IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 8: Killing Demons with a Salt Gun

HerNameIsBuffy

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Fortunately his color looks good in other pictures. So he’s probably ok. I just can’t imagine posting that picture because the poor kid is so purple! 

8+ lb baby and a reported fast delivery. It’s probably some residual bruising.

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

5 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

8+ lb baby and a reported fast delivery. It’s probably some residual bruising.

My super fast delivery baby had an extremely weird side effect. I guess if you have an overly fast delivery, they can have a rush of hormones delivered to their system and grow tiny baby boobies. It went away after a few weeks. But I thought it was so strange.

• Upvote 6

Chelsy looks tired in the photos which is very much a new mum with a new baby look. I wonder how much help she is getting. 

• Upvote 5

7 minutes ago, Angelface said:

Chelsy looks tired in the photos which is very much a new mum with a new baby look. I wonder how much help she is getting. 

I wouldn’t be surprised if the “aunties” watch Axton sometimes. 

• Upvote 4

@PennySycamore, I swear autocorrect is on steroids lately! I wind up with some of the most bizarre stuff.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2

On 7/7/2020 at 3:41 PM, PennySycamore said:

I wonder if Elliot was jaundiced and that's why he was lying out in the sun?  Sunlight, specifically the UV spectrum, can help break down unconjugated bilirubin, but many pedestrians will just have you put the baby near a window so he'll get sunlight that way.  If the bill level is higher, the baby might be placed under bill lights or wrapped in a bill blanket. While jaundice usually makes the baby look yellow, it can make them look red, too.  Whatever, that purple color should be looked into.  If babies in the NICU turned dusky-looking, the staff would see what needed to adjusted.  

When my last child was born, she started turning orange a few days after.  She was over two weeks late so I was warned that might happen, and to call my doctor if the orange skin went below her belly button.  I mean, this kid was even more orange than Trump.  As the orange skin tone approached her belly button, I took her in and was told that she seemed fine in every other way, so I should expose her to sunlight to help purge the bilirubin from her system faster.  If that didn't work, I was to take her to the hospital

I moved a bed in the only bedroom that got a lot of sun close to the window.  When she was done nursing, I'd put her on the bed, naked, with a diaper under her.   I made sure that her head wasn't in the direct line of the sunlight and I'd sit with her, get close to her, and talk or sing to her.  If she was calm and I had to do other household things, I'd put stuffed toys, pictures, etc. on either side so she had something to look at.  I had to either move her or move the bed every 15 minutes or so to keep the sun out of her eyes.  But it worked.  The orange skin tone didn't go any farther, lightened, and retreated towards her head.  It took a few days, but she didn't have to be admitted to the hospital and no ill effects.

• Upvote 6
  • Love 8

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

My super fast delivery baby had an extremely weird side effect. I guess if you have an overly fast delivery, they can have a rush of hormones delivered to their system and grow tiny baby boobies. It went away after a few weeks. But I thought it was so strange.

My second had that happen, and it wasn't a fast delivery.  She was two weeks late and the labor and delivery took awhile.  But after we took her home, she not only had tiny breasts, they secreted fluid.  She also had her first 'period', aka some bloody discharge mixed with some gelatinous stuff coming from her vagina.

I'd been warned that this sort of stuff sometimes happens, and not to worry unless it goes on for more than a day or two.  I was pretty freaked out, but the discharge only lasted for a couple of diaper changes, the same with the breast discharge.  By the time my daughter was a week old the swollen breasts were gone.  I was told that this sort of thing can happen at any time, it's more common with late infants.  Something about the maternal hormones getting in the baby's system.

My third child was even later than the second, but she wasn't affected like that.  It truly seems to be a hit and miss sort of thing.

• Upvote 8

1 minute ago, Flossie said:

My second had that happen, and it wasn't a fast delivery.  She was two weeks late and the labor and delivery took awhile.  But after we took her home, she not only had tiny breasts, they secreted fluid.  She also had her first 'period', aka some bloody discharge mixed with some gelatinous stuff coming from her vagina.

I'd been warned that this sort of stuff sometimes happens, and not to worry unless it goes on for more than a day or two.  I was pretty freaked out, but the discharge only lasted for a couple of diaper changes, the same with the breast discharge.  By the time my daughter was a week old the swollen breasts were gone.  I was told that this sort of thing can happen at any time, it's more common with late infants.  Something about the maternal hormones getting in the baby's system.

My third child was even later than the second, but she wasn't affected like that.  It truly seems to be a hit and miss sort of thing.

Interesting. My first took forever to push out and he was 3 days late. I know my due date was correct since he was conceived through IUI. My second came rocket fast and he was 4 days early. I don’t think he was even bruised from the fast delivery although he was almost 9lbs. 

• Upvote 5

It's kind of funny, but it looks like Elliot has some baby acne going and they've photoshopped it away in some of the pics (not all, like that black and white pic towards the end). I'd roll my eyes at it, but then I remember how bothered I was by my eldest son's very bad baby acne when he was born. Marred all his pics, but he was a cutie. 

Edited by anjulibai
  • Upvote 6

On 7/8/2020 at 9:05 PM, Angelface said:

Who can help her? Anna and Mary are full time dedicated at Chris' kids, and also babysit Nathan's ones. Sarah and Teri do not help. I think Elissa and Chelsy are on their own way. Apart from that, Chelsy explained how her mom had many children in a few years, which wasn't a big deal because her hard schedule and training. Axton may be too scared to be naughty and Elliot will be trained soon.

• Upvote 8
  • Sad 1

Quiverful fundies that are the first generation likely get more help from their parents because they probably come from a family of only a few kids (example JB Duggar). But then when the second generation starts having kids every other year, you can’t get much help from grandma and grandpa because they have 15 other grandkids ages 5 and under. They shoot themselves in the foot by pushing their kids to be quiverful even though they aren’t able to help out much. I hope some 2nd gen fundies realize this and stop the baby train before it gets out of hand.

• Upvote 19

On 6/22/2020 at 5:26 PM, freethemall said:

That makes sense about the Jesus protection, and also pure ignorance, of course.

Also, what you said about them crying less speaks to the myths many people have about rear/forward facing, which Car Seats for the Littles has busted: https://csftl.org/rear-facing-car-seat-myths-busted/

If you check out the video of the Bontrager's on Ellen Page's show "Gaycation" a few years ago, you can get a good feel for their evil: 

https://www.afterellen.com/tv/480537-gaycation-recap-1-4-usa/2

If you’re referring to the second video, it seems to have been removed?

edited to add, never mind, got it!

Edited by Rosie
Update
  • Upvote 1

On 6/21/2020 at 12:02 PM, Dandruff said:

I keep thinking that little Elliot Rex may end up with the nickname T-Rex.  Love the name Elliot, though.

Only if it’s the t-Rex that coexisted with humans.......

On 7/10/2020 at 12:19 AM, Flossie said:

My first wasn’t a fast delivery (27 hours ending in emergency caesarean) but she did have the mini period. It was a while after we came home and nobody had warned me it could happen - it absolutely freaked me out. Thank god for google reassuring me or I would have rushed her to the hospital. 

• Upvote 6

• 1 month later...

I just remembered that Denver’s middle name is Elliot. Therefore we shouldn’t discount the middle names of siblings in the family because obviously John and Chelsy don’t mind. The Duggars do the same thing. I guess when your family is huge, you will be reusing some names. 

• Upvote 8

My stepfather has 6 siblings and including us kids there are 14 grandkids and 1 great-grandkid (so far). So you might call us a big family, but definitely not a huge family and still my aunts and uncles managed to reuse names 3 times (!!!). My mother and one of the SILs also share the same name and it gets really confusing sometimes. 

• Upvote 5
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 1

Reusing a middle name could be a way to link the baby to an uncle or aunt. They don't do godparents do they? That's a shame, with such big isolated families another adult to have a close relationship with a child would be good. And they have plenty of uncles and aunts to chose from. 

• Upvote 7

• 2 weeks later...
18 minutes ago, anjulibai said:

Maybe Elliot is a family name? A grandparent or great-grandparent? 

Or Chelsy adores Denver and that's why she used his middle name. Maybe he was her first baby as a sistermom.

• Upvote 6

On 8/18/2020 at 8:13 PM, JermajestyDuggar said:

I just remembered that Denver’s middle name is Elliot. Therefore we shouldn’t discount the middle names of siblings in the family because obviously John and Chelsy don’t mind. The Duggars do the same thing. I guess when your family is huge, you will be reusing some names. 

Who is Denver? One of Chelsy's siblings?

• Upvote 2

• 2 weeks later...

Out of curiosity is anyone else wondering how Steve and Teri feel about John and Chelsy going to family camp this year? Yes, I can see them being understanding about her wanting to go to Allison's wedding and they did have a wedding for Jesse, although it looks like they took precautions due to COVID. The only reason I am asking is because the Bontragers seem to think COVID-19 is a hoax, while the Maxwells seem to be taking it seriously given Steve's heart condition and Anna Marie's cancer diagnosis. I really hope that Steve and Teri convince, or at least try to convince, John and Chelsy to do a fourteen day quarantine once they return to Kansas. The Bontrager's have been far from cautious judging by Allison's wedding and willingness to attend crowded events where social distancing and mask wearing didn't happen. Hopefully, the Maxwells remind John and Chelsy the reason they should follow the CDC guidelines regarding COVID due to some of the families health conditions. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
Name changed
  • Upvote 22

On 8/19/2020 at 11:13 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

Yeah but that spelling of Elliot is more unusual - and happens to be the same spelling as fundie hero Jim Elliot, who is also listed as Denver's "hero of the faith" in the old version of his bio

Plus I'd bet that Hudson and Taylor are both named after Hudson Taylor, so there's a bit of a theme there. 

• Upvote 4

9 minutes ago, Captain Obvious said:

Yeah but that spelling of Elliot is more unusual - and happens to be the same spelling as fundie hero Jim Elliot, who is also listed as Denver's "hero of the faith" in the old version of his bio

Plus I'd bet that Hudson and Taylor are both named after Hudson Taylor, so there's a bit of a theme there. 

Yes, the Bontragers did name a lot of their boys after Christian heroes. They said it at some point but I’ll never remember where it was posted. 

• Upvote 3

I didn't realize Elliot was a uncommon spelling. That is usually the way I see it spelled (as a given name anyway). 

Edited by nvmbr02
  • Upvote 5
  • I Agree 5

2 hours ago, nvmbr02 said:

I didn't realize Elliot was a uncommon spelling. That is usually the way I see it spelled (as a given name anyway). 

Actually - it's probably just for surnames - Elliott is in the top 200 most common surnames in the US (at 197), but Elliot is not in the top 1000. 

For first names, Elliott is the slightly more common spelling, but there's not much in it. 

• Upvote 4

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic