IGNORED

Impeachment Inquiry 2: Now It's Official!

GreyhoundFan

Great comeback from Schiff, asking Trump to release all the transcripts and notes that he's instructed the state department to withhold from Congress!

And so good of him to not recognize the trumplicans attempting to interrupt the hearing! 

• Upvote 6

Wow, Yovanovitch is incredibly eloquent. Her opening statement is one for the history books. 

And again, hearing the witnesses speak is so much more impactful than simply reading the transcripts.

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 1

Of course the tangerine toddler is live tweeting insults.

In a tweet sent during questioning of Yovanovitch, Trump said “the new Ukrainian President spoke unfavorably about her in my second phone call with him.”

Facts First: Volodymyr Zelensky did say Yovanovitch’s attitude was “far from the best” — but spoke about her only after Trump brought her up.

Additionally, according to the transcript of the call released by the White House, Zelensky noted that Trump was the one who first told him she was “a bad ambassador.”

Zelensky said, “It was great that you were the first one who told me that she was a bad ambassador because I agree with you 100%.”

image.png.37633586f661df35e8b2724afc7e4109.png

• Upvote 4

Adam Schiff is asking Yovanovitch's response to the accusatory tweets that Trump is tweeting out during the hearing, attacking her! 

(I'm paraphrasing)

Schiff: "What effect do you think these attacks on you are going to have on other witnesses? Do you think they will feel intimidated?"

Yovanovitch: "Yes. It's very intimidating."

Later:

Schiff: "We take witness intimidation very seriously here."

Boom.  

• Upvote 8
  • Love 2

Zeldin, one of the mango moron's most faithful sycophants, is having a major meltdown in the hallway, crying about Dems paying attention to "shiny objects" instead of governing. Good grief.

• Upvote 3
  • WTF 3

Faux news though...

I have to be afkey for a while. I hope this recess will take as long. :pb_wink:

• Upvote 6

The Milk Dud lied? Say it isn't so... /sarcasm

• Upvote 5

More evidence that Trump is watching the hearing (although he's supposed to be in an intelligence meeting right now). This was mentioned by Yovanovitch in her opening statement.

• Upvote 3
  • Thank You 2

Nunes time... ugh. He's congratulating Yovanovitch for her 'performance'. 

Oh, what a miracle... he says he doesn't have many questions for her. He's not sure what she's doing here... because she's not a material fact witness... pff.

Now he wants to give his time to ms. Stefanik. Schiff interupts, says that according to the rules, he's not allowed to do that. There is some kerfuffle, but now it's over to their counsel.

• Upvote 3

Nunes was his normal jerky self again, trying to play outside of the rules.

@fraurosena -- jinx!

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

The counsel is also making a little spectacle about the dems. Now he's trying to diminish the fact of the recall of the ambassador. He's implicating that she's got a good job now, so what's the problem?

He's also pointing out that she isn't a material witness to the 'facts they are here for'. :pb_rollseyes:

If this keeps up, the trumplicans won't be able to fill their 45 minutes...

• Upvote 5

Oh, c'mon @fraurosena, they'll need to save time to whine about Hillary, Obama, Benghazi, and emails.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 1

Yovanovitch is easily holding her own against the trumplican counsel. In fact, she's completely owning him.  It's not going well for him, at all. He's trying to catch her at something... anything...  and not succeeding in the slightest.  So all he can do is frown 'seriously' at her.

• Upvote 5
  • I Agree 1

I'm semi afkey.. dinner has to be made after all, but will be listening to the hearing. I'll be back posting in a while.

• Upvote 2

Masha Yovanovitch completely owns the trumplicans every single time they ask her something. Wenstrup tried to shut her down by talking over her, but Schiff adequately stopped that quick smart.

The trumplicans have mentioned Alexandra Chalupa a couple of times during the hearing, implying she was an agent acting for the dems in Ukraine. Here's her reaction:

• Upvote 8

So Ms. Stefanik is attempting to say Schiff should out the whistleblower, because he said, two months ago, that they would get testimony from the whistleblower. 

Except, that was before it became clear that the trumplicans would then out the whistleblower to the public, and to Trump.

Gym Jordan, of course, is attacking the Dems.

Ha, Swalwell is owning the trumplicans, by citing articles from Trump that the whistleblower committed treason which is punishable by death. 

• Upvote 5

I had to step away for a bit and when I came back, Jordan was during his normal poop flinging. I despise him. He's one of the people who I hope to never meet in person.

This made me LOL:

• Upvote 4
  • Love 4

This exchange must have happened while I was away. Great comeback, Ms. Yovanovitch!

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 6
  • I Agree 1

When you lose Ken Starr...

• Upvote 6
  • WTF 3

This was awful, but very revealing of the overall trumplican demeanor. Yovanovitch was going to say something that contradicted him, so he shuts her down as fast as he can to save face.

• Upvote 1
  • Sad 1
  • WTF 5

• GreyhoundFan locked this topic