IGNORED

It's Corner time again!

allyisyourpally5

I'm just gonna make it my monthly duty to round these up, I cannot resist the snark....though sometimes they make me so sad or so angry....anyway, here we go.

Teri's Corner is basically another "BUY MY BOOK!" article:

On the practical side of self-discipline, I have found that using a schedule helps me not to be lazy......For more detailed information on scheduling, I would recommend Managers of Their Homes.

In other words "I won't tell you how to not be lazy and schedule your family in a Godly way to get you to Heaven for free, you must buy my book"

An email asked about productive activities. A mom seemed to suggest she doess not want her children just working all the time and asked if such activities like playing in the sandbox with her kids was ok (wtf?)

I would encourage Amber that raising children and keeping house are not mutually exclusive. Playing with the children is a productive activity, but only when it is balanced with the necessary housework. If all a mom does is play with the children, then it would become a lazy choice, especially if she is avoiding her household responsibilities by doing it.

I work with children....playing with them all the time is certainly not being lazy! It is very hard work! Keep playing in the sandbox Amber, keep doing it.

Another way that I can direct you toward self-discipline is to make use of those little bits of time that are easily wasted whether one is using a schedule or not. Here is an example of that. In the morning, Steve and I walk for an hour, then I hang on an inversion table for my back, and next comes personal Bible reading and prayer time. Before I start my Bible reading, I prepare a moist heating pad by putting it in the microwave for three minutes.

Here is what I was able to accomplish in those three minutes when I tracked it one morning to share with you.

â—¦Got out vitamins.

â—¦Washed up several dishes sitting in the sink.

â—¦Took soiled towels to the washing machine.

â—¦Put items away that were out on the counter.

I could have spent those three minutes simply doing nothing or looking through a catalog. This is often the temptation when there are just a few minutes available.

Oh boy. Every. Single. Minute. Of. Your. Life. Needs. A. Schedule. :roll: Oh my....

In my spare minutes I check Free Jinger. I view this as a productive activity, though.

Am I alone in thinking that any woman who has ever raised a child has earned the right to be lazy once in a while?

Terri is a slacker. While hanging upside down on the inversion table, she could be listening to Bible tapes or getting her prayer time in.

Wow, way to take the balance out of everything! Sure, sometimes it's great to be "productive" while your tea is heating or whatever, and sometimes there's nothing *wrong* with looking at a catalogue staring out of the window. Why does everything have to be so black and white????

Plus, it seems that for moms, the only down time they would get is in little snippets throughout the day, so why take that away from them??

How does she hang with the skirt on? Isn't that immodest?

I just spent 26 minutes on the phone wjile waiting for my daughter to finish the dishes. I laid on my bed and scanned FJ for new topics while talking, so I WAS multitasking. I don't think Teri would approve.

I also find it hard to believe there would be "soiled" towels or dirty dishes in the sink at the Maxwell's. I would think everyone cleans up as they go constantly.

She makes it sound like she's unusual and special. This morning, I microwaved some breakfast. While it microwaved, I washed some dishes and even folded a few towels. Woah. If I had still been half asleep (as on many mornings), I would have stared at the microwave while it cooked.

I think I'd lose my mind if I felt like I didn't have a choice and every minute needed to be scheduled. If I had kids, I can't imagine being worried that I was wasting my time by playing with my kids. Sounds like she keeps busy so she doesn't have time to hate her husband and her life.

In my spare minutes I check Free Jinger. I view this as a productive activity, though.

Word!

She makes it sound like she's unusual and special. This morning, I microwaved some breakfast. While it microwaved, I washed some dishes and even folded a few towels. Woah. If I had still been half asleep (as on many mornings), I would have stared at the microwave while it cooked.

I think I'd lose my mind if I felt like I didn't have a choice and every minute needed to be scheduled. If I had kids, I can't imagine being worried that I was wasting my time by playing with my kids. Sounds like she keeps busy so she doesn't have time to hate her husband and her life.

Agreed!

I just had the funnisest mental image of Teri haging upside down from a table, she probably has a schedule on the ceiling oir something for her to read....

I don't think anybody who is 90 years old is going to look back at their life and be so "proud" of how clean their house was. I think that same person will look back and remember the wonderful times spend with their children. (Except for Steve & Teri).

I don't think anybody who is 90 years old is going to look back at their life and be so "proud" of how clean their house was. I think that same person will look back and remember the wonderful times spend with their children. (Except for Steve & Teri).

Yep, as in: "No one ever lay on their deathbed and said, 'Gee, I should have spent more time at the office.'"

Yep, as in: "No one ever lay on their deathbed and said, 'Gee, I should have spent more time at the office.'"

Yes, and I also bet that there are zero people who think, "I wish I would have spanked my kids more."

I don't think Teri is even as lazy as she thinks she is. I'm pretty sure that Steve is emotionally abusing her and she has a very, very warped view of herself. Teri is probably just normal, but Steve convinces her that any moment of rest is just sheer laziness. I'm also worried about Teri's history with depression, and I hope that she doesn't label that as just laziness.

It is such obvious advice anyway. I love how all their prayer and holiness leads them to a conclusion that I reached at about 14: you can get a lot of shit done while waiting for other shit to happen.

Next thing we know, they'll be posting about how combusting hydrocarbons can be used to light a home! Or that you can use these unique round things called wheels to move stuff.

Yes, and I also bet that there are zero people who think, "I wish I would have spanked my kids more."

Or "Gosh I wish I'd worked my butt off in school to get a 4.0 GPA all the while never spending time developing quality relationships." /bitter college student.

What a miserable, pathetic existence.

But, I suppose when your life is that miserable, a down-to-the-second schedule keeps your mind from thinking 'what the fuck am I doing here'? because it is always thinking of what needs to be done in that block of time. Even three minutes allows too much time for independent thought to seep in and Stevie can't allow that, and apparently neither can Teri.

I am learning about balance in my life. All work and no play makes Jill a dull girl. What about learning to crochet or reading a book for pleasure or joining the church choir? That makes for a more well-rounded person.

my schedule? ha, i barely have one. wake up. turn on tv and take morning meds. watch tv while i wake up [usually csi on spike tv, unless it's friday cuz they run gangland instead of csi so i have to find something]. take a shower and get dressed. watch a little more tv. write some for my story. feed dog [and let him out occasionally]. wash dishes and do other household-y things. play with phone [meaning surf the internetz]. watch more tv.

lol i know, i watch too much tv. there's not really much else to do, though. i do read sometimes or play with the dog or talk with someone. but, unfortunately, i am a lazy person. teri would despise me.

Wonder if they schedule sex. lol

Friday night, after the news, with the lights off. Whether they want to or not.

Friday night, after the news, with the lights off. Whether they want to or not.

No news! They don't watch tv, read newspapers or listen to the radio .

Archived