IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 8: Killing Demons with a Salt Gun

HerNameIsBuffy

Was Ax-Max born early? I can’t remember. In true Maxwell fashion, that sentence is very ambiguous.

• Upvote 5

6 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe she thinks she will go overdue. 

That's what I thought. She seems to be saying her body isn't giving any indication that labor is imminent. Though it could go the other way too--who knows? 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

That's what I thought. She seems to be saying her body isn't giving any indication that labor is imminent. Though it could go the other way too--who knows? 

If she expects this labor to be the same as her first, she may be in for a surprise. Not all labors are the same. Even in the same woman.

• Upvote 9

1 hour ago, SassyPants said:

Was Ax-Max born early? I can’t remember. In true Maxwell fashion, that sentence is very ambiguous.

He was 3 days late and she announced it on her blog 2 days after that. Don’t know if the Bons or the Maxwells posted before her but I don’t think so. 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Her maternity clothes post is very interesting to me. When I was pregnant with my kids my clothing philosophy was to buy a few things and just try to make it work. I knew there would be so few months in my life I needed them that investing in much just didn't make sense. Chelsy is going to spend the next 10 or so years either pregnant or recovering from pregnancy. It makes sense for her to really find a pieces that she loves. 

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 4

Wow she has a lot of pictures of herself pregnant. Good for her. I have very few. I hated how I looked while pregnant. I’m so glad I never have to worry about maternity clothing ever again. I barely even bought maternity clothes! I just bought some stretchy stuff a size bigger. 

• Upvote 2

My thoughts: This applies to most fundies followed on this site. If your non-maternity wardrobe does not consist of body hugging, form fitted clothing, please stick to the same during pregnancy. It’s either your style or it isn't, and pregnancy does not chance that. Billions of babies/ pregnancies have happened before yours. It’s neither novel nor a world renowned special feat that only you have accomplished.

There are times that I do wish that these folks actually were modest!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 3

4 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

My thoughts: This applies to most fundies followed on this site. If your non-maternity wardrobe does not consist of body hugging, form fitted clothing, please stick to the same during pregnancy. It’s either your style or it isn't, and pregnancy does not chance that. Billions of babies/ pregnancies have happened before yours. It’s neither novel nor a world renowned special feat that only you have accomplished.

There are times that I do wish that these folks actually were modest!

I don't know …. I think any time they can step outside of their little boxes for a moment it's a chance they will see how arbitrary some things are and maybe give them food for thought.

• Upvote 6

45 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I don't know …. I think any time they can step outside of their little boxes for a moment it's a chance they will see how arbitrary some things are and maybe give them food for thought.

I‘D prefer they step out of their box when they aren’t pregnant. Currently, in their world, it seems that all a woman has to offer the world is a womb. Women should be highlighted for a whole lot more than that. I wiSh they would stop limiting women to the role of incubator.

My niece just had her 3rd baby. She also works as a physician in a covid designated facility. Babies and motherhood are wonderful, but there are so many other ways for a woman to let her creativity flag fly!

• Upvote 14

56 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

I‘D prefer they step out of their box when they aren’t pregnant. Currently, in their world, it seems that all a woman has to offer the world is a womb. Women should be highlighted for a whole lot more than that. I wiSh they would stop limiting women to the role of incubator.

My niece just had her 3rd baby. She also works as a physician in a covid designated facility. Babies and motherhood are wonderful, but there are so many other ways for a woman to let her creativity flag fly!

I totally agree.  My point was just maybe a form fitting top whilst pregnant could lead them to wonder why it's so wrong when not pregnant and maybe conclude that it isn't wrong at all.  

3 minutes ago, Queen Of Hearts said:

I like Chelsy's fashion choices. But jeans and capris? Steve must be livid! :)

And tanks?  My gosh, the world now knows she has upper arms.  What will become of her?!

I checked out her blog while I was on  hold for a work call and wow does she look like her mom.  

• Upvote 10

Chelsy looks like her mom but Liz is Becky Bontrager’s clone. It’s crazy how much she looks like her.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I totally agree.  My point was just maybe a form fitting top whilst pregnant could lead them to wonder why it's so wrong when not pregnant and maybe conclude that it isn't wrong at all.  

And tanks?  My gosh, the world now knows she has upper arms.  What will become of her?!

I checked out her blog while I was on  hold for a work call and wow does she look like her mom.  

Yes, I do know what you mean, but it pisses me off when women who aren’t PG are layered up in multiple shirts, vests, prairie dresses  and non-contrasting buttons, but boy once sperm meets egg, bring on the tight, clinging clothes that every other woman in society wears...and it’s an almost universal behavior utilized by most of these fundies that we discuss.
IT SCREAMS, LOOK AT ME! How is that modest? 

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 7

16 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

Yes, I do know what you mean, but it pisses me off when women who aren’t PG are layered up in multiple shirts, vests, prairie dresses  and non-contrasting buttons, but boy once sperm meets egg, bring on the tight, clinging clothes that every other woman in society wears...and it’s an almost universal behavior utilized by most of these fundies that we discuss.
IT SCREAMS, LOOK AT ME! How is that modest? 

But in fairness, Chelsy seems to have a pretty trendy (by fundie standards) fashion style. We just don't see much of it because she seems to dress more modest at Maxwell functions (likely out of respect) and if she didn't we would never know because Steve would never post the pictures!  

• Upvote 4

On 6/15/2020 at 10:56 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Maybe she thinks she will go overdue. 

I think she was early by a couple weeks with Axton. Plus after her water broke with him she continued on with her day as normal. I believe she mentioned that she went out shopping shortly after it broke or was out shopping and continued on for a few hours when it it happened. So, I am assuming that she believes that she is in labor and the baby is coming soon.

• Upvote 3

17 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

I think she was early by a couple weeks with Axton. Plus after her water broke with him she continued on with her day as normal. I believe she mentioned that she went out shopping shortly after it broke or was out shopping and continued on for a few hours when it it happened. So, I am assuming that she believes that she is in labor and the baby is coming soon.

She was 3 days late with Axton. Her due date was the 23rd, she went into labor on the 25th and gave birth on the 26th. Here’s her birth story

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2019/06/the-birth-story-of-axton-john.html?m=1

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 2

I'm a little late but just saw her Jesse wedding post and that they put Axton, who just turned 1, in a forward facing car seat, which is WAY too young. With the bullshit excuse of his legs hanging off. Seriously, these people are pro life? Protect the ones you have first, dummies.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 10

9 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy looks like her mom but Liz is Becky Bontrager’s clone. It’s crazy how much she looks like her.

Denver too is like Becky's clone!

• Upvote 2

5 hours ago, freethemall said:

I'm a little late but just saw her Jesse wedding post and that they put Axton, who just turned 1, in a forward facing car seat, which is WAY too young. With the bullshit excuse of his legs hanging off. Seriously, these people are pro life? Protect the ones you have first, dummies.

She's just obeying the law, JEEZ!!!

Screenshot_20200619-023516.png.9d5c327ab283b711ed3dcadd0ff922b8.png

Edited by indianabones
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, indianabones said:

She's just obeying the law, JEEZ!!!

Screenshot_20200619-023516.png.9d5c327ab283b711ed3dcadd0ff922b8.png

Her excuse doesn’t really hold water since she was crossing state lines. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

BTW I have never been a carseat freak. I’m not the type of person to tell others they must rear face until their kid is 8 or whatever. But I believe when you are traveling across state lines, you need to always research carseat laws of the states you will be traveling through. Because I know someone who was traveling across country and in one state it was fine that their 7 year old wasn’t in a booster seat but in another state it was against the law. And the person was pulled over for speeding and fined for not using a booster seat for the 7 year old. 

• Upvote 8

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic