IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

C5D1F4CC-F0BB-447C-A625-9F646660536F.thumb.jpeg.8669e7c74c4e2bb45b9a19307c504550.jpegDawg when summer finally got here.

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Upvote 4
  • Love 21

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Here is Buddy, all clean.

E7F21A76-BA8B-4005-BFBC-AB59D34731AE.jpeg

bless my heart I wanna smoooooosh him so bad

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 1
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 9

This is Mona. She is about eight weeks old. I found her three weeks ago. I was walking to the bus stop, and she jumped out of the woods and began meowing at me. She was so tiny and scared. I wound up catching her with pizza cheese.

Now she is happy kitten. 

On topic: Did Pickles go TO the funeral!? I went to her page briefly and she has a picture of the pamphlet and supposedly has insider info.

20190620_131649.jpg

• Love 43

You know. If you don’t want to see more cat photos the absolute worst thing you can do is ask people to stop. Because certain 47s and others take that as a challenge and not a request.

5949173f7d757382f5772a441d009188.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Haha 17
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 25

5 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I love the color of your cabinets. (Cute puppy, too!)

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 2
  • Thank You 1

4 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I love the color of your cabinets. (Cute puppy, too!)

I still have a set of doors that need to go on. My painter had a meltdown and I cannot find anyone else right now :(

• Upvote 3
  • Love 4

3 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

I still have a set of doors that need to go on. My painter had a meltdown and I cannot find anyone else right now :(

I have two small cabinets above my fridge that are dark brown while the rest of my kitchen is white. My Mom very graciously chalk painted my cabinets two years ago, because she loves DIY and is great at it, but she is too short and short-armed to reach up there. She probably asks me once every month if we've finished them yet. She says we're tall so we have no excuse. I say two babies in two years is our excuse for everything for the foreseeable future. ?

• Upvote 5
  • Haha 13
  • I Agree 1

36 minutes ago, Screamapillar said:

I have two small cabinets above my fridge that are dark brown while the rest of my kitchen is white. My Mom very graciously chalk painted my cabinets two years ago, because she loves DIY and is great at it, but she is too short and short-armed to reach up there. She probably asks me once every month if we've finished them yet. She says we're tall so we have no excuse. I say two babies in two years is our excuse for everything for the foreseeable future. ?

Can she come finish these doors???

i will make her a cake!

• Upvote 2
  • Love 4

22 hours ago, hollyfeller said:

OMG I want to cuddle that kitten so bad!

They had upset tummies this morning and were feeling kinda puny.   I am on bedrest for a few days and when my husband put him on me, he just curled up next to my neck and went right to sleep.   I felt really bad that they didn't feel good, but the cuddles were very welcome.   They are both back to their normal selves tonight much to our relief.

This is one of my favorite pics of him so far.  He's cuddling up to his purring mama cat replacer.  He was about 6.5 weeks here.

photo_2019-06-05_22-35-35 (2).jpg

• Upvote 2
  • Love 35

9 hours ago, Bobology said:

Sorry for your unknown-for-a-time loss, @IsmeWeatherwax, and you are right about how grief, no matter what kind, hurts.

Thank you to the members who explained about scrapbooking for fundies vs thread drift photos. I wanted to post one pic of my 18 y.o. cat who died last October. He never went on a rampage and not once knocked anything off of a counter or table. He was patient with my grandson. After he died there were several times he 'visited' me and I heard his distinct, crackly meow. Could have been my brain or could have been his energy. He is why I enjoyed reading all the posts about souls in heaven and energy, etc. 

Kitty with tyke.jpg

That's adorable.  I have read and from knowing people with orange and white cats that they, in general, are very sweet cats.   I hope to find out personally some day.

7 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Wow you didn't mess around.  Just shaved it all off.  He looks great!

6 hours ago, Lurker said:

My rescue Coco, she has come a long way from the terrified cat that cowered under the sideboard for weeks two years ago.

1F51C9A9-D9FD-41D3-A998-F7C3F9622CD9.jpeg

It's a grown-up Echo.  So so beautiful!

How much grooming do you do?

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

On 6/18/2019 at 2:47 PM, Playagirl said:

Playakitty hanging out on top of the fridge. She didn't come home last night and I'm trying not to freak. She's been going out on her own for a couple of months now because she's nuts and completely unmanageable indoors.  Her vet said some cats do better when they're allowed outside and that's certainly true with her. She generally goes out for a couple of hours after supper and comes in before bed but not this time. Her humans are sad and worried even though it's our own fault for letting her out.

Playakitty.jpg

Did Playakitty come home? Big huge hugs to you, if she didn’t. Ear scritches for Playakitty, if she’s home. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 3
  • Love 3

There you go. I actually found more than one not-blurred picture on my tablet, I nearly forgot that I took pictures of her with my tablet... She loves her wheel, she is a climber and a digger, her fur is sooooo soft and she is the smartest hamster on earth (totally objective opinion). It sucks that hamster only become 2 - 2 1/2 years old, but we spoil her very much so that her life will be as happy as we can make it. She entertains us every evening. Getting a hamster was our best decision ever. 

IMG-20190428-WA0000.jpeg

• Upvote 3
  • Love 39

FurryMay has strict rules regarding bed time and if you're not in bed at the required time he will unashamedly take your spot. 

20190617_233613.jpg

• Haha 18
  • Love 19

15 hours ago, HerNameIsBuffy said:

I know an awesome pet stylist if you’re ever in need let me know :) 

Well, as long as it's not an unschooling homesteader in Kentucky...

• Upvote 2
  • Rufus Bless 1
  • Haha 15

It’s winter down under so my maggie is in a jumper since she just had a haircut.

9745A719-4DCB-4E4C-ABD7-1A4CECF90E58.jpeg

Edited by Karma
  • Upvote 3
  • Love 34

8 hours ago, FJismyheadship said:

On topic: Did Pickles go TO the funeral!? I went to her page briefly and she has a picture of the pamphlet and supposedly has insider info.

I don't think she actually went, as I understood she just has some "source" who reported to her...I think that if the Duggar or Bates know who she is and spot her at some activity/party/house of them they would call the security and throw her out 

• Upvote 5

@Curious I brush her every other day sometimes more with a pin brush or else mats and knots form.  I’m lucky she enjoys being groomed and will even allow a limited amount of under arm and belly brushing.

• Upvote 3

I think it’s very likely that the Duggars would eventually put a family cemetery on their land rather than buying a plot. Of course Mary had to be buried with Jimmy.

• Upvote 6

WiseDog #2 in a Velcro mood. WiseDog #1 is currently at the groomer so she is anxious.

20190619_173416.jpg

• Upvote 4
  • Love 28

I love this thread drift. ? All your babies are beautiful . I have a special place in my hearts for cats. I had an amazing black cat named Billy who lost his battle with feline AIDS but he help me so much during my divorce. We can't have a cats now because my boyfriend is allergic. 

• Sad 1
  • Love 26

On 20 June 2019 at 12:54 AM, nelliebelle1197 said:

so we can post stuff like the Amazing Fred and his sidekick Nutty Buddy after they dug under our fence and escaped to freedom for ten minutes a few weeks back

Aw, they are so cute! I know very little about dogs, what are they? They look so happy, no way could you be mad at them for their Great Escape! I have some rattie boys now, they become incredibly lazy between 6 months/one year and can't be bothered to escape anymore. Which, of course, means that I can trust them not to run around the flat and nest in the back of the sofa, nibble everything etc -  so I leave the cage doors open all day and night unless I'm out for more than a couple of hours. They just escape to jump into my bed and wake me up for treats.

After my first boy, Zebedee, was allowed to grow up free range, and wrought havoc everywhere, I tightened up on security. Now I know to keep them close until they are too lazy to find literally everything worthy of modifications... He is the one who ate through a childproof lid, and nibbled the sugar coating off all my tablets, bit into tubes of superglue etc. I know toddlers are meant to be watched closely, but rats, wow. Like quiet tiny stealthy toddlers with great climbing skills, sharp teeth, and incredible motor skills!

Now, hamsters, are a different story. Every single one (I've had 8) has been a little Houdini. My last one, in my pic, was the worst, as he could fit under every door in the house, and, as a robo hamster, was naturally inclined to run 7 or 8 miles a night. He had a playpen with 30cm high bars - robos are about 8cm long, so he couldn't jump them. But I swear the was working out with an escape plan of climbing out. He used to do pull ups - and started getting very close to the tops. Of course, he also destroyed a rug and the underlying carpet by trying to burrow out. Seriously never thought something so tiny to cause so much damage, and so quietly.

Of course, they were too cute to tell off. Now, when I used my eaten curtains, clothes, rugs etc for messy jobs, I just find it adorable. At the time, though, I was pissed off with myself.

OK, didn't mean to write an essay! Just wanted to add that I love seeing people's pets, personally. Especially as they are only rarely selfies, and never do the subjects write inane or objectionable captions. Plus, personally, though I'm all for nail polish, as a serial nail biter, with shaky hands, I miss all the fun, lol.

ETA. OK, Bichon. That'll teach me not to read all the replies first!

Edited by Zebedee
read replies!
  • Upvote 1
  • Love 14

@Scrabblemaster Hamsters are amazing, and she is adorable! My last hammy, Parsnip (he was already named when I rehomed him, I called him Tiny P) as seen in my profile pic, always just looked like 22g of fluff and rage. It seems common with very tiny animals - I find this with blue tits too, lol - that, even when they are quite happy, they like to (try to) look menacing. I used to have to try really hard not to laugh at his angry face.

I hear you on the lifespan thing. I've got rats. Had 2 very young deaths from something congenital (about 3 months) a couple of sudden deaths (about 1 y.o.) and one "pensioner" who reached 3. All the others only get to about 2. It's devastating :( 

• Upvote 3
  • Love 9

4 minutes ago, zcccrv said:

My neighbourhood supervision team.

20190417_174040_HDR~4.jpg

I love this! One of them is keeping an eye out and the other is reporting back to you.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 9
  • Love 3