IGNORED

Lori Alexander 76: Ken Advises Saving?

I've given up on clean right now.  Living in ~500 square feet with two dogs that shed like mad, a pack rat husband, & myself who neeedds her books, yeeeeaaaahhh.  My friend sent me an instant pot a few months ago & I was a bit skeptical about it at first, now it's my best friend. My first husband was (is) a minimalist who loved antiseptic clean so our places were always kept up, we'd tag team the place weekly.  My husband now is..... bachelor clean lol. I kick him out when I need to get crazy with it.  

Lori has proven over& over that she's just a lazy twit. Why worry about the floors if the carpet is dark enough to not show the dirt? And honestly, isn't it really the maid's fault anyway? Madame would be giving orders from the fainting couch with a bag of frozen peas on her poor wittle neck. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

Lori talking about her dad working sooo many hours he couldn’t help at all. I wonder how many hours he actually worked. When I looked it up I saw an average 40-45 hour work week for pathologists (that’s what he was right?) . Now maybe it has changed over the years and I know working more hours for doctors is a possibility but I do wonder if it was that many hours that he wouldn’t be be able to help at all. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, Sarah92 said:

Lori talking about her dad working sooo many hours he couldn’t help at all. I wonder how many hours he actually worked. When I looked it up I saw an average 40-45 hour work week for pathologists (that’s what he was right?) . Now maybe it has changed over the years and I know working more hours for doctors is a possibility but I do wonder if it was that many hours that he wouldn’t be be able to help at all. 

I doubt a man, and specially a conservative man, was expected to help at home those days. It wasn't fair but it was the norm, unfortunately for the wives. It was the children who had to help. But I suspect that Lazy Lori was not very obedient and blamed dad wasn't helping as an excuse for her to do the same.

Lori blames his father for not helping at home, but at least he was earning a good salary. She quit her job to be a SAHM and was unable to cook for her family! 

Lori, the always wrong one.

• Upvote 8

Lori Alexander is a racist through and through.  Her blog and FB post today on "we can't fix the world" has me so angry, but I'm convinced nothing will make her see the light. What about all the verses about seeking justice for the downtrodded, the poor, etc?  What about loving your neighbor? It's not a passive action. We are supposed to act on that. 

Yesterday I stumbled across this video from Phil Vischer (a Christian and creator of of Veggie Tales series...he was also voice of Bob the Tomato)...He makes so much sense and seems to be aiming this at Christians who want to deny that racism is an issues.  He does a great job (apparently he and his brother taught a college level course on racism at one point).

I'm sure Lori (and Ken) would find fault with  Phil (not the "right thinking kind of Christian" in their mind) But he factually and unemotionally lays out how we got here.  I urge you all to watch it. It's long (about 17 minutes, but it's enthralling and will seem shorter).  I wish I could post it but I know she wouldn't listen to it.

Basically her position is: Life isn't fair and just be joyful and ignore life's injustices to others.   This would be like walking through a grocery store, knocking everything off the shelves, making a huge mess then walking away, saying OH WELL...I'm not going to worry about it.  I just have to stop reading her she gets my blood boiling. 

Here's the video if you are interested. It's excellent: 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

@SongRed7 I just came here to ask why Lori finds masks so uncomfortable when she’s clearly okay with her white hood. 

The blog today is sick and enraging. 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 7

13 hours ago, Melissa1977 said:

Lori blames his father for not helping at home, but at least he was earning a good salary. She quit her job to be a SAHM and was unable to cook for her family! 

Lori, the always wrong one.

She doesn't blame him at all.  She doesn't believe men should be expected to help around the house and holds her father up as an example of this.

She speaks highly of her father, even while saying he wasn't around a lot. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

6 hours ago, louisa05 said:

@SongRed7 I just came here to ask why Lori finds masks so uncomfortable when she’s clearly okay with her white hood. 

The blog today is sick and enraging. 

Omgosh this made me almost spit out my drink. I don’t know whether to laugh or cry 

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 4
  • I Agree 5

Then by Lori’s logic she shouldn’t get worked up about abortion.  We live in a fallen world, and we can’t fix it.  But then she says we need to ‘do good’.  Well what does that mean?  It means something different  for everyone.  She doesn’t get to mandate what that is but she’ll argue that she can until she’s dead.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 9

Okay, so today we have Lori telling us that women shouldn't be taught certain Bible passages, like the one she always leaves out about men loving their wives.

Rachel:

He in return is to love his wife like Jesus loves his church.

Lori:

It's best not to tell wives this since then they try to determine what this looks like. They need to focus on loving their husbands, submitting to them, learning what pleases them, etc. since they are only accountable for their own actions, not that of their husbands.

Don't teach women verses that go against Lori's teachings, is what she really means. And if that isn't a form of blasphemy, I just don't know what is.

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 8

The 10 Commandments for Wives that Lori posted were not from Dear Abby. Didn’t sound like her column to me at all starting with the thees and thous. Ten seconds on google confirmed. Here’s the actual ten from Dear Abby: 

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.chicagotribune.com/news/ct-xpm-1992-02-14-9201140682-story,amp.html

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6

Thanks you Jimmy, I appreciate your act of service. Really what do you bring to the table with marriage? What do a lot of men bring to the table for a relationship? D21B6479-0ADC-4F3B-90D5-7AFEBB6C6157.thumb.png.f4d4069af92a3c623379f4ba1574e5cd.png

• Upvote 6

On 6/6/2020 at 10:08 AM, crawfishgirl said:

I noticed this comment that Lori wrote in the comment section of the Teaching your Children to not be Racists blog post on her site:

She is excusing slavery here.  Disgusting.  Much of the bible is just historical, but she uses it as an excuse for her current belief system.  If slavery was legal, I can imagine her owning slaves and using the bible to justify her actions.  She is truly vile.

He is God. So couldn’t he just make slavery not exist?  You know all power being. Alpha to Omega and all that?

• Upvote 5

I find it interesting that they scream hypergamy but then look down on the women who "choose badly" if one mentions they have to work to make ends meet. 

So... which is it? Are we not supposed to look for men who can provide, aka, seek out a man of financial means or take whomever deems us worthy since all women are evil anyway& learn to live in whatever conditions they provide??? 

Why is it so important to throw off on the female of the species??

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 6
  • Love 1

The motivation for bashing women seems obvious for these young MGTOW men... but for Lori ? What good does it do ? She could have it all. She could defend an ideology that allows her to stay at home on her couch without it being so blatantly misogynic. Most fundies say (and seem to believe) nice things about women. Is she trying to please the MGTOW-subculture ? And why ? It's not like these guys are an interesting customer base, besides, she doesn't sell anything. Maybe she sees them as an opportunity for spreading the gospel ? That would be very much opposed to her principles about not teaching men. These men go on and on about how older (or "older") women are ugly, disgusting and useless for sex, and cry that women exploit men financially. Lori is an elderly lady who relies on her husband's income. Why on earth does she think these men are her allies ? They see her as a useless piece of junk !

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 3

54 minutes ago, ignorantobserver said:

The motivation for bashing women seems obvious for these young MGTOW men... but for Lori ? What good does it do ? She could have it all. She could defend an ideology that allows her to stay at home on her couch without it being so blatantly misogynic. Most fundies say (and seem to believe) nice things about women. Is she trying to please the MGTOW-subculture ? And why ? It's not like these guys are an interesting customer base, besides, she doesn't sell anything. Maybe she sees them as an opportunity for spreading the gospel ? That would be very much opposed to her principles about not teaching men. These men go on and on about how older (or "older") women are ugly, disgusting and useless for sex, and cry that women exploit men financially. Lori is an elderly lady who relies on her husband's income. Why on earth does she think these men are her allies ? They see her as a useless piece of junk !

I think they fill a need in her that might appeal to her warped personality, or they feed her ago in a way that Ken doesn’t.

• Upvote 13

Lori hates women and so do these men. They back up her hateful opinions and allow her to feel superior to half the population . She must get some type of twisted joy from the interactions and Ken must feel he gets a break from her rantings so he allows her to continue. I continue to be astonished that this is how she chooses to live her life. Basking in hatred all day long.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 6

I came across this article this morning and my first thought (before opening it) was "I wonder if this is about Lori" It's not. But why is it when I see something that's about "women shouldn't do X" I think Lori? 

• Upvote 5

Perhaps it’s just me but a budget of about 100-150 people at week for 7 people seems really low to be giving kids healthy meals. I suppose it could be done as long as they have a garden or live on a farm. I think if I mathed  right that only leaves about 3 dollars per person a day? And with 5 boys that’s going to be crazy when they’re teens 

49A8EE50-B130-4B7E-A5DF-4AED8F93977D.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

21 minutes ago, Sarah92 said:

Perhaps it’s just me but a budget of about 100-150 people at week for 7 people seems really low to be giving kids healthy meals. I suppose it could be done as long as they have a garden or live on a farm. I think if I mathed  right that only leaves about 3 dollars per person a day? And with 5 boys that’s going to be crazy when they’re teens 

49A8EE50-B130-4B7E-A5DF-4AED8F93977D.jpeg

With prices skyrocketing lately, we’re around $80 a week for two adults.  No way she’s feeding 5 more with $20-70.  Not with decent food and decent servings 

ETA: We also have a garden

Edited by louisa05
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

On 6/21/2020 at 11:23 AM, ignorantobserver said:

Why on earth does she think these men are her allies ? They see her as a useless piece of junk !

This may be the one time in their lives they are right about something!

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 2

17 hours ago, louisa05 said:

With prices skyrocketing lately, we’re around $80 a week for two adults.  No way she’s feeding 5 more with $20-70.  Not with decent food and decent servings 

ETA: We also have a garden

Thanks! I just felt like that sounded really off. I think if I don’t spend money on fast food I’m probably spending at least 30 on food. Of course I started using meal boxes (such a blessing so far) so that might have increased things. But yeah I can’t see the meals being decent servings 

• Upvote 7

I agree, that seems like a really low food budget for a family the size she's describing, especially with 5 boys. Maybe if they have a big garden and half a cow in the freezer? (I grew up on a farm and we did have a huge garden, did a lot of canning, and always had meat in the freezer - still that seems like a low grocery budget.)

Also, it makes me sad that they never take vacations or have any "extras". I get that not everyone likes to travel, but that seems pretty miserable to me. Even growing up, when we had a dairy farm and simply COULDN'T leave for long periods we'd take a long weekend and go to the beach once a year, and the mountains once a year - and my sisters and I would go on Girl Scout trips, too. We had an above ground pool in the backyard, which was an "extra" but was absolutely amazing for us - we pretty much lived in there all summer. 

It seems like homeschooling would be incredibly difficult if you could never go anywhere, also. 

And on top of this, they are posting this on something of Lori Alexander's? The same Lori who uses $14 butter, whose kids got dance classes and other extras (do you KNOW how expensive pointe shoes are? and how quickly they wear out?), whose kids went to college, who uses expensive skin care (plus cheese grease), who brags of buying only "organic" food, and who goes on vacation for literal months every single year? 

My mind is blown.

• Upvote 13
  • Love 1

14 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

I agree, that seems like a really low food budget for a family the size she's describing, especially with 5 boys. Maybe if they have a big garden and half a cow in the freezer? (I grew up on a farm and we did have a huge garden, did a lot of canning, and always had meat in the freezer - still that seems like a low grocery budget.)

Also, it makes me sad that they never take vacations or have any "extras". I get that not everyone likes to travel, but that seems pretty miserable to me. Even growing up, when we had a dairy farm and simply COULDN'T leave for long periods we'd take a long weekend and go to the beach once a year, and the mountains once a year - and my sisters and I would go on Girl Scout trips, too. We had an above ground pool in the backyard, which was an "extra" but was absolutely amazing for us - we pretty much lived in there all summer. 

It seems like homeschooling would be incredibly difficult if you could never go anywhere, also. 

And on top of this, they are posting this on something of Lori Alexander's? The same Lori who uses $14 butter, whose kids got dance classes and other extras (do you KNOW how expensive pointe shoes are? and how quickly they wear out?), whose kids went to college, who uses expensive skin care (plus cheese grease), who brags of buying only "organic" food, and who goes on vacation for literal months every single year? 

My mind is blown.

I think that’s what makes me the most sad. People act like never having extras makes you more holy. Life is meant to be enjoyed! Yeah you don’t need to go on expensive vacations, my family could never afford one, but you can do little things. We visited family and stayed with them, we’d go walk to the movie theater and watch a movie in the afternoon, we’d walk to the dollar store and get little toys etc. Friday’s were pizza and a movie night. I can’t imagine what it would be like for kids who’s parents are so focused on having more kids that they’re constantly not allowed to have nice things. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 6

2 hours ago, Sarah92 said:

they’re constantly not allowed to have nice things.

Remember --  as God Lori always tells us, we're not supposed to be happy and suffering is our goal. I guess part of suffering is to make darn sure that the people around you also suffer. Lori's got that perfected.

We need a portmanteau name for Lori -- I think I'll refer to her as GLori from now on -- probably how she thinks of herself.

Edited by Red Hair, Black Dress
  • Upvote 9

• Coconut Flan locked this topic