IGNORED

Chelsy and John Maxwell 8: Killing Demons with a Salt Gun

HerNameIsBuffy

Just wondering here, but is anyone else thinking that John and Chelsy may follow suit with Jesse and John moving out of Maxwell compound after this baby or the next? Their house doesn't seem to be that big and they may be outgrowing it with Chelsy being able to reproduce like she is. Also, John seems to be very close with Joseph and Jesse, I get the feeling he misses seeing them as often as he did and both seem extremely happy since leaving the Maxwell compound. Plus, Chelsy is a social butterfly who has to deal with a self-righteous narcissistic father in-law who's life work has been to cut off his family from the outside world. I can easily see Steve criticizing John and Chelsy for having friends who don't follow the Maxwellian rules and enjoy activities that aren't approved. Leaving the Maxwell compound would give John and Chelsy freedom from the stress of having Steve looming like a vulture over all of their activities. 

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
just adding.
  • Upvote 7
  • Confused 1

On 5/26/2021 at 11:51 AM, Black Aliss said:

I used to know a family with the last name Champion. I'm pretty sure none of the daughters (there were 4) changed their names when they married.

A guy friend of mine has the last name Champion and four daughters, but lamentably all four took their husbands’ surnames when they married.

@PennySycamore, I remember seeing Marge Champion on a talk show years ago. She said that her newspaper wedding announcement read “Champion-Belcher,” and she thought that was hysterical!

• Haha 11

9 hours ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

Also, John seems to be very close with Joseph and Jesse, I get the feeling he misses seeing them as often as he did and both seem extremely happy since leaving the Maxwell compound.

What are you basing this on?  Are there posts indicating a closeness or that Joe and Jesse are happy?  I don't follow their SM so I'm curious as I haven't seen indications of that on Titus 2.  

• Upvote 6

I think Chelsy’s extreme fertility will keep her near Maxhell for the next few years. At least until she can make Axton into a brother dad. She needs the free babysitting from the aunties. 

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

What are you basing this on?  Are there posts indicating a closeness or that Joe and Jesse are happy?  I don't follow their SM so I'm curious as I haven't seen indications of that on Titus 2.  

Same. I’ve never seen any indication that any of the brothers are more close with one or more of the others. Jesse and Joe work together so they MAY be closer but the Maxwells intentionally leave out personal details of inter-family relationships.

• Upvote 8

1 hour ago, deborahlynn1979 said:

Same. I’ve never seen any indication that any of the brothers are more close with one or more of the others. Jesse and Joe work together so they MAY be closer but the Maxwells intentionally leave out personal details of inter-family relationships.

Actually, they made it very clear that inter family relationships are the bestest of the best and the only way to be. Shunning school and sports and entertainment  made all the Maxwell spawn best friends; the bestest friends that ever best friended. 

Until they courted and then that person was their best friend, even if they'd never done anything together in life or touched each other or been alone together. 

They don't make a big deal of it now, but for years when most of them were unmarried & home, they were the best best friends ever and didn't let others forget. 

I don't pretend to know how any healthy family functions, but the level of enmeshment among the Maxwells no doubt created some tension or strain when Joe & Jesse moved off the compound, to the other side of Kansas City. Jesse into an apartment and Joe most likely with a mortgage, given the cost & size of the house he bought. And, in a way I hope it did and I hope they ALL had to learn to work through it. That is what families do. Agree, disagree; make choices that are not the same as every other member of their family, make their own decisions for their own families no matter how they were raised. 

If there was tension, as I suspect there probably was, it was probably the healthiest thing the Maxwell borgs ever experienced. 

• Upvote 16
  • I Agree 3

4 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

The three seemed very close in photos. As for them being happy both Jesse and Joseph seem to have radiated happiness since giving themselves some distance. In past Titus2 posts all three boys seemed close to me when they are featured. Both Joseph and Jesse haven’t popped up as much since they moved and when they do they both seem the happiest they’ve been in a while. This is just my opinion.

Edited by NancyDrewFan1989
Adding
  • Upvote 4
  • Confused 1
  • Eyeroll 1

1 hour ago, NancyDrewFan1989 said:

The three seemed very close in photos. As for them being happy both Jesse and Joseph seem to have radiated happiness since giving themselves some distance. In past Titus2 posts all three boys seemed close to me when they are featured. Both Joseph and Jesse haven’t popped up as much since they moved and when they do they both seem the happiest they’ve been in a while. This is just my opinion.

I have no idea how you can seem close in a photo.  Sarah tells them where to stand and when to smile, I've never seen candids of those guys being any closer than anyone else in that family.

And since you're right they aren't popping up as much how on earth can they radiate happiness?  None of us know anything about how they feel about each other, moving away, or anything else.   I'd say that about anyone forming opinions of other people's thoughts based on their SM, but especially Titus 2 as it's not even their SM.  It's also very tightly controlled to present only the image Steve allows to be shown.  None of us know anything about the inner workings of any of these people except for Steve and Teri (who invite us unto the spider nest of their dysfunctional thoughts) and Christopher to a degree back in the day of the 1TonRamp.  

• Upvote 9

23 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I have no idea how you can seem close in a photo.  Sarah tells them where to stand and when to smile, I've never seen candids of those guys being any closer than anyone else in that family.

And since you're right they aren't popping up as much how on earth can they radiate happiness?  None of us know anything about how they feel about each other, moving away, or anything else.   I'd say that about anyone forming opinions of other people's thoughts based on their SM, but especially Titus 2 as it's not even their SM.  It's also very tightly controlled to present only the image Steve allows to be shown.  None of us know anything about the inner workings of any of these people except for Steve and Teri (who invite us unto the spider nest of their dysfunctional thoughts) and Christopher to a degree back in the day of the 1TonRamp.  

John and Joe did spend Christmas together away from the fathership, this was before Joe moved to Olathe or wherever.

http://www.chelsyrenee.com/2019/01/winter-travels-highlights-holidays.html?m=1

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

When the photos of the both Jesse and Joseph that the family posts now. They don’t appear too often and when they do they seem much more happier to me.  Both Jesse and Joseph, to me, seem much happier when they and their families pop up on Titus2 than they did when they were living on the compound. When I said “radiate” I was implying that they seemed genuine happy and there were no forced smiles. Most of the Maxwell photos of them until now they looked like they had fake smiles for photos. Now, both Jesse and Joseph don’t look like they are forcing a smile.

As for the closeness when Chelsy has posted photos of John and his brothers on her blog they do seem friendly and close. This is just my opinion. 

• Upvote 1
  • Confused 1

I can't imagine Steve is a fan of Chelsy, even though she's solidly fundie in her beliefs, she's way too happy and bubbly to conform to Maxwell standards, even if she was willing to hide her jeans.

On the other hand, I do think John is close with his mom and appreciates her.  If Steve is the first to get called home, I've always thought it likely that John would invite his mother to live with the, if Teri wanted to. 

And I agree with others that Chelsy is tied to the Maxwells for a while if she continues on her streak of boys.  Those sister Aunts are too useful. John also has a successful business where he is.  I do think Chelsy would love to go back to Iowa, but I think John values economic stability more. 

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 1

22 hours ago, PennySycamore said:

Some of us remember The Captain and Tennille from the 70s.  The captain's real name was Daryl Dragon and his father was Carmen Dragon, a conductor, arranger and composer.  

The Captain and Tennille were my first concert, at the New York State Fair in Syracuse in 1976.

(In my defense,I was ten.)

• Upvote 4
  • Love 3

I'm glad that John and Chelsy aren't moving back to Iowa. Between Marlin and Becky and Steve and Teri, Marlin and Becky are the worst. Becky and Teri are probably similar, but Marlin is angrier and more aggressive than Steve.  I'm still mad at the fundies, like Marlin, who were protesting the election with Trump on Jan. 6, even if none of them were in the building. 

• Upvote 12

27B5A97F-97DF-4E31-BB6D-22158FEFF029.thumb.png.6b70ca89e4bcb22441e6ea647fc53fcb.png
becky and marlin use photos without showing Chelsy’s legs. I’m surprised the Maxwell’s didn’t use these two photos. 

• Upvote 8

@smittykins,  i still remember the cover of their first album - their first at least at A&M Records-; they were pictured with their bulldog. Or bulldogs.  There may have been two.

• Upvote 5

It’s too bad that love couldn’t keep them together(although they remained friends).

RIP Captain.

• Upvote 5

50 minutes ago, smittykins said:

It’s too bad that love couldn’t keep them together(although they remained friends).

RIP Captain.

She was with him when he died. 

• I Agree 2
  • Thank You 3

Continue to extrapolate without any evidence on the radiant happiness of Joseph and Jesse Maxwell here:

• Haha 6

• nelliebelle1197 locked this topic