say and he typed it out as best he could, or Becky wrote it and left some errors to make it look like Gary was the one doing the typing.

Becky is also apostrophely-challenged*, so I don't think she deliberately left in errors. I agree it's definitely not GHaw's work.

*plurally-challenged?

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
3 hours ago, Flossie said:

On paper, she seems smarter than to have fallen in with an ignorant buffoon.  What happened to her?

My guess is that after her previous husband left her for another man her self-esteem was in the basement. She might have seen Gary even in his worst moments as more than she deserved, and when he was complimentary toward her, a real keeper. Becky, you deserve better! Not much better, given that you are still a right-wing, conspiracy-embracing nut job, but better.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful
43 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

My guess is that after her previous husband left her for another man her self-esteem was in the basement. She might have seen Gary even in his worst moments as more than she deserved, and when he was complimentary toward her, a real keeper.

This has been roughly my theory about her, as well. She may even have felt that Gary was her cross to bear, her penance. But there are other possibilities.

Unless I missed it, I don't think we know the exact sequence of events - whether they tried to keep it together after her ex came out to her, or he fell in love with his current husband while still in the closet to her, or they broke up and both started dating and eventually met their new spouses, etc.

I'd love to know if she was already steeped in rigid Baptist stuff (Gary says her church was "liberal" by his standards, but, by his standards, virtually everything is!) before her marriage ended, or if she went down that path after finding out her husband was gay.

Since we've seen that the teasing goes both ways, and that Becky has a mean streak, I can even imagine her choosing Gary because she enjoys his being highly mockable due to his stupidity, a person who enjoys the back-and-forth of mutual insults, or both.

While I'm here, I'll take sometime:

Spoiler

image.png.8d70b96d24bfd8f4f6f889784bdce225.png

Gary is frying turkeys and Godbothering!

Becky spent most of yesterday desperately trying to meet some Tupperware goal before midnight. Today she posted a Thanksgiving greeting. Wonder if she was amused or annoyed by this answer, showing the detested mask:

Spoiler

image.png.d8fae5dfdc9166bff4de5cef2b9f0ea7.png

 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful

Gary, Becky and Jacob went for a drive with a live, to look at the Tanglewood Festival of Lights. Lots of tooth sucking ensues.

https://www.forsyth.cc/Parks/Tanglewood/fol/?fbclid=IwAR1fLuxCu0-Qs4ZVfDc5z0VtxA8ZI5otU24YwX42f1Ee6YRmxVm0wX1_IJ8#hours-rates

He has the camera looking out the front windshield, so we can see the Christmas lights. Mostly, we see the brake lights of other cars for ten minutes, with the occasional teeny bit of the Christmas display peeking through.

Spoiler

image.png.b42ce6d0b4bae398c76d2333ebca22d6.png

Gary tells us that Thanksgiving was good (in a previous post, Becky showed us the turkey), says he didn't eat too much, and "half of their kids" were there.

"All the mess goin' on, thingssssssss goin' on, the devil's fightin', but Jesus is still on the throne, and as of right this second - ah ain't expectin' nothin' to change, but as of right this second, President Donald Trump is the president of the United States. So . . . if you thank he's gonna get out of there, that's fahn, you kin be wrong if you want to."

He says his mama's scared to death "she thinks Mr. Cooper's comin' to our house." He laughs heartily at this. Gee, Gary, wonder where she heard such ridiculous paranoid ideas?

Jesus is in control, and Gary preaches on that for a little while, as they creep along. He mentions some recent illnesses and deaths of people he knows.

"Job buried ten children. All o' mahn still alive and well, praise the Lord. Yeah, they ain't what they should be, and some them don't want nothing to do with me, but hey, ah'm not cha - ah'm not leavin' the Gospel and ah'm not forsakin' Jesus so ah kin have family members. Jesus is a whole lot more important to me than family members, ah kin tell that raht now."

Just a reminder, folks - the three children they do still get to see are his children. The four they don't are Becky's - I think he never even met them until about six years ago. Nice job there, Gary, rubbing salt in Becky's wounds as you crawl along in the car.

Gary goes on about things for which he is thankful, including the fact that his truck is working. He saw on Facebook that this was someone's first Thanksgiving without his dad, or maybe mom, Gary can't remember. But Gary's parents are fine, and his Mom got up and "she was raht in the middle of 'em, in the kitchen, workin' hard."

Gary rambles on about all of the relatives that were there, and how he "even talked about Jesus a little bit."  :roll:

Gary tells us to enjoy our night of "family and friendssssssss," and brags about the fabulous turkey he made. 

He and Becky are going to do Walk Away the Pounds tonight, but he's checked with his gym to find out if they will still be open despite the mandate, and they said he should keep on coming in. Gary's glad he lives in America.

 

Edited by thoughtful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
thoughtful

Taylor Ransom shows us that it could be worse. If Gary was not in front, preaching, he'd probably be this guy:

From the real Gary, who just wants to be an encourage to others:

Spoiler

image.png.a2293bdb59b6b636c8abd8cff52dbba0.png

Spoiler

image.png.4a8e6c27e5511929144552c466ae3aae.png

 

image.png.8f71adb1d159eae23c9e8c7051596d0c.png

image.png.22151a92a2a83a05d071d6a819499b99.png

Gary's Facebook page  - where the self-righteous meet to celebrate not being careful with their own health or that of others. Gary won't knee.

Funny how the guy from South Dakota doesn't cite that claim they were all passing around a few months ago, about how there had only been four deaths, or four cases per 1000 people, or only four cases (it kept changing, like a game of telephone).

But they're free! :roll:

 

Edited by thoughtful

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Xan

Gary has an additional comment from a Facebook friend now.

 "I will be. I'll obey God's commands to assemble, to preach, to serve, and to tithe to His church. It's still the Word in 2020!"

Gary, of course, liked this comment.  That's really all it's ever been about.  If people don't attend, they don't tithe and, if they don't tithe, Gary doesn't get paid.  I think that it would be entirely different if the system had always paid Gary by mail or online.  He'd be happy to preach from his recliner.  

He's afraid that the church populations won't be back to pre-Covid levels when this is over and he's right to be worried about that.  This has changed things for a lot of people.  However, pretending that the Covid virus isn't potentially deadly won't change anything.  Gary's just going to end up endangering more people.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
Black Aliss
5 hours ago, thoughtful said:

Gary's Facebook page  - where the self-righteous meet to celebrate not being careful with their own health or that of others. Gary won't knee.

Funny how the guy from South Dakota doesn't cite that claim they were all passing around a few months ago, about how there had only been four deaths, or four cases per 1000 people, or only four cases (it kept changing, like a game of telephone).

But they're free! :roll:

In New Hampshire they say, "Live Free or Die". In South Dakota they say,"why not both?" Bless their hearts.

Edited by Black Aliss

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now



×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our Terms of Use.