IGNORED

Jinjer 54: Three Month Countdown to Evangeline's Arrival on November 22

Coconut Flan

Oh, the ‘breakout stars’ comment again ?

I want to point Jerms’ book to Derick and ask where his is ?

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 3

7 minutes ago, baldricks_turnip said:

What on earth can they even have to fill a book? I doubt they will be doing any kind of tell-all about her life growing up, so that ground is already covered by the show, various books and interviews. They met, married and had 1.99 kids. So what?

I’m sure it’ll be similar to Jeremy and Audrey Roloff’s book about their love story where they act like they had the best love story ever. From what I’ve heard, the Roloff’s book is just them bragging about themselves about how godly their marriage and relationship is and how everyone should do what they did if they want a great relationship. I’m sure in this case, Jinger did almost none of the writing and Jeremy wrote everything and made it sound as pretentious as possible. I won’t be buying it, but hopefully someone will recap it for it’s inevitable snark material. 

• Upvote 3

Here’s our love story: Became friends in college. Drunkenly hooked up one night after a party. Did that a couple more times over the next few months. Eventually decided to go on a real date. Fast forward over 10 years later and we’re very happily married. 

No purity rings, praying for the one God had for me, or chaperoned courtships required. Just two heathens who fell in love and eventually got married. And I didn’t even charge all of you $26 to hear our love story! ?

• Upvote 18
  • Love 5

Jinger is wearing jeans on the cover so they are free-thinking rebels who are way more interesting than her boring siblings back in Arkansas! Right? 

• Upvote 7

Apart from being ‘breakout’ stars (?!) the bios show how little these two have achieved despite their platform and privileges - Jinger likes to cook and plays musical instruments & apparently ‘supports’ her MIL’s charity - from what I’ve seen she & Jeremy have attended a couple of fundraisers and occasionally mention it on their SM. Jeremy used to play football now he’s a student. That’s it.For people who think they have a story worth sharing they have very little to talk about. The book will be rehashes of the podcasts- it’s a money grab as with everything else they do- they can then add ‘author’ to their bio.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

I've been married 14 years and we've known each other for 16. That's, what, three times as long as JinJer have? We have enough material for a book that size, probably, but I'd never share most of it with the world. Then again, I've never been under the impression that the world would care. These two, on the other hand, are so damn full of themselves that they've lost perspective on this. I hope their book totally bombs and they're never able to sell another one. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 5
  • Love 2

9 hours ago, QuiverFullofBooks said:

Jinger is wearing jeans on the cover so they are free-thinking rebels who are way more interesting than her boring siblings back in Arkansas! Right? 

And because of the millions of the fundie evangelical leg humpers and curious mainstreamers....this book might reach the NY Times best seller list ?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 2
  • I Agree 2

Good lord, I'm guessing 95% of that book can be found for free on their Instagram feed. Is it a picture book? I can't think of anything that they have done that would make it book worthy, not that the pictures are book worthy.

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 3

So their trials include the very normal experience of a newborn awake at night? That’s all they have? That and an early miscarriage. I’m not minimizing the latter but note that it isn’t mentioned in the book promo. So either it went to the publisher before or they’re minimizing it themselves. 

Try unemployment. Financial insecurity.  Caring for aging or sick parents.  Losing parents and other family tragedies. Health challenges.  And the list goes on. 

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 16
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

I didn’t listen to their podcast, and I am relying on others interpretations.  But, with Jinger saying she was always afraid as a child, does she address the fact that she was sexually abused by her brother? It seems that if you are always dreading coming into contact with the favored son who probably had authority over the younger kids you would be anxious all the time. We know that Jim Bob and Michelle didn’t have much to do both the messy day to day childcare and chores.  Even when his actions were minimally handled by her parents, she still had to live in the same house with him, do his dirty laundry etc.  On top of this she probably  was made to feel guilty for tempting her brother ,not being pure enough, her faith and forgiveness were not strong enough, etc.  She probably will never feel safe or relaxed  in the Duggar home. She  probably feels safer with Jeremy even though to us he is a jerk.

This book could be interesting if they address her trauma caused by Josh’s sexual abuse and the neglect by her parents to do anything substantive to deal with it.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

31 minutes ago, louisa05 said:

So their trials include the very normal experience of a newborn awake at night? That’s all they have? That and an early miscarriage. I’m not minimizing the latter but note that it isn’t mentioned in the book promo. So either it went to the publisher before or they’re minimizing it themselves. 

Try unemployment. Financial insecurity.  Caring for aging or sick parents.  Losing parents and other family tragedies. Health challenges.  And the list goes on. 

Or both of them having to go to work every day to support their family without having the help of the TTH to care for Felicity. A better title might mention how to live a decent life without a marketable education/skill, current resume or job.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

There is just nothing interesting about them, at least that they're willing to reveal or talk about. At least Michelle and Jim Bob had the curiosity element  where they were so different from the norm. The most interesting thing about Jinger is she has a website named after her.

Edited by wendy-sparkles
  • Upvote 4
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

This book could be interesting if they address her trauma caused by Josh’s sexual abuse and the neglect by her parents to do anything substantive to deal with it.

But they won't address the sexual abuse and I don't think she feels neglected by her parents. I promise you she chalks her fear & anxiety up to a lack of faith.  She is too attached to her parents, especially MEchelle to ever betray them by making them look bad. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 5

I feel like they heard Derick was planning on writing a book and couldn't let the Dillards have all the attention so Jeremy had to get their book out first. Is it normal to announce a new book 7 months before publication? I just get the impression it was a sudden decision and probably isn't even nearly finished being written yet. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

1 hour ago, Lurker said:

I didn’t listen to their podcast, and I am relying on others interpretations.  But, with Jinger saying she was always afraid as a child, does she address the fact that she was sexually abused by her brother? It seems that if you are always dreading coming into contact with the favored son who probably had authority over the younger kids you would be anxious all the time. We know that Jim Bob and Michelle didn’t have much to do both the messy day to day childcare and chores.  Even when his actions were minimally handled by her parents, she still had to live in the same house with him, do his dirty laundry etc.  On top of this she probably  was made to feel guilty for tempting her brother ,not being pure enough, her faith and forgiveness were not strong enough, etc.  She probably will never feel safe or relaxed  in the Duggar home. She  probably feels safer with Jeremy even though to us he is a jerk.

They didn't bring up Josh at all. Jinger said her main anxiety was that she was scared of going to hell and being separated from her family. This kept her up every night and she would go to her parents room telling them she was scared of dying... this is a lot for a young child to go through. I'm sure some of her struggles were because of Josh, but they didn't mention it and she probably doesn't realize they could be because of Josh. It's all really sad. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 9

1 hour ago, haroldtheyrefundies said:

They didn't bring up Josh at all. Jinger said her main anxiety was that she was scared of going to hell and being separated from her family. This kept her up every night and she would go to her parents room telling them she was scared of dying... this is a lot for a young child to go through. I'm sure some of her struggles were because of Josh, but they didn't mention it and she probably doesn't realize they could be because of Josh. It's all really sad. 

This is actually a very common thing in homes with religious abuse, these kids are raised with the fear of hell. It is quite literally & figuratively beaten into them from the time they are old enough to repeat bible versus.

But yes, Josh's abuse and her parents subsequently telling the girls they had to forgive him and pray for forgiveness for themselves, made this more real. I wish Jinger & Joy could wake up and realize they were 5 and 8/9 yrs old when they were assaulted, they didn't do anything wrong their brother did & so did their parents, and that abuse was used as a weapon to show the girls that when they were "bad" bad things happened to them. The fact that they could blame a child as young as 5 for what happened to her shows just how vile and disgusting these people are. The fact that that 5 yr old is now 23 and thinks her parents hung the moon, the sister who raised her is on the wrong life path, but her brother who molested her, and the sister who raised her, is not. 

• Upvote 11
  • Disgust 1
  • Sad 5

I still have panic attacks over the rapture. If I don't hear back from a family member, my first thought is 'I've been left behind'. Religious PTSD is real and it sucks. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 22

On 11/17/2020 at 8:53 AM, HideousGreenShirt said:

She said that right up until she was 13/14 she was living in deep fear and would run to her parents every night for any reason and her mom would talk and pray with her and give her scripture to help her settle. (*I wtf'd out loud at this - seems like basic parenting to just talk to your child, reassure them and find out what is going on with them rather than just parroting bible verses and sending them on their way, especially if it was such a frequent occurrence.)

My parents still do this with me as an adult. My nieces are being raised with parents who talk to them about their feelings or actions and the extended family thinks it’s bizarre. 

• Sad 5

I don't think it's fair for us to expect Jinger to talk about being molested to satisfy our interest and gratification. I would like it if they would stop talking in eg christian cliches, and I expect their book (like their podcast) will be interminably boring, but I think expecting her to talk about Josh and her trauma is cruel. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Lurker said:

I doubt she will discuss anything along these lines due to her continued loyalty to her family, but I also think Jinger lacks a lot of insight into her own experiences and emotions.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

And I want to say this too,  aside from Jesus talk and the grifting, the Vuolos lives are nothing like Michelle and JB’s. They are not popping out kid after kid, eating meals consisting of only rice, not sleeping 10 to a room, kids sleeping on couches, living with 1 BR for 15 people, living rurally and on and on. I’m glad that the Vuolos are hustling to earn money, but one of them should get a skill or degree that could eventually support their family. Right now they are like a couple of teens playing house. Also, looks are fleeting, so I hope they’re not banking on their fresh looks to support a growing family, for life.

• Upvote 6

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

one of them should get a skill or degree that could eventually support their family. 

Jeremy earned a degree in business administration from Hartwick College and was enrolled in the MBA program at Syracuse, so he does have a degree that could support their family. He just chooses not to use it to get a well-paying, stable job.

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 2
  • I Agree 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic