IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

I’m confused by these people who need to specify that the babies are cute. I’ve never seen an un-cute baby. Do they think that their babies are the cutest? Probably because any baby that belongs to your family is the cutest. (And they’d be wrong of course because MY family’s babies are the cutest.) But when speaking of babies in general I think it’s a very safe assumption that they are cute.

• Upvote 7
  • Love 1

16 minutes ago, anachronistic said:

I’m confused by these people who need to specify that the babies are cute. I’ve never seen an un-cute baby. Do they think that their babies are the cutest? Probably because any baby that belongs to your family is the cutest. (And they’d be wrong of course because MY family’s babies are the cutest.) But when speaking of babies in general I think it’s a very safe assumption that they are cute.

I called my older son pretty a lot. He was such a pretty baby. My younger son is the cute one. He’s still so damn cute at 5. My older son went from pretty to handsome. He’s such a handsome guy.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1
  • Love 3

It's definitely Denver (20) and Praise (25). In the first Duggar Data post about Denver and a Helferich (here), DData points out the update to Denver's intro on tour:

“It is my privilege to introduce my brother and best friend, Denver.  He is 20.  He enjoys reading big, fat history books; eating dark chocolate; and working hard at home on our farm; and he praises the Lord every day for a certain young lady from Minnesota.” 

This is clearly a play on words. He PRAISES the Lord. And then apparently they all laugh like they're in on a joke. It is a pretty big age gap for that time in your life IMO. But does any fundie really mature past 18 when they are single? 

• Upvote 13

Re the family camp post: They couldn‘t go without the quotation beginning with „Wives submit to your husbands“. All I can think is how much (female) potential is wasted by patriarchy. The fundie families we discuss here are the extreme. But think about all the women that don‘t get a promotion because they‘re in the child bearing age and could be absent someday. All the mothers who are used to juggle a lot, that could make excellent managers. But they‘re denied a good job because they were away too long because of their kids and because their husbands earned more money and this is why they were the ones that stayed home. It makes me angry.

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

Carver Bowers our up some more camp pics on Instagram. 

The Wissmanns headed to another fundie camp after the Bontrager family camp. And now they are headed to wisconsin for 2 weddings and to visit their grandma. I truly hope they don’t give grandma Covid. 

• Upvote 7
  • WTF 2

16 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Wissmanns headed to another fundie camp after the Bontrager family camp. And now they are headed to wisconsin for 2 weddings and to visit their grandma. I truly hope they don’t give grandma Covid. 

When do these people work?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 3
  • I Agree 1

3 minutes ago, Melissa1977 said:

Probably live off of love offerings and the government tit.  Then they turn around and bash social programs and laziness.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

42 minutes ago, SPHASH said:

Probably live off of love offerings and the government tit.  Then they turn around and bash social programs and laziness.

Shockingly the Wissmanns do work. They have a farm. They worked on the farm a lot over the summer. They are horrible about Covid but they do work.

• Upvote 4

59 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Shockingly the Wissmanns do work. They have a farm. They worked on the farm a lot over the summer. They are horrible about Covid but they do work.

Probably get farm subsidies too.  Should check out the EWG website.  Marlin Bontrager has gotten a lot.

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carver is 18 going on 19 and has Susanna Helferich in a pic of his. I have to admit, I just might ship that.

They also arranged the pic really well:

Spoiler

Carver - Helferich Bro - Susanna Helferich - Liz Bontrager - Linc Bontrager - Unknown Friend.

I never particularly thought about it but with fundie rules... The girls are by each other and their respective brothers and so everyone in the pic is touching and it looks cohesive and normal, but no rules are broken. Credit where credit is due.

• Upvote 9

18 hours ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

I never particularly thought about it but with fundie rules... The girls are by each other and their respective brothers and so everyone in the pic is touching and it looks cohesive and normal, but no rules are broken. Credit where credit is due.

It's probably automatic at this point. I bet they don't even have to think about it. ?

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They just did a q & a in their IG story and said they are not farmers. 

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Many of the families have work from home businesses or the father works for an undisclosed company. Most of the families that are talked about on FJ the dad started out working for a company, then found a calling away from said company, like farming and ministry. The worst part about this trend is that the dad, basically, is cutting off the families main source of income. There are some families, like the Bontragers and Bowers, who were able to make it work so they can provide. Then there are those, like the Keller's (Anna Duggar's family) and Rodrigues's, that primarily survived on deputation and charity from others to support the family and get by. Plus, I have a feeling some of them leave the company in order to cut off outside influences, other than making their own schedule. 

• Upvote 4

36 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

They just did a q & a in their IG story and said they are not farmers. 

They do farm irrigation. Sorry for not specifying. It’s a bunch of dirty work on farms. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

What do Bowers do for money? Does the father work? Or the adult sons have jobs?

• Upvote 4

5 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

What do Bowers do for money? Does the father work? Or the adult sons have jobs?

Funny you should ask. Carver Bowers just advertised for his lawn care company on Instagram. Curtis seems to try to make a living from his conspiracy theories through writing, speaking engagements, and a movie he made. I have no idea if he’s successful in it.

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Well, stalking Carver Bowers’ account I found Praise’s account. It’s definitely her and Denver, not Susanna. I’ll predict a wedding in early 2021. Half the Bontragers would be married in less than 4 years.

Spoiler

50089A0B-AF7C-4C67-AA8E-005193E5E5F8.thumb.jpeg.8ef9ec172d54b61219ab5feb957c0088.jpeg

DFCB70E0-99FD-4537-A5E9-6421C2D7BC8F.thumb.jpeg.b36e098087fbbe07661d9e849db828e0.jpeg

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Well, stalking Carver Bowers’ account I found Praise’s account. It’s definitely her and Denver, not Susanna. I’ll predict a wedding in early 2021. Half the Bontragers would be married in less than 4 years.

Hide contents

50089A0B-AF7C-4C67-AA8E-005193E5E5F8.thumb.jpeg.8ef9ec172d54b61219ab5feb957c0088.jpeg

DFCB70E0-99FD-4537-A5E9-6421C2D7BC8F.thumb.jpeg.b36e098087fbbe07661d9e849db828e0.jpeg

Boy their parents sure prayed hard (pushed hard is more like it).

• Upvote 7

17 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Reveal hidden contents

There 10 Bontrager children and 5 of them are currently married (Chelsy, Mitchell, Allison, Carson, Joshua). Allison's wedding was before the boys' double anniverisary so half of their kids were married in less than 4 years. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

1 minute ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

There 10 Bontrager children and 5 of them are currently married (Chelsy, Mitchell, Allison, Carson, Joshua). Allison's wedding was before the boys' double anniverisary so half of their kids were married in less than 4 years. 

Yeah I just realized I forgot Mitchell lol. So it was half the Bons in just under 3 years (Sep 2017 to Aug 2020)

Its also interesting that there would/could be 2 sets of siblings that married 2 sets of siblings. 

• Upvote 9

The Bowers and Bontragers and Helferichseseses.

This is why I want Carver and Susanna to be a thing. Get all three families officially intertwined. Or I guess it could be Charlie and Susanna, because isn't the third sister 16ish? If she pairs with Carver, The Bowers and Helferichs could also have two sets get married. It also saves Johannah Duggar for hopefully at least a slightly less batshit set of in-laws.

• Upvote 5

8 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

Next thread title: Bowers and Bontragers and Helferichseseses: Complicating the Family Tree?

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 1

37 minutes ago, CaptainFunderpants said:

This is why I want Carver and Susanna to be a thing. Get all three families officially intertwined. Or I guess it could be Charlie and Susanna, because isn't the third sister 16ish? If she pairs with Carver, The Bowers and Helferichs could also have two sets get married. It also saves Johannah Duggar for hopefully at least a slightly less batshit set of in-laws.

The problem with the Bowers boys is do they have any income? I doubt any of these boys have a steady job or an income although a lawncare business might work if they stick with it. I think the financial aspects will have a big impact on whether or not they are able to find someone to marry. 

Hannie is too hopefully too young  to start worrying about who they will marry her off to.  There are six Bowers boys so I suppose there could be one close in age. I think JB wants to avoid another Ben Seewald situation and will try to find sons-in law like Austin, who could be self-sufficient. 

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The problem with the Bowers boys is do they have any income? I doubt any of these boys have a steady job or an income although a lawncare business might work if they stick with it. I think the financial aspects will have a big impact on whether or not they are able to find someone to marry. 

*snip*

That's a very, very good point. His instagram says he's a dairy farmer, but he hasn't used the account in 16 months. I remember when he got it to sling oils, but thankfully it appears he's deleted all traces of that other than the username.

Attractive guy and has the body of a hard worker. He seems pretty into fitness and nutrition and I bet he could do well as a certified personal trainer.

• Upvote 3

The Bontragers & Bowers have officially beaten the Mortons. Sure, the Mortons have 3 siblings married to 3 siblings. Well, 2 now, but that doesn't change the genetics of the offspring of the criminal Smith. 

The B&B&H's will have 2 siblings married to siblings in 2 families! 

That's not a bad thing. They've significantly shrunk their gene pool for the next generation. 

• Upvote 8

• samurai_sarah locked this topic