IGNORED

Impeachment Inquiry 2: Now It's Official!

GreyhoundFan

You can follow along Alexander Vindman and Jennifer Williams testimony. It won't be starting for a couple of hours yet, but it has a countdown and will start automatically when the hearings start if you open it.

I'm not expecting bombshells from the witnesses today, but I'm anticipating the usual shenanigans from the trumplicans. I wonder what they'll try now to stymie the hearings?

6 minutes ago, Smash! said:

Which is your favourite TV-Channel/live stream to watch the hearings? Last time I first was on the House Intelligence Committee but switched to PBS because there they put the party and the state they represent on the banner which is quite helpful. 

I like to watch this at it has no interruptions by talking heads and doesn't have a (slight) time delay, and starts automatically if you have the tab open. In the recesses I switch to NBC or MSNBC for the reviews, but that's just my preference. I'm sure the other news channels also cover it. 

• Thank You 2

4 hours ago, Smash! said:

Which is your favourite TV-Channel/live stream to watch the hearings? Last time I first was on the House Intelligence Committee but switched to PBS because there they put the party and the state they represent on the banner which is quite helpful. 

I usually watch it on CSPAN, they provide the feed for everyone else.

• Upvote 2

The trumplicans are actively attempting to out the whistleblower. It's so obvious, and it's not a good look for them. They are now badgering Vindman to get names. Vindman's attorney is speaking up and Schiff is also intervening. 

Edited by fraurosena
  • Upvote 1
  • I Agree 8

Nunes is being extra asshole-y. I did like Vindman reminding Nunes to refer to him as Lt. Colonel.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 7

Their counsel is not doing them any favors. Everything he asks can also be interpreted as aiding the impeachment arguments.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

My teammate just IMed me and said that the R counsel looks like the stereotype of a used car salesman.

• Upvote 5

It's disgusting that this family is in danger from crazed people whipped up by the repug smear campaign:

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 9

I am not a violent person, but I just want to punch Jordan. He's being so nasty to Vindman and trying to out the whistleblower.

• Upvote 2
  • I Agree 3

My gosh John Ratcliffe is AWFUL. I see his 5mins running over and over on Faux News to prove that no bribery happened. Who is his opponent? He or she needs donations because Ratcliffe has to get out.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3

Turner is a horrible asshole. I'm holding in my anger here, and that's an understatement. He's implying that Vindman committed perjury under oath. :angry-steamingears:

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 2
  • I Agree 4

The Repugs in this room all are assholes! ? I was so angry I thought of turning off the live stream. But then Adam Schiff made a statement contradicting Ratcliffe and I had hope again. It seems like without Schiff and Pelosi we would be lost.

OMG Mr. Stewart wouldn't let Vindman answer his question! ?

• I Agree 3

The only thing the trumplicans can do is attack the witnesses. They have no defense against the facts. And so, character assassinations are all they can do. 

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 8

@fraurosena True. But unfortunately character assassination could lead to real assassination in this climate. Which is frightening as hell.

• Sad 1
  • I Agree 6

1 hour ago, GreyhoundFan said:

My teammate just IMed me and said that the R counsel looks like the stereotype of a used car salesman.

Their council looks like Josh Duggar?

• Haha 8

I have difficulty listening to So many of these people ( mostly men) who present as inarticulate. The stuttering and stumbling, even while reading off their own prepared briefs is so distracting. 

• I Agree 4

4 minutes ago, Smash! said:

How does someone so nasty like Gym Jordan even exist? ?

Trump’s love child with McTurtle

• Haha 9

One bombshell(ish) thing did happen during this hearing that I managed to catch: Vindman indicated that there might have been retaliation against him in the workplace. Without any reason he hasn't been invited to participate in certain meetings where he usually participated in before testifying. You can be sure that Schiff will be looking into that.

-------

Psssshhhhh.... the burn!

Edited by fraurosena
dividing merged posts
  • Upvote 9

3 hours ago, GreyhoundFan said:

Nunes is being extra asshole-y. I did like Vindman reminding Nunes to refer to him as Lt. Colonel.

Ooooh, I missed that.  

Vindman is exiting the hearing with his twin brother, looking very glad to be the hell out of there. 

And, in agreement and solidarity with others who have expressed this sentiment upthread: Gym Jordan is a complete ass. 

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2

------- 

I loved this rebuttal of the trumplican claim that the dems are changing the charges from quid pro quo to bribery.

• I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, Howl said:

Ooooh, I missed that.  

Vindman is exiting the hearing with his twin brother, looking very glad to be the hell out of there. 

And, in agreement and solidarity with others who have expressed this sentiment upthread: Gym Jordan is a complete ass. 

• Upvote 5
  • Thank You 1

Shiff has some serious unflappable Buddha fu goin' on and extremely firm when he needs to be.   Totally unruffled and on point.

16 minutes ago, fraurosena said:

------- 

I loved this rebuttal of the trumplican claim that the dems are changing the charges from quid pro quo to bribery.

Yup, Shiff just gave a mini-master class on quid pro quo/bribery AND schooled everyone on how to explain something with perfect clarity. 

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 7

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic