IGNORED

How white teenage boys are being targeted to become alt-right

fraurosena

This is a very interesting thread about the insidious way young white teenage boys are being subverted to white supremacy, the alt-right, bigotry and misogyny. It containers insightful links to more information on the subject.

• Upvote 1
  • WTF 1
  • Thank You 4

I've seen many of these attitudes in real life among students and it makes my blood run cold.  I also work in an area that is very heavily Republican and Donorrhea Trump is regarded as hero and a great man (and most of the parents are proud of their kids for spouting this nonsense). 

Also, only in the last three years the school district somewhat cracked down on all of the Confederate flag displays. 

Edited by FloraKitty35
added more to post
  • Upvote 5

• 2 months later...

This has been going on for years. 

My childhood friend’s uncle was a prominent neo-Nazi for years.  After serving prison time in Germany in the 90s, where he used his time to learn to build websites, he returned to the US. One of his projects then was to develop and run gaming sites online to promote his world view to White teenage boys. I always warned my students to use careful judgement with that stuff because people wanted to influence them. 

• Upvote 3