IGNORED

Spanky Sproul 4: Wicked, Wicked Deeds

nelliebelle1197

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I assume the founder of Spinderella Sproul was a St. Peter's congregant personally damaged by Jr. and/or witnessed people who were.

I've followed Spinderella closely enough to say I'm confident your assumptions are correct. I'll also confirm the source material for the articles originates from Sproul victims and eye witness accounts of former St. Peter church members, as well as ministry associates of Sproul subsequent to his departure from St. Peter.

2 hours ago, Howl said:

I'd be interested in knowing if his beliefs are the same now as there were years ago in 2005.

4 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

OTOH, they would likely have had no problem with Spanky had he just stuck with garden-variety Christian talibangelicalism, with its patriarchal system of misogyny & white supremacy. They're all just fine with that shite.

I've never seen anything on Spinderella Sproul indicating "They're all just fine with that shite" i.e. patriarchy, etc. Certainly possible at one time that they were, but at least since 2005 when they started the blog, seemingly not. Googling the Spinderella site I had no trouble finding comments that are anything but supportive of patriarchy. Here's my personal favorite: 543083416_ScreenShot2020-12-30at1_15_07PM.thumb.jpg.24d4465d95ef00c57f0ed1529545d413.jpg

RC 2.0 sounds rather gleeful over the prospect of RC Jr getting hauled before two women (probably in handcuffs) who will decide his legal fate -- prison or probation -- when according to Sproul's patriarchal manifesto it's biblically impermissible for women to ever be in authority over a man.

• Thank You 4
  • Replies 576
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Banyan

• Howl

• hoipolloi

• older than allosaurs

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

I was widowed (without kids) over 20 years ago, and while it is true that the past becomes a bit rosier with distance, I have moved on. I expect my new partner to understand the sadness that comes fro

The main reason you shouldn't share an FB page with your significant other, especially when at least one of you is a raging narcissist, is that you may inadvertently end up making statements like this

Words fail me, but... Pardon me while I go throw up in the toilet.

Posted Images

hoipolloi
1 hour ago, Banyan said:

I've never seen anything on Spinderella Sproul indicating "They're all just fine with that shite" i.e. patriarchy, etc.

This post made me think that Spinderella/RC 2.0/whoever is primarily angry over Spanky's dragging down of the sacred Reformed Presbyterian tradition. By way of context, the linked post appeared after Spanky announced that he'd joined some Pentecostal church in IN, probably at the instigation of Queen Lisa. In that post, the author(s) couldn't be more upset than if Spanky had converted to Islam or -- gasp! -- become a Unitarian. Their fulminating is quite something to behold. So, what's the real problem? 

Spinderella/RC 2.0 has pointed out a lot of stuff that is truly disgusting when it comes to RC Jr but they never seem to question the tenets of the RPCA faith or tradition -- which, in the US, rest on white male patriarchy -- but instead get awfully upset at Spanks for making the rest of them look bad. They don't seem to see that the Reformed church is the thing that has created & enabled a monster like RC Sproul, Jr. In many ways, IMO, Spanky is a logical outcome of the RPCA tradition. He's what you get when an entitled white male raised in that faith believes & embodies all that the faith has to say about the patriarchy, and has the money he needs to do anything he wants to achieve & maintain power within the faith. This is the end game.

• Upvote 2
MamaJunebug
14 hours ago, Botkinetti said:

I know being called a harpy is meant to wound me. I guess I’m supposed to examine my life life and beliefs and become a fervent follower of patriarchy.

Nah. I’m good. I’ll continue to read what I please and watch the once mighty crumble.

Fervent follower of all things Harpo Marx here, so adding "harpy" to it just makes it more fun!

Harpy for Harpo?

Harpo's Harpy?

• Haha 3

Ugh, my first stepfather did that, and I still have the scars, 45 years later. Those poor, poor kids.

• Sad 4
  • Love 1
11 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

This post made me think that Spinderella/RC 2.0/whoever is primarily angry over Spanky's dragging down of the sacred Reformed Presbyterian tradition...In that post, the author(s) couldn't be more upset than if Spanky had converted to Islam or -- gasp! -- become a Unitarian. Their fulminating is quite something to behold. So, what's the real problem? 

I'll admit that I could not finish that post and now I do get your point and perspective. It started to veer into "how many angels can dance on the head of a pin?" territory in terms of parsing various flavor of theology. 

• Upvote 2
Banyan

The comments to some of Spanky's podcasts are so wonderfully entertaining. Someone calls out RC Jr for the recent "How can we support Ask RC?" podcast in which Spanky imagines people are just dying to know, "How can we send you money, RC?"

896154239_ScreenShot2021-01-02at4_53_14PM.thumb.jpg.0199c6b54c798ffb380c4dd6f791ad6f.jpg

Then there's this hilarious comment from someone who asks if Spanky can accept cash via carrier pigeon.

105203612_ScreenShot2020-12-31at2_15_03PM.thumb.jpg.af2c7a3d7a8a1b743bc51b6b5008ed51.jpg

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 15
  • Love 1
Howl

Oh my gosh, this is GREAT!  "I appreciate your taking the trouble to make an instructional video because it's more difficult now to send money than it's ever been in human history."

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 7
apandaaries
22 hours ago, Howl said:

Oh my gosh, this is GREAT!  "I appreciate your taking the trouble to make an instructional video because it's more difficult now to send money than it's ever been in human history."

And then bringing in a carrier pigeon! A wonderful mix of times.  Kudos to the commenter!

• Upvote 3
Banyan

Today RC Jr and Lisa released another one of their appalling Sacred Marriage Under Fire podcasts. Morbid curiosity compelled me to listen. They never fail to disappoint. Once again it's absolutely disgusting. But then after they've already accused the late Denise Sproul of adultery it'd be hard to top themselves. Not that they're about to stop trying though.

In this part V of the series they call out Campbell Sproul by name. Not over any specific transgressions though. Just that his marriage ended in divorce. Lisa seems pretty happy about it too. There's already a couple of negative comments.

2095073141_ScreenShot2021-01-04at11_17_47AM.thumb.jpg.a30d741ff07252c8ec8fd8128bdffa4f.jpg

It's looking more and more like they actually enjoy all the negative attention this is bringing them. For one thing the push back lets them play the victim. Victimhood is food for the narcissistic soul.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
AnnaSofia

Gee, doesn't Campbell know that the only righteous divorces are Lisa's? All fuckin' three of 'em, apparently :pb_rollseyes:

I kept up with Campbell's (at the time, public) Twitter for awhile a couple of years back and I can't say I'm his biggest fan, but the guy already suffers from depression and I'm sure Spanky and Lisa's public shaming is the last thing he needs.

Father of the year material as always, Spanky!

Edited by AnnaSofia
  • Upvote 7
  • 2 weeks later...
older than allosaurs

@DarbyStouffer

Jan 11

If you find yourself hurt and frustrated that friends and acquaintances are lumping you in with insurrectionists because you voted R, you should consider how many felt this summer when you lumped them in with looters and rioters because they grieved over racial injustice.

Darby makes a whole lot more sense than her dad these days.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5
teachergirl

Darby and Campbell have come a long way. I followed Campbell and his ex wife on IG and they seemed so normal. Now that we all know how ALL of these young adults were raised ( Jasmine Bacham and the Botkins) as well, I am impressed that they can forge out lives of their own when they were in such a toxic environment. I used to loathe Darby, she was smug, self righteous and annoying. It does make you realize just how ill prepared all of them were for the real world.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1
mountaineer
3 hours ago, teachergirl said:

I used to loathe Darby, she was smug, self righteous and annoying. It does make you realize just how ill prepared all of them were for the real world.

Yes. And to choose to be clear-eyed when encountering the real world for the first time, rather than doubling down on a destructive (if comforting) lie, takes strength of character, something Darby must have gotten from her mother. 

• Upvote 9
ophelia

Do we know anything about her mothers backround? How did she end up with a trainwreck like Spanky?

Banyan
16 hours ago, ophelia said:

Do we know anything about her mothers backround? How did she end up with a trainwreck like Spanky?

Other than an obit there's not a whole lot to find online about Denise Sproul. There's nothing to be found on the how, or why, or even when Denise Elizabeth Rocklein came to marry RC Sproul Jr. That's because Denise kept a low profile, staying true to her favorite saying, "Tend your own garden," which was her way of saying, "Mind your own business. Don't meddle. Don't be a busybody." RC Jr could have been a lot less of an a**hole had he followed Denise's advice.

One thing we can safely assume is Denise wasn't a narcissist. Unlike Lisa she never posted fairy tale stories, or claimed to have "rescued RC Jr from the grave" (suicide), etc. Plenty of others have written about Denise though, including RC Jr, and every comment praised her. Or at least RC Jr consistently praised Denise up until shortly after marrying Lisa. Then it all changed. Lisa set about burying Denise's memory by destroying family photos, deleting Denise's Facebook, demanding the Sproul children "get over your mother and move on," etc. When that didn't work she set about attempting to destroy Denise's unimpeachable reputation. That too failed. The following quote does a good job of explaining Lisa's motivation:

Lisa Sproul's hatred of Denise Sproul manifested shortly after her marriage to RC Jr. It appears to be rooted in intense jealousy, and in particular for Denise's saintly reputation -- a reputation that up until now was completely unblemished and unquestioned. Denise Sproul was loved and adored by one and all. Everyone who met her was instantly drawn to her. Denise Sproul represented everything that Lisa Sproul desired to be, but could never attain. This included the deep love and adoration the Sproul children have for their mother, a love that could never diminish simply because Denise departed this earth in 2011. Even on her death bed Denise was cheerful, gracious, and at peace with her passing. Denise was an incredible inspiration to many. 

As abhorrent a turd as RC Jr is, in most ways I think he's met his match for turdiness in Lisa.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 6
Katzchen24
5 hours ago, Banyan said:

Then it all changed. Lisa set about burying Denise's memory by destroying family photos, deleting Denise's Facebook, demanding the Sproul children "get over your mother and move on," etc. When that didn't work she set about attempting to destroy Denise's unimpeachable reputation. That too failed. The following quote does a good job of explaining Lisa's motivation:

As abhorrent a turd as RC Jr is, in most ways I think he's met his match for turdiness in Lisa.

The name of Spanky and Lisa's FB page never ceases to nauseate. They've done remarkably little "Cultivating the Master's Fruit" in the last couple of years. More like alienating the master's fruit if she really thinks Spanky is as god-like as she says. 

• Upvote 3
Banyan

Way too funny comment from Spinderella Sproul:

Ministerial Experts said...

Ministerial expert RC Sproul Jr. is now available for consultations to ministers embroiled in scandals. Areas of expertise include (but not limited to) DUI, online adultery accounts, sexting, tax fraud, identity theft, pilfering church coffers, fundraising scams, spiritual abuse, keggers, defrockings, and much much more. Ministerial expert Rev. Sproul will guide you in pretend-repenting as you arrange to be suspended (with full pay). A year later you can return from your suspension/paid-vacation as you arrange the terms of your "restoration," including a pay raise. Should a scandal be massive in scope Ministerial expert Rev. Sproul will counsel you how to resign "for personal reasons" while arranging a massive severance package. Rev. Sproul will guide you how to maintain a steady six-figure paycheck as an independent contractor from the ministry you resign from. Faux-repentance is your key to success. Having family connections (nepotism) further enhances the odds of success. It may not be ethical or moral, but it's all "legal." For a fee schedule contact: [email protected]

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
older than allosaurs

Here's Lisa lately in the Purpose-Driven Wife (bolding mine)

Can you identify with the pain I speak of? Betrayal, abandonment, broken fellowship, hate? If you said, "yes" to any of these questions you are in good company with King David and with me.

I'm no theologian, but wasn't David lamenting his own acts of "betrayal and abandonment, broken fellowship, hate"? Queen Lisa only ever thinks she's on the receiving end and everyone else should be repenting.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 3
Howl

Can you identify with the pain I speak of? Betrayal, abandonment, broken fellowship, hate? If you said, "yes" to any of these questions you are in good company with King David and with me.

I've learned during the Trump years that this is classic narcissist victim mode -- playing the victim card while publicly shitting on her current husband's ex wife, her ex husbands, her current husband's adult children. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
MamaJunebug
3 hours ago, Howl said:

I've learned during the Trump years that this is classic narcissist victim mode -- playing the victim card while publicly shitting on her current husband's ex wife, her ex husbands, her current husband's adult children. 

Yes! And even worse, it’s her current husband’s late wife. Despicable behavior. Lower than low.

• I Agree 6
Howl

Ooops, yes thanks for that correction.  Yes, late wife.  And living with alcoholic RC must have been a trial even on the best days. 

• Upvote 2
stylites
22 hours ago, Howl said:

Ooops, yes thanks for that correction.  Yes, late wife.  And living with alcoholic RC must have been a trial even on the best days. 

Even without the humiliation of having house guests know that you were being spanked for minor and/or imagined infractions. 

• Sad 2
Katzchen24

Oh FFS.... The sixth episode of throw your children under the bus sacred marriage under fire is now available. I think this might maybe be the last one of these I comment on because I don't want to feed the Beast any more and I think @Howl has the right of it.

On 1/18/2021 at 8:49 AM, Howl said:

It actually contains what seems to be a genuine attempt at an apology and remorse for the DUI (although with these two monsters who can tell). Bear in mind I'm not listening to it, just reading the transcript, and there is a bit of self-exculpatory language. This is at around 3 to 4 minutes.

Then, of course, starting from 11.43, they have another go at the kids, particularly singling Darby out for special attention. They whine about the kids and I just can't with these asshats anymore. 

The only relief to be found is this part of the automatically generated transcript:

04:54  alcohol in your house

04:55  the only reason they were here is

04:56  because i got them for a penis foster

Comment with accompanying non-reply from the Queen.

Spoiler

484665421_ScreenShot2021-01-19at4_25_03pm.thumb.png.676421377582d1bac1592051e178c76d.png

Edited by Katzchen24
Forgot the comment
  • Upvote 4
  • Thank You 2
Banyan
7 hours ago, Katzchen24 said:

Oh FFS.... The sixth episode of throw your children under the bus sacred marriage under fire is now available.

Here's Spinderella Sproul's take on it:

@Julia, I've listened to several of RC Jr and Lisa's Sacred Marriage Under Fire episodes. Today they put up episode 6, and like all the other episodes it's appalling. RC Jr speaks of he and Lisa having a Zoom call with his parents, and his adult children, shortly after his drunk driving arrest. According to RC Jr one of his children said to him, "You're a f*** up." He plays the poor victim yet once again, which seems to be the whole point of the series -- one big pity party.

I don't doubt it must hurt to have one of your own kids call you a f*** up. But if things ever got that bad between me and my kids I wouldn't be publicly airing that dirty laundry. I'd ask myself what's my responsibility to make it right? How did things get to this point?

The Sproul children grew up seeing their father drinking like a fish with a bottle of booze always within easy reach. They witnessed him inebriated countless times. They witnessed him drunk driving and reckless driving, endangering innocent people's lives. They knew it was inevitable he'd get arrested. It was never a matter of if but when. Living with that from day to day has got to be incredibly stressful. When their dad was finally arrested he wasn't alone in the car. He had Donovan and Reilly Sproul with him.

Were I one the Sproul kids I'd be absolutely livid with RC Jr for endangering the lives of my siblings. I'd probably have a whole lot more to say than just "You're a f*** up." But RC Jr is a narcissist. So rather than taking personal responsibility he publicly broadcasts his family dysfunctions that he created in the first place. Then he throws a big pity party for himself.

From the context it's pretty obvious the "one of his children" who called him a fuck up was Darby.

Edited by Banyan
  • Upvote 9
  • Thank You 1
  • nelliebelle1197 locked this topic