IGNORED

8 Passengers: Youtuber's Take Son's Bed and Refuse to Give Daughter Lunch

Glasgowghirl

Very disturbing:

https://kutv.com/news/8-passengers-case/kevin-franke-wanted-to-file-charges-against-daughter-with-burglary-threatens-to-sue-springville-police-jodi-hildebrandt-utah-children-daughter-shari-personal-items-tablets-cell-phones-passports-civil-issue

SPRINGVILLE, Utah (KUTV) — Newly obtained police reports outlined how some of Ruby Franke’s children and family members were able to access her home after police served a warrant and broke down the front door of the home.

According to a police report, Ruby’s husband Kevin, who admitted he hadn’t been at the home for more than a year, wanted to file charges against his daughter who went into the home and took some of the property.

If I understand correctly, his daughter is college age and attending BYU. No charges were filed against his daughter. But Kevin is still attemping to get custody of the the four minor children, including the two whose condition led to felony child abuse charges against Ruby Franke and Jody Hildebrandt.

• Thank You 7

My speculation: Kevin is glad his wife and Jodi are in a jail because now he can get back into his big nice home, he can get his stuff back, and he can now be in charge. He was pretty screwed before Ruby and Jodi were arrested. He was allowing his wife and Jodi to run everything. I personally think he’s both a victim and perpetrator. He was fine with everything Ruby did before Jodi pushed him out. He was fine with the abuse until he was kicked out. Now I bet he loves having the house back and all the control. I think he wants Shari to fall in line with whatever he thinks is best. But Shari won’t be doing that. He won’t like having to answer for the abuse he allowed before he was kicked out. 

• Upvote 14

On 9/30/2023 at 5:43 AM, Pleiades_06 said:

And their fixation on masturbation is gross.

For decades, this has been a major component of mainstream LDS teachings for adolescents. In 1976, the LDS church published General Authority Boyd K. Packer's To Young Men Only, a.k.a. the infamous "little factory" diatribe about masturbation:

I wish to explain something that will help you understand your young manhood and help you develop self-control. When this power begins to form, it might be likened to having a little factory in your body, one designed to produce the product that can generate life.

This little factory moves quietly into operation as a normal and expected pattern of growth and begins to produce the lifegiving substance. It will do so perhaps as long as you live. It works very slowly. That is the way it should be. For the most part, unless you tamper with it, you will hardly be aware that it is working at all.

As you move closer to manhood, this little factory will sometimes produce an oversupply of this substance. The Lord has provided a way for that to be released. It will happen without any help or without any resistance from you. Perhaps, one night you will have a dream. In the course of it the release valve that controls the factory will open and release all that is excess.

This POS publication is also very homophobic so be forewarned if you read it. 

What is it with fundies and sex? They seem to be more obsessed than just about any other group.

Edited by hoipolloi
clarity
  • Upvote 8
  • Disgust 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

On 9/30/2023 at 9:43 AM, Pleiades_06 said:

And their fixation on masturbation is gross. He mentioned a teen girl being asked by her bishop if she masturbated and not understanding what he meant-so the bishop explained it.

Ick!  Jessi Hildebrant (Jodi's niece) was accused by Jodi of frequent masturbation.  Jessi, 15 or 16 at the time, says she had no understanding at that point in her life that girls/women could masturbate. 

• Upvote 5

Law and Crime video posted today reveals who broke down the door.  And details who picked up A & J (PAM Bodtcher, president of connexions - I think)

Spoiler

It also brings up the accusation against S by Kevin and alleged missing electronics.  

• Thank You 2

53 minutes ago, clueliss said:

Law and Crime video posted today reveals who broke down the door.  And details who picked up A & J (PAM Bodtcher, president of connexions - I think)

Reveal hidden contents

It also brings up the accusation against S by Kevin and alleged missing electronics.  

The way Kevin Franke's attorney refers to his client doing stuff in the past tense is strange.

Edited by FiveAcres
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

If you guys don’t want to watch YouTube stuff, there’s now a show on Hulu. It’s called IMPACT x Nightline. It’s all about Ruby and Jodi. They interview John from Mormon stories, Adam Steed, and Jessi Hidebrandt. 

• Thank You 5

KUTV piece on PamBidtcher having A and J.  They wanted to stay with Bodtcher but the state apparently placed them with Shari ( if I’m hearing things correctly).  It also says that the missing items from the home were taken by Shari for her siblings (the two with her and the two is state custody in Southern Utah).  S returned the ite,a to police but allegedly Kevin still wanted charges pressed.  

Spoiler

Posted roughly 19 hours ago.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

5 minutes ago, clueliss said:

KUTV piece on PamBidtcher having A and J.  They wanted to stay with Bodtcher but the state apparently placed them with Shari ( if I’m hearing things correctly).  It also says that the missing items from the home were taken by Shari for her siblings (the two with her and the two is state custody in Southern Utah).  S returned the ite,a to police but allegedly Kevin still wanted charges pressed.  

Hide contents

Posted roughly 19 hours ago.

Kevin obviously agreed with Ruby’s punishing mindset. He was fine with all the extreme punishments  given out while he was still in the home. I’m not surprised he wants Shari punished. It’s a very stupid move. If he ever wants his family back, he will have to work well with Shari and develop a better relationship. He needs to get it through his head that Shari is no longer a child. He can’t punish her anymore. 

• Upvote 5

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

He needs to get it through his head that Shari is no longer a child. He can’t punish her anymore. 

It will totally serve him right if Shari testifies about what really went on that family while he was still in the home. I highly doubt that the abusive treatment only started when Ruby & Jodi took up with each other, after he was kicked out.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

6 minutes ago, hoipolloi said:

It will totally serve him right if Shari testifies about what really went on that family while he was still in the home. I highly doubt that the abusive treatment only started when Ruby & Jodi took up with each other, after he was kicked out.

In my opinion, we saw abusive treatment on the family channel while he was still in the home. It’s why we all knew about Ruby on FJ long before Jodi and Ruby’s arrest. Because taking your child’s bed away and then sending him to a wilderness camp for months on end and then making your kindergartener go hungry because she forgot her lunch is abusive IMO. If that’s what she shared online, I don’t want to know what she didn’t share. He was ok with that behavior. I do think it escalated after he moved out and Jodi got more involved in their lives. But it was still abusive before. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Because taking your child’s bed away and then sending him to a wilderness camp for months on end and then making your kindergartener go hungry because she forgot her lunch is abusive IMO.

Of course itʻs abusive. Hopefully, those videos have been retrieved and are available for review by the court.

Having Shari and perhaps other kids testify on what wasn't filmed would almost certainly make things worse for Kevin. He shouldn't be allowed around his minor children without direct supervision.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

Since we're in a bit of a lull with Jodi H and Ruby F in the slammer, something Mormon Stories related.  First, I've listened to a Mormon Stories podcast about the Mountain Meadows Massacre.  Excellent. 

Just wrapped up a few hours of an interview with the late Dr. Michael Coe, perhaps the most well-known Mayan archaeologist. 

It was really a way to go over the lack of evidence in the archaeological record for many things recounted in the book of Mormon.  Dr. Coe was a captivating speaker. Highly recommended. 

• Thank You 2

2 hours ago, Howl said:

the Mountain Meadows Massacre

There are a couple of good books on this that go over the evidence in conjunction with the historical record. First, Juanita Brooksʻ classic, The Mountain Meadows Massacre, and then the more recent work, Blood of the Prophets, by Will Bagley. Also found these podcasts/YT videos: a recent podcast on how Juanita Brooks came to write her book and a 2-part interview with an archaeologist who has studied the Mormon Meadows site.

• Thank You 3

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

archaeologist who has studied the Mormon Meadows site.

I’ve watched another podcast (Mormonish podcast, Ep. 50) where Everett Bassett shows how he pinpointed the location using old Army records.  Fascinating information on a horrific subject.  The site, if I understood correctly, has been purchased by the LDS church for maintenance and protection of the burial areas.  Thanks for the link to what may be a more in-depth interview.  

PS, the Mormonish YouTube version has maps and photos. 

Edited by CTRLZero
Adding info.
  • Thank You 1

It bothers me so much that the Mormon church sits on billions of dollars and decides to spend a small chunk of that money on shit therapists. Who shame people for masturbating. Think of all the food they could do for their members with that money. But they choose to hoard it and only spend a little bit on things that harm their church members. 

• Upvote 8

8 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

the Mormon church sits on billions of dollars and decides to spend a small chunk of that money on shit therapists.

Iʻd hoped we might learn more about just where that money goes from the SECʻs charges earlier this year but the LDS church settled that right damn quick.

Washington D.C., Feb. 21, 2023 —

The Securities and Exchange Commission today announced charges against Ensign Peak Advisers Inc., a non-profit entity operated by The Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints to manage the Church’s investments, for failing to file forms that would have disclosed the Church’s equity investments, and for instead filing forms for shell companies that obscured the Church’s portfolio and misstated Ensign Peak’s control over the Church’s investment decisions. The SEC also announced charges against the Church for causing these violations. To settle the charges, Ensign Peak agreed to pay a $4 million penalty and the Church agreed to pay a $1 million penalty.

• Upvote 2

More off-topic, but a story out of Utah.  A neighborhood got together and “Barbie-fied” their houses for Halloween.  I can’t envision this a few decades ago.  Here’s a gifted link:  Barbie in Utah - Washington Post

Worth taking a look, especially for the final sentence under spoiler.

Spoiler

Plus, she added, “seeing a gravestone that says ‘RIP Patriarchy’ is also pretty great.”

• Love 5

37 minutes ago, CTRLZero said:

More off-topic, but a story out of Utah.  A neighborhood got together and “Barbie-fied” their houses for Halloween.  I can’t envision this a few decades ago.  Here’s a gifted link:  Barbie in Utah - Washington Post

Worth taking a look, especially for the final sentence under spoiler.

Hide contents

Plus, she added, “seeing a gravestone that says ‘RIP Patriarchy’ is also pretty great.”

I would totally go see that house if I lived in her town. We have a very scary clown house near us. We love to go walk by it at night in October. They have so many creepy clowns. Some even move and cackle. 

• Upvote 3

I drove by BYU campus yesterday and couldn’t help but think of Shari. Midterms are likely in full swing and she has her family’s troubles and legal challenges hanging over her thoughts.

We are visiting campus later this week but there’s only one student I plan to see - my youngest sibling who we are taking out for a meal and maybe buying groceries to stock her pantry/fridge.

• Upvote 9

14 minutes ago, BensAllergies said:

I drove by BYU campus yesterday and couldn’t help but think of Shari. Midterms are likely in full swing and she has her family’s troubles and legal challenges hanging over her thoughts.

We are visiting campus later this week but there’s only one student I plan to see - my youngest sibling who we are taking out for a meal and maybe buying groceries to stock her pantry/fridge.

I feel sorry for her. College is stressful enough. At least she has her aunts and extended family. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

There was briefly a report (which was then scrubbed from the site) on KUTV that the judge has sealed the proceedings of the custody proceedings for the Franke minors.

• Thank You 5

John Dehlin of Mormon Stories is getting ready to turn over some rocks. 

His post on Facebook today (and presumably other social media):  Seeking intel on Utah therapist Thom Harrison, Neal A. Maxwell, Visions of Glory, Utah Child @buse, LDS “P0rn addiction,” and LDS Church. Email me: mormonstories@gmail.com

I took a minute to google Thom Harrison, and yeah, very Mormon.  Here's one source that discusses his approach.  It's a video, but just scroll down for the text (it's not a transcript). 

Reconnecting Head and Heart with Thom Harrison on Mormon Marriages 

• Thank You 1

22 minutes ago, Howl said:

John Dehlin of Mormon Stories is getting ready to turn over some rocks.

Interesting.  I remember when he was ordered (cease & desist) to pull his interview with Adam Steed, Dehlin made a public request for anyone with any interaction with Jodi Hildebrandt to contact him.  I’m guessing this latest request is subsequent to that.

Re: Thom Harrison.  Any therapist who wants a Mormon apostle looking over your shoulder while you are wrestling with psychological issues may be problematic… 

Spoiler

Allow the spirit to lead you to the resources, therapy, coping mechanisms, medication, earthly angels, and healthy perceptions that assist you in integrating your mind and your heart and your soul.

Elder Holland said the following about bringing God into your mental health story:

Faithfully pursue the time-tested devotional practices that bring the Spirit of the Lord into your life. Seek the counsel of those who hold keys for your spiritual well-being. Ask for and cherish priesthood blessings. Take the sacrament every week, and hold fast to the perfecting promises of the Atonement of Jesus Christ. Believe in miracles. I have seen so many of them come when every other indication would say that hope was lost. Hope is never lost. If those miracles do not come soon or fully or seemingly at all, remember the Savior’s own anguished example: if the bitter cup does not pass, drink it and be strong, trusting in happier days ahead.

• Coconut Flan locked this topic