IGNORED

Bontragers/Bowers 5: It Is Really not Okay to Date Your Brother

nelliebelle1197

1 hour ago, petrushka said:

Found an old article about a Mrs. Helferich from Mountain Lake MN.  Apparently they do missionary work in Mexico during the winter and live in MN in the summer.  Wouldn't surprise me if Allison met Jeremiah while her family was on tour.  My guess FWIW.

https://www.postbulletin.com/butterfield-s-summer-kitchen-rolling-in-the-dough/article_04e3a2b1-4348-520c-9978-7ca1ff20c305.html

I would also like to live in a warm country in winter and in a fresher one in summer. I suppose I should have graduated in evangelism instead of law!!!

• Upvote 7

I wonder if he has a brother Isaiah Helferich?  Found one on FB who lives in MN that strongly resembles Jeremiah and is married with a couple kids.  Looks like his wife definitely is not skirts only, nor does she double layer her shirts.  They are big Trump supporters.

Mountain Lake MN has a strong history of Mennonite settlers.  Wonder if Jeremiah is Mennonite?

• Upvote 4

Sure I take my husband’s likes and dislikes into account. But damn, I would never change up my whole look for him. It’s most important for me to feel comfortable in my own clothing and if my husband liked me in pleather and chains, then too bad. If she is wearing a flannel to her proposal to please him, then it makes me a little sad. I don’t remember her being huge into flannels before.

• Upvote 9

I’m just happy for her because she is so clearly miserable touring on that bus all the time. I think that knowing it’s her last time doing it will make this tour a lot more bearable for her.

also, she specifically says dating, not courting. That’s interesting as I don’t recall other fundies doing it.

• Upvote 3

Just now, anachronistic said:

I’m just happy for her because she is so clearly miserable touring on that bus all the time. I think that knowing it’s her last time doing it will make this tour a lot more bearable for her.

also, she specifically says dating, not courting. That’s interesting as I don’t recall other fundies doing it.

Chelsy also doesn’t say court. I don’t think the Bontragers are big into “courting” even though their dating probably looks similar to courting. 

• Upvote 10

14 minutes ago, petrushka said:

I wonder if he has a brother Isaiah Helferich?  Found one on FB who lives in MN that strongly resembles Jeremiah and is married with a couple kids.  Looks like his wife definitely is not skirts only, nor does she double layer her shirts.  They are big Trump supporters.

Mountain Lake MN has a strong history of Mennonite settlers.  Wonder if Jeremiah is Mennonite?

Oh my f*cking gOd. That tRump love is strong, and delusional. 

The scurge of America - people who follow without thought. It's never been more apparent than in the last almost 4 years. Also, they've been totally duped & used - - those of the evangelical christian persuasion - and they keep choosing for it to happen. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

8 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh my f*cking gOd. That tRump love is strong, and delusional. 

The scurge of America - people who follow without thought. It's never been more apparent than in the last almost 4 years. Also, they've been totally duped & used - - those of the evangelical christian persuasion - and they keep choosing for it to happen. 

Personally I would have been completely shocked if she had chosen someone from a more progressive family. The Bontragers May have preferred candidates like Cruz and Santorum, but it’s very likely they will be voting for trump come November.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 6

35 minutes ago, petrushka said:

There is also a Josh Helferich that owns a "Quad Brothers Construction" company in Mountain Lake: https://www.bbb.org/us/mn/mountain-lake/profile/construction-services/quad-brothers-construction-llc-0704-96559941

2 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

There’s an article about a Jeremiah S. Helferich in Mountain Lake Minnesota Who got in a car accident. Pretty sure it’s him. It’s from July 2015 and says he was 19 at the time. 

https://www.cross-countiesconnect.com/2015/07/mountain-lake-man-involved-in-i-90-freeborn-county-accident/

I would suggest that Alison always wear a seat belt. Here's another male Mountain Lake Helferich who had an accident: https://www.mankatofreepress.com/news/local_news/driver-injured-in-st-james-crash/article_b1c1e2ee-96a3-11e8-9789-df1030a641c9.html

• Upvote 3
  • Rufus Bless 1

20 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Personally I would have been completely shocked if she had chosen someone from a more progressive family. The Bontragers May have preferred candidates like Cruz and Santorum, but it’s very likely they will be voting for trump come November.

Oh, I am not the least bit surprised - aside from the fact that I am still shocked and somewhat surprised that any human being with an ounce of sense gets sucked in. I'm always a little taken aback at the willful ignorance, even though I know how rampant it is. My brain seriously just cannot comprehend it. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

8 minutes ago, fundiefan said:

Oh, I am not the least bit surprised - aside from the fact that I am still shocked and somewhat surprised that any human being with an ounce of sense gets sucked in. I'm always a little taken aback at the willful ignorance, even though I know how rampant it is. My brain seriously just cannot comprehend it. 

They have to double down. If they saw trump for what he is, they would realize they were conned by a egotistical conman. And no one likes feeling stupid. 

Josiah, Jeremiah, Isaiah Helferich? I would guess they are all brothers. They all fit the fundie naming style.

Allison is friends with a Praise Helferich on FB. That’s one of the fundiest names I’ve seen in awhile. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

15 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She was only nurturing their manhood.

Eww ?

• Haha 3
  • I Agree 3

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I may be misremembering but I thought that they really disliked Trump? I remember a post during election time. However, this could have been during the primary. 

1 minute ago, ElizaB said:

I may be misremembering but I thought that they really disliked Trump? I remember a post during election time. However, this could have been during the primary. 

I don’t remember but it really doesn’t even matter is they don’t like him. They will still vote for him because they think the alternative (Biden) is worse.

• Upvote 9

2 hours ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

They proudly hung out with Roy Moore, so Trump is right up their alley.

They were definitely strongly against Trump back in 2016. It was the one positive thing I could think of to say about them back then. However, whether or not they're still against Trump today, I have no idea.

• Upvote 3

Man, what is it with these Mountain Helferich boys and automobile infractions? Jeremiah also got fined for expired auto insurance after his car accident. I hope this isn't a sign of financial difficulties, or--worse--some sort of "sovereign citizen" "I'm a white man and laws don't apply to me" bullsh*t:

The Daily Globe (Worthington, Minnesota)

June 8, 2009 Monday

Citations: June 8, 2009: The following charges have been filed in area district courts:

June 4: Barbara Jean Rehnelt, Windom, theft; Otto Kenneth Ober, Wilder, speed greater than reasonable; Isaiah Ray Helferich, Mountain Lake, vehicle registration required, no driver's license in possession, uninsured vehicle; 

• Upvote 4

Yet another flannel! Ok I’m convinced. She’s wearing them because he likes them. She never used to wear flannels this much. 

FC0D6ACE-0A30-4734-BAC4-DF46E0961DB0.jpeg

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 2

Oh barf! That Instagram caption is insufferable.

I actually used to sympathize with Allison and her season of singleness because I knew exactly what she was going through. I even felt sorry for her because she had far less agency than I have to find a husband.

Yet, here she is - newly engaged and obnoxious. And here I am - recently dumped and depressed.

Okay, back to my bitter corner of Spinsterville.

• Love 36

7 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yet another flannel! Ok I’m convinced. She’s wearing them because he likes them. She never used to wear flannels this much

Is he a farmer? I think Alison is trying to create a pinteresty farmer lady style. Wants to look austere and not focused in appearances. I bet his family is not posh at all and she wants to fit in.

From her posts, I got the impression he wanted a well-off, manly, elegant farmer that resembled a 50's actor. She said she loooves 50's style and her dream was living in a comfy, well decorated farm. Like Rachel Wissman.

I'm not sure if that family of bad drivers is her dream come true. I hope I'm wrong and everything comes good to her. 

• Upvote 9

I'm tired, and when I looked at #74daystillido, my brain read "74daysdildo"

Carry on.

This wedding reception will be a Pinterestcountryhaybaleburlapmasonjar extravaganza, won't it?

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 30
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 minute ago, HereticHick said:

This wedding reception will be a Pinterestcountryhaybaleburlapmasonjar extravaganza, won't it?

Based on the sudden affectation for plaid lumber jack shirts, I say you hit the nail on the head

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 2

I was looking at the Bontrager summer tour schedule and it looks like Allison will be cutting it close. I think their last gig is August 9th. Shewill be doing a lot of wedding planning on the bus.

• Upvote 5

Allison just posted on her insta that she did get engaged 4 days ago. I really thought it had been a few weeks at least.

2 and 1/2 month engagement...I think it’s the shortest of the Bontragers. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2

What I don‘t get is how she could write about the season of being single and give advice to others and then suddenly say „My dearest friend and the love of my life, Jeremiah, asked me to marry him“, while we don’t know for how long she was dating the guy? that‘s just so dishonest. I mean just stop writing about being single.

• Upvote 14

37 minutes ago, Smash! said:

What I don‘t get is how she could write about the season of being single and give advice to others and then suddenly say „My dearest friend and the love of my life, Jeremiah, asked me to marry him“, while we don’t know for how long she was dating the guy? that‘s just so dishonest. I mean just stop writing about being single.

Or she could have been honest about dating and said “this is how I did things while I was single” guess she didn’t want anyone to know she was dating in case it fell through. Which is dumb. I know they are trying to show that courtship works and dating doesn’t but still.

• Upvote 2

• nelliebelle1197 locked, unlocked and locked this topic