IGNORED

Coronavirus

indianabones

So....day 9.  Whew. It's unreal. I do see beauty in this however.  For the first time, in a very long time if not the first time, humans are globally coming together against a common enemy.  Like it or not, this IS happening.  If we all do our part, we will help our heathcare workers and grocery workers.  We can hopefully save our at risk people from contagion.  We will flatten the curve. I have hope we can do this!  It's not easy. Overall,  I'm happy people are being proactive.  

It's also really affecting me more than I realized.  I can always tell by my sleep or lack thereof and my vivid dreams.  Last night really hit me that, although I am thankful I can shelter in place, afford food ( my markets are not restocking as I thought. My hauls are...interesting. ) and just do my part, I am scared.  When I get down I think of what ifs and quickly stop myself because rn we are good. I will do everything possible to keep my children safe. Especially my at risk son.  But, the worry is there in my dreams.  All I could think of is Italy.  It's heartbreaking what they are going through.  We are bracing for that. Trying to minimize screen time on what we are experiencing.  I'm thinking I should take at best, an hour a day Googling news on this virus. 

Be well everyone,  let's fight this together!  We can do it. So mote it be. 

Edited by Beermeet
Fixed a nonsensical sentence.
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 11

A cute meme:

Baby toe beans are the best. Make like that piggy!  

FB_IMG_1585005798314.jpg

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 4
  • Love 5

I don’t know what to do with myself at the moment.

It is 7AM here and last night I first found out my wedding has to be cancelled/postponed because of new regulations and only two hours later my mom called that my dad had to be rushed to the hospital.

He had a fever for the last 6 days and now his lungs and blood pressure started to drop seriously. My mom could not join him because she is sick as well. 

I haven’t slept all night and I am scared. So scared that I will never see my dad again.

• Sad 2
  • Love 36

7 hours ago, CarrotCake said:

I don’t know what to do with myself at the moment.

It is 7AM here and last night I first found out my wedding has to be cancelled/postponed because of new regulations and only two hours later my mom called that my dad had to be rushed to the hospital.

He had a fever for the last 6 days and now his lungs and blood pressure started to drop seriously. My mom could not join him because she is sick as well. 

I haven’t slept all night and I am scared. So scared that I will never see my dad again.

I am so sorry...I hope you get good news about your parents soon.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

Thanks for your thought @thoughtful and @HerNameIsBuffy

Just got the news that my dad is stable at the hospital. He is getting assisted breathing (?) but he is drinking and even eating a little bit.

It took very long before we knew what was going on and there was some confusion that he was on the intensive care but I was happy to hear that he is on a 'normal' floor.

We get more test results tomorrow and we can't visit him. They don't know how long it will take but I am so happy he is stable and feeling a little bit better. Even though we don't know how he is going to recover.

This morning I was 50% sure I was gonna lose him. Now it feels more like 10% and I feel a lot lighter.

• Love 27

Happy to hear the good news about your father @CarrotCake i'm still bracing myself because we very likely have a case in my extended family who live in Lombardia, unfortunately at the moment the situation is not looking good cause even with the oxigen but without the intubation this person has like 90% of saturation so they fear they will have to intubate him. He is not so old (like 55 or so) but is overweight, and has not the best health for this, for now they want to wait as much as they can because they fear that once he goes in that direction it will be hard to come trough. I will update you as soon as we have some news 

• Love 17

Oh no @Italiangirl.

I am happy my father has quiet a good physical condition normally. He doesn’t smoke and he is quite sporty. I really believe this is helping him but it is still though.

I hope your family member is getting through this...

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 4

@CarrotCake thinking positive healthy thoughts for you and your family!!! Lighting candles! 

on a somewhat lighter note (and yes I can leave the house so it's not a big deal) the Parmesan cheese fell out of the fridge onto the floor. 

now i wash this floor now daily - should i keep the rest ? 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, nst said:

@CarrotCake thinking positive healthy thoughts for you and your family!!! Lighting candles! 

on a somewhat lighter note (and yes I can leave the house so it's not a big deal) the Parmesan cheese fell out of the fridge onto the floor. 

now i wash this floor now daily - should i keep the rest ? 

If it's still in container than I'd say yes.  Anything that hit the floor, no.

I just found out that a local public storm shelter will be closed TFN due to the virus.  We are also expecting severe weather with possible tornadoes later today.  I just hope people have some where to take shelter.  Fortunately, I have a basement.  My conscience won't let me turn anyone away.  So, I just spent the last hour cleaning.  Now, I need to go relax before I have a vertigio/panic attack.

• Rufus Bless 2
  • Love 12

Haven't been following these threads so forgive me if this has already been posted.

Joann's Fabrics is donating all that is needed to make masks (fabric, elastic, pattern, etc) to people/groups to make masks. 

I called our local store this morning and they are getting a pack together for me and my neighbor to get started sewing. She said they are also giving fabric and patterns for scrubs. Our local store is working with local dentists to sterilize and package the masks and then they are distributed to our local hospital/medical offices. 

So if anyone is bored to tears and wants something to do, call your local Joann's and chat with them. They may keep you busy for quite awhile. 

https://www.joann.com/make-to-give-response/?icn=hpzhero&ici=make-to-give-response

• Upvote 1
  • Love 10

ScoMo is infuriating. He needs to shut Australia down. Now. I know it will be economically devastating, and I am scared too. But lives are more important than money.

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

i had my first breakdown today and i feel badly about that - I mean i am so sorry that i had it. So this is in now way to excuse what truly all of you are going through....

I know logically i can leave the house, see my folks, buy grociers, just my tenants are driving me insane and the vicar. 

she wants me to do powerpoint. 

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, cindyluvs24 said:

Fear not.  New Jersey has been on "lock down" for a couple of weeks now.  All schools, courts, state and municipal offices shut.  The governor basically closed all "non essential" businesses <snip>

and (here's what gets me) going to visit friends or close family.

WTF?  Apparently as long as its not a large group its OK.  Very stupid imho.  I went to the grocery store on the 13th and the 20th and have enough to get through about 3 weeks if I'm not stress eating.  Its all to slow the inevitable spread since the hospitals have limited ICU beds and equipment and supplies.  They are taking a lesson from Italy.  

(Kept some of the post for context but addressing what I bolded)

There are child support exchanges that fit in this too. It might not be a visit but kids can go between both parents homes. It does sound like this is saying go to a friends for game night and probably should have been worded better but there are some good reasons to go to another person’s  home.

• Upvote 2

i have posted this also in the government section here but today is the third consecutive day that we see a small (like circa 100 cases les) decreasing  in the numbers of new infected and so the curve is start to going down on a daily basis and to stop on a general basis meaning that the strict quarantine is working. i attach the 2 charts that show the general situation and the daily one 1780730624_Graficotot24-03.PNG.e9e627555452e219568544b7753def4d.PNG1029176985_Catturagraficogiorno24_03.PNG.6bbab4894264c105680474f8cb4cf2f6.PNG

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 11

Update in the Joann Fabric mask making. I went to pick up my pack....They gave me probably 50-60 yards of fabric, 10 spools of thread, and yards and yards of elastic. My neighbor and I are kinda doing a production line. I cut the fabric (12"x9") give them to her, she does the next sewing step, then passes it back to me for finishing. We will switch jobs every day or two. This is going to keep us busy!

• Love 18

11 minutes ago, Chickenbutt said:

Update in the Joann Fabric mask making. I went to pick up my pack....They gave me probably 50-60 yards of fabric, 10 spools of thread, and yards and yards of elastic. My neighbor and I are kinda doing a production line. I cut the fabric (12"x9") give them to her, she does the next sewing step, then passes it back to me for finishing. We will switch jobs every day or two. This is going to keep us busy!

You guys are amazing! I took my first sewing class back in February, but it's one in a series of three and the next two were cancelled after we started getting hit. I wish I had more skills/a machine so I could help make masks, I'd love to feel more useful.

@nst, your vicar posts are getting me through this, I'm not sure if they're meant to be as funny as they are but they definitely make me laugh out loud.

• Upvote 4

On 3/20/2020 at 7:22 PM, Beermeet said:

In California, our governor in lieu of saying lockdown is saying 'safer at home'.  I immediately thought of the Ardnts!  Mom must be thrilled we are all on her page now. ?

That's what our governor calls it too. I knew the phrase sounded familiar, but I just assumed it was because of the current state of the world. But, you just reminded me why it rang a funny bell - it was the Ardnts all along!

Whew. I always feel relieved when some brain niggling is resolved!

• Haha 6

@indianabones The pattern is very simple honestly. You can do it. Just find one piece of fabric 12"x9" and do a test run. 

https://www.joann.com/how-to-make-a-face-mask/042188731P321.html

Here is the pattern...Give it a go! Let me know how it goes. I practiced with regular cotton scrap fabric. They fabric they gave me are very tightly woven cotton fabrics. Since this is a donation during the crisis, I suspect Joann's got guidance on the type of fabric to use. 

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

2 hours ago, indianabones said:

You guys are amazing! I took my first sewing class back in February, but it's one in a series of three and the next two were cancelled after we started getting hit. I wish I had more skills/a machine so I could help make masks, I'd love to feel more useful.

@nst, your vicar posts are getting me through this, I'm not sure if they're meant to be as funny as they are but they definitely make me laugh out loud.

well now she facetimes me endlessly

and currently she wants to zoom 

all for powerpoint church services that maybe 100 people see. 

i am working more than before. 

WEEEEE 

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 5

@Italiangirl that looks promising!

Here they are also saying that the first signs of decrease in new numbers are being seen but it looks too early to me, so I do't believe it yet.

• Upvote 1

I had to report one popular local facebook group this morning because all the members were getting to the point of crossing in to illegal activity with harassing people who had covid-19.  Fuck that noise.  Someone's going to get assaulted or worse if Fuckerberg's company and the fuzz doesn't clamp down hard on that stuff right now.  I think that sort of harassment can lead to people not seeking treatment because they'll be worried that some fuckstick is going to take matters in to their own hands.

BTW I've tipped over the swear jar, emptied it out, and am getting myself some from me to me gifts now.

• Upvote 9
  • Love 1

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic