IGNORED

Dillards 82: Derick Spills the Tea

Coconut Flan

1 hour ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Do you have a link for an online test?  I've never done this one, but I do love me some MBTI and so this sounds fun.

I used this one. There are several different ones, this one was just more user friendly, I thought. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Thank You 9

1 hour ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I get the impression Austin was raised to be the man of his house and his own man. Terry wants his kids to stand on their own two feet, or his daughters to be married to men who will stand on their own feet.

I think the one thing keeping a lot of them in line is contact with the siblings still living at home who are under 18. I can see Joy sticking around for Johanna and Jenny & and even Jordyn

He has never really seemed to feel comfortable on camera. 

• Upvote 4

3 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

I used this one. There are several different ones, this one was just more user friendly, I thought. 

Thanks!  Will give me something to do on lunch.

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

thanks! I'm a 6w5. 

• Upvote 4

1 hour ago, keen23 said:
[mention=20609]allthegoodnamesrgone[/mention] I'm also a 9w5, but also almost a 9w1- which is pretty contradictory.

Your wing can only be a number next to your main type. For example, you can only be a 9w1 or a 9w8. To have a 5 wing you'd have to be a 4 or a 6.

Edited by HerNameIsBuffy
Removed Tapa sig
  • Upvote 2
  • Confused 1
  • I Agree 2

21 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

That could be part of it. But I also think that when a matriarch or patriarch die, the family sometimes let things come to the surface that they let fester. Often out of pain and grief. 

I think that Grandma Mary was the fulcrum in the Duggar family that allowed the non fundie family members like Amy to have relationships with JB and his family. Now that she’s gone, there’s no one able to mediate these two sides. Subsequently, Amy may also have had realizations that the bonds she thought she had with her cousins weren’t what she thought they were, now that Mary isn’t around to advocate for her. 

• Upvote 23
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, snomihcs said:

Your wing can only be a number next to your main type. For example, you can only be a 9w1 or a 9w8. To have a 5 wing you'd have to be a 4 or a 6.

You are correct that 5 in my 9w5 was supposed to be a 9w1 I went back and looked I also had a 6w5 on my list as well. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

I remembered that last time I took the test, like 8 or 9 years ago, I was a 9 but I didn't remember what the categories were.  I just took it again and got 9w1 as the top score, although 5 as the main one wasn't far behind 9.   Introverts unite!  I'm guessing those 2 categories are overrepresented in internet chat boards ;-).  

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Test said I'm either a 1w9 or 6w5.  

MBTI over the years I've gotten INTJ the vast majority of the time (ISTJ the rest) if I answer as how I respond to everyone in the world except my kids.

If I answer with who I am regarding my kids it's INFJ every time. 

I scanned the descriptions for the 1 and 6 (not wings) and some of each were applicable, but not a solid fit for either.  I'll have to read again in more detail.

• Upvote 1

33 minutes ago, libgirl2 said:

I never heard of them before and I'm Catholic. I guess just not enough. 

I was raised Catholic and hadn't heard of them either until I became interested in reading up on Traditionalist Catholics in my late twenties.

I still don't understand why they're so popular with them, but every Latin mass only/prays the rosary every day singleton on Ave Maria would always have their enneagram right up at the top. I assumed it had been developed by a monk or something, and was really surprised to learn it was created by some New Age-y dudes and it's actually been discouraged by the JPII and the Vatican to be used by Catholics. 

• Upvote 3

2 hours ago, keen23 said:

@allthegoodnamesrgone I'm also a 9w5, but also almost a 9w1- which is pretty contradictory.

You can only have a wing that is a number adjacent to your number (9w1, 9w8) 1's can mistype as 5's very easily

• Upvote 1

24 minutes ago, nausicaa said:

I was raised Catholic and hadn't heard of them either until I became interested in reading up on Traditionalist Catholics in my late twenties.

I still don't understand why they're so popular with them, but every Latin mass only/prays the rosary every day singleton on Ave Maria would always have their enneagram right up at the top. I assumed it had been developed by a monk or something, and was really surprised to learn it was created by some New Age-y dudes and it's actually been discouraged by the JPII and the Vatican to be used by Catholics. 

Interesting. Maybe I just never noticed until now. I even went to Catholic school. 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, lil_secret said:

You can only have a wing that is a number adjacent to your number (9w1, 9w8) 1's can mistype as 5's very easily

Yeah, it was a 1, I miss typed. :my_blush:

• Haha 1

15 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

Yeah, it was a 1, I miss typed. :my_blush:

So you're a 9w1? One of my favorite kinds of people ? so kind and interesting

Edit: I did not see that someone else had made the comment I made, before me. Sorry! Lol. Brain is in a fog today.

Edited by lil_secret
  • Upvote 3

I remember hearing about the enneagram about 20 years ago. It was lumped into the same evil, new age, ofSatan category as Harry Potter. I find it funny it’s now acceptable among (at least some) fundies.  

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 5

I had to take both tests on that website to get a clear reading (a big jumble of types 1, 3, and 4 at first). 

I am a 3  (achiever) with a strong wing 4 (individualist) which I agree with. Essentially I'm an overachiever...but also really emotional which is absolutely true lol.

Edited by neurogirl
  • Upvote 1

I'm a 4w5, very heavy on that 5 wing. Wouldn't have it any other way!

(individualist & investigator)

Edited by lil_secret
  • Upvote 2
  • Love 2

3 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

Test said I'm either a 1w9 or 6w5.  

MBTI over the years I've gotten INTJ the vast majority of the time (ISTJ the rest) if I answer as how I respond to everyone in the world except my kids.

If I answer with who I am regarding my kids it's INFJ every time. 

I scanned the descriptions for the 1 and 6 (not wings) and some of each were applicable, but not a solid fit for either.  I'll have to read again in more detail.

Interesting! I am a 6w5 and also INFJ. 

• Upvote 2
  • Love 2

15 minutes ago, fluffernutter said:

Interesting! I am a 6w5 and also INFJ. 

I'm a 6w5 and INTJ! It makes complete sense that a few of us here have those outcomes given what we think about here.

• Upvote 4

2 minutes ago, Eponine said:

I'm a 6w5 and INTJ! It makes complete sense that a few of us here have those outcomes given what we think about here.

It's been said about the IN*Js that for an allegedly rarish subset there are an awful lot of people online who fall into one of those categories.

Makes perfect sense to me, that people of a certain ilk would be drawn to socialize and discuss things in depth online.  Meets a genuine need for socialization (which we all have to some degree) with the distance and control of interaction built in.  

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 11

3 minutes ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

It's been said about the IN*Js that for an allegedly rarish subset there are an awful lot of people online who fall into one of those categories.

Makes perfect sense to me, that people of a certain ilk would be drawn to socialize and discuss things in depth online.  Meets a genuine need for socialization (which we all have to some degree) with the distance and control of interaction built in.  

100%. 

I also appreciate being able to take the time to think about my response in a way that’s unrealistic IRL. I find it’s helpful for my anxiety. I still feel part of the conversation but without the “oh shit! Why did I say that?!?” that I so often feel irl interactions. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

I'm a 6W5 and it fits me to a Tee. Usually with the MBTI my score flips between ISTJ and ISFJ but my enneagram has always been consistent. 

• Upvote 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, libgirl2 said:

thanks! I'm a 6w5. 

same here! (I never heard of it till this thread but that was kind of fun!)

• Upvote 4

15 hours ago, Idlewild said:

SAmy is paying  Jill to promote her shop, so I think they get on.

From Derick’s recent ramblings he is building up TLC as the evil one rather than JB. He says they cut out anyone they don’t want viewers to see- er haven’t you been saying you decided you didn’t want your family to be filmed?? Surely they are doing want you wanted? I also thought Amy didn’t want to be filmed at the funeral? 

I don’t know why it’s a shock that CO is scripted nonsense as was 19KAC before it. But somebody is signing a contract and allowing them to film- the film crew are not just barging in and filming without agreement. I thought JB is an executive producer? Perhaps Derick isn’t ready to burn that bridge just yet.

He’s also justifying his ‘mission’ fund grab. He really wants it all ways- if TLC had delivered a nice fat cheque payable to D Dillard I doubt he’d be whining like this- the real problem is JB and his appalling treatment of his children but he knows the leg  humpers aren’t ready to hear that so go after the TV company instead. I predict another fund grab soon.

In some of his comments he directly criticizes Jim bob and Jills family. I think they dont have any hope of rekindling the relationship or going back to the show, or they wouldnt be so vocal about what happened.

For example in this comment in instagram he is basically saying JimBob is a psychological abuser:

"I've previously mentioned volunteerism as it relates to our past work with the show, and volunteer means volunteer. While we began as volunteers, it eventually became apparent that it wasn't even volunteerism, because typically volunteerism assumes that you can leave without serious risks such as legal/financial threats, in addition to the extreme emotional pressure from within and without your family, which unfortunately end with painful burning of bridges just so that you can protect your family."

• Thank You 14

• HerNameIsBuffy locked this topic