IGNORED

Lori Alexander 76: Ken Advises Saving?

1 hour ago, HoneyBunny said:

Thank you Pammy. As a quasi-Catholic who has always questioned the Bible, I found your explanation comforting. I reiterate what I’ve said many times in the past...Lori is responsible for pushing countless people away from Christianity. 

The Catholic Church has never taught biblical realism. That interpretation of scripture gained no ground even among Protestants until the 19 th Century emergence of fundamentalism 

• Upvote 9

On 6/4/2020 at 11:55 PM, Loveday said:

I must have missed the book-clearing video. She would think I'm an extreme hoarder if she saw all my books. What the hell do she and Ken talk about on those 40 minute walks of theirs? I wonder if he ever reads anything. I can't imagine two more boring conversationalists.

She'd be extra disgusted with me.  Among our hundreds of books, several are in other languages.

There's even a Bible somewhere because it was used in a lit class.

• Upvote 7

I sometimes wonder if the KJV only types like Lori would object to use of the Greek NT and Hebrew Scriptures I have? 

She is dumb. And mean.  What an awful combination to be.  

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, AuntKrazy said:

I sometimes wonder if the KJV only types like Lori would object to use of the Greek NT and Hebrew Scriptures I have? 

She is dumb. And mean.  What an awful combination to be.  

They seem to object to it, an attitude I find endlessly fascinating. There even is a Chick Tract explaining that the Codex Vaticanus (that the poor sod seems to confuse with the source of the Vulgate, an idea that was perfectly reasonable in the 16th century but is now completely outdated) is the result of a Satanic conspiracy and that every modern translation from the 19th century onwards is thus evil. He understands that the textus receptus is the "good" source in his mindset, but mostly because it's the source of the KJV, not the other way around, and he omits the fact that the terrible horrible Catholic Erasmus was responsible for its elaboration as well as, in part, for the rediscovery of the "Satanic" Codex Vaticanus.  And these KJV-only people never, ever mention the other Reformation era Bibles that are based on the textus receptus (Tyndale, Luther, the Geneva Bible...), even though they should logically be on the same level as the KJV. Following the fundie line of thought, it would even make more sense to fetishize the Geneva Bible that doesn't have the KJV's Anglican influence and monarchist penchant (and that isn't associated with an artistic, intellectual, sensitive king who also happened to be very much queer). So, yes, your Greek NT is derived from a version that SATAN HIMSELF deposited in Alexandria. Have fun with it !

Edited by ignorantobserver
  • Upvote 9

Addendum : the tract in question is called "The Attack". (I can't figure out how to break the link, so I don't add it. It's easily found through Google.)

Be careful though : the thing is basically the fundie version of a Dan Brown novel (but not quite as entertaining). Your sanity might suffer from reading it.

• Upvote 6
  • Haha 1

Lori this morning:

All of these movements that are fighting for equality and fairness don't seem to know that life is not fair and never will be! We are on a planet with a bunch of selfish sinners. Love others and love God. We all actually deserve nothing. Be thankful. Contentment is beautiful.

I wonder how content she'd be if she weren't living in a million dollar home with a fridge full of $14 butter?

But her buddy Guisel has something to say! (Lori 'liked' this comment, by the way)

I was just thinking this. I’m so over the pity parties and tantrums. Some people have to work harder than others. Get over it, get some grit, work harder, and get through it with the Lord as your rock/strength. The Bible only guarantees our suffering so even those with “white privilege” will still suffer in some way or another.
I’m so embarrassed to be a “woman of color” right now.

She gets called out! Everlyne says:

I am a woman of color and a believer; We serve a God of love; The white privilege suffering does not equal to injustices and unfair treatments which the Bible condemns. We have all watched in broad daylight a person of color get murdered and this is all you can say - the killing of George and many others is the suffering we are called to go through? You must be reading a different bible!

Of course Guisel can't let her have the last word. Oh, no. (and of course, Lori 'liked' this comment, too)

yup. KJV over here. Sounds like you’re still in the Jesus Storybook Bible (serious believers please don’t touch that garbage with a stick).

George Floyd’s suffering is NOTHING compared to what Jesus Christ suffered, Jesus Christ didn’t complain, Jesus invited his own suffering on Earth our of love for us. What an amazing thing....that George didn’t do so let’s stop idolizing him, k?

Another salvo from Everlyne:

are you seriously comparing the suffering of Jesus Christ who sacrificed his life to a man who did not want to die, who begged for his life and was murdered; he is not being made into God, he is just a representation of many black people who have suffered injustices and are standing up against oppression. George Floyd had no intention for dying for humanity let alone any cause. He just wanted to live. This are two different things but some Christians like you are misrepresenting this comparing it to Christ’s suffering. I beg to differ. This was a murder and not a sacrifice; As a person of color; a mother of black children; We have been victims of racial injustice; You are a person of color and if you have been blessed not to have been a victim of any racial injustice; I pray that it continues to be so;

Guisel excuses Floyd's death: (Lori hasn't 'liked' this one yet, she must have stepped away from her computer for a moment)

people are murdered unfairly everyday. We can’t blame white people/white privilege for our own shortcomings.

If your truly are a follower of Jesus, you would have read in every epistle that we are guaranteed suffering. Life will not be fair. God allows life to begin AND end in His own timing. So your issue is clearly with God; better fix that and accept that God is perfect, therefore his will for George Floyd’s life is perfect. God is NOT our peer so don’t be so arrogant to think that The Creator owes us, his creation any explanations.

Some of us will die “unfairly”....so get over it. As far as “bad deaths” go his was a lot less violent and gruesome that what happens daily all around the world

Someone named Aleksandra has something short and sweet to say to Guisel:

you sound like a nasty pos

Truer words, Aleksandra, truer words. :pb_confused:

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 3
  • Sad 4
  • WTF 9

18 minutes ago, Loveday said:

wonder how content she'd be if she weren't living in a million dollar home with a fridge full of $14 butter?

Her comments are typical alt-right upper middle class. Religious or not. They have everything, most of them because their own families were well-off, so they got a great eduaction and were offered good jobs because "dad knows someone", and met rich husbands/wifes because their social circle was full of them, but they deny their privilege and pretend they deserve provilege and poor people don't (because they are lazy or dumb, of course).

It is heard now because the social networks show everybody's ideas, but it has been a recurrent opinion among extreme-conservative riches (or even middle class). 

• Upvote 15

1 hour ago, Melissa1977 said:

Her comments are typical alt-right upper middle class. Religious or not. They have everything, most of them because their own families were well-off, so they got a great eduaction and were offered good jobs because "dad knows someone", and met rich husbands/wifes because their social circle was full of them, but they deny their privilege and pretend they deserve provilege and poor people don't (because they are lazy or dumb, of course).

It is heard now because the social networks show everybody's ideas, but it has been a recurrent opinion among extreme-conservative riches (or even middle class). 

I’m still trying to figure out how Ken, who has no education related to dentistry, orthodontia, or even consulting has a very lucrative career as a dental practice consultant, with the opportunity to travel to Europe on business. It makes no sense at all and I firmly believe it’s because of Lori’s father’s connections. Or it’s a front for something. 

And talk about mental gymnastics - this person does have a point: 

Spoiler

288267DB-5FE7-4F72-A2DF-916C201A57B2.thumb.png.5da494b57461e175b0d90c8e27d3168c.png

Spoiler

C140142D-26C3-4BBD-A827-6CCA1187F31C.thumb.png.784f59a6c65e4b17a5639aa2aa7ff6d2.png

Edited by Frog99
  • Upvote 10

On 6/6/2020 at 10:27 AM, HoneyBunny said:

You know what her comments lead me to think, when she says God knew slavery would always exist so he just wanted everyone to “play nice”? Maybe the God of the Bible is not worth revering. Every time she comes up with one of those “well, it’s not disallowed in the Bible” comments, I have to wonder why any intelligent person builds their entire belief system around a flawed book. 

I want to high five you so badly right now. 

She really has a way of making it all feel......bluugghhh. Like your skin is crawling.  Why would anyone want to follow such a cold hearted deity?? 

Edited by Imrlgoddess
riffles
  • Upvote 6
  • Love 1

If contentment is so fab and wonderful and godly, why wan't Lori content to live in her tiny trailer while Ken was in theology grad school studying for the ministry?  Why wan't Lori content knowing that's what Ken wanted?  Why did she nag and nag and nag and push and pout and throw tantrums (because you know she did) until he gave up his studies and latched on to the orthodontia consulting -- riding on the coattails of Lori's father.

We all know why -- because Lori is a greedy, selfish bitch who is just too good to live in a trailer and practice contentment.  But not too good to live in and practice contentment in a $1M+, 6 bedroom, granite counter tops, fridge full of organic produce and $14 butter house.  Because that house is exactly where Lori is content. There and nowhere else. Unless it's the lakeside vacation house in Door County.

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 10

How are these people so incredibly selfish? Lori can preach suffering all day long but she couldn’t even suffer to not have some potatoes in a stew that someone made for her. She couldn’t suffer through working long enough not to sexually assault her husband in order to conceive a child. And I’m gonna call it what it is. Ken did not consent to having sex with Lori without birth control. It’s no different than “stealthing”. 
Nor can she suffer through seeing thong bikinis or women wearing leggings. Lori doesn’t want others to experience the humanity she lets herself experience. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 4

She is such a hypocrite. Someone called her out for liking every one of DJT’s tweets, but that comment is gone now. Honestly, if she had a single brain cell it would be lonely. 

1BA65BB0-03D9-4C01-B887-500D373CBB9B.png

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 2
  • Love 1

That commenter is none other than James and Stacy Macdonald's  daughter Jessica, who is expecting her third child in September. Lori I am sure would align herself with Stacy and her SAHD/Calvinist bs she raised her daughters with. Interesting that not one of them has a quiver.

• Upvote 4

On the “suffering” and “sacrifice” of Jesus I call BULLSHIT. According to the ancient myths, he was god, he knew he was god, and he knew he was going to be resurrected to rule the universe in a few hours. After three hours max of pain. That is nothing in exchange for ultimate power and eternal life. Jesus gave up nothing at all for anyone. And everybody who has ever suffered anything has pretty much had it worse than JC. Anybody who thinks he sacrificed anything clearly doesn’t understand the words suffering and sacrifice. 

And about god and slavery - would it really have been that hard, even in the cultural context, to say “Owning people is bad, don’t do it”. He expected massive changes in other areas of life that didn’t affect the well-being on others. You’d think that being almighty and all loving and everything, he could have given a moral code to protect others, even if he knew people would fail. He certainly should have known his piss-weak edicts about (condoning) slavery would have been used to justify hurting people. Some god. Gets pissed about poly cotton shirts, couldn’t give a shit about slavery. In fact he said, here’s where you can buy people, here’s how much to pay, here’s how you can bequeath them and here’s how hard you can beat them. Anyone who makes excuses about God just “pressing for something somewhat better”, just hasn’t read their Old Testament and is making excuses for an inexcusable deity.

And the god who is supposed to have authored this book should have known better and written something a lot more ... moral. 

A 3000 year old bronze aged deity has had his time, and we need to grow up now and leave him trapped inside his tome of garbage.

/end rant

• Upvote 4
  • Downvote 1
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1
  • Haha 1
  • Love 1

Lori's blog post today "Carefully Consider Your Choices, Young Women" is what you'd expect and is full of her usual half truths and revisionist history of her life, 

But then there's this:  I. cant. even.......

There’s nothing I love more than fixing a good, hearty meal for my family and having all of us around my kitchen table enjoying each other. 

In my years of hate reading Lori have I missed something? (Rhetorical question. No I haven't)

When was the last time Lori fixed a good hearty meal for her family that they ate in the kitchen?  (Pssst her kitchen table isn't big enough for 10 adults and 11 grandchildren.)

When did Lori ever fix a good hearty meal for her family?  Do slimy salads with salmonella dressing for the kids and Ken cooking for himself and the children constitute a good hearty meal? 

Oh lazy lying Lori, tsk tsk tsk.  Lying makes Baby Jesus cry.

Don't make Baby Jesus cry. 

You won't like God when he's angry.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 9

7 minutes ago, Red Hair, Black Dress said:

Lori's blog post today "Carefully Consider Your Choices, Young Women" is what you'd expect and is full of her usual half truths and revisionist history of her life, 

But then there's this:  I. cant. even.......

In my years of hate reading Lori have I missed something? (Rhetorical question. No I haven't)

When was the last time Lori fixed a good hearty meal for her family that they ate in the kitchen?  (Pssst her kitchen table isn't big enough for 10 adults and 11 grandchildren.)

When did Lori ever fix a good hearty meal for her family?  Do slimy salads with salmonella dressing for the kids and Ken cooking for himself and the children constitute a good hearty meal? 

Oh lazy lying Lori, tsk tsk tsk.  Lying makes Baby Jesus cry.

Don't make Baby Jesus cry. 

You won't like God when he's angry.

I literally laughed out loud when I read that bit. Who the hell do you think you're kidding, Lori? :laughing-rolling:

About the kitchen table, though--her grandchildren won't be sitting around it. They'll all be on blankets on the floor nearby, being trained to not ask for any food no matter how hungry they are. :pb_confused:  So yeah, there will be plenty of room for the adults!

• Upvote 11

Honestly Lori just gets worse and worse. More obvious racism, more blatant lies. 

What make her content is seeing others suffer. 

I really hope any of her followers who have functioning brains decide to read back through all her posts and her book. It won't take too long for them to start realizing that what she says NOW is nowhere near the truth the majority of the time. 

• Upvote 14

21 minutes ago, Alisamer said:

What make her content is seeing others suffer. 

I really hope any of her followers who have functioning brains decide to read back through all her posts and her book. It won't take too long for them to start realizing that what she says NOW is nowhere near the truth the majority of the time. 

She loves it when others suffer for her.  She would have been a fairly decent Domme if she wanted to.  Their suffering has nothing to do with Jesus, no matter how hard she pounds on that and everything to do with Lori and her desires for pain and suffering.   You can see her rubbing her hands with glee 'no matter how it hurts, or how miserable it makes you, just let him do it!   Jesus! How many times do I have to say it?' 

They won't - she deletes every comment that might remind them and most of them more than likely just read the now and don't go back.   They are too busy popping out babies and humping her leg.   

• Upvote 5

So sweet. So nice. So Christ-like./sarcasm

SO HYPOCRITICAL.

Excuse me while I go gag now.

1217508126_ScreenShot2020-06-08at5_26_46PM.thumb.png.1c04395eca24cb69ca7e5cea342935fe.png

• Upvote 5
  • Angry 3
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 6

I haven't read Lori in quite a while. I'm finding that reading her stuff is great compared to that of some of her commenters. They can be breathtakingly cold, unaware, mean, selfish, unchristian, entitled, dishonest, racist, and suffer from "I'vegotmine Syndrome."

• Upvote 10

2 hours ago, PinkPrincess0213 said:

So sweet. So nice. So Christ-like./sarcasm

SO HYPOCRITICAL.

Excuse me while I go gag now.

1217508126_ScreenShot2020-06-08at5_26_46PM.thumb.png.1c04395eca24cb69ca7e5cea342935fe.png

Wait  - I thought that she taught that women couldn't do any of those things?!?

Seriously, it will be difficult if women are only allowed a limited education.  

And Lori likes to play the victim of all of the meanies on the internet who have the nerve to disagree with her.  

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 4

Today’s blog kind of jumps the shark. Followers of Jesus must oppose servant leadership. You know, the kind of leadership Jesus demonstrated. 

You’re not a Christian, Lori. Neither are the people you get this from. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

Lori shared this photo on her (public) IG account - in the stories. 
Two things: 

1) Lori does not care one bit about victims of sex trafficking.  She just wants to insert her opinion on the topic of police. 

2) I wonder if she is heading to Door County. But, a few weeks ago, she mentioned “a young woman she knows” who is having her fourth baby soon. Could that be Cassie? Maybe she is going to Cassie’s? 

EE656B12-F725-4916-B54B-1FD8C2AB0A5B.jpeg

Edited by usmcmom
Clarification
  • Upvote 3

• Coconut Flan locked this topic