IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

6 hours ago, nolongerIFBx said:

I think more IFB don't prohibit birth control than do. Most aren't Quiverfull. I met only 2-3 families who I knew to be Quiverfull in 20 years in IFB.

I grew up in ATI circles on the West Coast and no one used the term “Quiverfull” it was always “open womb”. Anyone know when it switched to Quiverfull?

• Upvote 2

18 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

I think Amelia is very in-keeping with the vibe of a name like Felicity: very feminine, delicate and melodic sounding and 4 syllables.

Did anyone besides me do a double take at this? I'm sure @baldricks_turnipis correct, but I found myself repeating "A-mehl-yuh" over and over trying to find the fourth syllable. Still can't find it even though I know where to look!??

Please tell me I'm not the only one!

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 8

1 hour ago, livinginthelight said:

Did anyone besides me do a double take at this? I'm sure @baldricks_turnipis correct, but I found myself repeating "A-mehl-yuh" over and over trying to find the fourth syllable. Still can't find it even though I know where to look!??

Please tell me I'm not the only one!

I usually pronounce Amelia with three syllables. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 11

7 hours ago, HereticHick said:

Eventually, we will all share a Duggar birthday. Just go with it.

I'm sharing with Mason Duggar ?‍♀️

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 2

Amelia was the 4th most popular girls’ name in 2019 in the U.K. 

I’d pronounce it with four syllables too, like @adidas does. Now I’m just sitting here repeating it to myself...

I don’t share a birthday with a Duggar or a Bates or an in-law yet, but it may well happen someday :pb_lol:

• Upvote 5

I share a birthday with young Elliot (sp?) Maxwell. Before that, I had no known ties with fundies or their spawn. 

Topic? Jinger looks miserable in the story with Jer and Diana. I wonder if they'll induce her soon?

Edited by marmalade
Autocorrect made fundies singular
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

I share a birthday with 2 Bates, I hope Kendra does not add a Duggar in the mix as well next year....

• Upvote 6

I didn’t share a birthday with any Duggar or Bates until little Kolter was born this year.  My dad shares with Justin D and if Jinger’s baby is born tomorrow my mom will have a birthday buddy too.

• Upvote 4

7 hours ago, livinginthelight said:

I'm vindicated! Amelia has 3 syllables.

https://www.howmanysyllables.com/words/amelia

I'm quite sure it's a regional thing though. No big deal but it was fun to focus briefly on something besides the election.

That website is invalid because it also says Australia is three syllables. As an Australian, no it is not!  :P
At least it doesn't try to say caramel is two...

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 10
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

2 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

That website is invalid because it also says Australia is three syllables. As an Australian, no it is not!  :P
At least it doesn't try to say caramel is two...

I'm not trying to be funny or offensive, but would this be Aus-Trail-EE-Yuh? As opposed to Awe-Strail-Yuh?

• Haha 1

10 minutes ago, front hugs > duggs said:

I'm not trying to be funny or offensive, but would this be Aus-Trail-EE-Yuh? As opposed to Awe-Strail-Yuh?

Yep, Au-stray-lee-uh.

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Yep, Au-stray-lee-uh.

I thought you were going to say it's actually two syllables (Stray-uh) ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

I guessed JD and Abbie were going to use Amelia Grace for Gracie. If Jinger doesn't use the name Amelia, I still think they could use the name. 

• Upvote 1

I could see Jinjer using Amelia, however I see two strikes against it. It is too popular. I think they value uniqueness. Also, the meaning of Amelia is “work.” They made a point of liking the name Felicity because it meant “happiness.” I assume they could also find another reason why they would possibly choose Amelia.

• Upvote 4

There seems to be visitors at JinJer's for Thanksgiving baby. Jordyn and Jerm's mother are there, at least. Jerms takes pictures of himself - ya know, usual stuff - and of Jordyn's chocolate strawberries.

Who do you think Jordyn has traveled with? Jana?

5 hours ago, Glasgowghirl said:

I guessed JD and Abbie were going to use Amelia Grace for Gracie. If Jinger doesn't use the name Amelia, I still think they could use the name. 

I doubt Planes and OfPlanes will use Amelia.  Amelia Earhart was the exact opposite of a proper fundie woman/tradwife.  

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, adidas said:

Lol it says the ‘ia’ at the end is one syllable. So by this logic, Mia is a 1 syllable name.

It’s just accents or regional or whatever. Most Americans pronounce Amelia as uh-meel-ya. Mia is mee-ya. It’s like how Europeans say Alicia uh-Lee-see-uh and Americans say uh-lee-sha. 

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

13 hours ago, baldricks_turnip said:

Yep, Au-stray-lee-uh.

I was today days old when I learned this. ?

• Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 4

Hey I have a silly question that the Amelia discussion reminded me of.... how many syllables in the word 'orange'?  I know a lot of people say it with 2 but could it count as a 1 syllable word if you say it quickly?  It came up last night when our family was playing "Poetry for Neanderthals" where you may only use 1 syllable words to describe something.  One of my kids was describing a carrot as 'orange food' and got dinged by another player.  The thing is that when he says 'orange' it really does just sound like one syllable.  

• Upvote 2

• samurai_sarah locked this topic