IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

The entire thing - the viewing & the funeral - were filmed by TLC. 

Unfucking believable! Capitalizing on your mother's death! Your greed and need for attention truly knows no bounds! Fuck you, Jim Bob? Any sympathy I had for you at this time is gone.

• Upvote 4

Years Ago on TWOP a fellow possible Anna’s brother claimed he did not want to be filmed at JoshAnnas wedding and producer Scott told him then he would not be allowed in the wedding at all then. I don’t know if that’s true but that’s frightening if TLC has that arrogance and power. 

• Upvote 7

I personally receive enjoyment from seeing others' pics of their personal crafts, pets, recipes and such during thread drift. When the member/poster asked for it to stop I was sure it would be over the recent bandwith rally. I consider myself somewhat of a 'fringe' member here, so I'll admit it is confusing to me to see the recent "stop posting pics of fundies without discussing fundie damage" due to bandwith, but pics that have no relevance to fundies or damage don't receive the requests to please stop.  I'm wondering if maybe personal photos uploaded here take up less bandwith (which I admit I don't totally understand) than pics lifted from other web sites? I might be more inclined to post personal pics if this is true.

• Upvote 14
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 1

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

Years Ago on TWOP a fellow possible Anna’s brother claimed he did not want to be filmed at JoshAnnas wedding and producer Scott told him then he would not be allowed in the wedding at all then. I don’t know if that’s true but that’s frightening if TLC has that arrogance and power. 

That was Josh McD.  Rebekah Keller's former husband.  Josh McD was IBLP in recovery.   He had his own site and also posted on RG.

He posted the story on TWoP and then another site either stole it or he posted there too.  I used to have it saved.  I'll have to rummage, but I'm afraid I lost it in a laptop crash.  

It was very interesting and informative though.  I am going to rummage.  Give me a few ...

ETA, and  FJ's search function is wonderful.  Here you go:

Edited by Palimpsest
Found it!
  • Upvote 12
  • Thank You 6

59 minutes ago, Bobology said:

I personally receive enjoyment from seeing others' pics of their personal crafts, pets, recipes and such during thread drift. When the member/poster asked for it to stop I was sure it would be over the recent bandwith rally. I consider myself somewhat of a 'fringe' member here, so I'll admit it is confusing to me to see the recent "stop posting pics of fundies without discussing fundie damage" due to bandwith, but pics that have no relevance to fundies or damage don't receive the requests to please stop.  I'm wondering if maybe personal photos uploaded here take up less bandwith (which I admit I don't totally understand) than pics lifted from other web sites? I might be more inclined to post personal pics if this is true.

Bob, I think the difference is that the pet and chicken diversions happen once in a blue moon but the Instagram pics and such happen multiple times a day in multiple threads. A member who did nothing but post pics from Duggar SM a few years back was the reason for the issues with the fundie pics. There is also the desire to simply not make this a photo album for babies and weddings for no reason. There are fan sites for that. Plus, so many of the kids we followed are now grown ups and it's not just a few blogs but dozens and dozens of SM sites! There has to be some controls so we can post stuff like the Amazing Fred and his sidekick Nutty Buddy after they dug under our fence and escaped to freedom for ten minutes a few weeks back:

IMG_0168.JPG

Edited by nelliebelle1197
  • Upvote 3
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 35

1 hour ago, tabitha2 said:

But it wasn’t his wedding...the Duggars agreed to film, and they couldn’t avoid filming him or any number of people who also objected.  So he had the choice to stay or leave.  Sure, that is crappy, but the wedding became a business transaction once they agreed to film it.

I highly doubt they were contractually obligated to allow the funeral to be filmed.  Boob knows a funeral epi would bring in good ratings, and they filmed Jubilee’s funeral.  I’m sure Boob and Figure 8 were talking about it within 24 hours of her passing.

• Upvote 6

2 hours ago, Bobology said:

They don’t take up less bandwidth, but it’s a good question and I’m sure others wondered too.

We aren’t anti-pic ...were just not in the position to become a respoitory to endless fundy pics posted here for no reason other than because a fundy posted them.

We are, however, a community.  Yes, the purpose of FJ is to expose the evils of fundamentalism but that’s not all it is.  We’re also a bunch of people, whether here since yuku or just joined today, who share stuff.  Our opinions, our thoughts, our snark and as much or as little of our lives as we choose.  

We’ve got @Palimpsest thread of cuteness and   we’ll never ration the pics of adorable there.

There are all kinds of threads and sub forums here that have nothing to do with fundies.  (Reminds me it’s been ages since I’ve harassed people into posting recipes on Feed Jinger - consider yourselves officially harassed.).   Food, hobbies, entertainment, etc.  

I know I speak for the admin and hm teams when I say we’re happy to store and maintain and protect and back up all of it.  

That data exists because of people using FJ as intended.  As a community.  That it’s so active makes me happy ...despite my occasional bitching I really do think this is an extrodinary place and I love how many really interesting people feel at home here.

Contrast that to pics that have no comment or context to them besides “Carlin wearing a hat” and maybe it makes it a little clearer why were drawing the distinction. 

Every comment or pic here doesn’t need to be about the downfall of fundementalism...we’re more than that.

But we are not, and will never be, a Duggar/Batesesses fan club.  

posting pics of our pets or whatever other innocuous stuff may not decry fundementalism, but it doesn’t promote it either.  Making a scrapbook of pretty, shiny, dangerous people with beautiful babies does.

I promise, if people post pics of pets who actively work to take over our government to foist their oppressive hate on the rest of us we won’t have room for them either.  Fortunately animals are far too smart for that crap.  ♥️

(Yeah, I know, I used all the words.  Sorry)  

• Upvote 26
  • I Agree 1
  • Thank You 4
  • Love 4

A bit OT and morbid, but I wonder if the Duggars have made arrangements for future graveyard space.  There are a lot of them and counting.

• Upvote 17

I wonder how the TLC earnings be split from the funeral ep

Will Deanna and possibly Amy get/be entitled to a  percentage of it. 

They totally should have been allowed to say no to filming and therefore the compliance should indicate a possible monetary compensation. 

If Mary ahead of time agreed to her funeral being filmed would she have thought to think that only the duggar son would profit?

• Upvote 10

That is interesting. I wondered who would have to put their foot down and say, no, camera stay away. I think Michelle's family has been able to. They filmed a gathering of theirs once, and otherwise, they mentioned Grandpa Ruark's funeral(they all went except Josie who stayed with a nurse friend) and one time in their travels they stopped off to see them.

And yeah, Anna's family. They have NOT been on the show at all since it became Counting On, and when they did, it was limited. I see that with all the co-in-laws now; limited showing if at all. That would explain why we haven't seen anything on Kendra's baby sibling. Ben's parents are shown very little, and his siblings, not on Counting On. I think Jeremy's siblings may have been shown briefly, but not interviewed. Lauren's have been shown a bit more, for the first pregnancy announcement, but that's it.

Anyway, I hope Amy and Deanna weren't exploited in any way, or anyone else in their lives who love THEM but not the cameras. Tyler's done some interviews, but I hope his mom is left alone.

• Upvote 10

5 hours ago, Bobology said:

The (not) new "prohibition" on posting fundie pics is because we aren't a fundie scrapbooking site.   It's fine to post fundie pictures as long as you include some content with it.

Why is the pic interesting?  Why did it draw your attention?   Things like that.  We have the same rule for posting links.   If you post a link with no other content we don't know why we should click on it or where it goes, which means most people are not going to click on it and may miss something interesting/informative.

Basically, if it's worth posting tell us why.

When people post personal pictures they tend to post some explanation or a story that goes along with it, so they weren't really mentioned during the latest minor kerfluffle.

Since you said you like seeing crafts, here is a blanket I made for my soon to be here granddaughter.

cactus.blanket.jpg

• Upvote 20
  • Haha 1
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 10

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

A bit OT and morbid, but I wonder if the Duggars have made arrangements for future graveyard space.  There are a lot of them and counting.

That’s a good question.  From my days in fundy insanity one thing I noticed was they won’t cremate, due to that verse about the graves giving up the dead when Jesus makes it back.  I’m not looking it up because NO.  But yeah.

• Upvote 3

4 hours ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Bob, I think the difference is that the pet and chicken diversions happen once in a blue moon but the Instagram pics and such happen multiple times a day in multiple threads. A member who did nothing but post pics from Duggar SM a few years back was the reason for the issues with the fundie pics. There is also the desire to simply not make this a photo album for babies and weddings for no reason. There are fan sites for that. Plus, so many of the kids we followed are now grown ups and it's not just a few blogs but dozens and dozens of SM sites! There has to be some controls so we can post stuff like the Amazing Fred and his sidekick Nutty Buddy after they dug under our fence and escaped to freedom for ten minutes a few weeks back:

IMG_0168.JPG

I wonder which one did the digging?  It's a mystery for sure!

2 hours ago, Dandruff said:

I think this is kind of normal..to buy a family plot.  I'm not sure with so many kids that they would be able to do that because they would take a lot of space.   My grandparents and my parents are buried next to each other because when my grandpa died they bought the 3 other plots at the same time.

• Upvote 2
  • Haha 6

@nelliebelle1197

I didn't know you got Fred a friend. They're too cute. They also look  damn pleased with themselves.

Nothing like a jail broke critter.

• Upvote 7
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

11 hours ago, VelociRapture said:

She also let us ride our bikes on the paved paths at the cemetery so she could have a bit of time at the grave on her own, while still having us in sight. She would have skinned us alive had we dared ride across any graves though. 

The street I grew up on was right behind a cemetery. I could see the graves from my bedroom window very well all through my years growing up. I actually learned to ride my bike in that cemetary when I was a kid. Of course, I would never have dared to ride on the lawn and between the graves. I usually stayed on the path. It was not our family cemetary nor our parish either. So no one we knew was buried there. But it was a nice path car-free for a little girl to learn to ride her bike and my mom could keep an eye on me from the back of the house easily.

My parents still live in the house and to be honest, it was never weird. When in my teenage years, some of my friends staying over were spooked out to see the cemetary so clearly in the moonlight. But for me it had become normal. Especially in my older teens when I had a better concept of grieving and losing loved ones myself. Sometimes I would see new graves appear, sometimes people coming to put flowers on graves and even some burial ceremonies. I would catch a glimpse from my window but soon remove my eyes because otherwise it felt like I was looking on something private. I often had a little thought or simple feeling for these strangers I did not know, and hoped the person they were gireving for was loved and had a good life. I don't consider myself a believer so often prayers are not relevant to me. But I kind of like the concept of sending good thoughts to people. So that is what I usually did when I would see a burial ceremony from my window.

I think growing up right behind a cemetary also made me see it differently. It was not a weird and creepy place. I certainly didn't grasp this when I was a kid, but now that I am older, I think a cemetary is also a place for the living. Somewhere people can go, be in touch with their emotions, reminisce in the past, bring there kids when they are visiting, let their children be children and be alive (and learn to ride their bikes ;) ) whilst still being respectful of the people that are resting there.

Edited by Vivi_music
  • Upvote 8
  • Love 21

Challenge accepted.

4470d2817cabc36f529058956dabf808.jpg

• Upvote 8
  • Haha 7
  • Love 29

Just now, 47of74 said:

Challenge accepted.

4470d2817cabc36f529058956dabf808.jpg

I love floofy tuxedo cats!  So gorgeous!  

• Upvote 4
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 5

I love floofy tuxedo cats!  So gorgeous!  

That’s Fluffy. We also have another floofy tux named Jennifer Cat but I don’t have any pics handy of her.

Then of course was my sweet feline niece Morgan. She was a floofy tux as well with quite the personality. She went to the bridge in 2013. We still miss her.

Edit ducking autocorrect

• Upvote 6
  • Love 2

This charming miniature panther accepts my mom as his food provider and litter maintenance worker. He does offer lots of cuddles in exchange for quality work. Clearly, he owns the house (and my mom).

5F282A9F-28D8-4FAB-ABFB-521C7DDC14E5.jpeg

Edited by apandaaries
  • Upvote 5
  • Love 26

The filming of Grandma Duggar’s funeral... The Duggars have said that their tv show is a ministry. They really do appear to believe that. People from all over have met Mrs. Duggar, both in person and on tv. Those people might want to see her funeral.  I don’t know her at all, but I think if the televised portion of her funeral showed Mary Duggar’s love of God and Christianity, then she would be okay with it. What WOULD be beautiful is if the proceeds from her funeral episode went towards Mary’s favourite charities. I cannot see that happening. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 8

7 minutes ago, grandmadugger said:

Well crap I got called out by @HerNameIsBuffy I haven’t published a recipe in over a year. Yikes!!! To make appease you I offer this cutie 

26B3AFE0-2B81-42B3-B3DE-75A230AFBB16.jpeg

*needs to change name to ghostofgrandmaduggar

And what a cute wee puddy cat you have ❤️

• Upvote 1
  • Haha 6
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, Curious said:

Clearly, you are new here.  We enjoy pictures of members pets and thread drift is allowed.  If you don't like them, feel free to scroll on by to the posts you want to read.

pirate6.10.19.jpg

OMG I want to cuddle that kitten so bad!

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 3

1 hour ago, apandaaries said:

Clearly, he owns the house (and my mom).

Wait- don't all cats own the house? The humans are tolerated as food and treat dispensers and as waste removal crew. If the humans are really lucky, the felines might let them pet them or might curl up with them, but that is purely at the pleasure of the feline not the human.

• Upvote 9
  • I Agree 9
  • Love 1