IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

John Macarthur as has been mentioned before is a massive misogynist and piece of work. The you tube channel Telltale did a video where John Macarthur is telling his congregants about COVID 19 pre-cautions churches are expected to follow. His congregation laughs hysterically  after every sentence.  I hope they aren't laughing now. 

• Upvote 8
  • Rufus Bless 1

The next thread title needs to somehow include " now with Jeremy's  pretentious pen content"✒️ Did you see his IG today?!??

• Haha 7

I see that they had another photo shoot. No doubt there’ll be one when the baby arrives too. Not sure if it will feature a fountain pen but I have high hopes for a bow tie.

The G3 cruise where Jeremy is speaker is still advertising - it’s due to sail 10 January. I can’t imagine there are many takers. If it goes ahead does that mean Jinger will be left alone with 2 little ones? Maybe Jana Poppins will swoop in.

Edited by Idlewild
  • Upvote 8
  • WTF 1

The cruise may well have many takers. After all, they believe the virus is a hoax, God will protect them, etc. ?

• Upvote 10

15 hours ago, marmalade said:

The cruise may well have many takers. After all, they believe the virus is a hoax, God will protect them, etc. ?

A cruise could actually be a good way to safely vacation, the number of people going will be way down, and the ships are so huge that social distancing would be easy. They have people cleaning all the time, and it would be easy to sanitize your own cabin, mask, shower after activities etc.....if I had the $$ and health right now I’d do it. Of course the down side is if someone gets sick and you’re stuck at sea for months. 

• Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Mama Mia said:

A cruise could actually be a good way to safely vacation, the number of people going will be way down, and the ships are so huge that social distancing would be easy. They have people cleaning all the time, and it would be easy to sanitize your own cabin, mask, shower after activities etc.....if I had the $$ and health right now I’d do it. Of course the down side is if someone gets sick and you’re stuck at sea for months. 

But with how the air circulates, if someone gets it, isn't everyone bound to be exposed no matter how much they're distancing on the ship? I thought this was the issue with air-conditioned restaurants and malls. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 11

3 hours ago, Mama Mia said:

There are risks to any place where are interacting with people. The ship is closed environment, but people are still interacting with other people.  The biggest risk are the asymptomatic carriers. People who seem fine, but are carrying the disease without knowing it. 

Here's what the CDC says.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 4

I would absolutely not go on a cruise right now. It was one of the big super spreader events in Aus. what if you get an outbreak? and now you're trapped on a plague ship! I'd honestly rather get on a plane where it's feasible to have everyone masked (as long as it's not long haul), the filtration systems are top end etc. do most cruise destinations have open borders? We get cruises here and ours are very strictly shut.

Edited by wendy-sparkles
typo
  • Upvote 19
  • I Agree 6

We cancelled our upcoming cruise before they shut down our summer season. No way on earth was I taking that risk. The massive cruise ship outbreak here is what convinced me - months before it was confirmed - that Covid is airborne. 

Not to mention our cruise was to the South Pacific. They don’t have the medical systems to cope with an outbreak and I strongly support keeping them safe. It would be catastrophic for a cruise passenger to spread it in Fiji, Vanuatu or New Caledonia. 

• Upvote 20

The first 30 or so known cases in our state were from passengers of a cruise back in March.   Cruise ships are nothing but floating Petri dishes of bacteria, DH & I went on a cruise for our honeymoon back in 1996 and it was wonderful, but in the last 24 years they've really seem to have gone to hell in a germ filled basket. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 2

On 10/16/2020 at 4:06 AM, seraaa said:

Most people do not completely isolate themselves from ever interacting with people who have different views - we live in a society etc. Ad they live in Los Angeles. The people who completely cut themselves off from living in the world are the minority and it's plausible that they know people imo

For most people, yes ?, it’s normal for hang with people who have different views.  For fundies, is it’s a pretty big deal; especially if those views include gay rights.

I’m not saying that because Jinger went shopping with someone who supports marriage equality that she will reconsider any of her beliefs.  I do appreciate that she is spending quality time with that person.  Her parents wouldn’t.

I’m still not joining her fan club, but I’m hopeful for Jinger.

• Upvote 7

22 minutes ago, HereComesTreble said:

I’m still not joining her fan club, but I’m hopeful for Jinger.

I do admire your optimism but I’m not. Jinger just seems to be a sponge for whatever Jeremy believes or wants - other than when she’s trying to sell stuff on Instagram she doesn’t seem to have any individuality. And Jeremy is an arse.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Idlewild said:

I do admire your optimism but I’m not. Jinger just seems to be a sponge for whatever Jeremy believes or wants - other than when she’s trying to sell stuff on Instagram she doesn’t seem to have any individuality. And Jeremy is an arse.

ITA, Jinger is about as deep as a wadding pool, there is nothing to her Pinterest created, Insta "perfect" life & what ever Jeremy tells her she should like.  

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 11/7/2020 at 4:25 AM, Idlewild said:

The G3 cruise where Jeremy is speaker is still advertising - it’s due to sail 10 January. I can’t imagine there are many takers. If it goes ahead does that mean Jinger will be left alone with 2 little ones? Maybe Jana Poppins will swoop in.

With the way cruise contracts are written, especially group contracts, it is very likely in the best interest of the organizing party to wait for the cruise line to cancel the sailing. At this point, Royal Caribbean has only cancelled cruises through the end of December. If the organizer were to cancel now, they would likely only be offered credits for a future cruise. For a group where you have a lot of unrelated people signed up, this is a nightmare to handle.

The cruise lines have generally been announcing cancellations on a 1 month rolling cycle. For example, they announced the cancellation of all December cruises at the beginning of November. I fully expect them to cancel January cruises at the beginning of December. I suspect they are doing it this way for 2 reasons: 1) they don't want to cancel too far out so that as soon as a vaccine or other things make it safe to sail again, they can start right away, and 2) their call centers get overwhelmed every time they announce cancellations, so spreading out the cancellations spreads out the workload for their employees. I imagine there's a cashflow reason too. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
  • Thank You 4

On 11/7/2020 at 3:25 AM, Idlewild said:

I see that they had another photo shoot. No doubt there’ll be one when the baby arrives too. Not sure if it will feature a fountain pen but I have high hopes for a bow tie.

I'd rather go to hell than be stuck on a boat with Jeremy 

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 7

16 hours ago, raayx01 said:

One in the same....

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1

18 hours ago, raayx01 said:

I think Jeremy would rather go to hell then be stuck on a boat with me. ? 

We would disagree on everything and I would not be afraid to voice my opinions loudly and all the time. I would be the most stubborn, borderline communist, feminist woman he’d ever met, I am 0% impressed with him or anything he says and 100% immune to bible quotes. 

• Upvote 25
  • Love 2

4 hours ago, Iamtheway said:

We would disagree on everything and I would not be afraid to voice my opinions loudly and all the time. I would be the most stubborn, borderline communist, feminist woman he’d ever met, I am 0% impressed with him or anything he says and 100% immune to bible quotes. 

But surely you’d be impressed by his fountain pen??!! 

• Haha 31
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, Idlewild said:

But surely you’d be impressed by his fountain pen??!! 

I would yank that pen out of his slimey hand and throw it overboard and hopefully he dives in after it.

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

On 11/9/2020 at 4:50 AM, wendy-sparkles said:

I would absolutely not go on a cruise right now. It was one of the big super spreader events in Aus. what if you get an outbreak? and now you're trapped on a plague ship! I'd honestly rather get on a plane where it's feasible to have everyone masked (as long as it's not long haul), the filtration systems are top end etc. do most cruise destinations have open borders? We get cruises here and ours are very strictly shut.

As are ours. Empty cruise ships have been sheltering in the safe deep water ports  just along the coast from us for months now. 

• Upvote 1

Does anyone listen to their podcasts?  I'm sure it's the same drivel about sinning and being called to the Lord and saved but I was a bit intrigued by the one Jinger did recently.  

1 hour ago, JMO said:

Does anyone listen to their podcasts?  I'm sure it's the same drivel about sinning and being called to the Lord and saved but I was a bit intrigued by the one Jinger did recently.  

I'm in the process of listening to the recent one of Jinger's faith journey. It will take me a day or two but can recap if anyone is interested? 

• Thank You 13

On 11/11/2020 at 12:48 AM, Iamtheway said:

I realise there may be a cultural difference here in relation to emoji use, but in Ireland that one means horny...which kinda alters what I think your point was... :laughing-rofl:

• WTF 1
  • Haha 27

• samurai_sarah locked this topic