IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

12 hours ago, SassyPants said:

EFF whoever made that decision. EFF them, EFF them, EFF them!

They did the same with Jubilee, why are you surprised they did it with Grandma? I find this much less "weird offensive insensitive, or what ever you want to call it than filming the prolife rally funeral they had for an 18 week old fetus. 

• Upvote 15
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

2 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

far out. Enough of the cat, dog, rabbit pics. Other people's pets are the equivalent to their kids. They think they're amazing but not everyone else does.

Cool, back on topic...

If you want to get the train back on the tracks, make a contribution to the conversation.

For example, I predict that Grandma Mary's house will be sold (bad pool memories) and Amy will receive part of the proceeds.

• Upvote 30
  • Thank You 3
  • Love 1

4 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

far out. Enough of the cat, dog, rabbit pics. Other people's pets are the equivalent to their kids. They think they're amazing but not everyone else does.

Cool, back on topic...

Perhaps you should read the rules and familiarize yourself with the concept of thread drift.  How it works, how it’s an inherent part of FJ, and how if you don’t like it you can either scroll past it or find another forum where topics are moderated to your specifications.

• Upvote 39
  • Love 10

9 minutes ago, allthegoodnamesrgone said:

They did the same with Jubilee, why are you surprised they did it with Grandma? I find this much less "weird offensive insensitive, or what ever you want to call it than filming the prolife rally funeral they had for an 18 week old fetus. 

I never saw that episode. Did they ever repeat it?

12 minutes ago, SassyPants said:

This is just another example of the Duggars actually worshiping at the altar of money.

Whatever form of Christianity they are hawking is so skewed.

Do they have a permanent TLC crew sitting around in Arkansas waiting for the next event? Seems a crew just 'happens' to be around for major life events. Kinda creepy.

• Upvote 3

1 minute ago, onekidanddone said:

Do they have a permanent TLC crew sitting around in Arkansas waiting for the next event? Seems a crew just 'happens' to be around for major life events. Kinda creepy.

Likely just a phone call away. In this case and  if TLC was actually on the ground filming the ceremony and burial, there were roughly 10 days for TLC to formulate and activate a plan.

• Upvote 8

I would imagine JB did a whole lot of bossing when it came to the funeral and organising financial affairs.

I have a feeling it would be awfully difficult for Amy to have any say regarding any tributes, flowers, etc. and this is just the beginning of what will be a very public family scandal.

• Upvote 1
  • I Agree 3

32 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

I would imagine JB did a whole lot of bossing when it came to the funeral and organising financial affairs.

I have a feeling it would be awfully difficult for Amy to have any say regarding any tributes, flowers, etc. and this is just the beginning of what will be a very public family scandal.

In most families it wouldn’t be the granddaughter stepping up as long as their was a child of the deceased alive and competent.

Idk why the arrangements would be about JB and Amy rather than JB and Deanna.

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 12
  • Love 1

To be correct all the planning and funeral arrangements should be left to JB and Deanna And I have a feeling that Deanna will follow her brother’s lead as the head of the family now from their POV . All the grandchildren need to do is grieve and support their respective parents. 

• Upvote 8
  • I Agree 1

30 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

If Amy or her mother have been pushed out, then I can see her finally losing it.

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 2

37 minutes ago, omgpleasestop said:

I would imagine JB did a whole lot of bossing when it came to the funeral and organizing financial affairs.

I wouldn't be surprised, but I think all will depend Deanna, Amy can't set JB's family on fire without burning Deanna as well, Amy may not want to do that to her mother. 

Edited by allthegoodnamesrgone
  • Upvote 9
  • I Agree 1

If GMM was as business oriented as so many claim, I’d imagine she’d have her own services planned ( my folks who are older than GMM do). Also, JB has been shown to outsource scut work (and even important stuff life child rearing) to minor children, so I’m sure the younger Duggars were involved in the “work” needed. Jana is a likely a good bet, IMO.

• Upvote 8

Can I ask a stupid question? 

One of the instagram photos shows pallbearers, carrying the coffin, walking directly over other people's graves (I'm talking fully over the memorial stone along with some flowers). Is that an OK thing? Here in the UK that's a big no-no...... (But then we tend to have upright gravestones which would make that pretty hard to do anyway).

• Upvote 15
  • WTF 3
  • I Agree 6
  • Thank You 1

14 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

One of the instagram photos shows pallbearers, carrying the coffin, walking directly over other people's graves (I'm talking fully over the memorial stone along with some flowers). Is that an OK thing? Here in the UK that's a big no-no...... (But then we tend to have upright gravestones which would make that pretty hard to do anyway).

Not a stupid question,  I noticed that too.  It's a big no-no here as well.   I think most people are careful and respectful when walking through a section  of a cemetery that has those flat markers.  No idea why the Duggars were were stomping through grave markers.  

• Upvote 23
  • Thank You 1
  • Love 1

15 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

Personally, I was raised not to walk across the graves of people I don’t know. Mom thought it was more respectful to avoid doing that. Family members though? Fair game. My mom actually allowed us to jump up and down while screaming on her sister’s grave when we were very young because she felt it was a healthy way to express our grief and confusion over her death. She died as a result of suicide when I was almost five though, so it was a very unique circumstance that she wouldn’t have allowed otherwise. She also let us ride our bikes on the paved paths at the cemetery so she could have a bit of time at the grave on her own, while still having us in sight. She would have skinned us alive had we dared ride across any graves though.

I think the photo you mentioned shows them walking over a family grave. The last name isn’t entirely clear, but it looks like it says “Duggar.” If that’s the case then I don’t think it’s a big deal. 

• Upvote 17

29 minutes ago, CoveredInBees said:

I've seen it done. It's shocking to see, but in an old graveyard sometimes there is no other way. Just recently I was at a funeral where a wife was buried with her 40 plus years dead husband. The grave was in the middle of a row, and the logistics meant that even the dug out dirt was thrown onto someone else's grave. It definitely felt disrespectful, but there was no other way.

I don't think TLC should have been at the funeral. It's not like the old days of 19 kids, it's the new show now. I think they could have said no to filming, and given her the dignity she deserves. Does JB still call the shots? Is he the one in charge of Counting On? I guess I'm kind of old fashioned, but I value privacy. Selling your self to be on TV is just such a strange way to live your life.

• Upvote 14

3 hours ago, omgpleasestop said:

Cool, back on topic...

You have not been around here much right?  We have a long history of posting pictures of pets and such and a long history of thread drift. If you don't like it, scroll past it.

Also, the owner of the forum started the snaps of pets , so you might want take it up with @Curious

• Upvote 10
  • Haha 19
  • Love 3

2 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

I was curious about this myself so last night I done some research. The grave they walked on was JB's Great Great Uncle I think.

Edited by jillsdopplerofdoom
  • Upvote 3
  • Thank You 4

It is usually frowned upon to do this, however with the rain, crowd and placement of burial it might have been the only way to get the coffin there, there are times you just have to wing it, even in times like this. I agree it looks to be a Duggar grave they carrying the coffin over, they seem to be trying to mindful, but if she's being buried in the middle of a full cemetery, you can't avoid walking over a few graves.

• Upvote 14

48 minutes ago, nelliebelle1197 said:

Also, the owner of the forum started the snaps of pets , so you might want take it up with @Curious

Now that wasn't kind.  @Curious is NOT a Fluffy Bunny and eats people who challenge thread drift alive,  Let alone pet piccy thread drift.  :bunny-evil:

@omgpleasestop, at your own risk.  Thread drift is an honored tradition here.  

Back to topic:

4 hours ago, onekidanddone said:

Mostly the production crew have blocked out filming days and obviously some things like weddings are planned in advance.  There were a couple of times on 19K&C where something dramatic happened when the Figure 8 crew wasn't there, and the Duggars grabbed a video camera and filmed themselves.  The footage was integrated into the show as "Duggar Cam."  My memory is foggy, but one occasion was when <name that Lost Boy> fell into an orchestra pit and knocked himself cold.  Another was when Anna went into labor with <name that Mkid>.  Possibly McKynsie (sp?).  Josh's first action was to call the production team to come and film the birth.  The second was to start filming her himself until they got there. :(

My guess it was in the contract and the video cameras were provided by Figure 8.

1 hour ago, Kak said:

I don't think TLC should have been at the funeral. It's not like the old days of 19 kids, it's the new show now. I think they could have said no to filming, and given her the dignity she deserves. Does JB still call the shots Is he the one in charge of Counting On? I guess I'm kind of old fashioned, but I value privacy. Selling your self to be on TV is just such a strange way to live your life.

Goodness knows.  And we'd have to see the contract for Counting On.   I think it is still between The Duggar Family LLC and TLC-Discovery-Figure 8 Films, so presumably still with JB in charge.  The Reality TV contracts that have been leaked are disgraceful.  These families really do sign away their privacy.  It is sick.

What if other mourners don't want their grief on camera -- do they not go?  I hope Deanna and Amy were OK with it being filmed.

Of course, the JB and M Duggar also allowed Jubilee's funeral to be filmed as anti-choice witnessing opportunity, but they were the primary mourners.  Their choice.  Not necessarily this time.

Privacy violations aside, the idea of filming a funeral for profit really grosses me out, TBH. 

• Upvote 19

27 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

Now that wasn't kind.  @Curious is NOT a Fluffy Bunny and eats people who challenge thread drift alive,  Let alone pet piccy thread drift.  :bunny-evil:

@omgpleasestop, at your own risk.  Thread drift is an honored tradition here.  

Back to topic:

Mostly the production crew have blocked out filming days and obviously some things like weddings are planned in advance.  There were a couple of times on 19K&C where something dramatic happened when the Figure 8 crew wasn't there, and the Duggars grabbed a video camera and filmed themselves.  The footage was integrated into the show as "Duggar Cam."  My memory is foggy, but one occasion was when <name that Lost Boy> fell into an orchestra pit and knocked himself cold.  Another was when Anna went into labor with <name that Mkid>.  Possibly McKynsie (sp?).  Josh's first action was to call the production team to come and film the birth.  The second was to start filming her himself until they got there. :(

My guess it was in the contract and the video cameras were provided by Figure 8.

Goodness knows.  And we'd have to see the contract for Counting On.   I think it is still between The Duggar Family LLC and TLC-Discovery-Figure 8 Films, so presumably still with JB in charge.  The Reality TV contracts that have been leaked are disgraceful.  These families really do sign away their privacy.  It is sick.

What if other mourners don't want their grief on camera -- do they not go?  I hope Deanna and Amy were OK with it being filmed.

Of course, the JB and M Duggar also allowed Jubilee's funeral to be filmed as anti-choice witnessing opportunity, but they were the primary mourners.  Their choice.  Not necessarily this time.

Privacy violations aside, the idea of filming a funeral for profit really grosses me out, TBH. 

Oh, but it's not for profit,  it's for "ministry."  ?

• Upvote 5
  • Rufus Bless 6
  • Haha 7
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 2

1 minute ago, WarriorJane said:

Oh, but it's not for profit,  it's for "ministry."  ?

:puke-huge:Like they aren't going to get paid for the "ministry."

• Upvote 9
  • Haha 2
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

10 minutes ago, Palimpsest said:

:puke-huge:Like they aren't going to get paid for the "ministry."

I've always been under the impression is that is what ministry is, for profit. 

• Upvote 6
  • Sad 1
  • Thank You 1

4 hours ago, CoveredInBees said:

Not any okay thing in my part of the world. I've been to a lot of funerals/graveside services/funeral-graveside services in country and city cemeteries, including one straight up a hill in rural Kentucky in the last 20 years. I've never been to one where the pallbearers walk over any sort of marker. A funeral director has led them along the paths between the grave markers and then to the gravesite.

Been to a couple of military funerals, too. Never seen it there either.

Edited by sixcatatty
  • Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2