IGNORED

Coronavirus

indianabones

Oh shit

Waffle House has now closed 365 locations across the U.S. due to the coronavirus pandemic.

The breakfast-chain announced the news on their Facebook page Tuesday morning.

While more than 300 locations have closed, 1,627 remain open.

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1

Wipe those Amazon packages down everyone

Amazon warehouses are getting hit with coronavirus cases

From CNN’s Brian Fung

Paul Hennessy/NurPhoto via Getty Images/FILE

Amazon warehouses are dealing with at least nine facilities hit so far with coronavirus cases, according to Amazon and local media reports. 

One person who works in Amazon’s Staten Island, New York fulfillment center tested positive for the novel coronavirus, the online retail giant told CNN late Tuesday. The person, who was physically at work last on March 11, is in quarantine and recovering, Amazon said. 

That case marks the second to affect Amazon warehouses in New York. It comes a week after the first reported case at any US Amazon facility, in Queens, New York. Other positive cases have been reported at Amazon facilities in Moreno Valley, Calif.; Jacksonville, Fla.; Shepherdsville, Ky; Brownstown, Mich.; Oklahoma City, Okla.; Katy, Texas; and Wallingford, Conn.

What is Amazon doing: Amazon has temporarily closed some sites, such as the Queens location, but has largely refrained from mass closures — instead telling the public it is taking “extreme measures to ensure the safety of employees at our site.”

That includes regularly sanitizing door handles, elevator buttons, lockers and touch screens, Amazon said, as well as staggering shifts and spreading out chairs in break rooms. 

The spread of the virus within Amazon’s massive logistics operation threatens to disrupt shipments and delay deliveries even as millions of Americans are becoming more reliant on the service as they observe social distancing. The company is already warning visitors to its website of longer delivery times, and encouraging customers to select no-rush shipping if their needs are not urgent. 

A CNN review of Amazon’s website Wednesday morning showed delivery dates in mid-April for Amazon's white-label toilet paper. Digital thermometers, the site said, could be delivered by early May. 

• Upvote 7

Birmingham, AL is now shelter in place until April 5

https://www.al.com/news/2020/03/birmingham-shelter-in-place-order-heres-what-it-means.html

And of course AL Governor Kay Ivey chooses to be a Trump parrot.  

https://www.wbrc.com/2020/03/24/ivey-no-shelter-in-place-order-needed-state-right-now

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 1
  • Love 1

My dad is doing a bit worse at the moment. He keeps on needing more oxygen support and he is on the max for the regular floor now. So they might need to move him to IC tonight...

• Love 32

On 3/23/2020 at 3:16 AM, CyborgKin said:

Just a couple of months back my parents did another "you all need to meet more people so you can get married, maybe visit more churches or something" poke to me and my siblings.

Reminds me of the comedienne who said her aunties would poke her belly and cackle and say "You're next! You're next!" at every wedding. She said they stopped when she started doing it to them at funerals.

• Haha 16
  • Love 2

On 3/23/2020 at 8:00 PM, louisa05 said:

Some people may have no choice about seeing family. I care for a disabled elderly parent. I cannot take care of her needs without going there and going into her house. I don’t like it but there’s not a choice. We’re trying to limit it and I keep my distance when I’m there but the only other choice is spending money to pay someone else to do the same. 

That's not "visiting" per se, thats work (i.e. you'd have to pay someone to do it and its not optional).  We have people getting takeout, booze run,  and going to someone's house because they want a change of scenery.

Edited by cindyluvs24
  • Upvote 6

1 hour ago, CarrotCake said:

My dad is doing a bit worse at the moment. He keeps on needing more oxygen support and he is on the max for the regular floor now. So they might need to move him to IC tonight...

Sending lots of good thoughts your way, and hope your dad starts doing better soon. :hug4:

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 4

28 minutes ago, JMarie said:

What a shithead.

The pastor, Rev. Tony Spell of Life Tabernacle Church in Baton Rouge, said he does not believe his congregation is at risk of getting COVID-19, the disease associated with the coronavirus, according to CBS affiliate WAFB.

"It's not a concern," Spell told the outlet. "The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

Spell said 1,170 attended his service Sunday, according to WAFB.

"We have 27 buses on Sundays picking up people in a five-parish area," he said.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 9
  • I Agree 1

31 minutes ago, thoughtful said:

What a shithead.

Wild guess here...but I think Baton Rouge may find itself with a rather large COVID-19 problem within the next few weeks, politically motivated (wtf?) or not.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 3

I'm on day two of staying at home and already going stir-crazy. I do feel a lot safer, though, so it's a mixed bag.

Just downloaded The Sims 3 onto my new computer. This is the first time I've actually paid for it instead of torrenting it, because I'm sick of playing glitchy versions and it's not like I'm spending money on anything else atm (besides donations). I'm excited to start virtually gardening! I'm almost done with my dog's latest sweater, too. Will post pics when it's finished of her reluctantly modeling it.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, thoughtful said:

The virus, we believe, is politically motivated. We hold our religious rights dear and we are going to assemble no matter what someone says."

Oh. Dear. Lord. What a complete idiot. The virus is a strand of nucleic acid you twit, not a sentient being. Gah, can we start locking people like him up in the interest of public health already?

• Upvote 20

Sweet Rufus! Why would anyone even think of doing this??

• Rufus Bless 1
  • WTF 12

14 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

Sweet Rufus! Why would anyone even think of doing this??

Prosecute her. (I really am sounding like a conservative here, aren't I?) Seriously though at the very least charge her the cost of the goods she spoiled.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 12

The man in Missouri who licked deodorant was charged as a terrorist I believe.they should do the same with her.  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 10

Getting ready to go to my MIL's apartment. She isn't there because she's been in the hospital with broken bones after a fall 3.5 weeks ago.  The hospital is moving everybody it can out to free up space, so they are sending her home tomorrow. I can't argue with the logic as our region is definitely getting hit.  (650+cases and 14 deaths.  29 in critical condition right now. )  In other circumstances they would have kept her in hospital longer (she still on painkillers at night, which worries me.  She has been up and around and working with the PT/OT people for a while, but has only been able to do things like get out of the bed by herself since. ..yesterday. They are going to send in care aides for half an hour morning and evening, but it's not exactly ideal.

So why am I going to her apartment today? She needs a bunch of equipment (quad cane, bathtub seat and grab bar, commode etc) The guy is coming to deliver and install it this morning.  I'm grateful they are willing to do it, but I'm a little anxious about having him there. The medical supply place was clearly a bit anxious about covid too, because they asked me several times to confirm nobody had any signs or symptoms. Hoping that I can just let him in and maintain our distance the whole time while he does what he needs to do.  

And of course the cherry trees are flowering so my allergies are starting up.  Pretty sure I'm going to freak out the delivery/installation guy with my sniffing/throat clearing.  Ugh. 

• Upvote 1
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Love 15

People in the U.K. did a “clap for NHS workers” thing at 8pm. Lots of people in my road were doing it, standing outside our front doors and applauding.

• Upvote 2
  • Love 10

Illinois had a spike of 673 cases in the last 24 hours.

https://www.nbcchicago.com/news/local/illinois-coronavirus-cases-now-total-2538-with-26-deaths/2245106/

They had to close the lakeshore and various nature parks where people were congregating.  Yes, those people are idiots, but why the hell wasn't this done from jump?

Every day I like Pritzker a little more and Mayor Lightfoot a less.  Her deer in the headlights look as she asked people for cooperation the other day while threatening to close the lakefront (but not doing it) doesn't exactly inspire confidence.  

My kidults are out there working...stop thanking them for the risks they are taking by continuing to do their essential jobs and do your job and protect them.

(I'm aware I don't live in Chicago proper, but it doesn't take much for contagions to travel to the burbs.)

• Upvote 8
  • Love 3

5 hours ago, clueliss said:

And Louisiana's crisis is growing.

I have a high-risk family member not two hours from New Orleans. (Along with, you know, the millions of other high-risk people, healthcare workers, and just everyone in the area.) This makes me infuriated and very very worried.

• Upvote 3
  • Love 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic