IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

20 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

And I want to say this too,  aside from Jesus talk and the grifting, the Vuolos lives are nothing like Michelle and JB’s.

Their lives are nothing like Michelle and JB's.... yet

• Upvote 6

On 11/16/2020 at 3:17 PM, livinginthelight said:

Totally agree. If/when he continues to have impure thoughts, does this imply a problem with her praying?

I also notice, in the article, that he speaks FOR her, saying that she appreciates his honesty. I wonder what she really feels. I know I wouldn't want my husband to tell me every time he is lusting after another woman.  In her shoes, I would suggest he get a MALE accountability partner. I don't think it ever works for the wife to be the accountability partner.

Yeah, that's definitely the one area I am not comfortable being an "accountability partner." Quite frankly, it would skeeve the fuck out of me if my husband were to tell me about being randy over another woman; sex would not be happening any time soon because all I would be thinking is that he's picturing her while he's doing me. Maybe that's not how it works for men, but gross. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

Ah man, Jeremy's faith story is up on their podcast. Do people want me to recap this? 

And more importantly, does this mean Jinger had the baby? They did say that he would share his story when she was resting after having the baby. 

Oh wait no it doesn't, she's talking about her due date and being excited. Unless they prerecorded this. Hurry up, Baby Vuolo 2!

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1

34 minutes ago, Denim Jumper said:

Yeah, that's definitely the one area I am not comfortable being an "accountability partner." Quite frankly, it would skeeve the fuck out of me if my husband were to tell me about being randy over another woman; sex would not be happening any time soon because all I would be thinking is that he's picturing her while he's doing me. Maybe that's not how it works for men, but gross. 

I think it’s manipulative and borders on abusive to report that to your spouse. Of course we all find other people attractive, sometimes in a sexual way. But in a monogamous marriage you’ve made the choice to be with one person.

Constantly pointing out other sexual options and feelings and thoughts about other people undermines the entire idea of a committed marriage (ironically by the same people who created covenant marriage). And then saying you can’t help it and it’s your duty to tell your wife is the highest order of selfishness and entitlement and manipulation.

Imagine what that does to a person to constantly have that pointed out? To think that even the sight of a Victoria’s Secret catalog might send your husband on an unfaithful tear, and that it would be your fault for not being a good “accountability partner.” It’s so fucked up. How could you not feel that marriage is constantly fragile, commitment tenuous, and have endless anxiety about what you would hear about or what would happen next. 

And it’s completely one-sided. They don’t believe women ever have sexual feelings towards anyone else, and if you do there’s something wrong with you. Men just get to be all, hey babe, FYI, I think that girl’s hot and I’m physically lusting after her. Just letting you know! It’s on you now! Oh, and I deserve praise for fucking with your head by telling you this. Men can’t help it. Sorry babe! More to come tomorrow. And for the rest of your life. 

• Upvote 16
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, OHFL2009 said:

Jeremy earned a degree in business administration from Hartwick College and was enrolled in the MBA program at Syracuse, so he does have a degree that could support their family. He just chooses not to use it to get a well-paying, stable job.

Unless he has worked in a related field and built a resume, his degree is pretty useless, and more so as time goes on. Wonder why he never worked in his field, as opposed to moving to Laredo and attempting to work in a start up church? Always seemed like an odd choice to me, especially when you factor in the fact that he never really learned to speak Spanish. He fits in with the lazy Duggars really well.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, Johannah said:

I think it’s manipulative and borders on abusive to report that to your spouse. Of course we all find other people attractive, sometimes in a sexual way. But in a monogamous marriage you’ve made the choice to be with one person.

Constantly pointing out other sexual options and feelings and thoughts about other people undermines the entire idea of a committed marriage (ironically by the same people who created covenant marriage). And then saying you can’t help it and it’s your duty to tell your wife is the highest order of selfishness and entitlement and manipulation.

Imagine what that does to a person to constantly have that pointed out? To think that even the sight of a Victoria’s Secret catalog might send your husband on an unfaithful tear, and that it would be your fault for not being a good “accountability partner.” It’s so fucked up. How could you not feel that marriage is constantly fragile, commitment tenuous, and have endless anxiety about what you would hear about or what would happen next. 

And it’s completely one-sided. They don’t believe women ever have sexual feelings towards anyone else, and if you do there’s something wrong with you. Men just get to be all, hey babe, FYI, I think that girl’s hot and I’m physically lusting after her. Just letting you know! It’s on you now! Oh, and I deserve praise for fucking with your head by telling you this. Men can’t help it. Sorry babe! More to come tomorrow. And for the rest of your life. 

I think it can be damaging for men, too (not the ones who enjoy keeping their wife on her toes). It’s like, okay you got a little turned on by some woman you saw? For most men, like most women, it passes and they move on with their day.

But for the men in these fundie and conservative Christian circles, it’s breeds martyrdom and causes an unhealthy fixation, believing that they “committed adultery in their heart” just by looking at a leggings-clad butt. And perpetuating the idea that he needs an “accountability partner” to cope with a normal, natural reaction further creates a codependency with their faith community.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 4

I don't really know how attached Jinger is to her family. She seems to have left them behind pretty easily.

For already known reasons, Jinger and Jeremy have not yet been able to establish identities and more importantly a fanbase beyond Jinger being one of the Duggars. The Duggar fans/leghumpers are the ones buying the books and they are going to be angry and unhappy to pay $26 to find out JB and Michelle are terrible parents. They probably will never believe their heroes are bad parents anyway. 

The point is there is no advantage for Jinger to bash her parents if she wanted to. I think she's attached to them too, but I'm not sure how much of that is fear and the closed off environement she grew up in versus love, affection, et. 

• Upvote 5

Oh Rufus this book sounds like a possible cure for insomnia.  Who's going to take one for the team and read it? *not it* what the hell do they have to say anyway?  Haven't they shared everything already? I'm sorry but they are not that interesting (to me). How did they score a book deal? 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, viii said:

Their lives are nothing like Michelle and JB's.... yet

She’s almost 27 and just having her second baby. They also don’t seem particularly fertile, whether by nature or by choice. Their lives are never going to be like the super-sized Duggars. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 6

13 hours ago, jillsdopplerofdoom said:

Is it normal to announce a new book 7 months before publication? I just get the impression it was a sudden decision and probably isn't even nearly finished being written yet. 

To be fair, they’re not the ones who announced the book. I’m sure they will be a few weeks/months before actual release, but so far they haven’t made any mention of it. 
Bookstores and websites frequently get information about books months in advance for presale and publication projections. Amazon is one of those sites that usually have information about upcoming titles months in advance. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

14 hours ago, SassyPants said:

Unless he has worked in a related field and built a resume, his degree is pretty useless, and more so as time goes on. Wonder why he never worked in his field, as opposed to moving to Laredo and attempting to work in a start up church? Always seemed like an odd choice to me, especially when you factor in the fact that he never really learned to speak Spanish. He fits in with the lazy Duggars really well.

It looks like Jeremy was planning on ministry all along, based on his Senior CLASS Award bio.

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 5

4 minutes ago, OHFL2009 said:

It looks like Jeremy was planning on ministry all along, based on his Senior CLASS Award bio.

That bio makes him sound like a decent person. I wonder what he would have done in his life if he hadn’t decided to marry a Duggar. 

• Upvote 5

14 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I don't really know how attached Jinger is to her family. She seems to have left them behind pretty easily.

For already known reasons, Jinger and Jeremy have not yet been able to establish identities and more importantly a fanbase beyond Jinger being one of the Duggars. The Duggar fans/leghumpers are the ones buying the books and they are going to be angry and unhappy to pay $26 to find out JB and Michelle are terrible parents. They probably will never believe their heroes are bad parents anyway. 

The point is there is no advantage for Jinger to bash her parents if she wanted to. I think she's attached to them too, but I'm not sure how much of that is fear and the closed off environement she grew up in versus love, affection, et. 

They’re attached to the $$$$$$$ and lifestyle the Duggar name provides.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

19 hours ago, SassyPants said:

And I want to say this too,  aside from Jesus talk and the grifting, the Vuolos lives are nothing like Michelle and JB’s. They are not popping out kid after kid, eating meals consisting of only rice, not sleeping 10 to a room, kids sleeping on couches, living with 1 BR for 15 people, living rurally and on and on. I’m glad that the Vuolos are hustling to earn money, but one of them should get a skill or degree that could eventually support their family. Right now they are like a couple of teens playing house. Also, looks are fleeting, so I hope they’re not banking on their fresh looks to support a growing family, for life.

In fairness to JB & M (did I really just say that?) they were married for 4 YEARS before they had their 1st kid, JinJer have been married 4 years and this is her 3rd pregnancy. They just haven't reached the level of more kids than they can feed stage, not that I think this couple will have more than 3 or 4 kids. Their number of children will depend on if baby #3 is a boy or a girl, if it is a girl they will have a 4th if that one is a girl they will have a 5th, I think they will stop after 5 or 6 if they have all girls, they will only go so far trying for a boy.  But I can also see Jeremy branding himself as a "girl dad" and really running with that. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 9
  • Disgust 1

46 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

In fairness to JB & M (did I really just say that?) they were married for 4 YEARS before they had their 1st kid, JinJer have been married 4 years and this is her 3rd pregnancy. They just haven't reached the level of more kids than they can feed stage, not that I think this couple will have more than 3 or 4 kids. Their number of children will depend on if baby #3 is a boy or a girl, if it is a girl they will have a 4th if that one is a girl they will have a 5th, I think they will stop after 5 or 6 if they have all girls, they will only go so far trying for a boy.  But I can also see Jeremy branding himself as a "girl dad" and really running with that. 

But by the time Michelle was 27, she had, what, 7 kids? Michelle was already at laundry room meltdown. Jeremy is 33. By the time JB was 33, he had double digits numbers of kids. Getting married at 17 and 18 changes everything. I’ll bet JB and M really regret waiting those 4 years. They could be into the 20’s in reproductive output.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 2

I don't think you have to reach 19 children to mimic a life like JB and Michelle's. You can have laundry room meltdowns with less kids. Jeremy and Jinger are fully on track to live a life like their parent's. I know people like to assume she's broken a little bit free and they're limiting their family size but we have zero proof of that. What we do have is the fact that she's had 3 pregnancies in four years. 

• Upvote 11

2 hours ago, viii said:

I don't think you have to reach 19 children to mimic a life like JB and Michelle's. You can have laundry room meltdowns with less kids. Jeremy and Jinger are fully on track to live a life like their parent's. I know people like to assume she's broken a little bit free and they're limiting their family size but we have zero proof of that. What we do have is the fact that she's had 3 pregnancies in four years. 

Jeremy has no quiverfull ties and background. His parents had three kids. His mentor John MacArthur is not entirely against birth control.

Jeremy himself has hinted that they were limiting their family when they got married. They haven't brought it up again, because the fandom wants the Duggars to keep having babies.

As for three pregnancies, there is a enormous difference between Kendra and Joe (3 kids in 3.5 years of marriage) and Jinger and Jeremy (2 kids and a loss). Jinger and Jeremy had 1 kid and wanted a second. They had a miscarriage, waited a few months, and are having that baby. Most people I know who want kids would have done the same, regardless of religious beliefs. Even my atheist friends might do this. Considering how close the pregnancies are, she would 2 kids now either way. 

• Upvote 18

A lot of people want their kids two to three years apart.  That really has nothing to do with the total number that they'll have when they're done.  My kids were all 5 to 6 years apart and my daughter went the other way and wanted hers as close to two years as she could get.

• Upvote 4

I don't think it's abnormal, but I also don't think we can assume they're only going to have 3-4 kids. Perhaps once they have that amount and it's been awhile since she's been pregnant we can assume they're limiting, but we have no proof of it right now. 

• Upvote 3

6 minutes ago, viii said:

I don't think it's abnormal, but I also don't think we can assume they're only going to have 3-4 kids. Perhaps once they have that amount and it's been awhile since she's been pregnant we can assume they're limiting, but we have no proof of it right now. 

And THEY may not even have decided if they want “as many as God provides” or “ I’m using every method possible to ensure God provides me with 3 children, ideally spaced 2 years apart”  or somewhere in between.  And even if they do end up with 5 or just the 2 - it can be hard to know if it’s purposeful, or oops/ secondary infertility.  Now if she hits 7 + , or they have a sponsored Insta post for Trojan ribbed - ..... 

All that said, they don’t seem, from the image they present and the quiet and order and gloss that they would like a house full of screaming kids. 

• Upvote 1

There's speculation on Reddit that Prop2 is going to be named Amelia. Circumstantial evidence is presented based on Jinger's handwriting abd location in relation to the name Amelia at the salad place.

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Jeremy has no quiverfull ties and background. His parents had three kids. His mentor John MacArthur is not entirely against birth control.

Jeremy himself has hinted that they were limiting their family when they got married. They haven't brought it up again, because the fandom wants the Duggars to keep having babies.

As for three pregnancies, there is a enormous difference between Kendra and Joe (3 kids in 3.5 years of marriage) and Jinger and Jeremy (2 kids and a loss). Jinger and Jeremy had 1 kid and wanted a second. They had a miscarriage, waited a few months, and are having that baby. Most people I know who want kids would have done the same, regardless of religious beliefs. Even my atheist friends might do this. Considering how close the pregnancies are, she would 2 kids now either way. 

It has been noted before that Jeremy's background is closer to SBC than IFB, and SBC doesn't generally prohibit birth control wholesale. However, I wouldn't be surprised if they end up having many kids. Jeremy has staked his reputation on being Duggar/fundie adjacent so I think it's possible that they go on to have several more. I could see him wanting to prevent for a while when they first got married to enjoy married life but once they decided they were ready, deciding to go for it.

Then again they love their fountain pens and $300 blazers so maybe they will limit (possibly even lying about doing so to keep up with the brand). It's far too early to say I think. As you say, they've had a different journey than Joe and Kendra and some of the other siblings, who we can easily tell are fully koolaid.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

11 hours ago, Coconut Flan said:

A lot of people want their kids two to three years apart.  That really has nothing to do with the total number that they'll have when they're done.  My kids were all 5 to 6 years apart and my daughter went the other way and wanted hers as close to two years as she could get.

A lot of my friends that have more than one kid have their first two close together. They are even a few who had two under two at some point. The ones that even have a third one mostly had a larger gap between number two and number three.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, Kelsey said:

There's speculation on Reddit that Prop2 is going to be named Amelia. Circumstantial evidence is presented based on Jinger's handwriting abd location in relation to the name Amelia at the salad place.

I think Amelia is very in-keeping with the vibe of a name like Felicity: very feminine, delicate and melodic sounding and 4 syllables. The thing that sets it apart is that Felecity is quite uncommon and Amelia is very common (at least here in Australia).

• Upvote 5

Pure speculation here.  Could see the Vuolos having a very planned family. Any day now they will have two little girls 30 months apart. I could see them having a four year gap (chaos breaker) followed by another pair of children two years apart. If those children were girls I could see them repeating this, four year gap, pair of children with two years between them, hoping for a boy. Jinger would be 38 or 39 by then and they could legitimately say “done” whilst only having six beautifully spaced children!

I obviously have too much time on my hands and am bored (looking for reasons not to clean the inside windows!) so that I can indulge in idle speculation about complete strangers, one of whom grew up in a cult, both of whom have very suspect religious beliefs and all seen through that lens of truth, tv. Less speculation and more cleaning is needed. 

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked this topic