IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 6: Allison Is Married! Who Will Date Her Brothers Now?

nelliebelle1197

23 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

The Bontragers & Bowers have officially beaten the Mortons. Sure, the Mortons have 3 siblings married to 3 siblings. Well, 2 now, but that doesn't change the genetics of the offspring of the criminal Smith. 

The B&B&H's will have 2 siblings married to siblings in 2 families! 

That's not a bad thing. They've significantly shrunk their gene pool for the next generation. 

I believe the Buckinghams and the Hales have gotten pretty insular in some of their marriages too. Of course there are two Buckinghams married to two Hales. But also there is 1 Buckingham married to a Rubio and 2 Hales married to Rubios. Plus one Hale is married to Stevens and 1 Buckingham is married to a Stevens. 

I’m sure JB would love for Hannie to marry Lincoln Taylor Bontrager. He won $100,000 in the Bible Bee and he knows how to work since he’s a Bontrager. He’s 18 now so he isn’t too old for Hannie once she’s 18.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

I was thinking about the Buckinghams and the Hales, too. They are much more geographically isolated than the Duggars so it kind of makes sense. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

3 hours ago, fundiefan said:

The Bontragers & Bowers have officially beaten the Mortons. Sure, the Mortons have 3 siblings married to 3 siblings. Well, 2 now, but that doesn't change the genetics of the offspring of the criminal Smith. 

The B&B&H's will have 2 siblings married to siblings in 2 families! 

That's not a bad thing. They've significantly shrunk their gene pool for the next generation. 

I could see the Craig family marrying into the Bontragers pretty easily.  They seem to frequent the family camps and have been invited to at least one Bontrager wedding.  

• Upvote 6

1 minute ago, petrushka said:

I could see the Craig family marrying into the Bontragers pretty easily.  They seem to frequent the family camps and have been invited to at least one Bontrager wedding.  

The Bontragers are running out of potential matches! Only 4 left and only one of those four is actually a legal adult. But Lincoln Taylor is similar in age to the 4th Craig daughter. I also think a Bowers Craig match is a possibility. 

• Upvote 2

10 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The Bontragers are running out of potential matches! Only 4 left and only one of those four is actually a legal adult. But Lincoln Taylor is similar in age to the 4th Craig daughter. I also think a Bowers Craig match is a possibility. 

Lincoln and one of the single Craig daughters would  be interesting.  Looking deeper into the future, Hudson is close in age with a Craig daughter, maybe just a year younger. After all, he's been praying for a godly wife for years.

Rebs could be matched up with a couple Craig sons.  I think Liz might be too old for them.

• Upvote 2

8 minutes ago, petrushka said:

Lincoln and one of the single Craig daughters would  be interesting.  Looking deeper into the future, Hudson is close in age with a Craig daughter, maybe just a year younger. After all, he's been praying for a godly wife for years.

Rebs could be matched up with a couple Craig sons.  I think Liz might be too old for them.

The Bontragers should rename Family Camp to Fundie Match-making Camp.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1

56 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That’s a great name! 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

4 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I believe the Buckinghams and the Hales have gotten pretty insular in some of their marriages too. Of course there are two Buckinghams married to two Hales. But also there is 1 Buckingham married to a Rubio and 2 Hales married to Rubios. Plus one Hale is married to Stevens and 1 Buckingham is married to a Stevens. 

I’m sure JB would love for Hannie to marry Lincoln Taylor Bontrager. He won $100,000 in the Bible Bee and he knows how to work since he’s a Bontrager. He’s 18 now so he isn’t too old for Hannie once she’s 18.

I've said it before: Hannie is too young for us to worry about her marrying and Lincoln Taylor will be married before she's 18. 

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

The fourth one is 15/16. He's closer in age to third daughter, who's 18/19.

• Upvote 1
  • Move Along 2

5 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I've said it before: Hannie is too young for us to worry about her marrying and Lincoln Taylor will be married before she's 18. 

Yes, you’ve said this exact thing to me before. Thanks for saying it to me yet again....

• Upvote 1
  • Love 2

19 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

The fourth one is 15/16. He's closer in age to third daughter, who's 18/19.

I don't think any of us are worried about her and the Bontragers; most of us are speculating on her and a Bowers, because of the recent pic and because the Bowers four youngest sons match-up well with the Lost Girls age-wise.

• Upvote 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe that is the real purpose of the family camp - a fundie marriage market. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

12 minutes ago, browngrl said:

It’s definitely one of the many reasons. All benefiting the fundie parents.

• Upvote 3

22 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

What do Bowers do for money? Does the father work? Or the adult sons have jobs?

The dad was a politician out in Idaho before they moved to Iowa. Curtis has managed to make a name for himself in the fundie community by creating a movie called Agenda that many of the fundie families rave about because it's a bunch of BS about how the country is heading into communism because we have lost our moral compass (pretty much Marlin Bontragers speech at Allison's wedding in film form). So, the family has been doing a lot of promoting and traveling for this film, the sequel (yup sequel), and Curtis has become a guest speaker at a few IBLP events. As for the sons, I think they do lawncare and help their dad book speaking engagements, assist with the podcast he has and any other upcoming film he has in mind. Also, they have come out with a few CD's, but really haven't been as successful with them as the Bontragers.

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 1
  • Thank You 6

1 hour ago, browngrl said:

*In a very small voice* ............... Maxwell girls???

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 8

4 minutes ago, Katzchen24 said:

*In a very small voice* ............... Maxwell girls???

They went with John when he and Chelsy were  not married yet! That was a few years ago. And still single.

• Upvote 7

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The dad was a politician out in Idaho before they moved to Iowa. Curtis has managed to make a name for himself in the fundie community by creating a movie called Agenda that many of the fundie families rave about because it's a bunch of BS about how the country is heading into communism because we have lost our moral compass (pretty much Marlin Bontragers speech at Allison's wedding in film form). So, the family has been doing a lot of promoting and traveling for this film, the sequel (yup sequel), and Curtis has become a guest speaker at a few IBLP events. As for the sons, I think they do lawncare and help their dad book speaking engagements, assist with the podcast he has and any other upcoming film he has in mind. Also, they have come out with a few CD's, but really haven't been as successful with them as the Bontragers.

Yes they seem to have started the lawn care business recently. As for the rest of it, it doesn't sound that profitable. It sounds like what most of  the other fundies are doing including Jill R and Bro Gary.

• Upvote 3

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

They went with John when he and Chelsy were  not married yet! That was a few years ago. And still single.

I've wondered about this myself.  Did they get to attend more than once? Did any young men give them a second look?

It would be interesting to know how many marriages have come about from Family Camp over the years.

• Upvote 8

4 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Yes they seem to have started the lawn care business recently. As for the rest of it, it doesn't sound that profitable. It sounds like what most of  the other fundies are doing including Jill R and Bro Gary.

Not much of it sounds profitable, but Curtis Bowers seems to have built quite the circuit within the fundie community with his film Agenda. Plus, it looks like he still is able to bring in a good amount of money from the film to support his family. Also, it looks like he charges for speaking engagements and guest spots on things like Christian talk shows and podcasts. Does it sound profitable, no. But, if you go to Amazon you can see that the film Agenda and the sequel both have good reviews from customers. So, it looks like few years the film Agenda was able to bring them in a reasonably good income.

The lawncare business comes off to me as a new back up due to COVID not allowing the family to travel and do as many engagements as they would like. It seems, to me, that the family was primarily thriving on the incomes from the film. Now, with COVID the Bowers may have been restricted with speaking engagements and promotions. 

• Upvote 4
  • Love 1

The lawncare business may also be necessary if the boys are to settle down. Curtis has a very niche business. Even if he's able to support his current family, his ministry probably can't support six sons, their wives and their quivers. 

• Upvote 3

Carver Bowers posted some pictures on his insta. It seems that the whole caldwell family (including Kendra and joe) went down to Alabama to visit the Bowers family. Christian Bowers is sitting next to Lauren at dinner and they are playing a duet on the piano. If this is a fundie match, I’m surprised by it. I would have thought Charlie would be the one to catch her eye. He’s older and handsome. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

23 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Carver Bowers posted some pictures on his insta. It seems that the whole caldwell family (including Kendra and joe) went down to Alabama to visit the Bowers family. Christian Bowers is sitting next to Lauren at dinner and they are playing a duet on the piano. If this is a fundie match, I’m surprised by it. I would have thought Charlie would be the one to catch her eye. He’s older and handsome. 

In the next generation all the fundie kids will be marrying their cousins.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 8
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

. I would have thought Charlie would be the one to catch her eye. He’s older and handsome. 

Agreed. Charlie is quite easy on the eyes and I'm surprised he isn't courting yet.  As for finances, the Bowers on their blog have also mentioned owning some vending machines. And Curtis used to own at least one restaurant, but apparently sold it when they got into the fulltime conspiracy theory business.

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

Agreed. Charlie is quite easy on the eyes and I'm surprised he isn't courting yet.  As for finances, the Bowers on their blog have also mentioned owning some vending machines. And Curtis used to own at least one restaurant, but apparently sold it when they got into the fulltime conspiracy theory business.

I’m wondering if he is secretly seeing someone. He’s been so quiet and sometimes he’s nowhere to be seen in Bowers pics posted on social media.

• Upvote 3

If I remember it correctly, Agenda won the first prize at the legendary Vision Forum San Antonio Film Festival (which really says it all about both the movie and the festival...). The amount of money they won was not mere pennies, maybe $100 000?

Just how many fundie boys are able to live on lawn care?? It must be a lucrative business in the US. I'm sure with much longer growing season especially in the South, it probably is a good business opportunity. In Finland the growing season here on the south coast of the country is 3-4 months so not too much trouble to mow your own lawn, especially as the lawns here are not Texas-sized ;) 

• Upvote 4

40 minutes ago, LurkerOverThePond said:

If I remember it correctly, Agenda won the first prize at the legendary Vision Forum San Antonio Film Festival (which really says it all about both the movie and the festival...). The amount of money they won was not mere pennies, maybe $100 000?

Just how many fundie boys are able to live on lawn care?? It must be a lucrative business in the US. I'm sure with much longer growing season especially in the South, it probably is a good business opportunity. In Finland the growing season here on the south coast of the country is 3-4 months so not too much trouble to mow your own lawn, especially as the lawns here are not Texas-sized ;) 

It’s not just lawn care usually. They will also do leaf removal in the fall. Simple Bush/tree trimming and landscaping. And sometimes they will do some snow removal in the winter if it’s a snowy region. 

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 1

• samurai_sarah locked this topic