IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

I always thought that the biblical point about wolves and sheep is that the wolves don sheep's clothing so they don't stick out, hence the need for discernment.

Speaking of which, I think it's possible that some of Lisa's kids may have learned exaggeration and prevarication, (and pretentious language) at their mother's knee. They could be using her own tactics against her. So I'm uneasy about running with the lingerie photography story. Maybe it happened, but til I hear it from the picture taker I've got some doubts.

Judging by Facebook, that son is keeping communications open with all family branches, and that makes him a resource for the younger Sproul boys. I'd hate to mess that up.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I'm not sure why the phrase "discerning sheep" makes me smile, but it does.  It also brings to mind the "Frank was not like other sheep" avatar of one of the FJ posters. 

This is on-brand for Lisa/Schmoopy: a somewhat grandiose, sweeping statement that doesn't quite make sense. 

On-brand for RC’s vile attempts to be as “pithy” and “erudite” as another charlatan, John Piper, whose smug simperings cause me to punch pillows. 

• Upvote 3

8 hours ago, Howl said:

This is on-brand for Lisa/Schmoopy: a somewhat grandiose, sweeping statement that doesn't quite make sense. 

It also doesn't help that their theologies don't agree.  His is ostensibly reformed (but more like Cartman's "I do what I want"), while hers seems to be meme-based.

Edited by forgetmenow
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 5

6 hours ago, MamaJunebug said:

On-brand for RC’s vile attempts to be as “pithy” and “erudite” as another charlatan, John Piper, whose smug simperings cause me to punch pillows. 

John Piper is such a creepster, I can't listen to him long enough to get to the pillow punching stage.  I literally can't sus out why fundies consider him a major source of life guidance and scriptural wisdom.   But then...

7 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

Speaking of which, I think it's possible that some of Lisa's kids may have learned exaggeration and prevarication, (and pretentious language) at their mother's knee.

This did cross my mind, but I'm not familiar with the line up of Lisa's off spring, and from which husband, and who is involved in what and which kid is making which accusation. 

• Upvote 3

@Howl, I'm envious of your short fuse w/r/t Flutterhands.  The first utterance of which I became aware glibly dismissed the idea of woman as equal to man in God's eyes. 

When I saw him with his trademark white pluffy curls and his over-expressive hands (I'm mostly "mediterranean" in DNA and I know when use of expressive hands becomes over-use!!!) , my annoyance turned to true dislike.

At this point, just say "John Pie--" in a conversation about religion or sociology and I'm ready to leave the premises rather than .... Uck! Such a phony.

• Upvote 3

• 3 weeks later...

Interesting comment at Spinderella Sproul.

RC 2.0 said...

We were contacted by a reader and informed of the following: Lisa has a long history of domestic violence. As far as we can determine from the public record she may have only ever been arrested once (sounds a lot like RC Jr who eye witnesses report routinely drove drunk for years, but was only arrested once). Lisa was arrested in December 2001 after punching her husband, David Ringel, in the mouth and splitting his lip, something which their children witnessed. Then she called 911 on her husband. Even though she was the one who called 911 the responding officers were obligated to arrest her since her husband was the one with the injuries. As she was being handcuffed she threatened David, "I'll kill you if you don't bail me out." At the earliest opportunity he did. Thoroughly intimidated by Lisa he refused to testify against her. So the court had no choice but to dismiss the case.

Van Wert, OH Municipal Court Docket
Van Wert, OH Municipal Court Case Information: CRB0100732

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 3

• 2 weeks later...
16 minutes ago, DomWackTroll said:

She's had surgery for kidney stones, then sepsis, then another surgery, per social media. And evidently R.C. may have kidney stones as well. (They might want to consult a nutritionist about that.) They've been asking for meal train donations for the past month

• Thank You 3

3 hours ago, older than allosaurs said:

They've been asking for meal train donations for the past month

There's also a fundraiser of some sort attached to the meal train request. I didn't bring it up earlier because I didn't know if it was initiated by them or by their friends (either way, I must admit to rolling my eyes very hard when I saw it).

• Upvote 2

According to a former member of RC Jr's church, Spanky and Lisa are being deadbeats, taking the evil government's money.

From another source I learned that RC and Lisa have been subsisting off food stamps and welfare. They also beg for donations, raising money to supposedly buy land and build a church building. The fund raising isn't going too well (people are rightly skeptical he's just pocketing the money). I knew RC personally and was surprised to find this out (not the begging for donations -- he's always done that). For many years he's been anti-government and anti- "welfare state." He disparaged as "deadbeats" everyone who took government benefits. He even attacked several members of his St. Peter Presbyterian Church as he found out they were subsisting on Social Security disability benefits. He demanded they stop taking the benefits and get jobs, even though their physical disabilities meant they couldn't be gainfully employed. When they didn't he threatened them with "church discipline" i.e. excommunication. So I find this all incredibly hypocritical. I can't understand why he doesn't just get a job. Surely there's something he could do other than (in his own words) "Being a deadbeat" and "Living off the backs of taxpayers."

• Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2

49 minutes ago, Banyan said:

According to a former member of RC Jr's church, Spanky and Lisa are being deadbeats, taking the evil government's money.

I initially came here to make a bit of a snarky comment about RC not being able to make a living from his YouTube channel because of the very low number of views on some of his videos. Without particularly wanting to add to the numbers, I started to listen to one dated 16 November on "Sacred Marriage under Fire"

I've put a transcript of parts in the spoiler below. Please be tolerant of the transcription as it's copied directly from the one YouTube provides. I've just deleted out the time stamps and there's no punctuation.

Spoiler

Spanky: okay well one of the things that we want to talk about is the reality that we have been experiencing really from before day one very very active assaults on the integrity of our marriage we've had pushback now we're and we're going to unpack that a little bit but i

Spanky: but we do want to be an encouragement to our listeners and we do want to be open and honest and let people know some of the things that we're going through and it begins uh if in in terms of you and me even before we were married a couple of experiences that each of us had separate from each other i'm going to go first

Queen: okay

Spanky: okay uh and this is again hard to say and honestly the hardship is because how it hurts me uh in terms of my own self image but uh when my previous wife was dying and she knew she was at this point she is in hospice and these are the last days and we know that they're the last days uh she took it upon herself to attempt to make a confession a confession of infidelity and i probably um baptize my own lack of piety that is i didn't want to hear this and i thought it's not necessary for her to to break this down and give me the details and so i'm going to act like i'm just being super uhgracious and kind and saying hey don't sweat this right now when the reality is hey don't make me sweat this ring and she was carrying that for so long

Queen: yes exactly

Spanky: and she had carried it for quite some time and and i carried that after she handed it off to me and it was a real hardship now that has a time or two been mentioned again in a context where it's not fighting back against anybody it's not trying to destroy her reputation she's gone uh but it is part of our experience what you got dumped with

Following from this disgraceful speech, there's a good 10 minutes of the Queen carrying on about her marriages which should be listened to on an empty stomach. They come back round to justifying why THIS marriage is the best marriage, and how none of the other marriages count. 

Spanky seems to forget that he has children from his first marriage, and that slandering their mother so publicly will not win him their love. Imagine being such a self-justifying asshat that you name and shame your deceased wife in public (he also alludes to who with a little later). Nothing about forgiveness, and certainly no attempt to be dignified and keep his mouth shut.

• Disgust 6
  • WTF 5

14 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

I initially came here to make a bit of a snarky comment about RC not being able to make a living from his YouTube channel because of the very low number of views on some of his videos. Without particularly wanting to add to the numbers, I started to listen to one dated 16 November on "Sacred Marriage under Fire"

If you didn't know anything about these two you might even feel sorry listening to them, which I'm sure is their goal. But we know too much. Their malignant narcissism necessitates doing more "sacred marriage under fire" podcasts in which they'll continue defecating all over their exes and playing the innocent victim. Listening the once was more than enough for me. Never again!

• Upvote 6

16 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Without particularly wanting to add to the numbers, I started to listen to one dated 16 November on "Sacred Marriage under Fire"

I've put a transcript of parts in the spoiler below.

Thank you for taking one for the team.

What a pair of fucking monsters. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2

7 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

How convenient that Denise confessed this only to Spanky, and just moments from death, too! 

And conveniently providing both diversion and reason for being a total and utter shit while she was alive.  

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

...but uh when my previous wife was dying and she knew she was at this point she is in hospice and these are the last days and we know that they're the last days uh she took it upon herself to attempt to make a confession a confession of infidelity and i probably um baptize my own lack of piety that is i didn't want to hear this and i thought it's not necessary for her to to break this down and give me the details and so i'm going to act like i'm just being super uh gracious and kind and saying hey don't sweat this right now when the reality is hey don't make me sweat this...

Fundys being who they are...Was this "infidelity" an emotional affair?  An unrequited crush on someone? Physical PIV sex with a man while married to RC? Sex with a woman?  Not being a virgin  when she met RC?  What does it mean for someone to "attempt to confess"?  Did she actually confess or did RC misinterpret what she was saying? 

I honestly can't imagine why she would confess, unless she was so far gone and disinhibited on opiates for pain that something just came tumbling out.  Was she hallucinating, something not uncommon for someone in dying process?

And yes, RC seems to have completely emotionally abandoned his adult children and is intent on destroying Denise's reputation. 

• Upvote 9
  • Sad 1

On 11/21/2020 at 5:50 PM, Howl said:

What does it mean for someone to "attempt to confess"?  Did she actually confess or did RC misinterpret what she was saying? 

She probably mumbled something like, "I had a crush on Donny Osmond when I was 12," and Spanky responded by pumping his fist and yelling, "Yes! Ashley Madison, here I come!" 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 2

5 hours ago, DomWackTroll said:

She probably mumbled something like, "I had a crush on Donny Osmond when I was 12," and Spanky responded by pumping his fist and yelling, "Yes! Ashley Madison, here I come!" 

I wanted to react with the laughter too but decided on the sad one because if (BIG if) he's telling the "truth" your comment is probably more realistic!

• Upvote 2

Spanky has a new podcast entitled "Lisa Sproul, Hero."  I could only stomach the first two minutes. I stopped at "Lisa is a deep and profound hero." Maybe someone with a stronger stomach could take one for the team and give us a synopsis?

• Upvote 1
  • Disgust 2
  • WTF 4
  • Thank You 1

Just wondering how many meal trains in which RC/the Queen prepared and delivered food? Even in little churches, the pastorate may receive celebrity status, so RC thinks he is still entitled to everyone making over him and bringing him dinner? They have no self awareness or Christian charity or servitude (they could double date with Ken and Lori).

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

6 hours ago, Banyan said:

Spanky has a new podcast entitled "Lisa Sproul, Hero."  I could only stomach the first two minutes. I stopped at "Lisa is a deep and profound hero." Maybe someone with a stronger stomach could take one for the team and give us a synopsis?

I haven't had breakfast yet so I had a look at it...... There's not much of substance, it's mostly just a spiel about how godly, awesome, amazing, uplifting, godly, inspiring, did I say godly yet, the Queen is. The only thing that really leapt out at me is while Spanky was praising how well she's bringing up their two sons, there is no mention of how much she's loved and adored and what an awesome job she's done with her own children and stepchildren. 

3 hours ago, Cults-r-us said:

Just wondering how many meal trains in which RC/the Queen prepared and delivered food? Even in little churches, the pastorate may receive celebrity status, so RC thinks he is still entitled to everyone making over him and bringing him dinner? They have no self awareness or Christian charity or servitude (they could double date with Ken and Lori).

I couldn't find out anything about that, but I did see that not all of the requested dates were filled for deliveries to Spanky and the Queen. They did receive monetary donations as well.

• Thank You 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic