IGNORED

Lori Alexander 76: Ken Advises Saving?

I've been reading Lori's blog and FB off and on for the past few weeks. I do think some people on both her side of the family and Ken's side probably have some dislike for her. It's not surprising that she mentions the father-in-law's death and then goes back to ranting and saying hateful crap. 

I think there was drama in the past between Lori and the in-laws. When Ken posted here, he mentioned being the poor kid of a missionary and he hinted that his background clashed with Lori's upper middle class background. I wouldn't put it past Lori to have looked down on her father-in-law for not having as much as her father did. 

• Upvote 9

On 5/30/2020 at 5:16 PM, wallysmommy said:

Now I'm questioning if I have a latent missionary call to go to Paris to minister -- through wine, food, and shopping.

I lived in Johannesburg, in 88/89. I joined some antiapartheid groups. We once had a lovely potluck dinner meeting and we were joking about what I could tell Canadians, back home about my antiapartheid activities. 'I went to dinner parties '

• Upvote 2
  • Love 6

2 minutes ago, jjmennonite said:

I lived in Johannesburg, in 88/89. I joined some antiapartheid groups. We once had a lovely potluck dinner meeting and we were joking about what I could tell Canadians, back home about my antiapartheid activities. 'I went to dinner parties '

If I remember right, Mitt Romney did his Morman mission in Paris. When he was running for President he said going door to door trying to persuade Parisians they shouldn't drink alcohol or have nonmarital sex was good practice for politics -- you learn to talk respectfully with people who think you are crazy. Now that Mitt has shown himself to be a stand-up guy at least in some circumstances, I wonder if that experience helped him.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4

On 5/30/2020 at 2:07 PM, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

God told Ken's dad he needed to be a missionary ... in Paris. How......interesting. I don't  remember that ever being mentioned before.  How does one know that God wants you to be a missionary in Paris?  Do you throw a dart at a map and that's where you go?  Fundies are endlessly fascinating -- in a really weird bizarre way.

A friend in college had Mormon cousins, although his family branch were not.  The 2 brothers got sent together on their mission trip -- to Rome.  He said they admitted not a soul was converted but they had a hella good time for 2 years..

I have a friend whose husband is an ex-Mormon. He served a mission in Toronto and he had a similar experience. No conversions, but he enjoyed his time in Canada for the most part.  I remember reading some thread on an ex-Mormon forum, where people talked about either not doing much on their missions or being pushed into tons of volunteering/service hours because they were sent to areas in which pretty much no one was going to convert to LDS. 

• Upvote 4

Lori really tries it with the “there’s not one verse in the Bible that talks about racism”. There isn’t a verse in the Bible that directly mentions pastors, abortion, drugs, using grease as lotion, ten minutes and some lube, organic food only, computers, social media, or a billion other things yet here we are. You can’t use literalism to fit your agenda because it just doesn’t work. 

I strongly suspect that Lori doesn’t appear to mourn for her FIL’s passing because she’s stuffed her emotions so far down she can’t even find them. To her emotions are sinful so I wouldn’t be surprised if she simply said something like “we can’t be sad because we’re gonna see him in heaven. Our sadness dishonors God because it shows we don’t trust his promise”. I read in a book (just a mystery novel) that sociopaths are created and psychopaths are born. It almost seems like Lori has created a sociopath in herself. 

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 2

All the most obvious tenets of humanity might not be mentioned in the Bible, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't be decent and kind just because it's humane.  Along with her emotions she's forgotten about common sense and basic decency towards her fellow men and women.

6 hours ago, lilwriter85 said:

I have a friend whose husband is an ex-Mormon. He served a mission in Toronto and he had a similar experience. No conversions, but he enjoyed his time in Canada for the most part.  I remember reading some thread on an ex-Mormon forum, where people talked about either not doing much on their missions or being pushed into tons of volunteering/service hours because they were sent to areas in which pretty much no one was going to convert to LDS. 

I don't know if I've told this story here, but here goes:  I spent my junior year of college in a French city living with a French family back in the late 70's. I knew very little about Mormons even though there was a Mormon church not far from my house.  One day two young Mormon missionaries buzzed at the gate of the house where I was living.  I was home alone and let them into the yard.  They looked safe enough and I thought they were lost and needed help.  I opened the door and they launched into the worst French I've ever heard (I'm a French teacher) asking if I would be interested in learning about their faith.  They were from Utah! They didn't recognize that I was American, and so when I answered them with my American accent they were surprised.  I was so shocked by their nerve that I actually asked them why they were in a Catholic country trying to convert people.  No answer from them.  After that day I would see them around at the laundromat or shopping.  I quickly realized that they couldn't be my friends because I wasn't interested becoming a Mormon, and I'm sure I was just too worldly and lost. I can't imagine they had much luck finding converts in that very conventional Catholic city at that particular time.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 1

My favorite personal Mormon missionary story is when we saw them in Bora Bora, trying to convert (mostly) French, topless sunbathers. Oh yeah, that works.

I’ve been following LazyLori for years, and know she’s an awful hypocrite, but I swear she’s raising her hypocrisy to entirely new levels. One minute she’s telling her followers they shouldn’t be bothered or caught up in today’s events and politics, the next minute she is liking and re-tweeting every single tweet the Covidiot in Chief puts out. Is it possible for me to despise a person more than I do her? I really don’t think so. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 12

When was the last time Ken saw his father? Could they have not traveled one or two weeks to France before or after Door County? It's not like money is an issue. By Lori's actions, it appears she did not like his father. If my in-laws lived in France, I would go visit even if I didn't like them. Free hotel ?Ken could have visited and left Lazy Lori behind. Goodness, she spent every summer with her family. 

• Upvote 9

I'm going to give Lori this: No one and I mean NO ONE can dig in their heals more than she can.  Once she gets on something she just WON'T let go.  No ONE is "RIGHTER" than she is. ON ANYTHING..

By her own standards (Racism isn't in the Bible so it doesn't exist) Feminism doesn't exist either.  So there. 

• Upvote 10

Why oh why does she play this game? Half of what she does isn't there.

Besides, some argue that Jesus was involved in social justice by caring for "the least of these".

1665000061_ScreenShot2020-06-03at2_13_56PM.thumb.png.f7f535df1406ad066e4f0b61d538d57b.png

Edited by PinkPrincess0213
Formatting errors
  • Upvote 8
  • Angry 1
  • Disgust 2
  • I Agree 1

1 hour ago, SongRed7 said:

I'm going to give Lori this: No one and I mean NO ONE can dig in their heals more than she can.  Once she gets on something she just WON'T let go.  No ONE is "RIGHTER" than she is. ON ANYTHING..

By her own standards (Racism isn't in the Bible so it doesn't exist) Feminism doesn't exist either.  So there. 

Oh, no, she'll tell you feminism started with Eve in Genesis, so since it's in the Bible it definitely exists. ? 

The gaslighting she's doing on racism is unbelievable.  NLQ's got some of the stuff she's been posting in her sooper sekrut chatroom. Warning, it will infuriate like almost nothing she's ever said before has infuriated.

https://www.patheos.com/blogs/nolongerquivering/2020/06/racism-in-the-secret-roach-nest/?fbclid=IwAR0DmBRbko47FPaqA3RZ3CMgwFaJjisDIYFJcTDNGsZhui7zG27LWkpDpVg

(ETA: I just realised it may be against the rules to post a link to something that contains non-public material. Please handslap me hard if that's the case. :pb_redface: )

Edited by Loveday
  • Upvote 4
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 2

1 hour ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

Why oh why does she play this game? Half of what she does isn't there.

Besides, some argue that Jesus was involved in social justice by caring for "the least of these".

1665000061_ScreenShot2020-06-03at2_13_56PM.thumb.png.f7f535df1406ad066e4f0b61d538d57b.png

I couldn’t believe this. Every time I’m convinced that she simply can’t say anything more ridiculous, she reaches a new low. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 4

6 minutes ago, HoneyBunny said:

I couldn’t believe this. Every time I’m convinced that she simply can’t say anything more ridiculous, she reaches a new low. 

She might as well just come right out and say that everything Jesus ever said about helping others is wrong. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3

Is she joking about Christians not getting involved in social justice??

Jesus' whole ministry was about social justice!  Sharing our food and worldly goods, loving each other, taking care of each other, forgiving each other.  

His WHOLE FREAKIN'  MINISTRY!!

A person certainly doesn't have to be a Christian to work for social justice, but I believe if you call yourself a Christian you must work for social justice. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 8

I’m not a fan of Alyssa, but I will say she’s been posting some content in her stories that is very much against Lori’s screeching about racism. I’ll give her props for that. Hopefully she’s also reading, contemplating, and identifying other ways to empower our brothers and sisters of color. 

• Upvote 7

2 minutes ago, Frog99 said:

I’m not a fan of Alyssa, but I will say she’s been posting some content in her stories that is very much against Lori’s screeching about racism. I’ll give her props for that. Hopefully she’s also reading, contemplating, and identifying other ways to empower our brothers and sisters of color. 

I'm trying to keep it together right now. I want to slap Lori and all the other idiots so hard...they have NO clue. I'm afraid for my friends, for my friends' kids, for my non-white grandchildren. What is WRONG with these people who don't seem to get that everyone is (according to their beliefs) created in the likeness and image of the Creator...the creator shows their universality by the diversity of creation. How the hell can you hate one part of creation? What the fuck is WRONG with people? Why??? Don't they understand that Jesus (the one they claim to follow) was a dark skinned, dark haired middle-eastern man? They hate them too...Sorry y'all...I'm all tied up in knots over this. I want to sit and cry for everyone, to grab people, shake them and ask them why they see things that cause such hate? I read the things my friends write about being afraid to be certain places or certain stores or to walk out of a store empty handed because they feel the eyes of suspision (sp) on them. WHY? I have never had to deal with it, but I can't imagine the fear, the inability to be free...all because of one physical characteristic. 

Sending love and peace into the universe and hoping it lands where it should. 

• Upvote 5
  • Love 15

How do you spread the gospel to people if you aren’t addressing issues of social justice? That message basically says “I don’t give a fuck about how hard your life is here on earth and the pain and suffering you’re going through but I do want to save your soul. Have you heard about Jesus?” I get the impression that Lori wants an excuse to not do anything that would inconvenience her. 

I’m gonna guess that she would be perfectly fine with someone protesting at an abortion clinic. For many, they’d see that as a social justice issue. So really her hatred of social justice only applies if it’s helping POC, women, or LGBTQ people. Oh and those in sex slavery, she wrote a whole article about not caring about that too. 

• Upvote 10
  • Love 5

10 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

How do you spread the gospel to people if you aren’t addressing issues of social justice? That message basically says “I don’t give a fuck about how hard your life is here on earth and the pain and suffering you’re going through but I do want to save your soul. Have you heard about Jesus?” I get the impression that Lori wants an excuse to not do anything that would inconvenience her

I’m gonna guess that she would be perfectly fine with someone protesting at an abortion clinic. For many, they’d see that as a social justice issue. So really her hatred of social justice only applies if it’s helping POC, women, or LGBTQ people. Oh and those in sex slavery, she wrote a whole article about not caring about that too. 

I would give this post 5 upvotes if I could. And that bolder sentence is LazyLori in a nutshell. 

Just now, HoneyBunny said:

I would give this post 5 upvotes if I could. And that bolded sentence is LazyLori in a nutshell. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 7

Lori keeps saying there is no racism in the Bible, but there are mentions of hate.  What would racism be except hatred of the "other"?  

Jesus is the very definition of a social justice warrior.  Lori's Jesus seems to be a Jesus she made up to confirm her ideas, beliefs and prejudices

So Lori is right and all the rest of you feminist/ jezebel/ humanist/ atheist/ career having/ secular/ non-home keeper/ college educated/ emotional/ equality loving/ wussy men/ loud/ confrontational/ non-child beating/ etc., etc., people are just wrong, wrong, wrong.  W. R. O. N. G.

LoriJesus says so.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

I've been avoiding Lori lately, but I read some of her followers' "wisdom" on racism and social justice. So civic and political action is pointless because the root problem is sin. The concept that those sinful people have created norms and legislation that continue to oppress other people seems to be too complex for them. A change of heart -- even if they were actually interested in changes of heart, which seems unlikely -- that is not accompanied by a change of laws and practices is mighty small comfort. Their attitude is where a lot of willful, determined ignorance allied with just enough outright racism gets you. Screw 'em.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2

4 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori's Jesus seems to be a Jesus she made up to confirm her ideas, beliefs and prejudices.

To be fair, every believer has made up their own deity to be the way they want, but Lori’s is particularly awful. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 6/3/2020 at 8:15 PM, PinkPrincess0213 said:

:bangheaddesk:                                     :bangheaddesk:                                     :bangheaddesk:                                       :bangheaddesk:

(The exasperated smileys get extra space between them during this pandemic.)

I am starting to believe that Lori is a troll. She doesn't actually believe any of this. She deliberately chooses the most violent and hateful things to say in order to get reactions. Isn't this quite obviously just meant to enrage people ?

Oh, Lori, just in case I am wrong : please read Matthew 25,35-40 ("For I was hungry..."). Seems quite clear to me.

5 hours ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori keeps saying there is no racism in the Bible, but there are mentions of hate.  What would racism be except hatred of the "other"?  

Racism is a newish concept, but the Bible is full of mentions of "foreigners". Ethnicity is extremely important and quite a few passages deal with the way strangers and immigrants should be treated (like the above mentioned Matthew 25). Jesus also had a little story about a Samaritan (not even the same religion...).

Oh, and if all these parables are somehow too difficult to understand : "Go and do likewise" is a command. Go ahead, Lori.

Edited by ignorantobserver
  • Upvote 14

Today's blog comment -- someone asked if girls need to be educated beyond 6th grade.  Lazy (and stupid) Lori agreed with this person.  If they can read well and do Saxon math then they don't need no edjumakation.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 4

30 minutes ago, wallysmommy said:

Today's blog comment -- someone asked if girls need to be educated beyond 6th grade.  Lazy (and stupid) Lori agreed with this person.  If they can read well and do Saxon math then they don't need no edjumakation.

But then they're expected to homeschool all 20 of their kids when the time comes. Sure, Lori. :roll:

• Upvote 12

• Coconut Flan locked this topic