IGNORED

"The Unsullied" Unmarried Fundies 7

Bethella

2 hours ago, hoipolloi said:

Not cruel, just snarky & honest. 

I never understood wtf the Mortons thought they were doing in Paraguay or why the country would accept asshats like them as permanent residents or citizens.

I think they sincerely intended a mass exodus of the entire family, possibly complete with a sell-off of the farm, land, and stock. Probably conducted in stages over a few years, with homes, jobs, and resources scouted along the way. Katie's ex-shitbag's arrest seems to be the catalyst that abruptly altered things, at least for now. However, in the meantime, several more of the younger generation have married and settled down, and I just don't see Campbell or Alyssa ever going along for the Paraguay ride. Even if Ma and Pa move down there at some point in the future, maybe when Edwin and Paul are settled, they'll probably be the only other Mortons to go. Unless Addie is still unmarried, of course. 

It's worth noting that the Mortons who made the move are seemingly doing a pretty thorough job of assimilating with their communities. Kress posts often about the holidays they share with "adopted" grandparents, aunts, and uncles, and every member of the family seems to be bilingual at this point. Mike apparently recently completed some sort of honorary course through their church that required fluency in Spanish and German, and he passed it. They have never stated outright (to my knowledge, though someone here may know more) that they are fully citizens. However, they've lived there long enough to qualify for naturalization if they choose to pursue it, and they seem to be genuinely invested in their community.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1

5 hours ago, SolomonFundy said:

I think they sincerely intended a mass exodus of the entire family, possibly complete with a sell-off of the farm, land, and stock. Probably conducted in stages over a few years, with homes, jobs, and resources scouted along the way. Katie's ex-shitbag's arrest seems to be the catalyst that abruptly altered things, at least for now. However, in the meantime, several more of the younger generation have married and settled down, and I just don't see Campbell or Alyssa ever going along for the Paraguay ride. Even if Ma and Pa move down there at some point in the future, maybe when Edwin and Paul are settled, they'll probably be the only other Mortons to go. Unless Addie is still unmarried, of course. 

It's worth noting that the Mortons who made the move are seemingly doing a pretty thorough job of assimilating with their communities. Kress posts often about the holidays they share with "adopted" grandparents, aunts, and uncles, and every member of the family seems to be bilingual at this point. Mike apparently recently completed some sort of honorary course through their church that required fluency in Spanish and German, and he passed it. They have never stated outright (to my knowledge, though someone here may know more) that they are fully citizens. However, they've lived there long enough to qualify for naturalization if they choose to pursue it, and they seem to be genuinely invested in their community.

I agree with everything you said and I want to add that the two Smith sisters are the only ones married into the Morton family that have cut off their family of origin. Therefore they aren’t missing much by living there. I think Alyssa, Campbell, and Kennedy would miss their families of origin way too much to move down there. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1

@SolomonFundy - as always, you make such good points & they're so well written.

You're probably right in that Alan's arrest and conviction, not to mention the loathsome nature of his crimes, put a stop to whatever momentum the Paraguay plans had. Judging from their IG accounts, I can't see Alyssa, Campbell or Kennedy going to Paraguay for more than an occasional visit.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 1

@hoipolloi Thank you, that's very kind!

Paraguay is a paradise for people like the older Morton children. Very little oversight or regulation into smaller businesses, farms, or private commercial endeavors, and you can basically build or make anything you want on your own land without having to bother with meeting codes. Mike in particular (at least, as his character was represented in Martha's Magnum Opus about her brothers) has always been very keen to build homebrew survival contraptions and shelters. Kressant has had a life-long love of historical clothing and "Little House on the Prairie"-style homesteading. Honestly, I think that they probably love their lives there far more than anyone else in the family could. 

In contrast, I am still flummoxed about Wesley and Rachel's long-term prospects there. They seem determined to make a go of it, but neither seemed particularly survivalist-minded before the move. They don't post as much evidence of their enjoyment/success, either. Rachel's difficult pregnancies and high-drama births are another source of concern. However, if memory serves, it was Rachel that was first discovered to be seeking information on expatriating, so for all I know, she's the progenitor of the idea in the Morton clan.

• Upvote 6

Jacob Wilson is in a relationship with Lundyn (Yes, spelled like that ?) Smith. She’s the sister of Logan Smith who is pretty close to the Duggars and Bates. 

Spoiler

E48984F1-6D10-43BB-BA55-D8743A7A0F55.thumb.jpeg.29394f87fa2f08d02c90a7e2a0254189.jpeg

She’s the one with the hat 

Edited by VBOY9977
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

13 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Jacob Wilson is in a relationship with Lundyn (Yes, spelled like that ?) Smith. She’s the sister of Logan Smith who is pretty close to the Duggars and Bates. 

Hide contents

E48984F1-6D10-43BB-BA55-D8743A7A0F55.thumb.jpeg.29394f87fa2f08d02c90a7e2a0254189.jpeg

She’s the one with the hat 

Interesting! I was wondering who would go after her. I’ve always thought she was very pretty. Jacob is also good looking so I imagine they make a handsome couple. I figured her brother Logan would go after one of the Bates girls. Like Katie. But she’s already taken. 

• 2 weeks later...

Based on registries:

Lauren Andregg and Devin Wikstrom are getting married April 18th

https://www.theknot.com/us/lauren-andregg-and-devin-wikstrom-apr-2020

Anna Richardson and Calbert Folks are getting married May 3rd

https://www.theknot.com/us/anna-richardson-and-calbert-forks-may-2020

Ariana Balka and Joel Cape are getting married May 25th

https://registry.theknot.com/ariana-balka-joel-cape-may-2020-tn/38166266

Elijah Lockwood and Katie Swalker are getting married October 10th

https://registry.theknot.com/katie-swankler-elijah-lockwood-october-2020-pa/38200688

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 4

Sarah Washburn and Stephen LaGoy married on 26 August. There was a thread about her father and brother's horrifying views on this: 

In other news, Anna Mieczkowski is engaged to a man called Nathan Spix, according to the family blog (the family's been mentioned in the fundie babies thread before).

Edited by Triplet3
  • Upvote 2
  • Thank You 1

3 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Genevieve Jackson is engaged to Nicholas Steinmetz

And they aren’t saving their first kiss for their wedding day. 

20EE1DD6-6A5B-4683-A36C-09BFAE921F3C.jpeg

• Upvote 5

13 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

Genevieve Jackson is engaged to Nicholas Steinmetz

Is this Marjorie’s sister?

• Upvote 1

15 minutes ago, FundieCentral said:

I’m just so glad Marjorie didn’t marry a Duggar. 

Marj are Gen both seem like they are still quite fundie. However they seem to be doing far better for themselves without the Duggars in their lives. 

• Upvote 7

From Michael and Brandon’s Instagram it definitely looks like Craig Keilen is in a relationship with a woman named Marley Rogers.

486861D6-659A-4152-AB46-AE13A1FB067E.jpeg

• Upvote 2
  • Thank You 3

11 hours ago, VBOY9977 said:

From Michael and Brandon’s Instagram it definitely looks like Craig Keilen is in a relationship with a woman named Marley Rogers.

486861D6-659A-4152-AB46-AE13A1FB067E.jpeg

It also looks like she’s a mother of 2. So I would guess that she’s divorced.

Edited by JermajestyDuggar
  • Upvote 4

Amber Keilen just posted this on her stories (her ig is public btw). So I guess Craig and Marley are now married. Or engaged? I don’t really get the wording but I kinda see a ring on him 

Spoiler

56A92BBE-F865-4EA8-BD6F-D88D022ACA31.thumb.jpeg.5ed9c4971d642999460818011db1dfb6.jpeg

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 2

7 minutes ago, VBOY9977 said:

Amber Keilen just posted this on her stories (her ig is public btw). So I guess Craig and Marley are now married. Or engaged? I don’t really get the wording but I kinda see a ring on him 

Hide contents

56A92BBE-F865-4EA8-BD6F-D88D022ACA31.thumb.jpeg.5ed9c4971d642999460818011db1dfb6.jpeg

Maybe it was a quicky type wedding? That’s only RJ’s family with them (remember the K kids? Including Kardigan. Lol) That’s just a small bit of the Keilen family. I think they both live in AZ so maybe they were the only ones able to attend last minute. If she has 2 kids, she may not want a big wedding.

• Upvote 1

It seems like there is always another Keilan kid I don't know about. And some don't look much like the others so I'd never be able to tell. Does anyone have a run down of all of the kids?

Edited by JMO
  • Upvote 2
  • I Agree 1

8 minutes ago, JMO said:

It seems like there is always another Keilan kid I don't know about. And some don't look much like the others so I'd never be able to tell. Does anyone have a run down of all of the kids?

6 girls 4 boys. 

Angie, Ron Jr., Alison, Craig, Becky, Brent, Cara, Brandon, Christy, and Amber.

A lot have gotten married in the last few years. They have gotten married late so there won’t be a ton of Keilin grandkids. RJ has the only ones and they are all teens. 

• Thank You 3

Just now, JMO said:

@JermajestyDuggar do you know how old Angie is?

She’s the oldest and she’s around 45. She and her new husband likely won’t have any bio kids. Unless they are ok with fertility treatments. 

• Thank You 1

3 hours ago, JMO said:

3 hours ago, JermajestyDuggar said:

6 girls 4 boys. 

Angie, Ron Jr., Alison, Craig, Becky, Brent, Cara, Brandon, Christy, and Amber.

A lot have gotten married in the last few years. They have gotten married late so there won’t be a ton of Keilin grandkids. RJ has the only ones and they are all teens. 

The parents are Ron and Jill. 

1. Angie (b. 1974) married Rick Geisel in a small family wedding 1/1/2020, with a reception 1/3/2020. She has a BA and in 2015 was working on a Masters at George Washington University (I don't know if she graduated or not). She had a highish level business job
  2. Ron Jr./RJ (b. 1977) married Heather Dauer. 3 kids (Kensington, Kardigan and ?). He works in real estate
  3. Alison (b. 1982) had a highish level business job
  4. Craig (b. 1984) just married Marley Marie Rogers, 2 step-kids
  5. Becky (b. 1986, twin to Brent) married Tim Forman 9/14/2019, involved with ATI
  6. Brent (b. 1986, twin to Becky) married Monica Nicole De Mass 6/3/2017, involved with ATI. He took over at FRC Action after Josh Duggar left due to scandal #1. Monica has health issues and they don't have kids yet.
  7. Cara (b. 1987) involved with ATI
  8. Brandon (b. 9/15/1989) married Michael Christian Bates 8/15/2015. Worked for ATI but I'm not sure what he's doing now that they've moved to Tennessee. They've talked about their fertility issues
  9. Christy (b. 1991) last I knew she was working at a pizza place
  10. Amber (b. 1992) in 2015 she was doing College Plus.

• Upvote 1
  • Thank You 8

6 hours ago, Bethella said:

Ron Jr./RJ (b. 1977) married Heather Dauer. 3 kids (Kensington, Kardigan and ?). He works in real estate.

Do you know if Heather is one of the California Dauers (mom Marci who loves the Duggars and creepy Cooper)?

• Bethella locked and unpinned this topic