IGNORED

Grandma Mary Died

princessmahina

According to their Facebook, she died this afternoon. 

The Duggars, of course, included a full paragraph on how godly she was. ??‍♀️

Edited by Coconut Flan
  • Sad 18
  • Thank You 7

It feels like that bit about her being a successful real estate broker was more or less tacked on. I get no sense of what kind of person Mary Duggar was. All this tells me is that she was a  Christian, progenitor, and a real estate broker.

Sad!

• Upvote 10
  • I Agree 2
  • Love 1

It reads like an obituary not a family written story. Either it wasn’t a shock or Mary was prepared and had her obituary written already just in case. My grandma wrote her own 20 years before she died 

• Upvote 7
  • I Agree 2

1 minute ago, grandmadugger said:

It reads like an obituary not a family written story. Either it wasn’t a shock or Mary was prepared and had her obituary written already just in case. My grandma wrote her own 20 years before she died 

Mine too, and a prepaid funeral. I don’t think it’s that uncommon.

• Upvote 3

I feel for Amy after she posted about Grandma Mary the other day and their relationship and now she won’t be able to share the birth of her son with her. I’ll admit I was saddened to hear this. 

Edited by frugalitymom
  • Upvote 23
  • Sad 1
  • I Agree 22
  • Love 3

RIP GM Mary. Condolences to all her family members. 2 weeks ago today she celebrated her birthday and welcomed a new GGD, Ivy, and today she has passed...the circle of life.

• Upvote 10
  • Love 19

She was born on the same day as my late mother 5/26/1941, a world apart. RIP Grandma Mary. May she be a guardian angel for the Duggar's -- open their eyes to not having more than one pregnancy per family and show them how to be guardians of our planet.

• Upvote 1
  • Love 11

Duggar Family official posted this photo and obit.  Glad Jessa got the "4 generations" pic and I do feel badly for Amy that she won't have one with her baby - <iframe src="https://www.facebook.com/plugins/post.php?href=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fduggarfamilyofficial%2Fposts%2F1607483409385302&width=500" width="500" height="726" style="border:none;overflow:hidden" scrolling="no" frameborder="0" allowTransparency="true" allow="encrypted-media"></iframe>

Edited by Cheetah
trying to embed the photo but not succeeding because I don't know what i'm doing
  • Upvote 10
  • Thank You 2

Can’t snark as much as I dislike her/them. Losing my grandma broke me. RIP. 

• Upvote 12
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 20

Whatever I feel about their beliefs, and whatever I disagree with, losing your mother and grandmother is very difficult and all of my thoughts and my love are with them.  Maybe even a little more so knowing how stunted their emotional expression might be for a lot of them -  I hope they’re all able to find a way to process this in a healthy way and find healing and peace.

• Upvote 31
  • Love 4

1 hour ago, grandmadugger said:

Jill posted on Instagram that she died “suddenly,” so maybe she already had it written? 

It feels very impersonal to me though. 

• Upvote 5

Eh, when have the Duggars ever been eloquent about writing things? They got her love for the Lord in there and that's what counts to them. Jill's exclamation point/emoji filled IG post feels more weird to me than this.

I feel sad for Amy, as they were close and she won't get to meet Amy's son. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 1

6 minutes ago, princessmahina said:

Jill posted on Instagram that she died “suddenly,” so maybe she already had it written? 

It feels very impersonal to me though. 

In this area obits area are fairly impersonal. And this follows the basic format. The only part that sorta shocks me is it says she passed away and not went home to be with the lord. That’s fairly common phrasing. 

• Upvote 13

Just saw this announcement on FB. Have to say my first thought went to Amy too. They seemed so close and I bet she was so looking forward to seeing Mary with her baby. 

• Upvote 20
  • I Agree 4

Grandmas are the best people. I’m sorry for their loss, especially Amy. Grandma Mary seemed to accept and love her in a way that JB and his progeny never could. 

My grandma died in her early 90s and I still miss her. If you’ve got a good grandma, you can never spend enough time with her.

• Upvote 27
  • I Agree 4
  • Love 12

3 minutes ago, Dandruff said:

Wonder if M6 (if a girl) will be named Mary, or if one of the other pregnant Duggars would use the name.

I thought the same thing. 

I thought it may have been nice for jessa to use Mary in ivy’s name somewhere since she was born on her bday. I would hate it if they may have felt “obligated” too. I wonder if it did cross their mind if they are wishing they did now? 

• Upvote 13

I'm sorry to hear of her passing. My own grandma turned 93 yesterday and I'm going up to visit her this weekend. She told me the phone calls and visits from us are what keep her going since she's about 200 miles from family. 

• Upvote 9
  • Love 14

Both my grandmothers were lovely amazing women that I miss every day so I’m very sorry for their loss. I also feel a little extra for Amy. I was lucky to have all my grandparents alive until I was in my mid 20s but it still always makes me a little sad they never got to meet Miniway. 

• Upvote 6
  • I Agree 1
  • Love 8

I somehow find it very touching that Ivy Jane shares her birthday with grandma Mary and that she got to hold her. Poor Amy though. 

• Upvote 18
  • I Agree 7
  • Love 1

Aw shit golly this hits close to home. Losing a grandparent is hard, and losing one suddenly must be even harder. I didn't realise that Mary's only two years younger than my grandma.

• Love 5

Oh no ?

I didn't know she was in poor health, so I guess like others said it must have been sudden?

And I know I have different traditions than them, but I really hope one of the pregnant Duggars names their baby Mary. It would be fitting if M6 is a girl, but honestly since they've already started repeating names I think it would be awesome if all of them used her name. 

• Upvote 3
  • I Agree 1