IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

I don’t think you’re imagining things. This reeks of a child being told again and again how lucky they are that their mother sacrifices so much for them. Awful.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

Imma ready to go all amateur phychologist! 

RC and Lisa are narcissists, but one thing that comes to mind with Lisa is her grandiose sense of importance -- that God has especially anointed their "God-breathed marriage" as a SPECIAL marriage that's way beyond regular marriage of regular Christians.  What follows is this entitled sense of "how dare you criticize us, we're anointed by GOD!" GOD!!!!!!!!!! eleventy!!!! 

But back to the narcissism and grandiosity -- my sense is that she literally cannot control her raw rage over what she perceives as betrayal (narcissistic injury) when she discovered the kids'  texts awhile back and has to continue taking it public because she'll NEVER get over it or examine her own role in estrangement.  Lisa's response to criticism: "Sympathy is not on the table. Truth, however, is."  If her version is the truth, she's confirmed in her rage and lashing out. 

Psychcentral.com:  A narcissistic injury occurs when narcissists react negatively to perceived or real criticism or judgment, boundaries placed on them, and/or attempts to hold them accountable for harmful behavior. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

I've unhooked myself from several of my longtime freejinger obsessions in recent months, and sometimes I wonder why I'm still fascinated by all things chez Sproul. They affect my daily life in no way whatsoever. But Howl's analysis below is probably why:

4 hours ago, Howl said:

my sense is that she literally cannot control her raw rage over what she perceives as betrayal (narcissistic injury) when she discovered the kids'  texts awhile back and has to continue taking it public because she'll NEVER get over it or examine her own role in estrangement. 

Besides our congruent birthdays, I'm also, like the Sprouls, an adoptive parent of children of color. And their adoptive dad, who is thankfully no longer my husband, is a narcissist in this same vein. So I take these folks personally.

My kids (now adults) are pretty much estranged from their dad but awhile back one of them texted him a happy birthday. He responded by asking what about those other holidays when they hadn't sent wishes -- he helpfully provided a list. This when he hasn't acknowledged their birthdays, holidays, graduations, etc., for years. He refused to attend one college graduation because he might encounter me, at a stadium that holds 20,000+ people. He is the best dad and the biggest sacrificial victim there ever was or will be -- just ask him. Come to think of it, he also has claimed I made late-breaking confessions of infidelity when he knows full well that none of of that happened -- not the confession, not the infidelity. Makes you wonder if there's a playbook out there somewhere.

I worry so much about the Sproul boys. It seems like too long until they are 18 and have some choices.

• Upvote 9
  • WTF 1
  • Love 4

Lisa C. Sproul @MrsRCSproulJr

Dec 4

"I have been an abuse advocate for over twenty years. ..."

Ummm...

• Haha 9

2 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Lisa C. Sproul @MrsRCSproulJr

Dec 4

"I have been an abuse advocate for over twenty years. ...

From my favourite secret agent.....

Spoiler

iu.jpeg.33bdd6c455f7d166342398f2e254583e.jpeg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 1

Not ones to ever back down in the face of overwhelming criticism, Spanky and Lisa are releasing part III of Sacred Marriage Under Fire tomorrow, 12/7. I'm expecting they'll be once again narcissplaining how bashing the Sproul children and their late mother is "Sacred" because it's "truth."

That's the thing about malignant narcissists -- they're incapable of ever learning from their mistakes.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 2

14 minutes ago, Banyan said:

narcissplaining

This is simply brilliant, and should be the actual title of the podcast! 

Nobody cares about the relative sacredness of the marriage.  The criticism is that Spanky and the missus are awful people and their awfulness seems to have compounded when they joined forces.  

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 5

23 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

I worry so much about the Sproul boys. It seems like too long until they are 18 and have some choices.

So do I. That's the worst part of this whole train wreck. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

3 hours ago, Banyan said:

Not ones to ever back down in the face of overwhelming criticism, Spanky and Lisa are releasing part III of Sacred Marriage Under Fire tomorrow, 12/7. I'm expecting they'll be once again narcissplaining how bashing the Sproul children and their late mother is "Sacred" because it's "truth."

That's the thing about malignant narcissists -- they're incapable of ever learning from their mistakes.

Certainly these two haven’t learnt anything. I’m guessing the fact that these videos got so many views in comparison to the others on his channel may be contributing to this. I actually suspect that if it had been down to just him, Spanky would have stopped at two episodes. Its been Lisa responding to critics and I think she’s pushing him to prove her right. 

“Narcissplaining” ??? Perfect for these two. 

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I actually suspect that if it had been down to just him, Spanky would have stopped at two episodes. Its been Lisa responding to critics and I think she’s pushing him to prove her right. 

Spot on. Let's also never forget that RC Sproul Jr is the author of The Tenets of Biblical Patriarchy (co-authored with Douglas Bukakke Phillips, Esq). At least up until the time that RC Jr and Lisa began exchanging photos of their naughty bits, Sproul had always instructed men to rule over their women, and he required women to unreservedly and unquestioningly subordinate themselves to their men. Sproul also taught men to view women as objects of their "militant fecundity" with the ultimate goal of attaining a "full-quiver." Not that long ago Sproul publicly upbraided female bloggers because "Women are not to teach." But now he's actively encouraging Queen Lisa to teach. What a remarkable metamorphosis. What we've witnessed in the past 4 years is Sproul being transformed into a subservient groveling lapdog. I can't help but marvel at how things have totally flipped.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 5

9 hours ago, Banyan said:

Let's also never forget that RC Sproul Jr is the author of The Tenets of Biblical Patriarchy (co-authored with Douglas Bukakke Phillips, Esq).

Damn, torched with one word.  I love the smell of a major burn in the morning. 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7

On 12/6/2020 at 7:35 AM, Banyan said:

Not ones to ever back down in the face of overwhelming criticism, Spanky and Lisa are releasing part III of Sacred Marriage Under Fire tomorrow, 12/7.

Haven't listened to it all yet, but here's an early review:

7217724_SpankytheQueenonSacredMarriagePart3.thumb.png.22bba3fe8ad54cb68385257395bf6557.png

A few minutes in, and it's all about Queen Lisa and the great injustices done to her when she was excommunicated. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 3

1 hour ago, hoipolloi said:

A few minutes in, and it's all about Queen Lisa and the great injustices done to her when she was excommunicated. 

Some new comments indicate that's the general consensus. Just another big pity party. Someone is also commenting about how unbelievably stupid it was to have a spiritual tyrant like RC Jr argue with Lisa's pastor over the injustice of excommunicating her. Not that Spanky would ever be capable of seeing how outrageously hypocritical his actions have so often been.

1236643550_ScreenShot2020-12-07at2_10_11PM.thumb.jpg.4123567484608718576aebd826cf0186.jpg

Showing Lisa out the door was well deserved. It was the safe thing to do for the sake of protecting that church. The woman is toxic and thrives on sabotaging relationships. 

• Upvote 9

On 12/1/2020 at 1:50 PM, hoipolloi said:

Queen Lisa, clarifying things on Twitter:

"Symptoms include repeated alcohol consumption despite related legal and health issues."

Okay he wasn't an alcoholic, he just had alcohol use disorder :P

Interestingly on that "I sinned 4 years ago" tweet there's a few people who had never interacted with Spanky discovering that they're already blocked by him.

Somewhat offtopic but I just found this edit (via a previously linked tweet) and had to share it:

Edited by CyborgKin
twitter
  • Upvote 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, Howl said:

What's the story on Lisa's excommunication and did this happen pre or post RC Jr.?

I second that question.

I hope the kids still at home are okay.

@CyborgKin, I started following @HunterCrowder on twitter about a month ago and have never regretted it!  I may have found my way to him via Chrissy Stroop (@C_Stroop).  Love his bio: Curator of Weird Religious Twitter. All tweets are ex cathedra, but only in the original Latin. Avid Indoorsman. "Could be a series" Dateline Keith Morrison

10 hours ago, CyborgKin said:

Somewhat offtopic but I just found this edit (via a previously linked tweet) and had to share it:

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

Has Vesta Sproul welcomed Precious Spanky back into the Ligonier fold, or is this more mendacious shit-posting by Queen Lisa?

1744787515_SpankyatLigonier.thumb.jpg.39c553caafbcefa74b623c13b266e20a.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

...in his office at Reformation Bible College.

What the actual heck! But where is RC theologically these days?  He was theolo-fluid there for a bit.  

A more likely scenario: Campus is deserted; aren't in-person classes suspended or at least it's semester Christmas break?  My guess is he's just there for a visit and to use their studio while campus is closed. 

But damn, I bet he'd love to be flush with Calvin Cash and be back hanging in Florida. 

• Upvote 7

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Has Vesta Sproul welcomed Precious Spanky back into the Ligonier fold, or is this more mendacious shit-posting by Queen Lisa?

The latter. These photos of Spanky behind the mic and reclining in the chair appear to be several years old, pre-Covid hair and pre-paunch.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

"Righteous" Lisa has an "eternal bond" with her children. Her bond compels her to inform the world of her daughter's mental health problems. Lisa also identifies the daughter with a photo. Publicly announcing her daughter's mental health struggles is the Christian thing to do because Lisa goes on her knees to pray. Lisa is "righteous" and "The prayers of the righteous avail much!" Lisa's prayers will also help her daughter now recover from the trauma of having Lisa publicly announce daughter's mental health problems.

Didn't I read somewhere that having your mother publicly post that you suffer from anxiety, bipoloar, and depression disorders is beneficial to recovering from anxiety, bipoloar, and depression disorders?

1905593637_ScreenShot2020-12-18at10_16_48AM.thumb.jpg.b262ee5dd3417ae1f1c8e5f114fbcc35.jpg

• WTF 1
  • Thank You 7

And that would be the last time I spoke to my mother until she equally publicly apologized and made me absolutely comfortable she would never talk about me publicly without my consent ever again. 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 5

Is Lisa exposing her daughter's private struggles 

• vicious passive-aggression
  • oblivious narcissism
  • religious fanaticism
  • all three

Her post with zero identifying elements would still get her point across.  

Also note from her phrasing that she seems to believe that her daughter's mental illness can be cured by prayer: Pray... [that] your offspring be free from the enemies snares. 

Edited by Howl
  • Upvote 3
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, Howl said:

Also note from her phrasing that she seems to believe that her daughter's mental illness can be cured by prayer: Pray... [that] your offspring be free from the enemies snares. 

Does she think that mental health issues are caused by enemies/Satan? Far better to recommend that her daughter gets professional help. 

She really sounds to me like she has delusions of grandeur/grandiosity (I feel like someone has already said this somewhere upthread). 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic