IGNORED

Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged

HandHoldingHeathen

On 3/2/2021 at 8:14 PM, dawn9476 said:

Apparently, some of the boys have been to their flight school and they are long time friends with the Duggars. I guess there are several picture of the Duggars and the Natkatsu family together. I want to say there is one that has to be very recent b/c it was in a restaurant where the wait staff in the picture had masks on. 

The Nakatsus weren't in that photo, it was just some of the Duggars and waiters at a restaurant in Arizona, where the Nakatsus live.

Here's all the evidence so far that Katey is courting either Jeremiah or Jedediah:

-They used to follow her on Instagram (multiple Duggars did) and she followed them back, until she deleted hers a few months ago.

-Her dad wrote like, ten years ago, on their family blog about how much they loved watching the Duggars' tv shows.

-Jed was filmed painting the name KATEY on a pumpkin at the Duggar fall festival party, in a video Jessa posted on youtube.

-Kory Nakatsu recently purchased property in Bella Vista, which is where quite a few of the howlers have been flipping and building houses.

Edited by indianabones
Linked to actual photo
  • Upvote 5
  • Thank You 14

The Nakatsus have wiped any references to the Duggars from their blog and Katey deleted her wedding themed pinterest board.

Just announce the damn courtship already, guys!

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 16

How accurate do we think the registry found for them is? Normally I wouldn't trust them that much but but the one originally found for Justin and Claire got the date right iirc, it seems weird to make a fake one if she hasn't been on the show (ie only people following very closely would know) and we weren't (aren't?) even definite on which twin she's courting, and a bunch of stuff was bought on it? 

• Upvote 5

27 minutes ago, indianabones said:

The Nakatsus have wiped any references to the Duggars from their blog and Katey deleted her wedding themed pinterest board.

Or they broke it off?

• Upvote 11

4 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

Or they broke it off?

But that would screw up my 2021 predictions, which I am SUPER attached to, okay?!?

• Haha 41
  • Love 1

Only time will tell about Katey and one of the twins

I didn't think about the radiop silence and all of the deletions possibly meaning a break up, but hey it does sound plausible. Just pretend it never happened like Titus and Lauren Caldwell.

• Upvote 8

6 hours ago, justmy2cents said:

Or they broke it off?

If they did, it was super recent and very unfortunate for Katey’s dad. He purchased a very nice home just a few miles from TTH in Dec, and retired from his corporate job in Oct, shortly after he bought the parcel in Bella Vista, AR.

I think it’s more likely there’s an announcement coming.

• Upvote 12

7 hours ago, indianabones said:

I much prefer the Bates way of dealing with courtships. They aren’t super stealth. By the time they announce, everyone has already figured it out by social media posts. The Duggars being super secretive makes it so weird. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 14

How long has Katey been on our radar as courting a Duggar? Curious that they would marry off a brother who’s 4 years younger before one of the the twins who’s been in a relationship just about as long.

• Upvote 5

3 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

How long has Katey been on our radar as courting a Duggar? Curious that they would marry off a brother who’s 4 years younger before one of the the twins who’s been in a relationship just about as long.

At least spring of last year, although Jed was following her on IG before that. I think the pic of Boob, JinJer, Prop and the boy twins was taken in May. Taken in Gilbert, which is verrry close to the Nakatsus’ home in Mesa.

They stopped posting on their family blog in late 2019.?

• Upvote 7
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, justmy2cents said:

They may have worried more about Justin breaking courtship rules by living in Texas away from JB and Michelle. Gotta get him married fast so they don’t kiss before marriage!

• Upvote 12
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I much prefer the Bates way of dealing with courtships. They aren’t super stealth. By the time they announce, everyone has already figured it out by social media posts. The Duggars being super secretive makes it so weird. 

I think that the Duggars were very embarassed about Josiah’s failed courtship that they’re making sure it doesn’t happen again, at least publicly. That’s why they’re announcing relationships when the engagement is already around the corner. The Bates have dealt with 3 public failed courtships and JB can’t have that. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 4

1 hour ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

I agree with you, but one thing that I give the Duggars some credit for is that so far the courting couples had to respect the same set of rules when it came to physical contact and so on.
Seeing how the Bates boys are so touchy with their girlfriends while there sisters had to keep their distance just drives me mad.

Both families are horrible - no need to argue that.

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

I think that the Duggars were very embarassed about Josiah’s failed courtship that they’re making sure it doesn’t happen again, at least publicly. That’s why they’re announcing relationships when the engagement is already around the corner. The Bates have dealt with 3 public failed courtships and JB can’t have that. 

But isn't the point of a courtship to determine if people are compatible? There shouldn't be any shame in deciding you don't want to marry someone

• Upvote 18

Just now, seraaa said:

But isn't the point of a courtship to determine if people are compatible? There shouldn't be any shame in deciding you don't want to marry someone

I totally agree but fundies have backed themselves into a corner. They have espoused the bullshit line of not giving away pieces of their heart through dating. But when a courtship ends, it’s just like dating and they see heart pieces being broken. The Duggars don’t like being shown to be wrong in the public eye. I’m sure that’s why Jill is so problematic for them. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

We don’t know who wrote the name katey on the pumpkin, we only know jed was being teased, at the time several boys were drawing on pumpkins, I think it’s jer that is in a relationship with katey. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1

2 hours ago, aprilx said:

We don’t know who wrote the name katey on the pumpkin, we only know jed was being teased, at the time several boys were drawing on pumpkins, I think it’s jer that is in a relationship with katey. 

Touché.

I've decided that it's probably a polygamy situation, and Katey is courting both twins. Like Joe Darger did with two of his wives. They probably wanted to avoid all the tension that happened when Joe stole Kendra out from under Jed's nose.

Because this will be the first Duggar plural marriage, they can do a crossover wedding episode with Sister Wives and TLC will get their highest ratings of all time!

• Haha 32
  • Love 3

7 hours ago, indianabones said:

I've decided that it's probably a polygamy situation, and Katey is courting both twins.

Ooh--time for learning a new term! Can we all say, "fraternal polyandry"? :pb_lol:

Spoiler

20210305_103745.jpg.38c4877019639f4166bfc2ffd99655a7.jpg

And now I'm remembering Lizzie Wemys Beardsley from the Outlander books.

Lizzie Wemyss Beardsley is the daughter of Joseph Wemyss and wife of both Josiah and Keziah Beardsley. She traveled to America from Scotland with Brianna Fraser as a handmaid and bondservant, and eventually settles on Fraser's Ridge.

IIRC, Josiah and Keziah Beardsley are twin brothers. 

Edited by WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo?
added bit
  • Upvote 6
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 1

I'm a big fan of polyandry (at least in theory) - however marrying two brothers would be too incestuous for me. I mean, half the fun in that kind of relationship would be watching the two guys get hot and heavy with each other...

Edited by Nothing if not critical
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 8

On 3/5/2021 at 11:42 AM, WhatWouldJohnCrichtonDo? said:

Ooh--time for learning a new term! Can we all say, "fraternal polyandry"? :pb_lol:

Reveal hidden contents

20210305_103745.jpg.38c4877019639f4166bfc2ffd99655a7.jpg

And now I'm remembering Lizzie Wemys Beardsley from the Outlander books.

IIRC, Josiah and Keziah Beardsley are twin brothers. 

RE: Lizzie-And is married to one in a Catholic ceremony and the other in a Protestant ceremony!

Edited by nolongerIFBx
context
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 2

So, the talk of a Duggar plane in being in NE got me thinking, and I did a little digging...

Katey’s dad owns a small plane, that *just happened* to fly from Springdale to Ft Worth the morning of 26 Feb, and then flew back to Springdale later that night.  Katey was at Claritin’s wedding...

• Upvote 13
  • Thank You 10

Jeez you guys.. Are you all secretly private investigators in your spare time? :D

I'm never not impressed by the amount of stuff you guys can find!

• Upvote 13
  • I Agree 11

9 hours ago, Snarkasarus Rex said:

So, the talk of a Duggar plane in being in NE got me thinking, and I did a little digging...

Katey’s dad owns a small plane, that *just happened* to fly from Springdale to Ft Worth the morning of 26 Feb, and then flew back to Springdale later that night.  Katey was at Claritin’s wedding...

I am truly surprised Katey and whichever twin hasn't been announced. It's been hinted for, what, a year or more now? And if her dad has property in NWA that the Duggars are building on, it's obviously serious. Makes me wonder if the show isn't a sure thing right now and they're delaying until they're done negotiating. 

• Upvote 13

10 minutes ago, EmiSue said:

I am truly surprised Katey and whichever twin hasn't been announced. It's been hinted for, what, a year or more now? And if her dad has property in NWA that the Duggars are building on, it's obviously serious. Makes me wonder if the show isn't a sure thing right now and they're delaying until they're done negotiating. 

I think Justin and Claire were together for a long time before they announced. Maybe because they are younger, JB wants to wait. 

• Upvote 10

4 hours ago, EmiSue said:

My purely speculative guess is that they’re going to announce more than one courtship and they’re just waiting for the second one to ‘finalize’. I agree, the Katey/J-boy relationship has been going on for a while.

• Upvote 11

• Coconut Flan changed the title to Jed Is Running for State House and Now He's Engaged
  • Coconut Flan locked this topic