IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 8: Killing Demons with a Salt Gun

HerNameIsBuffy

Hello I'm new. 

Chelsy actually talked about this in the comments of the post about Elliot's newborn photoshoot. Someone asked her how she picked the names. She said:

The main idea was just picking names we liked. ?
John found the name Axton and we both loved it. We had never heard of anyone with that name before.
With Elliot, my brother Denver's middle name is Elliot. We also greatly admire the faith of the missionary Jim Elliot. Ultimately, John and I both loved the name, so Elliot it was. ?

The minute I saw Elliot with one t, I thought of Jim Elliot and Spurgeon Elliot. If you ever seen a fundie with a little Elliot, think Jim Elliot.  Especially since Elliott usually has two Ts and Jim spelled his name with one. 

• Upvote 8
  • Thank You 2

32 minutes ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

Hello I'm new. 

Chelsy actually talked about this in the comments of the post about Elliot's newborn photoshoot. Someone asked her how she picked the names. She said:

The minute I saw Elliot with one t, I thought of Jim Elliot and Spurgeon Elliot. If you ever seen a fundie with a little Elliot, think Jim Elliot.  Especially since Elliott usually has two Ts and Jim spelled his name with one. 

My cat is named Elliot with one t! Now I think I might need to change it because I’m not a Christian and I don’t like Jim Elliot at all.

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 14

As expected, Chelsy definitely went to family camp, and no attempt at social distancing seems to have been made, as evidenced by this pic from Elizabeth Wissmann's insta. But hey, maybe she's at least going to keep her distance from Anna Marie for a few weeks. Not holding my breath though...

Spoiler

6466B9D0-B343-49AF-9507-E5DAE708678F.thumb.png.d59c9d9c4c638cbba6302ab81c0e9d0e.png

Edited by Nothing if not critical
Put pic behind spoiler
  • Upvote 3
  • Sad 5

Ugh I kinda use to like her at first before she gets married, I really can't stand her now, is really a strange time one in which the Maxwells are better in some cases than other families...at least they try to follow the rules and keeping safe a sick family member.

• Upvote 10

1 hour ago, Italiangirl said:

Ugh I kinda use to like her at first before she gets married, I really can't stand her now, is really a strange time one in which the Maxwells are better in some cases than other families...at least they try to follow the rules and keeping safe a sick family member.

That is one thing that always pleased me about the Maxwells. They never fell for tons the woo and actually took medical advice from doctors. Real doctors. I’m not saying they don’t occasionally do some woo. But if they do the woo, it’s on top of real medical advice. 

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 20

I don’t think AM and fam are seeing anyone aside from their immediate family, except if it’s an outside socially distanced walker something of that nature. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1

On 9/20/2020 at 5:46 AM, Italiangirl said:

Well, yeah, they care about Anna Marie and Gigi. The rest of the world can screw themselves, in their opinion.

• Upvote 11
  • I Agree 3

On 9/22/2020 at 12:08 PM, Black Aliss said:

Well, yeah, they care about Anna Marie and Gigi. The rest of the world can screw themselves, in their opinion.

Chelsy seems to adore Gigi. I really hope she isn’t spending indoor time visiting with Gigi since we know the Bontragers think it’s a fucking Plandemic.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 4

2 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

Chelsy seems to adore Gigi. I really hope she isn’t spending indoor time visiting with Gigi since we know the Bontragers think it’s a fucking Plandemic.

From the way it looks in the Maxwell's post, to me, Chelsy and John either got tested when they got back and/or quarantined for fourteen days after Allison's wedding and Family Camp. The only reason I think this is how Sarah posted. From the looks of it John and Chelsy interacted with the family on Labor Day, which would have been two weeks after Allison's wedding and right before they headed off to family camp. So, I have a feeling Steve and Teri convinced them to partake in a two week quarantine and/or get tested when they got back from both Allison's wedding and family camp, albeit at different times. Plus, the Maxwell's took all the precautions and followed the CDC guidelines when it came down to Gigi, like social distancing and wearing masks at her birthday parade. So, I doubt Steve and Teri, as well as, the rest of the family would have wanted them near her along with any other family member with pre-existing medical conditions.

• Upvote 8
  • Love 5

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

From the way it looks in the Maxwell's post, to me, Chelsy and John either got tested when they got back and/or quarantined for fourteen days after Allison's wedding and Family Camp. The only reason I think this is how Sarah posted. From the looks of it John and Chelsy interacted with the family on Labor Day, which would have been two weeks after Allison's wedding and right before they headed off to family camp. So, I have a feeling Steve and Teri convinced them to partake in a two week quarantine and/or get tested when they got back from both Allison's wedding and family camp, albeit at different times. Plus, the Maxwell's took all the precautions and followed the CDC guidelines when it came down to Gigi, like social distancing and wearing masks at her birthday parade. So, I doubt Steve and Teri, as well as, the rest of the family would have wanted them near her along with any other family member with pre-existing medical conditions.

They would need to quarantine for two weeks before getting tested. The virus can take to up two weeks before you get sick or shows of having the virus. A friend of mine just went through this with her son. They tested at the end of his two week quarantine and he was negative. 

Jesse's wedding was smaller for a fundie wedding, so in that sense they did try to social distance, as opposed to Allison's pack the church wedding. If you look at the pictures of Gigi's birthday, the family is meeting outdoors (good), but they're not six feet apart. And Gigi's birthday and celebration were right after the wedding. 

Then again for someone as old as Gigi, she seems in good health and she may feel she'd rather be with her family than play it safe. The Maxwells in general seem to be taking the virus more seriously than some. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 7

1 hour ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

They would need to quarantine for two weeks before getting tested. The virus can take to up two weeks before you get sick or shows of having the virus. A friend of mine just went through this with her son. They tested at the end of his two week quarantine and he was negative. 

Jesse's wedding was smaller for a fundie wedding, so in that sense they did try to social distance, as opposed to Allison's pack the church wedding. If you look at the pictures of Gigi's birthday, the family is meeting outdoors (good), but they're not six feet apart. And Gigi's birthday and celebration were right after the wedding. 

Then again for someone as old as Gigi, she seems in good health and she may feel she'd rather be with her family than play it safe. The Maxwells in general seem to be taking the virus more seriously than some. 

Interesting, where I am from, Connecticut, the guidelines for traveling in from a state that is high with COVID is either get a negative test within 72 hours and/or quarantine for 2 weeks. I didn't realize that. Then again, the rules change daily and it is hard to keep up, so I could be wrong. If any nutmeggers want to correct me, go for it. 

Also, for Gigi's birthday I didn't realize it was after the wedding. I thought it was right before. It does kind of shock me that Steve and Teri were okay with John and Chelsy going there since they seemed to take the restrictions seriously. Then again, maybe Gigi wanted them there. I mean, she may have a mindset that as long as they don't hug her and are aware of what they are doing, then she might've been fine with it. 

On 9/20/2020 at 9:22 AM, JermajestyDuggar said:

That is one thing that always pleased me about the Maxwells. They never fell for tons the woo and actually took medical advice from doctors. Real doctors. I’m not saying they don’t occasionally do some woo. But if they do the woo, it’s on top of real medical advice. 

One of the things that I really hoped when the pandemic really hit and everything started shutting down is more fundies would follow the Maxwell's lead. Steve and Teri have managed to build a good fanbase and people seemed to listen to them, plus they both have degrees in science. I really wish there were fundies who had followed there lead and the Duggars ( who from the look of it did take precautions as well) when everything started happening.

• Upvote 7

19 minutes ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Interesting, where I am from, Connecticut, the guidelines for traveling in from a state that is high with COVID is either get a negative test within 72 hours and/or quarantine for 2 weeks. I didn't realize that. Then again, the rules change daily and it is hard to keep up, so I could be wrong. If any nutmeggers want to correct me, go for it. 

Also, for Gigi's birthday I didn't realize it was after the wedding. I thought it was right before. It does kind of shock me that Steve and Teri were okay with John and Chelsy going there since they seemed to take the restrictions seriously. Then again, maybe Gigi wanted them there. I mean, she may have a mindset that as long as they don't hug her and are aware of what they are doing, then she might've been fine with it. 

One of the things that I really hoped when the pandemic really hit and everything started shutting down is more fundies would follow the Maxwell's lead. Steve and Teri have managed to build a good fanbase and people seemed to listen to them, plus they both have degrees in science. I really wish there were fundies who had followed there lead and the Duggars ( who from the look of it did take precautions as well) when everything started happening.

I think I may have confused you. Gigi's birthday was right after Jesse's wedding and the family gathered around Gigi having been to Jesse's wedding. 

Edited by Bluebirdbluebell
  • Upvote 2

Where I live they say get tested within the first five days of having symptoms - after that don't bother testing, just isolate (10 days if you have symptoms, 14 days if you live with someone who does). 

No clue how that translates for asymptomatic carriers. 

In China people who come back from a high risk area have to test, then isolate for 14 days, then test again. Sounds sensible to non-expert me. 

• Upvote 6

What I've seen lately is the recommendation that someone exposed get tested between days 7 & 9 after exposure.  That is apparently the key date range. 

• Upvote 4

21 hours ago, Bluebirdbluebell said:

I think I may have confused you. Gigi's birthday was right after Jesse's wedding and the family gathered around Gigi having been to Jesse's wedding. 

Oh okay, yeah then they should have been more cautious around Gigi for her birthday. Plus, she did miss Jesse's wedding in person, so that probably upset her. So, they may have thought an outside gathering wouldn't be a big problem. Either way, they should have been more cautious. 

• Upvote 4

• 2 weeks later...

New blog post up on Chelsy's blog. She had most of the Bontragers over in smaller groups, she's hanging out wiith the Maxwells, and she had a few friends over. 

• Upvote 6
  • Thank You 2

Yeah it's not really a big deal. The Bontrager family is fine with girls wearing pants for physical activities such as hiking or gardening/farming. They just don't wear them to church or for social occasions. 

Despite Steve's lamentations about modest clothing, Teri herself has a friend who wears pants and I bet the girls do too, and they now go to a church where there's a mixture of skirts and pants amongst the female attendees. So I don't think think it's a deal breaker for them if a woman's headship goes on to approve them.

• Upvote 15

22 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

She’s been wearing jeans for years now.

Oh I know.  It's just that everytime a Maxwell women wears pants an angel gets its wings.

• Upvote 4
  • Move Along 1
  • Haha 27

• 2 weeks later...

She is selling a lot of pants. I hope that has nothing to do with her in-laws and she is simply doing a wardrobe purge.

And I also kind of hope that Steve sees her post and faints just by seeing what his daughter in law has in her closet ??

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 8

2 hours ago, ophelia said:

She is selling a lot of pants. I hope that has nothing to do with her in-laws and she is simply doing a wardrobe purge.

And I also kind of hope that Steve sees her post and faints just by seeing what his daughter in law has in her closet ??

I suspect a lot of the jeans no longer fit. That sparkly tank top, though. That is definitely not Steve-approved.

• Upvote 12

4 minutes ago, Black Aliss said:

I suspect a lot of the jeans no longer fit. That sparkly tank top, though. That is definitely not Steve-approved.

It would look cute as a layering piece. I’d be tempted to keep it if it were in my closet. Of course it would look nice on its own too...just pointing out its versatility.

I was also going to comment that I am surprised she is selling maternity clothes, assuming they will probably have more children. Then I realized maybe she just doesn’t like those particular pieces, so...never mind. 

Her sale made me tempted to look at some online second hand stores for some maternity tops for my daughter. I have no idea what style she’ll want, though; so I will hold off. I took her shopping last week and bought her some maternity jeans at Target. She now knows the glory of that big stretchy panel!! 

• Upvote 6
  • Love 5

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic